• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix releases brand new screenshots and renders for KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Alongside the rolling release of the KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory demo worldwide today, Square Enix has also released brand new screenshots and renders for the upcoming rhythm action game.

Watch our playthrough of the demo!

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory continues the story on from the end of Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind and features over 140 musical tracks and 20 characters from the seriesKingdom Hearts Melody of Memory releases on November 13 2020 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Image source: 4Gamer

Last edited by a moderator:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Seeing the name of Xion's theme next to everyone else's is so funny.
I know! I’m like, “whyyy even?!” Giving the leitmotif a fancy name, a French one at that rather than Italian, just screams of “sue”, even though I heard others say Xion is supposed to be a deconstruction of one. But no, not even Kairi, who had many renditions of her leitmotif just named Kairi I, II, and III, had that kind of fanfare. I like Shimomura, and I’m very tolerant of Xion, but that character theme title is the most laughable thing I’ve ever seen. Who even decided it? Kanemaki?!

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Lol, I bet she's a big diva about her them getting it's own name. She'll accept nothing less.

I know! I’m like even, “whyyy?!” Giving the leitmotif a fancy name, a French one at that rather than Italian, just screams of “sue”. Not even Kairi, who had many renditions of her leitmotif just named Kairi I, II, and III didn’t have that kind of fanfare. I like Shimomura, and I’m very tolerant of Xion, but that character theme title is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. Who even decided it?! Kanemaki?
Seriously? You're ranting about her theme having a name? If having a theme for your own name makes you a "sue" then so is Roxas and his "Other Promise" yet nobody complains about that. This complaint feels like such a reach just to rant on Xion.

Anyway love seeing the new MoM renders. Aqua and Ventus look particularly cool.

Katsagu

Awards
Omg seriously...they seem to be actively hiding KH 3 content, I don't get it! Just show something.

Renders look cool though.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Seriously? You're ranting about her theme having a name? If having a theme for your own name makes you a "sue" then so is Roxas and his "Other Promise" yet nobody complains about that. This complaint feels like such a reach just to rant on Xion.

Anyway love seeing the new MoM renders. Aqua and Ventus look particularly cool.
What? No. Who cares about the battle theme? They’re meant to be different, and that’s perfectly acceptable. Roxas has his “Other Promise”, and Xion is entitled to her “Vector to the Heavens”; it’s only fair.

What I’m poking fun at is she has the only leitmotif, literally the only one of all characters, to have it so wordy and fancy. It’s laughable when it’s racked up next to the others.

Then again, I really don’t have to explain it, so who cares?

I’m more interested in the fact that Atlantica is back. I can feel the migraine incoming.

Ultima Spark

I know! I’m like, “whyyy even?!” Giving the leitmotif a fancy name, a French one at that rather than Italian, just screams of “sue”, even though I heard others say Xion is supposed to be a deconstruction of one. But no, not even Kairi, who had many renditions of her leitmotif just named Kairi I, II, and III didn’t have that kind of fanfare. I like Shimomura, and I’m very tolerant of Xion, but that character theme title is the most laughable thing I’ve ever seen. Who even decided it? Kanemaki?!

I think it's because it (the track name) was originally from one of those fancy "arrangement" soundtracks you see for games and the like every so often (the 2010 Piano Collections in this case), and they decided to just throw it in when it was time to release the game OST.

Also I want some HD digital KH3 renders Square, I know you have them…

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is why people keep bringing it up in Xion debates lol

Also since Shimomura was insistent that character themes remain simple and just take on the their names yet she gave Xion a long, fancy song title in French.

The meow wow render is cute af

It's also an oldie, which is a shame. Both Dream Eater renders are old.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I think it's because it (the track name) was originally from one of those fancy "arrangement" soundtracks you see for games and the like every so often (the 2010 Piano Collections in this case), and they decided to just throw it in when it was time to release the game OST.
Yeesh…how hard is it to reduce the title to one word? Ah well, them’s the breaks.

I am waiting for the Atlantica rants.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Is Axel going to have a theme? And if so what will it be?

Edit: Actually it doesn't look like it. Axel's not a real main character confirmed.

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I was just wondering that. Are any of these really new or just recycled assets?
Looks like the updated recycled ones from the bundles, but then again they did say this game was made through Unity which hasn’t been done before, so…take of that what you will.

That’s another thing, were the new cutscenes also Unity or still Unreal?

AegisXIII

Awards
Looks like the updated recycled ones from the bundles, but then again they did say this game was made through Unity which hasn’t been done before, so…take of that what you will.

That’s another thing, were the new cutscenes also Unity or still Unreal?
New cutscenes are prerecorded with Unreal Engine. It would be very hard to achieve exact same lighting with Unity.
But it looks really great. Feels like past games.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think all the MoM renders have looked really nice so far. Honestly Roxas's MoM render might be my favorite render of him so far. It's like a updated one of him from the old games, but doesn't look a bit off like it was in his KH3 model.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The interface is so nice and clean, it's got me jonesing for an updated Theatrhythm: FF.

Also, gotta gush a little over the new renders. That Aqua is flames.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Maybe it's the placements my computer is putting them on, but Terra being above Meow Wow makes it look like he's jumping to attack it. Dream Eaters are our friends, Terra!

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Not bad! I also now know why they gain experience from walking. Those metal shoes must weigh like hell! If that’s not experience training, I don’t know what is.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
What I’m poking fun at is she has the only leitmotif, literally the only one of all characters, to have it so wordy and fancy. It’s laughable when it’s racked up next to the others.

I always commented on the utterly obnoxious name of her theme. But since she's so tragic, I guess she gets more privileges than other main characters.

Also, Xion's definitely not a deconstruction. Especially if you look at the origin of the term of the Star Trek parody (the actual "Sue" similarly dies...tragically). I never understood that argument - she's a straight example.

On the other hand, it's good to see the TAV renders. It's just rather daunting how Riku's team are some bat and a cat dog, lol.

Last edited:
Back