• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who Should Get New Outfits In Phase 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who Should Get New Outfits In Phase 2?

• Sora

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Riku

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Kairi

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Roxas

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Donald

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Goofy

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Mickey

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Namine

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Xion

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Aqua

Votes: 27 65.9%

• Total voters

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Well in my case there's two reasons for voting for them.

I don't really like Xion's outfit that much, besides always saw her as a pants kinda gal, her black top and white skirt don't quite work for me. Similarly with Axe,l the lack of real color in his new wardrobe was rather disappointing.

The other reason is how this was phrased, it's asking "who should get new outfits in the new phase" my answer to such a long period (going of the last one) is everybody.

What time lapse are you talking about? The one year in Limit Cut? That's hardly enough time to get used to their clothes. Phase 2 began at end of KHIII + Re:Mind.

While I respect personal preference, there's no real good justification why they should be picked over everyone else when they have new outfits, whether one likes them or not. We got Ms. White Rag For Years, Skater Boy 2000, and Feudal Era Japan clan to be more concerned with.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
What time lapse are you talking about? The one year in Limit Cut? That's hardly enough time to get used to their clothes. Phase 2 began at end of KHIII + Re:Mind.

While I respect personal preference, there's no real good justification why they should be picked over everyone else when they have new outfits, whether one likes them or not. We got Ms. White Rag For Years, Skater Boy 2000, and Feudal Era Japan clan to be more concerned with.
I was referring to a phase most likely going for 10 years in our time, phase 1 lasted more than 15 years, which is more than enough time to justify new outfits for everyone.

And for me it never was about deserving it more. Clearly Naminé would be most deserving of a new outfit. Aside from her everyone has had at least one alternative outfit, Roxas the Org coat, Donald and Goofy their traditional outfits and AVT their armor. So, if anything she should get at least two outfits in this phase to make up for 16 year of just wearing a plain white dress.

Cumguardian69

Awards
We got Ms. White Rag For Years, Skater Boy 2000, and Feudal Era Japan clan to be more concerned with.
Namine isn't even a character, she doesn't deserve to exist. The white rags suit her until they finally decide to give ol girl an actual role tbh. Don't even waste time putting Nomura to the pen on a new design for herf.

Roxas old clothes are old but...he's still the same age he was a couple months ago, it's not like anything REALLY changed for him. HPO have new dos but tbh we don't even know why besides nobody wants to wear old smelly clothes lol

TAV should keep their dos as well, you think, because they are part of a formal Keyblade Monastery of sorts. they are like monks. they deserve to keep them. I would do something about Aqua's whack ass rags and spats but aside from that...they all look pretty ok. Give Ven a new do maybe but only to further differentiate him from Roxas

pastel.goblin

Awards
Namine isn't even a character, she doesn't deserve to exist. The white rags suit her until they finally decide to give ol girl an actual role tbh. Don't even waste time putting Nomura to the pen on a new design for herf.
Sorry but hard disagree on this. Naminé is one of the few characters to start off more on the morally grey side, and have an actual meaningful character arc. Look at how she is in CoM compared to how she interacts with Roxas in the KH2 prologue, she's had actual growth as a character. As for her role, there's been so many opportunities for her to use her unique powers but Nomura for whatever reason chooses not to. She easily could've been Sora's guide in Re:Mind since connecting hearts and tracing links is part of her deal, instead she showed up for a cameo. She should also be a driving force in Melody of Memory, she's Kairi's Nobody with power over memories for goodness sake. I'm hoping she has a role to play, but from what we've seen AtW will somehow do it with science or something.

Besides, she technically saved everyone's useless butts against Terranort, I think she deserves a new outfit ffs.

Sorry for going offtopic 😅

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Besides, she technically saved everyone's useless butts against Terranort, I think she deserves a new outfit ffs.
Pretty sure that was Lingering Will who did that. Yes, she brought him there, and deserves praise for that, but it's not like she was driving the armor herself. However you are right in that she deserves a new outfit. More then anyone she needs it most.

Can't believe I haven't commented on this. The characters that need new outfits are the ones who didn't get one by the end of KH3. So that is ATV, Roxas, and Namine. Lea, Isa, and Xion shouldn't even be looking at new outfits until like post KH4.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Pretty sure that was Lingering Will who did that. Yes, she brought him there, and deserves praise for that, but it's not like she was driving the armor herself. However you are right in that she deserves a new outfit. More then anyone she needs it most.

Without Naminè, there would be no Lingering Will, period. He was the muscle, her sword, but she's the integral part of achieving the interference of the time line to prevent a repeat by summoning him. All credit should go to her. Otherwise your faves would not be alive.

Roxas old clothes are old but...he's still the same age he was a couple months ago, it's not like anything REALLY changed for him. HPO have new dos but tbh we don't even know why besides nobody wants to wear old smelly clothes lol

TAV should keep their dos as well, you think, because they are part of a formal Keyblade Monastery of sorts. they are like monks. they deserve to keep them. I would do something about Aqua's whack ass rags and spats but aside from that...they all look pretty ok. Give Ven a new do maybe but only to further differentiate him from Roxas

She's definitely a character, just underutilized because she's, one, not in a trio, and two, can't fight. And I've repeatedly stated if you don't have that, you will get shit in the series. Apparently. It's without a doubt incredibly unfair and in poor taste. It doesn't help that Nomura is just...subpar. Instead of making her interact with the cast, he throws her to Riku Replica to complete his arc, not hers, and it's at the very last second. When did the girl care about the dude, I have no clue, but I think I was supposed to feel touched and fuzzy inside? I think. That was the intention anyway...that fell completely flat due to her lack of giving a damn about him previously.

I do not respect Nomura as a director to be honest and it gets worse with every installment. It's why I'm not buying anything else from the series.

And he still wastes his time drawing her into the front covers despite doing absolute bullocks in her favor. Or trying yet failing because he just can't write. I don't get it either. Though this means he can pen some clothes for her.

Roxas needs a new outfit. It doesn't make a slick of sense to have everyone around him, literally everyone around him, be up to date and yet keep him in those clothes. If a sore thumb had a name in that KHIII ending, it would be called Roxas.

TAV would be okay but two have slept and spent 10+ years in those clothes. Yikes. At least a redesign, they can keep the theme.

Last edited:

welken

Awards
I would like it if every character wore a new outfit in each new game. New adventure, new day, new clothes. Especially if they're gonna throw around horseradish like Phase 2 and sagas, even if it's just in press.

I'd like to see Maleficent in some original fashion too. Maybe Cruella can design it for her.

As far as who "needs" a makeover the most, well, SRK... because I don't dig their KH3 designs much. I'm more fine with Axel and even Namine's casualwear but of course they should get something snazzier too.
Even though I think Donald & Goofy's KH outfits are fabulous, I would love to see them in something new. Something slick for Goofy and fancy for Donald. Also, Terra and Aqua.

And please, please phase out the black jackets... if there's a quota for mysterious schemers with hidden faces, so be it, but everyone should have their own look. At least the foretellers have different masks and colors, that's something.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Without Naminè, there would be no Lingering Will, period. He was the muscle, her sword, but she's the integral part of achieving the interference of the time line to prevent a repeat by summoning him. All credit should go to her. Otherwise your faves would not be alive.
First of all Terranort didn't even kill the Guardians, the Demon Tower did and Sora still had to fight it even after Lingering Will chased Terranort off. Secondly Sora is the one to reset everything, so Namine calling Lingering Will is pointless if he didn't abuse the Power of Waking to reset it. I said she deserves praise for the part she played, she certainly was a big help. But she didn't single handily save everyone by herself, that is simply untrue.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
First of all Terranort didn't even kill the Guardians, the Demon Tower did and Sora still had to fight it even after Lingering Will chased Terranort off. Secondly Sora is the one to reset everything, so Namine calling Lingering Will is pointless if he didn't abuse the Power of Waking to reset it. I said she deserves praise for the part she played, she certainly was a big help. But she didn't single handily save everyone by herself, that is simply untrue.

None of that would have been possible without Naminè getting involved. The time line would have run the exact same because the rules dictate that nothing changes unless it is interfered with. It's why everything was occurring over again despite the characters being aware and conscious of it yet helpless to stop it. Naminé was that interference. Without her, there would be no Lingering Will to intervene and change the timeline, therefore no chance for Sora to use the Power of Waking, etc. She wasn't alone, but her (cause no one asked her to do that, that was her strategy) choice was the most essential to get everyone where they needed to.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I would like it if every character wore a new outfit in each new game. New adventure, new day, new clothes. Especially if they're gonna throw around horseradish like Phase 2 and sagas, even if it's just in press.

I'd like to see Maleficent in some original fashion too. Maybe Cruella can design it for her.

As far as who "needs" a makeover the most, well, SRK... because I don't dig their KH3 designs much. I'm more fine with Axel and even Namine's casualwear but of course they should get something snazzier too.
Even though I think Donald & Goofy's KH outfits are fabulous, I would love to see them in something new. Something slick for Goofy and fancy for Donald. Also, Terra and Aqua.

And please, please phase out the black jackets... if there's a quota for mysterious schemers with hidden faces, so be it, but everyone should have their own look. At least the foretellers have different masks and colors, that's something.
Oh, this just got me thinking about Pete. He can definitely use a design upgrade. His outfit screams KH2/2005.

It would be cool if Maleficent and Pete got an update and maybe a more serious look? Maleficent should just be a few enhancements to the classic look, nothing that will completely change it. Pete can just get with the button craze... or whatever craze Nomura has in KHIV.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
She wasn't alone,
This is all I was trying to say. If you wanna say Namine's part was the most important one, that's fine, heck I'll even agree with you. But just remember Namine's plan only works because Sora saved everyone from the Lich abusing the Power of Waking and Kairi was keeping him alive to do so, sending them back in time to act stupid again, until LW shows up. It was a group effort.

I never implied that she literally took control of Lingering Will? But like TwilightNight said, her connecting with and bringing him to the fight was the catalyst for changing the timeline, everything was playing out exactly the same before he intervened.

Anyway sorry, didn't mean to derail the discussion
You didn't do anything wrong. I'm just being a nerd on here. This is all on me. Sorry about that.

Somnus cealum

Awards
i really think the destiny trio, wayfinder trio, and roxas, namine, mickey, donald and goofy should get new clothes. i do like the current ones but when kh4 is here, they need new ones.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't know if it has been said yet but I'm saying it again because I said it in another thread but Roxas' outfit is literally from the early 2000s. Designed for CoM. CoM came out in 2004. That outfit was designed in 2003. It's older than the Apple iPhone.

Please, let Roxas' outfit go and let him wear something not circa-2000s, one of the worst fashion eras on this planet.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Roxas' original outfit is one of the best in KH though, and fits the vibe of Twilight Town perfectly. I don't mind him getting something new though. I mean, they changed his face, so they might as well change his clothes.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
The only aspect I liked about Roxas' outfit is the checker pattern and the light/dark dynamic (which makes sense on him, not on Ventus, Nomura...). So if he can keep that white/black visual, it should be fine. Probably more black though.

And Naminè would be more white, but can't think of what color. The fandom gives her sky blue like her sandals.

This is all I was trying to say. If you wanna say Namine's part was the most important one, that's fine, heck I'll even agree with you. But just remember Namine's plan only works because Sora saved everyone from the Lich abusing the Power of Waking and Kairi was keeping him alive to do so, sending them back in time to act stupid again, until LW shows up. It was a group effort.

And Sora's plan only worked due to Naminè's own tactic. You brought in everyone else saying she didn't do it alone, but that wasn't the point. She was the MVP.

-one of the worst fashion eras on this planet.

202y84.jpg

Hey now, hey now. I agree, but I pretty much rocked that style in my teens. You just had to wear it well...

Back