• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► GameInformer interviews Hazama, Suzui, and Nomura about Melody of Memory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xagzan

Awards
I hope Kairi's supposedly big plot relevance leads in the future to more than just a couple of cutscenes in one game.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
It does make sense if you count in Naminé and I do hope Nomura remembers that as well.
Tracing of connected memories and stuff is exactly Naminé's turf so she could provide Kairi with the necessary information and pointers to the memories of the others.

They are all connected through Sora which gives Naminé the chance to access these memories of the other main characters. Most of the other characters are also connected among themselves so with their consent (which I imagine will be readily given as it serves to try and find Sora) Naminé and Kairi can travel trough/visit the memories of the others without much problems and it is easily explainable with in-universe logic.

The prize question is if Nomura remembers that and utilizes it or if he brings just yet another new concept/plot device to bear no one else has ever heard of before.

Namine must have gotten her power from someone. But even without Namine, Kairi's heart was repaired thanks to the light of all the guardians in Re:Mind and re-watching the cut scenes felt like they were really insistent about light being a connection, so Kairi doesn't need Sora to be connected to everybody anymore.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Good to know the scope of the game. Figure that in regards to story it'll probably not add much more than 0.2 or Re:Mind did, probably less even, though we might get a new framing of past events from Kairi's pov which I'm more than interested in hearing.
I'm actually getting more ReCoded vibes from this game if I am honest. Still excited to play it of course, and ReCoded had some good qualities to it too, so that's not a insult.

With that said I'm really more into this game now for the music and gameplay. I'm sure the story will have something good, but I'm being blunt, I just wanna play RAX bopping to KH themes. But hearing Kairi recap every story does sound fun. Maybe when she's a old granny herself she'll be telling this story to her own snot nosed grand kids...before the next insane scientist launches them off to space.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
If we’re going to see into the past, then I wonder if we’ll see Kairi’s grandma again

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm actually getting more ReCoded vibes from this game if I am honest. Still excited to play it of course, and ReCoded had some good qualities to it too, so that's not a insult.
Yeah, Re:Coded sounds a fitting comparison as it also has a recap and framing story which is a bit on the sparce side. It'll probably focus in tying up lose ends and plant a few seeds for future games.

Chie

Awards
For some reason, talking about Kairi having a spoilery importance in general and saying this will show a timeline for the future is the first thing to make me feel like this really is setting up Kairi to be a protagonist in even more games. Nomura said that Kairi being on the ReMind title was also a hint for the future of the franchise; if this game is still part of that mapping the future, then I don't think it's the "future" he was talking about.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Nomura: "Who's Namine"

Feel sorry for her fans.

Don't know why he keeps her if he's not going to utilize her properly. Should've stayed within Kairi if that was the case? And his ass is still dragging the "Thank You Naminè" thing. Like, the girl will probably get it in the year 2030.

It's really sad that she is a cutscene-only character since KHII, it's a wonder she made it on the cover of KHIII actually.

Or why even this MoM cover. It means she's considered a main character but like...lol. It's Kairi all over again.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Namine must have gotten her power from someone. But even without Namine, Kairi's heart was repaired thanks to the light of all the guardians in Re:Mind and re-watching the cut scenes felt like they were really insistent about light being a connection, so Kairi doesn't need Sora to be connected to everybody anymore.

Ah welp, and here we already got the new concept, introduced in Re:Mind.

Using Naminé and involving her this way would have been much more interesting and character-oriented than bringing up such a new plot device again but what can one do, this seems to be a thing which gets evermore numerous since DDD.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I do wonder, if Nomura even considered using Namine, seeing Memory is her thing... but I guess she's busy looking through Xion and Roxas' memories?

Chie

Awards
"Light and hearts and connections do [whatever i want]" isn't even really a 'concept', just... pointless filler "explanation" dialogue. Though I'm sure we haven't seen the last of it, unfortunately.

Back