• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch Our Attempt at the Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Demo!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The demo for Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory is rolling out worldwide on October 15th and we went hands on with the game on a PlayStation 4 Pro.

The demo includes six songs to play through, four field battle songs and two available in co-op. After a short demo sequence, you're free to config the game to your liking and try out any of the six songs. These include:

Battle Stage

Kingdom Hearts - Welcome to Wonderland, Hand in Hand

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - The Rustling Forest

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep - Wave of Darkness I

Co-Op

Kingdom Hearts 2 - Sinister Shadows

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - All For One

We recorded our attempts at playing all six of the songs available on the demo on various levels of difficulty. Let's just say that getting cocky and jumping into Proud mode on the first attempt of a song isn't the wisest idea...

A note about Co-Op mode: Our attempt was played by one person using two controllers, one in each hand. Naturally, the attempt is less than glorious so please excuse any flubs in that mode. The flubs in single player mode are just because the player is bad and still getting use to the controls.

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Demo is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on October 15 2020. 

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory is available for pre-order on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch ahead of its launch on November 13 2020. Players who purchase Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory on Nintendo Switch get access to an exclusive 8 player local mode while players who purchase Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory digitally on PlayStation 4 by December 31st 2020 gets access to a limited edition PlayStation 4 theme.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

AegisXIII

Awards
It's insane. It is not the same engine, not the same team and yet, it fells exactly like the KH from the good old days. So much nostalgia. Amazing! I hope we can get some more games with the old graphics in the future as they draw so much nostalgia for old fans.

Soldier

Awards
I know that it's a demo and everything, But it's weird seeing KH1 Sora going through the Enchanted Dominion knowing full well that he couldn't experience that world during KH1. I guess I have to suspend my thoughts on realism in these games.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
*The Rustling Forest*
*Stage is in castles*

Well now that's just false advertising.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Nice going. The game looks like a true Kingdom Hearts game. You guys did such a good job on the demo playing. I better get myself back into KH mode and remember that Circle is jump and X is attack again. The demo also tells me I should start on Standard, lol.

Maleficent's goons are back. Great!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Nice going. The game looks like a true Kingdom Hearts game. You guys did such a good job on the demo playing. I better get myself back into KH mode and remember that Circle is jump and X is attack again. The demo also tells me I should start on Standard, lol.

Maleficent's goons are back. Great!
Card soldiers, cursed pirates, & black guards are imminent.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’m getting Chaos Shrine flashbacks from watching that Proud mode run lol

Cumguardian69

Awards
This literally changes everything. SDG in enchanted dominion? 😱😱😱

SDG is "Team Classic"? Squeeee this is amazing 😍😍😍

Proud Mode looks intense as well 🍌🍌🍌

I am completely ready. Bring on the 15th!!! 👌👌👌

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I don't know why I thought the multiplayer was an online only feature. This is great, because now my partner and I can trade off playing with eachother on our preferred platforms.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't know why I thought the multiplayer was an online only feature. This is great, because now my partner and I can trade off playing with eachother on our preferred platforms.
It's time's like this I wish I had a second controller to play with someone else. No multiplayer for me :(

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think because it seemed like a foregone conclusion since co-op is only really viable online with COVID-19 unless you play with family, a roommate, or a significant other.

Honestly I'm shocked because they should really be stress testing online but oh well.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Hmm, rewatching the demo I was a little disappointed the party members don't seem to do much but attack. I know the team leader is, well the leader, but I was hoping the party members would have some of their unique attacks as well. Donald didn't seem to use any magic. Maybe in boss fights it'll be different?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I think because it seemed like a foregone conclusion since co-op is only really viable online with COVID-19 unless you play with family, a roommate, or a significant other.

Honestly I'm shocked because they should really be stress testing online but oh well.

It's a welcome feature for sure, considering cross-platform couldn't make its way in.

the red monster

Awards
jesus wave of darkness took me forever to beat and you made it look so easy.
gameplay is fun but i suck at it so much

Back