• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi: The Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Face my Fears, my friend, my compañero....

When. Did. I. Say. That?

Like why bother discussing things when you’re obviously already putting words or imagining things I never said or even in the faintest implied? Like I know I troll a lot, but you’re giving me a run for my money.
You said you don't want Nomura to do anything with her. That's basically killing her off as a character. You also made it clear that you don't care about Kairi or anything that happens with her in the future, so it's pretty evident that you hate her and don't want her around anymore.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think there was a glitch or forum error because my friend @Face My Fears didn't see my post. Its ok @Face My Fears I'll post it again for you.

Face my Fears, my friend, my compañero....

When. Did. I. Say. That?

Like why bother discussing things when you’re obviously already putting words or imagining things I never said or even in the faintest implied? Like I know I troll a lot, but you’re giving me a run for my money.

Hopefully they'll actually read it this time.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Well why not answer what you actually done with Kairi now instead of being vague? What do you want to happen with Kairi?

Here's the thing: I never defended or mentioned 1 and 2. What happened back then was shoddy, especially in an ever changing world. You can make all the excuses you want, but just because bad stuff was excused back then still doesn't make it right.

Also Fear My Face I need you understand this. It's too late to change my mind about Nomura's negligence regarding Kairi. It's fine, you'll live despite me not liking his decisions. I don't want Nomura do to anything with her, and that's my issue with it.
At the end of the day I'll keep criticizing Nomura, its what gets me off. I'm his biggest critic that he doesn't give a damn about. The man lives in peace, oblivious to my bitter existence, so don't worry about Nomura's skills or honor.

Btw you're right on the money, you're finally understanding how this works.

latest

I boldened, italicized and underlined it for you, just so there's no confusion.

2 quid is good

Awards
And KH3 was great.
Well that's a little subjective don't you think xD

EDIT: to bring my post back on topic, there are people on this thread who are of the opinion that all we have to do is sit and wait patiently and twiddle our thumbs while KH works on something that satiate everyone's Kairi needs. This logic is also applied to practically every issue KH has, "Just wait, wait, wait and see, just have faith".

What kind of a thing is that to say? Do we just sit in silence for five years or something? And for God's sake, KH is a franchise that thrives off fans behaving like this, we're always bloody waiting and hardly EVER get our satisfaction. It's a constant cycle of "Please be excited" except there is no cycle because just when you think an end might be in sight you get dragged by the devs to carry on waiting.

How much more are we supposed to wait for Kairi? This is, for all intents and purposes, her game, and yet she's not even playable.

How is that even mildly defensible?

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Nomura has said in interviews about Melody of Memory that he doesn't think you can call Melody of Memory a proper Kairi game because she isn't the playable protagonist, so he's right there with you in believing that Kairi needs to be the protagonist for her to truly have her own game. In no way is he trying to pass Melody of Memory off as "The Kairi Game"

Also like... "What kind of a thing is that to say? Do we just sit in silence for five years or something?" As opposed to what? Five years of unrelenting negativity? Do you think that actually accomplishes anything? Honestly, probably the biggest thing to likely contribute to Kairi getting a better role was the fact that when the ReMind trailer dropped and showed she was playable, it had a huge positive reaction from the fandom and she trended high on Twitter globally. It showed demonstrably that the fandom cared about her and cared about seeing her get screentime and focus and being playable. That likely will have had more positive effect on her and the series than five years of endless negative arguing on a forum known for endless negative arguing.

Anyway, I'm done. You guys just keep at it, I guess.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think Nomura does need to do better with his female characters in general in KH though. It's not like he's incapable of creating good female characters, going by FF. I think he has several good ones in KH even, he just needs to actually use them.
Agreed KH actually has quite a few female characters that could be rather interesting and good, if more developed and focused on. However the way they usually choose to tell the story makes it hard to properly focus and develop the characters unless they're playable or with the villains to cut away to.

How much more are we supposed to wait for Kairi? This is, for all intents and purposes, her game, and yet she's not even playable.
Sadly it goes beyond her just not being playable, it feels like she's being left out again, despite her new story segment having initially been a huge selling point in the games announcement.

We haven't gotten a chibi Kairi, we haven't gotten any new renders of her. Sure this is also true for Naminé and Mickey, but they weren't marketed as major players for this game either. For a game that's supposedly going to have a focus on her, there's not much of a focus put on her outside of the framing story.
That said the game isn't out yet and those things might still be coming, but it's hard not to be reminded of previous exclusions.

Still part of me does feel hopeful for this to be a stepping stone in her becoming a bit more equal to Riku and Sora. As Audo said, there was a huge positive reaction to Kairi being playable and I'm sure SE took note of there being interest in her development. But I'm also a bit tired from always thinking"maybe next time".

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah killing kairi would make the situation worse considering the long trend of killing female characters for manpain. (women in refrigerators)
And considering she's been killed off before. In 3 of course, but even in 1 she's a living corpse for most of that game.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Yall really out talm.bbout "jux wait i swear nomjra has epic plans"? Bruh.

Kairi is deadweight. 20 years and the best we get is a one off redux of armored nort and she gets to be the narrator of another Sora's story (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series)? Lolol.

I'll admit we don't know how far MoM will go in terms of story or bringing Kairi to previously unexplored heights. But why would I just wait and see. They do not concince me. I think they need to be proactice with tbe Kairi. Have herhave struggles. They did that with Riku ever sinfe KH1 - expanded in FM; playable in CoM, came to terms in 2, minor involvement in Days, finished his arc witb a secondplayable bout in DDD.

Foxycian

Awards
What I’m about to say is only my opinion

Soo... I do want more of Kairi but I’m gonna be honest, I don’t mind if Melody of Memory was the only time Kairi gets the sole main focus, cause even if she is not playable the story movie technically is still about her past so it’s somewhat her story focus

If she gets to be playable in the future then she doesn’t have to be the Center sole focus like Sora, but just make her part of the story and be playable with the other main characters in a shared titles, just look at Riku the guy is seen by many as a main character after Sora yet he never really got his sole game, all the games that features him are shared with Sora, so I won’t mind if Kairi story length was similar and was all shared, her story can be like chain of memories, of people find her boring then she can have a story like riku’s reverse rebirth which is a bit shorter then Sora’s story, while the more interesting characters gets the Sora treatment of longer story

basically what I’m saying is from now on let Kairi be on the adventures and give her cool and relevant moments like everyone but you don’t need to force it and make her the center focus, MoM is already doing that with exploring her past which is the most interesting thing about her (besides being princess of heart) so yea I just want Kairi to be involved, basically like how Aerith is important in FF7 and is involved with cloud’s journey yet cloud is still the center focus of the story, so I’m satisfied if MoM gave Kairi moments to shine plus making her more relevant later on without forcing her to be the center focus in a sole future games, she is one of the main characters just seeing her do stuff and be playable is enough for people to acknowledged her.

Swing

Awards
I like her, I like her very much. She is such a sweet, big-footed, redheaded angel. I could cuddle her all day long. It is too bad, that the writers never really did anything with her. She is so far nothing more than a price for Sora to collect by the end of the game. I really wished they would have done more with her. To be honest she feels more relevant to the story then Riku is at this point. Sora and Kairi do interact with each other a lot and are officially a couple, while Riku is more of a lonely wolf that has his own story going on and isn't really connected anymore to the story of either Kairi or Sora.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I get what you're saying. Even Axel had to get a keyblade to stay relevant and he's a fan favourite (even though I didn't like him getting a keyblade).

I think Nomura's issue is that he has way too many characters now. The roles that Leon and the FF characters in Radiant Garden played are now filled by Ienzo and Ansem The Wise (and probably Even).

This is why I think Namine should have a unique power that none of the others have, like telepathy with Sora/Kairi/anyone connected to their hearts. She can help them research at the castle (where I believe she is named Queen of Radiant Garden) and also communicate across the worlds... oh yeah, they introduced the Gummiphone and that killed my idea for Namine.

Knowing Nomura it comes down to two options for Namine to stay relevant: get a keyblade or be someone from the ancient past (with a keyblade). Ugh.

I think most people would agree that there was no reason for Axel to get a Keyblade as he was fine just the way he was. It was fanservice, I know it, those who play KH know it, even Nomura knows it, he just doesn't want to admit it.

I rather not get into his inept head though, because the excuse he gave for it was blatant crap since...well, it was bs even without this, but Lea was ultimately not the one that helped return his friends and the role was instead given to Saïx for a half-assed "redemption" arc.

Naminè technically already has a unique power. And it's not that Nomura doesn't use it well. The girl is absurdly powerful and the characters should thank the Heavens that she wasn't made a villain.

The problem stems from the trios and the incessant, obsessed need to have them. Those not in it, don't get anything. It's a complete detriment to everything and the cast suffers from it as a whole. There's no synergy. KHIII would have been the chance for them to get at least a few sentences in, but they decided to stay uncaring and unresponsive to events while Sora took care of the actual proper reactions and concern for them. It was a joke.

Kairi and Naminè are legit some of the most badly treated female characters I've ever seen. Naminè was doing fine until KHIII happened and all she was worth there was to be a replica's trophy. Yet Nomura proceeds to break a leg and arm for those who inherit the XY chromosome. Saïx, Axel, Diz, fucking Xehanort, Riku Replica, Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, etc.

Oh, I forgot Strelitzia to add to the Kairi group. Doesn't constitute as a character and merely existed to give Lauriam his Onii-chan manpain. That's a worst fate than the other two.

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Tell me about it! I'm still waiting for an illu. Nami medal, which I definitely know will be uber powerful but I doubt it's going to come anytime soon...

That aside, Utada needs a new haircut, so Kairi can also get a new haircut!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think most people would agree that there was no reason for Axel to get a Keyblade as he was fine just the way he was. It was fanservice, I know it, those who play KH know it, even Nomura knows it, he just doesn't want to admit it.

I rather not get into his inept head though, because the excuse he gave for it was blatant crap since...well, it was bs even without this, but Lea was ultimately not the one that helped return his friends and the role was instead given to Saïx for a half-assed "redemption" arc.

Naminè technically already has a unique power. And it's not that Nomura doesn't use it well. The girl is absurdly powerful and the characters should thank the Heavens that she wasn't made a villain.

The problem stems from the trios and the incessant, obsessed need to have them. Those not in it, don't get anything. It's a complete detriment to everything and the cast suffers from it as a whole. There's no synergy. KHIII would have been the chance for them to get at least a few sentences in, but they decided to stay uncaring and unresponsive to events while Sora took care of the actual proper reactions and concern for them. It was a joke.

Kairi and Naminè are legit some of the most badly treated female characters I've ever seen. Naminè was doing fine until KHIII happened and all she was worth there was to be a replica's trophy. Yet Nomura proceeds to break a leg and arm for those who inherit the XY chromosome. Saïx, Axel, Diz, fucking Xehanort, Riku Replica, Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, etc.

Oh, I forgot Strelitzia to add to the Kairi group. Doesn't constitute as a character and merely existed to give Lauriam his Onii-chan manpain. That's a worst fate than the other two.
I hope they break up the trios ASAP.

I'm hoping the next game has Yen Sid or Mickey treat all the characters like the X-Men or Avengers. He teams them up based on how best the team would work together for the mission, not because of who they are friends with. New teams I can see emerging would be (I'm putting them in 3s because of how many party members you can have normally):

Aqua/Axel/Riku
Kairi/Roxas/Terra
Sora/Ven/Xion

Also, on non-numbered title adventures I would recommend Namine take the "Jiminy" role. They can call it "Namine's Notebook" and have the glossary of information, but also cute Namine-style drawings on the pages.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I hope they break up the trios ASAP.

I'm hoping the next game has Yen Sid or Mickey treat all the characters like the X-Men or Avengers. He teams them up based on how best the team would work together for the mission, not because of who they are friends with. New teams I can see emerging would be (I'm putting them in 3s because of how many party members you can have normally):

Aqua/Axel/Riku
Kairi/Roxas/Terra
Sora/Ven/Xion

Also, on non-numbered title adventures I would recommend Namine take the "Jiminy" role. They can call it "Namine's Notebook" and have the glossary of information, but also cute Namine-style drawings on the pages.
We could put some of these people on the backburner and let other characters take the spotlight.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
We could put some of these people on the backburner and let other characters take the spotlight.
But the characters that will go on the backburner will probably be the ones people want more of. Namine and Xion are the number one candidates most people volunteer to be written out, when I think they should get more attention.

If anything, Riku should go on the backburner for a while, but I doubt that will happen.

Back