• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So if I'm understanding correctly, Vanitas is in a replica body in KH3. Initially (Vanilla KH3) I thought that the screams being collected at Monsters Inc. is what helped revive Vanitas. If that's not the case and ReMIND makes it out that Vanitas is just a replica with his BbS heart, then what was Vanitas' purpose in Monstropolis? Were the screams just used to power him up?

AR829038

Awards
So, here's how I understand it. Yes, Vanitas is using a replica body so that his heart from the past can exist in the present. However, it seems to me that each of the hearts of the Organization members brought into replica bodies from the past were taken at the point of their initial destruction. Ansem and Xemnas, for instance, would have been picked up by Young Xehanort immediately after or at the point of their demise and brought forward in time. Now, we have to remember what happened to Vanitas in BBS. After the clash with Ventus in their shared Station of Awakening, both Ventus' and Vanitas' hearts became fractured. Ventus managed to rescue his heart by hibernating inside of Sora's, the person who had made him whole to begin with. Vanitas, on the other hand, after being brought forward in time by YX, would have used the screams and negative emotions from Monstropolis to restructure his own heart in the same way.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So, here's how I understand it. Yes, Vanitas is using a replica body so that his heart from the past can exist in the present. However, it seems to me that each of the hearts of the Organization members brought into replica bodies from the past were taken at the point of their initial destruction. Ansem and Xemnas, for instance, would have been picked up by Young Xehanort immediately after or at the point of their demise and brought forward in time. Now, we have to remember what happened to Vanitas in BBS. After the clash with Ventus in their shared Station of Awakening, both Ventus' and Vanitas' hearts became fractured. Ventus managed to rescue his heart by hibernating inside of Sora's, the person who had made him whole to begin with. Vanitas, on the other hand, after being brought forward in time by YX, would have used the screams and negative emotions from Monstropolis to restructure his own heart in the same way.
Amazing explanation, thank you! I didn't even think about Vanitas' heart being fractured at that point in time. I actually just assumed the hearts all came at their prime.

Noivern

Awards
From what I understand their hearts came from their prime, they just have a updated memory with what happened after (Which they'll forget when they are sent back in time after their defeats). Vanitas just wanted scream energy because yada yada energy yada yada analogy to unversed which are negative emotions yada yada etc.

Seriously, I doubt there was any deeper reason to him being there just like the other members. They just picked a world that fit with their theme that allowed to make a reference to the actual main game plot and went with it.

Marly is in Corona because flowers, and Rapunzel's fake ass mother relationship of abuse with her is very similar to what he did to Naminé in CoM.
Xehanort!Riku is in San Fransokyo because hearts taken over/lost to darkness, and getting those back.

Etc.

Henryp

Awards
He is a heart from the past in a present replica, but during the course of KH3 he refers to himself as being incomplete in the absence of Ventus. Apart from the thematic link of negative emotions/screams, he was using them strengthen himself. At the end, if Ux/DR don't change this, he is a broken heart just as Ventus was. Ventus used Sora as his fulfillment, Vanitas uses negative emotions for the same.

AR829038

Awards
From what I understand their hearts came from their prime, they just have a updated memory with what happened after (Which they'll forget when they are sent back in time after their defeats). Vanitas just wanted scream energy because yada yada energy yada yada analogy to unversed which are negative emotions yada yada etc.

Seriously, I doubt there was any deeper reason to him being there just like the other members. They just picked a world that fit with their theme that allowed to make a reference to the actual main game plot and went with it.

Marly is in Corona because flowers, and Rapunzel's fake ass mother relationship of abuse with her is very similar to what he did to Naminé in CoM.
Xehanort!Riku is in San Fransokyo because hearts taken over/lost to darkness, and getting those back.

Etc.
In Monstropolis, Vanitas explicitly refers to the Unversed collecting screams and negative emotions to "reconstruct" his heart, so his definitely wasn't brought in at its prime.

Noivern

Awards
In Monstropolis, Vanitas explicitly refers to the Unversed collecting screams and negative emotions to "reconstruct" his heart, so his definitely wasn't brought in at its prime.

He was brought back from his prime. But he was incomplete in BBS without Ventus, and thats what he is most likely refeering to.

Vanitas never got to be a complete being with a finished heart, althought he apparently could function without Ventus unlike the other way around.

Still, that barely makes sense considering he got a piece of Xehanort in him, so he should be more complete than ever before. lol

Mexican Sora

Awards
He was brought back from his prime. But he was incomplete in BBS without Ventus, and thats what he is most likely refeering to.

Vanitas never got to be a complete being with a finished heart, althought he apparently could function without Ventus unlike the other way around.

Still, that barely makes sense considering he got a piece of Xehanort in him, so he should be more complete than ever before. lol

You're wrong on that part. Both Ventus and Vanitas are both complete beings in BBS, with Ven's heart being recompleted by Sora and Vanitas being recompleted by Master Xehanort. They needed to merge in order to obtain the X-Blade in the graveyard.

astertide

Awards
You're wrong on that part. Both Ventus and Vanitas are both complete beings in BBS, with Ven's heart being recompleted by Sora and Vanitas being recompleted by Master Xehanort. They needed to merge in order to obtain the X-Blade in the graveyard.

... Huh, that makes sense. I always thought that Vanitas was still incomplete, and the reason he can make Unversed is because he's sort-of "leaking" negative emotions.

... Actually, I just checked the wiki and it just says that Vanitas can make Unversed because he "was created from Ventus." I'm really confused at that.

Wait, so, how can Vanitas create Unversed, exactly? I feel like I should know this, but I forgot.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
... Huh, that makes sense. I always thought that Vanitas was still incomplete, and the reason he can make Unversed is because he's sort-of "leaking" negative emotions.

... Actually, I just checked the wiki and it just says that Vanitas can make Unversed because he "was created from Ventus." I'm really confused at that.

Wait, so, how can Vanitas create Unversed, exactly? I feel like I should know this, but I forgot.
From what I remember in BbS, the Unversed are created by Vanitas because he is the purest form of darkness. Vanitas is able to manipulate people's negative emotions and manifest them into physical creatures (the Unversed). And if I'm remembering this correctly, when the Unversed get killed, they go back to Vanitas so he can just spawn more.

Which makes me think that Vanitas was probably using Monstropolis to load up on negative emotions. But if he was already a "completed" heart with Xehanort's heart fused with him like in BbS, then why would he need to get more negative emotions? I suppose to just power up for the final fight.

astertide

Awards
Vanitas is able to manipulate people's negative emotions
Wait, really? I thought he could only turn his own into Unversed.

But if he was already a "completed" heart with Xehanort's heart fused with him like in BbS, then why would he need to get more negative emotions?
Exactly! Not just that, why would he try to join with Ventus again at all? There's no point, they're not even in the Keyblade Graveyard so he can't summon the X-Blade. I thought he just wanted to be whole.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Wait, really? I thought he could only turn his own into Unversed.

Exactly! Not just that, why would he try to join with Ventus again at all? There's no point, they're not even in the Keyblade Graveyard so he can't summon the X-Blade. I thought he just wanted to be whole.
Apparently he could manipulate other people's negative emotions - which is why the Unversed appear in all those worlds. I think Master Xehanort sent him off to spread Unversed as much as possible to give TAV issues.

If that extremely emo "canon" story about Vanitas is true, I think he wants to reunite with Ventus to fade back into his void of darkness and no longer be a physical entity. I think there's a difference between Vanitas' "whole" and Ven's "whole". I'm not sure what the difference is because we've only ever known how beings of pure light function (like Kairi), but never a being of pure darkness like Vanitas. I wish they would explore Vanitas more (they probably will reveal that Vanitas is part of a species called "Darkness" from UX).

Mexican Sora

Awards
Apparently he could manipulate other people's negative emotions - which is why the Unversed appear in all those worlds. I think Master Xehanort sent him off to spread Unversed as much as possible to give TAV issues.

If that extremely emo "canon" story about Vanitas is true, I think he wants to reunite with Ventus to fade back into his void of darkness and no longer be a physical entity. I think there's a difference between Vanitas' "whole" and Ven's "whole". I'm not sure what the difference is because we've only ever known how beings of pure light function (like Kairi), but never a being of pure darkness like Vanitas. I wish they would explore Vanitas more (they probably will reveal that Vanitas is part of a species called "Darkness" from UX).

I think so too especially since Master Xehanort was known as the boy who could see the darkness; could be the reason why he had high interest in Ven. Watch Namine be the opposite of Vanitas and be a species of light.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think so too especially since Master Xehanort was known as the boy who could see the darkness; could be the reason why he had high interest in Ven. Watch Namine be the opposite of Vanitas and be a species of light.
That would be amazing and a great way to give Namine some relevance in Phase 2.

Cue Vanitas/Namine shipping.

Noivern

Awards
I'm not wrong. Neither were complete because they had other people's hearts filling up for them. That's not being complete, that's just a bandaid, lol.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That was actually never really properly explained, though I have the feeling the recent developments in UX might end up shining some light on how Vanitas might be able to do this.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It could be the scream energy was meant for AFTER KH3, that Vanitas didn't have any faith in MX's plan & prepared his own contingency to revive himself after the replica body was destroyed. Afterall, many of the other members turned themselves back into nobodies seemingly for no reason other than so they wouldn't perma die, Vanitas didn't have that luxary.

There's likely still unversed that remained after the battle & possibly a new Vanitas Remnant was created from the Replica's death as well. Throw it all in the blender & you get a cool refreshing Vanitas smoothie.

Back