• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favourite Kingdom Hearts Trio?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Best Kingdom Hearts Trio?

• Destiny Trio [Sora, Kairi, Riku]

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sea-Salt Trio [Roxas, Xion, Axel]

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Wayfinder Trio [Ventus, Terra, Aqua]

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Lost Trio [Naminé, Riku Replica, Vanitas]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disney Trio [Mickey, Donald, Goofy]

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Masters Trio [Xehanort, Eraqus, Yen Sid]

• Union X Trio [Player, Skuld, Ephemer]

• Dandelion Trio [Lauriam, Elrena, Strelitzia]

• Radiant Garden Trio [Lea, Isa, Subject X]

• Total voters

LBJENmariposa

What is your favourite Kingdom Hearts trio?

I didn't include the Kairi Trio [Kairi, Naminé, Xion], the Sora Trio [Sora, Roxas, Ventus], the Riku Trio [Riku, Riku Replica, Dark Riku] or the Main Trio [Sora, Donald, Goofy] because a) it's repeating characters and b) that's more trios than the maximum number. But they get a special mention here!

and yes Lea and Axel are considered different people because they technically are different people with the same memories and similar personalities

Katsagu

Awards
Best trio is and always will be Sora, Donald and Goofy for me. That's the heart of the series right there.

Voted Roxas, Xion and Axel on the poll though.

Funily enough I find Sora, Riku and Kairi to be the most lacking of the main ones. They're almost never together.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Well of course I'm going to be 100% bias and vote Sea-Salt trio. So long as it's Axel we're talking about and not Lea...yes there is a difference. I will admit that Sora, Donald, and Goofy are the most fleshed out trio of the series though.

But some of the trios on the list aren't trios. Namine, Repliku, and Vanitas aren't a trio. If you want to include Namine, she has a unofficial trio in the Novels. It's pretty good actually. There is also ones like the Xehanort and Subject X one where we have no idea what they were even like. And I don't think it's a bad idea to have multiple characters be listed. This way you can have Sora, Donald, and Goofy as a trio/team. Because I feel they should be on there even if Sora is already marked in one.

Still none of that truly matters for my vote which is team RAX all the way!

Foxycian

Awards
I love all trios and it pains me to pick x) but I’ll just Go for the Wayfinder Trio, however to me the destiny trio are the ones who truly represents kingdom hearts.

Last edited:

gulava

Awards
My favorite is the wayfinder trio, but I don't think it's fair to split the dandelions into trios as they all aren't limited to just two characters to bond with like the how main three trios. I don't believe we might get new trios in the next saga either lol. It seems like nomura is dropping the trio concept with how he is grouping the lost masters and the dandelions in groups of 5 or more if you count strelitzia and elrena. Trios can be fun, but they are the reason why main characters like namine ends up being forgotten by both the fandom and devs.

Eonstar890

Awards
I’m obviously a wayfinder hoe if that wasn’t already obvious and I’ll never tire of explaining why :)

TAV in a way fits the trio role best since they were kinda designed to be such a group. Each having a unique elemental motif while also a common theme. Plus there signature game is the only one that allows you to play as all three equally allowing them to share the spotlight and I find there story to be so well written. Also the way they fight so hard for each other is beautiful and I find it to be more heartfelt than the others are.

No other trio will ever surpass them for me :)
(I’d also like to point out its kinda funny how at this time all the votes are either sea salt or wayfinder.. the two true factions of the KH fan base)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sora, Donald, and Goofy is currently my favorite trio. KH3 really solidified their bond for me.

As for the options on the list I voted for TAV. I didn't really care for the trio at first, but they had some nice moments in KH3 and 0.2 that made me appreciate it

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
1. Main Trio (SDG)
2. Destiny Trio ~ Only because Sora and Riku are here.
2. Radiant Garden Trio ~ Likewise with Isa. He and Lea have an interesting back-and-forth for me. We'll have to see if Mystery Girl ends up adding anything or if she's just dead weight like Kairi.
3. Twilight Town Trio ~ They have the best overall dynamic, I like all three characters even if none of them are my absolute favorites, and all three feel developed.
4. Disney Trio
5. Hayner, Pence, Olette

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I detest trios. Y'all know.

They're black hole cliques that need to be disposed of and they prevent the cast from being a proper ensemble. And for a series whose theme is individuality, they sure like making repetitive SRK rip-offs.

And for that very reason, I voted SRK. Cause I'm a rebel.

The best, healthy, non-dramatic soap opera fest trinity is actually Sora, Donald, and Goofy.

Somehow, they aren't an option, but a fan made trio is.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Man... Omitting the SDG (or 'Classic') trio is one thing, but pretending that Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are a trio is a whole other can of worms.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy are the most 'Kingdom Hearts' trio because they've shown they can make the blend of Square and Disney work. They're the only ones who can exist anywhere and not ruin the moment by being too much. Those three carried a directionless, meandering game called Kingdom Hearts 3, and filled it with moments of levity, fun, and genuinely believable love for one another. TAV couldn't do that with all the screentime in the world.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Voted TAV but others make a good point; a number of options on your list aren't actually established trios, just groupings of 3 characters who are kinda associated with one another. The Dandelions especially shouldn't be locked into trios since, unlike the rest of the cast, they actually mix and match and hang out in different assortments of people.

Omitting the GOAT SDG is no bueno :p

Noivern

Awards
Ehh, the whole trio stuff is lacking.

TAV is the only proper 3 way friendship in the series. All three are show to love and care for one another at all times and this also reflects on every other concept of their game. They are also all favorites of mine, so I'm biased.

Sea Salt trio is pure garbage to me because it's just.. fake. I don't remember a single moment where I felt like Xion and Axel were proper friends who cared for one another for any reason other than being Roxas's best buds. It just felt very forced to me.

Destiny Trio is probably the best in fan works and I love each character individually and how they are portrayed as an ot3 in the fandom, and the intro of KH1 was also really good, as well as their reunion scene in 2. Then 3 happened and Riku was treated like a complete outsider and lol.

That aside, like others mentioned, SDG is the OG and they even have a whole gameplay gimmick all about them being a trio with the Trinity, a shame it's not an option.

pastel.goblin

Awards
Personally I'm tired of trios, and I've always hated the idea of the "Lost Trio." Naminé shouldn't have to be lumped in with the homicidal replica she was forced to brainwash and a literal being of darkness she's never even canonically met. It's just pair the spares but trios.

Besides that I agree with everything Noivern said above aha

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Besides the three half-pints, I'd have to go with the Destiny Trio. They're what started it all. Ironically enough, they're always separated in the games.

Lost Trio isn't a thing. Naminé has no one to belong with if we're talking about exclusionary trios.😓 At best she's an extension of the entire Twilight gang, at worst she's almost always alone.

I wish there was more development with the Union X trio, but Skuld hasn't even seen Player since they were trapped in the data world.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Sora, Donald and Goofy. It's not like they don't drill it enough in our brains throughout the games that these names are meant to be strung together. That's a friendship that builds up over KH1 with fights and care and mistakes and apologies. Are we forgetting that Sora learns about American friendship hugs from them? The first "three half pints" scene in KH3 made me sob. Yeah Donald's banter doesn't help Sora build up confidence, but still. They stick with that kid. I'd be very upset if Donald and Goofy were ditched from gameplay with Sora in future games.

In your poll, though, I voted Destiny Trio because I like that they aren't fully functional as a trio and that romantic tension, rivalries, and growing up challenge their relationships. But I find Hayner, Pence and Olette more convincing as a childhood friends trio. A SRK trinity attack would be as mind-blowing to me as the Gayblade™ and the Jian-bird duo attacks. I hope it happens one day. That would purge and reset the world to its original unified state for sure.

I need more games with TAV and RAX to see how they turn out in the future. I like them, but not as much as SDG and SRK.

Also, hopefully they drop trios soon. Or surprise us with an all female or all male trio or ... two girls one guy? I'm not sure how we'll be able to handle the novelty.

Awards
Disney Trio by far. Everytime Donald & Goofy see Mickey again and give him the biggest hug is the cutest thing in the world! 😭

That scene in KH2 “did someone mention the door to darkness?” where they reunite and Goofy picks up both Donald and Mickey might be my favourite non-action scene in the series!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
SDG would have been my vote. They are the ultimate trio and I love them so much. When Donald and Goofy tell Sora to stay safe and worry about him before he goes to save Riku in KH3, I legitimately started tearing up.

I’ll probably vote TAV…

In general I don’t like that the series relies so heavily on trios. We get some really interesting development when they mix and match or focus on duos.

LoneFox

Awards
Also, hopefully they drop trios soon.
What makes you (and other people as well) think they didn't do this already? I don't remember there being any trios in DDD, UX, or DR. In KH3, you can make a case for SDG, but other than that the concept has no relevance in it either. Also, some of the old ones got upgraded to quartets (RAXI, TAVC).

Back