• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Namine and Roxas got a legit heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mexican Sora

Awards
Namine is really a big mystery herself, they need to explain how she was created properly cause with Roxas it was explained and was easy to understand but with her it is a bit confusing

this video explains the issues that need fixing and explaining

I want to know how she even identified herself as "Namine" in the first place. That name like her came from nothing.

astertide

Awards
I want to know how she even identified herself as "Namine" in the first place. That name like her came from nothing.

Nami = wave
Ne = sound
Né = born

Naminé can translate to both "sound of the ocean waves" and "born of the ocean waves"

Kai = ocean
Ri = village
Kairi = nautical mile

Kairi's name can translate to both "ocean village" and "nautical mile"

Naminé came from Kairi.
Kairi's name relates to the ocean.
Naminé's name relates to waves.
See where I'm going with this?

Whoever chose Naminé's name must've known that she was Kairi's Nobody.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Nami = wave
Ne = sound
Né = born

Naminé can translate to both "sound of the ocean waves" and "born of the ocean waves"

Kai = ocean
Ri = village
Kairi = nautical mile

Kairi's name can translate to both "ocean village" and "nautical mile"

Naminé came from Kairi.
Kairi's name relates to the ocean.
Naminé's name relates to waves.
See where I'm going with this?

Whoever chose Naminé's name must've known that she was Kairi's Nobody.

Which member found her?

Who named her?

Also, why was there a mini doll of her in a bird cage in Re: CoM? Who made that?

Is her sketchbook just a means to entertain herself since she's been stuck inside four walls since birth or is that part of the process with her powers?

Questions, questions.

Zul

Awards
Which member found her?

Who named her?

Also, why was there a mini doll of her in a bird cage in Re: CoM? Who made that?

Is her sketchbook just a means to entertain herself since she's been stuck inside four walls since birth or is that part of the process with her powers?

Questions, questions.

I wonder if, when she was born, she saw Kairi's memories of ocean waves on the islands and instinctively called herself Namine based on that.

That's the only thing I could think of anyway, I doubt Xemnas named her considering his need to put the X in the name.

EDIT: I just realized who you are, we're still taking about KH a decade later on the same forum lol.

pastel.goblin

Awards
Which member found her?

Who named her?

Questions, questions.
I've always headcanon'd that she made the doll herself out of loneliness (she did patch up Axel's coat in the manga at least) but the cage was Larxene being Larxene.

Also headcanon that the drawings are a means of channelling her powers, but who knows. Knowing Nomura we never will lol. But also, how did she or the Org even come to the realisation she has memory powers, and how did they realise they were Sora-specific?

I bet all this stuff is in that "Truth About Naminé" from Days that will likely never see the light of... day lol.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if, when she was born, she saw Kairi's memories of ocean waves on the islands and instinctively called herself Namine based on that.

That's the only thing I could think of anyway, I doubt Xemnas named her considering his need to put the X in the name.

EDIT: I just realized who you are, we're still taking about KH a decade later on the same forum lol.

That would require Naminè to understand the basics of name meaning, which I doubt she had at her disposable being a couple of days old.

And hello there, veteran, lol. I did take a long break though. I dropped in once in a blue moon.

I've always headcanon'd that she made the doll herself out of loneliness (she did patch up Axel's coat in the manga at least) but the cage was Larxene being Larxene.

Also headcanon that the drawings are a means of channelling her powers, but who knows. Knowing Nomura we never will lol. But also, how did she or the Org even come to the realisation she has memory powers, and how did they realise they were Sora-specific?

I bet all this stuff is in that "Truth About Naminé" from Days that will likely never see the light of... day lol.

I always wondered why they have never, NEVER, shown Naminè's background. It's completely odd to me because there are things that are there because they simply are. Even Roxas got shown getting his name. She should have been seen awakening, using her abilities for the first time, possibly being tested/experimented on, being locked up in a room, etc.

I'm not sure what was the point of letting us check out what Axel was - "The Truth About Naminè". With KHII, that should be no mystery. Unless she's really Ava xD.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That would require Naminè to understand the basics of name meaning, which I doubt she had at her disposable being a couple of days old.
I'd imagine she would have been kind of a zoned out Zombie like Roxas and Xion, seeing she too lacks the memories of the person she came from. How she ended such a well developed individual by the time Sora met her, is a bit of a mystery, seeing she didn't get much socialization. Maybe Sora's memories?

I always wondered why they have never, NEVER, shown Naminè's background. It's completely odd to me because there are things that are there because they simply are. Even Roxas got shown getting his name. She should have been seen awakening, using her abilities for the first time, possibly being tested/experimented on, being locked up in a room, etc.

I'm not sure what was the point of letting us check out what Axel was - "The Truth About Naminè". With KHII, that should be no mystery. Unless she's really Ava xD.
I wouldn't put it past Nomura and the KH team to do that. But seriously what's with "The Truth About Naminé" popping up in Days and then a decade later we still know nothing more.
Part of me wants to believe it was just a red herring to make us question if maybe Xion was Kairi's Nobody and not Naminé, which would just be odd.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd imagine she would have been kind of a zoned out Zombie like Roxas and Xion, seeing she too lacks the memories of the person she came from. How she ended such a well developed individual by the time Sora met her, is a bit of a mystery, seeing she didn't get much socialization. Maybe Sora's memories?

Yeah, she seemed very knowledgeable already. I'm guessing is because she can definitely flicker through memories but it's still something that I feel should have been on screen to understand her existence more.

I wouldn't put it past Nomura and the KH team to do that. But seriously what's with "The Truth About Naminé" popping up in Days and then a decade later we still know nothing more.
Part of me wants to believe it was just a red herring to make us question if maybe Xion was Kairi's Nobody and not Naminé, which would just be odd.

Can't forget Xigbar mentioning her in the meeting and being weirdly cryptic about her whereabouts. Especially now that we know who he really is. Like, I get they were trying to look for her, but that conversation between him and Saïx was needlessly loaded. In Days itself we're shown where she is, lol.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, she seemed very knowledgeable already. I'm guessing is because she can definitely flicker through memories but it's still something that I feel should have been on screen to understand her existence more.

Can't forget Xigbar mentioning her in the meeting and being weirdly cryptic about her whereabouts. Especially now that we know who he really is. Like, I get they were trying to look for her, but that conversation between him and Saïx was needlessly loaded. In Days itself we're shown where she is, lol.
Her memory powers might have helped, but we still don't know how those manifested. Also could she look into the Org Member's memories because they interacted with Roxas or something? Because that would explain how she'd know so much.

By them leaving her early days vague, they just leave a lot of things open. Like why isn't she a reserve Org member? Why was she named Namine and not something like Riakxi? Why was she kept to the Castle Oblivion and not taken to TWTNW? Who was looking after her while the most of the members were still at the main castle?

Days really gave the impression there still might be more to learn and do with her as a character, but either Normua lost interest or because he's refused to progress the story much past KH2 until KH3 came out, we just haven't gotten to it.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Her memory powers might have helped, but we still don't know how those manifested. Also could she look into the Org Member's memories because they interacted with Roxas or something? Because that would explain how she'd know so much.

By them leaving her early days vague, they just leave a lot of things open. Like why isn't she a reserve Org member? Why was she named Namine and not something like Riakxi? Why was she kept to the Castle Oblivion and not taken to TWTNW? Who was looking after her while the most of the members were still at the main castle?

Days really gave the impression there still might be more to learn and do with her as a character, but either Normua lost interest or because he's refused to progress the story much past KH2 until KH3 came out, we just haven't gotten to it.

Actually, yeah, who was keeping an eye on her when everyone was at the other castle? Seems pretty dumb to have a tool be free to leave and walk out. Unless she was locked in? Her life sucked to be honest.

Who knows at this point. Naminè's background should have been covered better when it counted. It's just weird that things are just there without explanation, including her name.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Yeah, totes just turned into "Naminé: The Thread".

I do have to agree though, it's very strange. Even Zexion, who we could consider a non-fighter with his weapon of choice, had that sigil. The fact that someone of her caliber was relegated into "hostage", who could manipulate three aspects of the heart (albeit in limited capacity, but still...), why was she not an active member of the Org? A tool at best, a servant at worst, just a few steps above Dusks.

The only foreseeable hypothesis is Marluxia and Larxene found her first, and kept her a secret. However, that is clearly not the case since those who were not involved in the "weeding out" at Castle Oblivion knew about her, such as Saïx.

Back