• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
No new PS5 info? What's the point then? That's what everyone is begging for. We need a price point. Officially. Especially if it launches in November. That's literally 3 months away.

These bits of info are kinda cool I guess, though personally I could care less about any of it.
There's still Gamescom this month, that's a bigger venue for announcing Next-gen stuff.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No new PS5 info? What's the point then? That's what everyone is begging for. We need a price point. Officially. Especially if it launches in November. That's literally 3 months away.

These bits of info are kinda cool I guess, though personally I could care less about any of it.
The point is because Sony still has the PlayStation 4 with 100+ million units sold that they have to cater to.

I truly get it; it's frustrating wanting a price and a date and every opportunity both Microsoft and Sony skirt around that. But this kind of "late" reveal is also not that unusual. While by this point in 2013 we had a price, the PS4 didn't get a date until August 20th 2013 and was released November 15 2013. The Nintendo Switch also got a full reveal, including both price and release date, in January 2017 and the console was on sale in March 2017. The PS4 Pro was also revealed, both price and date, in September 2016 for a November 2016 release.

You can also choose, if you so wish, to look at the upcoming PS4 releases as games to boost your PS5 collection since they all have to be compatible with the PS5. That means you could have a stronger launch line-up of games than in previous years, despite them being "PS4 games."

That's how I'm choosing to view this State of Play at least. While launch titles haven't officially been revealed, Kena: Bridge of Spirits and Spider-Man Miles Morales should be there day one and, for me, will be joined by Crash Bandicoot 4, Watch_Dogs Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and the Lego Star Wars Saga. That's a fucking strong start to the PS5 compared to when all I got for my PS4 was Infamous: Second Son* and Knack.

*I didn't get my PS4 until April 2014, a month after Second Son came out, but considering those were the only two games I got outside of PS+ games and a lego game, then those 6 months were a very weak launch.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
We'll probably start getting prices when Microsoft finally unveils Lockhart/Series S I wager. Since the point of Lockhart is to be cheaper than Series X, they'll need to say by how much. Then a few days later Sony can have their counter-pricing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd imagine those would be announced at Gamescom. Microsoft is attending Gamescom virtually and I'd hope that this game of "wait and see" will end there. I'd love a price and a date for the PS5 so I know where it fits into the grand scheme of this crowded release period but I'm not too fussed about learning that at the moment since patterns, like in my previous post, don't tell me I should be alarmed at this point.

Other than that, there have been a few insiders teasing another Sony event later this month though I don't think a SoP is what people want though. Online, in hyper-focused game communities, I've seen price and a date as most important thing people want, followed by UI, instead of games. Meanwhile I want to know about the games lol.

Edit:

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Some more PS5 box arts

81oOgmeXyML.jpg

81w29-DiDDL._SL1500_.jpg

I don't mind the white banner on Watch Dogs but I think it still has some getting use to for me.

Edit: side views

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
OMG I GOT MY ORDER IN 15 MINUTES AGO AND I'M STILL SHAKING!!!

Went with a bundle that included an extra DualSense and Miles Morales so goodbye $1000 AUD

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So I haven’t done my research, but is there some transfer process to go from physical PS4 media to a digital PS5?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
As far as I’m aware, because they haven’t gone into the specifics of it all, but you put the PS4 disc into the PS5 console and you’re then able to download the PS5 digital version of the game (despite it being the digital version, you will need to have the disc inserted like you would on PS4).

Don’t think they’ve confirmed if it downloads automatically like a patch would, or if you have to redeem it on the store.

2 quid is good

Awards
Yikes.... These next gen prices for Europe are ridiculous. An increase of £25 and €20 respectively putting our games at 90+ Dollars.

Yeet me outttttaaaa here, no base game will ever be worth this much

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Probably going to hold off on buying a PS5 right now. I'm definitely getting the disc drive version because I'm not about that digital life sucking up all my hard drive space. My hopes are they have a special edition Resident Evil 8 console but I highly doubt that lol.

Back