• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
View attachment 13060
I think this would be a good moment for KH1, seeing Sora is just genuinely happy to see Riku. Even, if Riku at the time couldn't recognize it as such, I do feel like Current day Riku would appreciate it. Though if we were to match it with Kairi's being the end I guess it'd be him and Sora parting ways at the door to darkness.

As for KH2 I think your #5 would be my pick, seeing it is a memory of Sora caring for him, reaching out and supporting him.

I'm drawing a blank with KH3, my gut feeling would be Sora's departure to save Kairi. Or when he just randomly appeared to block Aqua's attack that might also be a good pick.

I was thinking weirdly enough for KH3, it wouldn't be a happy memory but a sad one...one of Sora on his hands and knees crying. After all, that would have been the last moment Riku saw Sora in that specific timeline before Sora goes back and changes time.

Now I can't stop thinking about how Riku would totally have all of the sad heartbreaking moments or ones where Sora is crying...KH1 would be the door, CoM would be Sora sleeping in the egg, KH2 would be Sora reuniting with Riku...KH3 would be the Keyblade Graveyard.

But yeah, if it was KH3, it would be the one from the ending. It's the same image Riku uses for his Kingstagram post where has hope in Sora.

Awards
I always liked Sora x Namine. Rest assured, it’s less of a ‘golly I sure do hope it becomes canon or I’m gonna be awful sore!’ and more ‘I just think they’re super-duper cute together and can accept the story happenings arranged it so the two will never have much interactions of substance ever again, which is fine, I got some good fanfics to quench my thirst’.

...and also Sora x Ariel.
Ariel: Sora, I have a husband and daughter back home.

Sora: And?

Ariel: Nothing. Just making sure we were on the same page, baby~

Rapunzel: [from the bedroom] You two ready?

Both: 🙂 😈😈

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I think this would be a good moment for KH1, seeing Sora is just genuinely happy to see Riku. Even, if Riku at the time couldn't recognize it as such, I do feel like Current day Riku would appreciate it. Though if we were to match it with Kairi's being the end I guess it'd be him and Sora parting ways at the door to darkness.

As for KH2 I think your #5 would be my pick, seeing it is a memory of Sora caring for him, reaching out and supporting him.

I'm drawing a blank with KH3, my gut feeling would be Sora's departure to save Kairi. Or when he just randomly appeared to block Aqua's attack that might also be a good pick.
I was thinking weirdly enough for KH3, it wouldn't be a happy memory but a sad one...one of Sora on his hands and knees crying. After all, that would have been the last moment Riku saw Sora in that specific timeline before Sora goes back and changes time.

Now I can't stop thinking about how Riku would totally have all of the sad heartbreaking moments or ones where Sora is crying...KH1 would be the door, CoM would be Sora sleeping in the egg, KH2 would be Sora reuniting with Riku...KH3 would be the Keyblade Graveyard.

But yeah, if it was KH3, it would be the one from the ending. It's the same image Riku uses for his Kingstagram post where has hope in Sora.

I like all these! KH1 would probably be the door, yes.

My #5 for KH2 is actually a tie with #1, if I'm being serious. It's such a significant moment.

I agree that Riku's the type to have all the heart-breaking moments in his heart. For KH3, the Kingstagram image is definitely it, though I like the alternate narrative of focusing on his DDD line about Sora's stupid grin being the best guidance he could ever have. Hence this stupid grin and line that made me grin like stupid:
KH3SoraGrinIMadeIt.jpg

There's also these two shots of Sora from Riku's perspective that I think would be cute or meaningful.

KH3SoraSmilesToRikuRoD.jpg

KH3SoraVSAqua.jpg

There's gotta be one image of Sora's back in the lot. How many times must Riku have watched Sora from afar unnoticed, confused/consumed with jealousy and/or admiration? Also if Riku's so stunned by Sora's lack of self-confidence in the Keyblade Graveyard, seeing Sora ready to take on Aqua like this must mean something to him.

(I'm working on the Sora-in-the-throne, Kairi-in-the-background and Riku-in-the-background pictures.)

Last edited:

Somnus cealum

Awards
ehh he's like... 16. i knew people who were dating at 12. romantic relationships are fine at any age, really - are they preferable? no. i can't imagine how a relationship between two eight-year-olds would end well because they're likely to break up over some spilled apple juice or something. but relationships at a young age help you discover and learn relationships in general, which is why you see two third graders bragging about how they're "dating someone".

as long as there isn't some weird age gap, it's fine, really
he was about 12 in khux i think

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm taking the "Riku on the throne" fanart conversation here. (Also the "no one loves Sora" thread made me incredibly sad.) What SoRiku moments from the games would you pick for the three Sora drawings, in an artwork similar to the MoM Kairi-on-the-throne art? Can be platonic or romantic in your headcanon.
For me, who / what I would've included for a Riku throne artwork is:

- Ansem SoD
- Maleficent
- Namine + DiZ + Mickey in one frame together.
- Terra
- Sora and Riku's reunion in TWTNW.
- Back shot of Sora and Riku on the beach at the end of KH2.
- Child versions of Sora and Riku on Destiny Islands beach at night time (as seen in flashbacks in KH1 and then in BbS). Maybe an above shot looking down at them, but in a way that you can still see the island with the tree off to the side, a little of the night sky, and some shooting stars in the distance.

Last edited:

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
For me, who / what I would've included for a Riku throne artwork is:

- Ansem SoD
- Maleficent
- Namine + DiZ
- Terra
- Sora and Riku's reunion in TWTNW.
- Back shot of Sora and Riku on the beach at the end of KH2.
- Child versions of Sora and Riku on Destiny Islands beach at night time (as seen in flashbacks in KH1 and then in BbS).

Love this. Very much.

But where's Mickey? Explain yourself :D

Elysium

Awards
Oh, yes, I forgot him. Throw him in the frame with Namine and DiZ. :p

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Really?🙂 I... don't know what to say. Where is it though? I still get lost in the menus here and there 😄😄

LoneFox

Awards
Well, I have noticed that power metal lyrics often have accidental Kingdom Hearts references. It is understandable, because both have similar attitude and use the same power words to express it. But this particular one is so obviously about Sora and Kairi that I'm wondering if it is intentional...

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
There isn’t really any ship I think about enough to have found songs for them. And yet somehow I ended up with a Riku//Ven song in my playlists. I’ve shared it elsewhere already. I don't see them as a potential romantic ship, really—I'm not even sure how they'd have time to become close friends with the Limitcut set up—but I like to imagine them having parallel moments of lonely reflection to these lyrics, post-KH3.

And maybe I do have a Namixi song, but it's a bit random. I just want these two to kick ass as BFFs or girlfriends in the future. My head canon is that we don't see them in the Limitcut episode because they've run off somewhere together.​

Soriku
Xehaqus
That song is such a PERFECT Soriku song! I love it! Thanks for sharing!
The Xehaqus song appears to be unavailable (maybe in my country?) - what's the title and artist?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There isn’t really any ship I think about enough to have found songs for them. And yet somehow I ended up with a Riku//Ven song in my playlists. I’ve shared it elsewhere already. I don't see them as a potential romantic ship, really—I'm not even sure how they'd have time to become close friends with the Limitcut set up—but I like to imagine them having parallel moments of lonely reflection to these lyrics, post-KH3.

Oh man this totally fits them! if nothing else, it's a good friendship song where they can relate to each other over their trials against the Darkness.

And maybe I do have a Namixi song, but it's a bit random. I just want these two to kick ass as BFFs or girlfriends in the future.
THIS SONG. The power in those lyrics and beat 🙌 Namixi need to bust out and show everybody whose in charge now that they aren't under the thumb of controlling men and just playing a role in somebody else's awful game.

That song is such a PERFECT Soriku song! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you liked it! It totally embodies their relationship and Riku's hopes ;A;

The Xehaqus song appears to be unavailable (maybe in my country?) - what's the title and artist?

"Good Goodbye" by Lianne La Havas. It's one of my favorite songs by her. I recommend checking out her album Blood because every song is good.

Well, I have noticed that power metal lyrics often have accidental Kingdom Hearts references. It is understandable, because both have similar attitude and use the same power words to express it. But this particular one is so obviously about Sora and Kairi that I'm wondering if it is intentional...

I mean, I have seen some very intentional power metal songs that were definitely based on KH before. I don't think this one is but I can see where it feels like it.

Elysium

Awards
I'm not really a song-fic person, so I can't think of any, other than...

Controversial opinion, but I actually still associate the lyrics of "Don't Think Twice" with SoRiku--that's partly why I loved that song so much from the jump. I can't remember what the Japanese version's lyrics are like, but most of the lyrics to the English version sound like it's from Riku's point of view, mostly the lines about living in a kingdom of thieves (referring to when he worked with Maleficent because he felt rejected by Sora) and not understanding why he would say (cruel) things he didn't really mean as a front.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
There isn’t really any ship I think about enough to have found songs for them.

Same here.

I can't even do Gula/Ava as they don't have enough material yet to decipher what type of relationship they have. I noticed I don't really ship much in the KH series because the romance is only for one pairing. I can't bring myself to care about SoKai to think of songs for them though.

pastel.goblin

Awards
I love music, but I rarely seem to find songs that make me think of ships lol, so it's always cool to see others do it. I know Sanctuary isn't about Rokunami, but I'll personally always associate it with them regardless due to KH2's opening and ending

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Songs huh?

Besides the Disney canon that pairs the princesses with their respective princes (i.e. I see the light for Rapunzel and Eugene, so this is love for Cindy and Henri/Charming/WHATEVER, etc.), the game's theme songs feel as if they're for Sora and Kairi, both the Japanese and English versions.

Any pair with Roxas in it just screams of Jesse McCartney...

Honestly, the lack of romance in this game really doesn't spark the imagination except the ones I mentioned above, let alone any songs to go with it. I'll have to sit this one out.

Grey Skies

Awards
An obvious one is the song "Luz" by Charm. It's a soft rock cover of Hikari/Simple and Clean with the lyrics all rewritten in Spanish and it's very obviously about Sokai. The lyrics are quite on the nose compared to Utada's lyrics but cheese is what Kingdom Hearts deals in so I don't mind. The lyrics are about little more than romance, and the line "sola no me dejes" confirms the lyrics are sung from a female perspective and the line "y cuando dos almas se vuelven un solo corazón, eso es amor" probably refers to Sora and Kairi joining in the beginning of KH1. In fact I can't imagine this song being about anyone but Sokai.

Back