• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ending The Debate - Aqua vs Terra vs Ventus on Who Would Win in a Match

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GARYXWISARD

My rank in order
- Terra
- Ventus >/= Aqua

Terra has the most endurance and strength from all of them. In the Mark of Mastery, he was not given rank of master because the darkness that got revealed during the exam (all of it could've been avoided if Eraqus gave the master rank and trained Terra to control it than have him resort to seek Xeanort). Also, Terra (might of been) holding back the darkness while sparring with Aqua (if he ignored the darkness, it might have overwhelmed him and probably kill Aqua).
Aqua only defeated Terranort because Terra was holding him back from having complete control. Terra has defeated Master Xeanort, Eraqus, and Vanitas and Terranort. Some say that MX may have been holding back to avoid damaging Terras body (but he wasn't going soft either, otherwise Terra would have killed him). In addition, Lingering Will is the mind/will of Terra alone, yet it is not only the strongest boss in KH2FM but able to stand against Terranort.
Aqua has not shown much victorious moments in battle (not feats, have along of feats dont mean better). The times she wins, is with having someone to assist. Even fighting Vanitas in Neverland, she faints from exhaustion and Vanitas stand before she does (could've killed her then), the next time she faces him with Mickey he tosses them aside like nothing. Which is why Aqua is either the equal or below Ventus (who is the equal to Vanitas). She also almost got merked by Vanitas in KH3 until Ventus saved her. Aqua and Ventuas also almost got merked by Terranort until.... Terra intervened in KH3.

Foxycian

Awards
Actually I disagree, I agree that aqua final battles won with the help of Ventus terra and Mickey however In terms of who is stronger it is
Terra=Aqua>Ventus
Ventus is strong and can become as strong as the other two or maybe stronger and actually his not that behind just few steps behind, altho terra and aqua are equal still I believe terra using the darkness is a bit stronger while aqua is a bit more skilled, so yea I believe they are still equal and even Ven can put up a fight to the point of draw with one of them seeing as he defeated Vanitas.

Edit:

To me it’s honestly

Power-wise: Terra>Aqua>Ventus (only slightly, they are very close to each other level)

Potential-wise: Ventus>Terra>Aqua (Not only was Ventus Nerfed in BBS by being split in two, and having amnesia, and losing his original keyblade missing ache, but Xehanort also said that Eraqus intentionally didn’t let Ventus grow much in his training because Eraqus Feared Ventus. and we saw how Ven grew so much fast in his adventure to the point he can match Vanitas equally, and even Beat him without Fainting like Aqua)

Last edited:

GARYXWISARD

Actually I disagree, I agree that aqua final battles won with the help of Ventus terra and Mickey however In terms of who is stronger it is
Terra=Aqua>Ventus
Ventus is strong and can become as strong as the other two or maybe stronger and actually his not that behind just few steps behind, altho terra and aqua are equal still I believe terra using the darkness is a bit stronger while aqua is a bit more skilled, so yea I believe they are still equal and even Ven can put up a fight to the point of draw with one of them seeing as he defeated Vanitas.
I agree,
that Eraqus said that Aqua and Terra are equal in strength, but it seems Terra has shown for development since then and shown more of his feats in the battles than Aqua. Though they have their own skills (his endurance and strength, her magic and speed), it's who would remain standing. Having magic and speed is almost no comparison if equipped with low endurance (which she shows) against someone of high endurance (it would be like hitting a brick wall). One could know about different martial arts, but it wont be effective if they dont have the endurance to last as long as possible, especially against someone who is stronger willed, stronger, and able to take many hits (endurance). Terra and aqua would be a good fight (not sparr) but he would win, without using darkness). I'd say him using darkness would be if she would use an ally (this match is one on one).

Jochira

Awards
Terra is definitely the strongest, even w/o darkness and Terranort/LW, he even managed to hold his ground, while having a 1 vs 2 against MX and Vanitas (yes, I know both was holding back, but Vanitas kept holding back against Ventus and Aqua too)

Ventus, I say, is stronger than Aqua, since he did manage to go toe-to-toe, when Vanitas wasn't holding back

Aqua was the only 1 that fainted against Vanitas (when he was still holding back) and also needed Mickey's help to defeat Venitas

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If Riku is stronger than Terra, and Aqua could beat Riku, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Aqua is stronger than Terra and Ven and the only characters probably stronger than her are Mickey and Sora (and Yen Sid?).

Strength and power is relative, though. Their skills and power changes depending on the situation. It doesn’t matter at the end of the day when it is all metaphorical power gained from the power of friendship/light/darkness/the force.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Whoever the plot needs to be strong is the strongest. Like if you ever told me a few years back that Donald Duck could one shot Terranort I would have laughed. Yet here we are. Another thing we should take into account is this is a video game franchise and not a straight anime. Therefore whoever is playable or is a boss fight determines strength as well. For example you can say Terra and Aqua are stronger then Ventus, but if Ven is playable and Terra/Aqua are winnable boss fights in his story, that throws any argument that Ven can't beat either of them out the window.

GARYXWISARD

If Riku is stronger than Terra, and Aqua could beat Riku, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Aqua is stronger than Terra and Ven and the only characters probably stronger than her are Mickey and Sora (and Yen Sid?).

Strength and power is relative, though. Their skills and power changes depending on the situation. It doesn’t matter at the end of the day when it is all metaphorical power gained from the power of friendship/light/darkness/the force.
Keep in Mind, Aqua bested Riku with use of darkness, and she was going all out to end Riku while he was holding back because he was trying to bring her back. In a Sparr Terra was fighting his darkness with Aqua if darkness powered Aqua and darkness powered Terra fought, Aqua would lose. Also all the battles Aqua has done alone she has KO’ed or stalemated with a partner; Terra has fought solo and with either the same people or those stronger. But in the end yes, at the end if Plot demands it, they could make Aqua KO Yen Sid, Terra , Ven, Mickey, Sora at the same time for PIS; but stats and battles from the gameplay/cutscenes, Terra has more success.

GARYXWISARD

Whoever the plot needs to be strong is the strongest. Like if you ever told me a few years back that Donald Duck could one shot Terranort I would have laughed. Yet here we are. Another thing we should take into account is this is a video game franchise and not a straight anime. Therefore whoever is playable or is a boss fight determines strength as well. For example you can say Terra and Aqua are stronger then Ventus, but if Ven is playable and Terra/Aqua are winnable boss fights in his story, that throws any argument that Ven can't beat either of them out the window.
I agree, the stats could change any moment based on the current plot the game is focused on. Like you said if they wanted to cause the plot demanded, Goofy could of been a secret organization member and was the last XehaNorted member and had all the Organizations power and defeat Sora, Yen Sid, Riku and everyone (just been playing dumb). But I say just looking at the stats, battle history/results from then to currently, who would end up on standing, I say Terra.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Aqua's got the Master Keeper, that Keyblade's OPAF.

EmanVal

My rank in order
- Terra
- Ventus >/= Aqua

Terra has the most endurance and strength from all of them. In the Mark of Mastery, he was not given rank of master because the darkness that got revealed during the exam (all of it could've been avoided if Eraqus gave the master rank and trained Terra to control it than have him resort to seek Xeanort). Also, Terra (might of been) holding back the darkness while sparring with Aqua (if he ignored the darkness, it might have overwhelmed him and probably kill Aqua).
Aqua only defeated Terranort because Terra was holding him back from having complete control. Terra has defeated Master Xeanort, Eraqus, and Vanitas and Terranort. Some say that MX may have been holding back to avoid damaging Terras body (but he wasn't going soft either, otherwise Terra would have killed him). In addition, Lingering Will is the mind/will of Terra alone, yet it is not only the strongest boss in KH2FM but able to stand against Terranort.
Aqua has not shown much victorious moments in battle (not feats, have along of feats dont mean better). The times she wins, is with having someone to assist. Even fighting Vanitas in Neverland, she faints from exhaustion and Vanitas stand before she does (could've killed her then), the next time she faces him with Mickey he tosses them aside like nothing. Which is why Aqua is either the equal or below Ventus (who is the equal to Vanitas). She also almost got merked by Vanitas in KH3 until Ventus saved her. Aqua and Ventuas also almost got merked by Terranort until.... Terra intervened in KH3.

There's some points off in your topic. For instance; Terra winning against old xehanort was intentional and it worked. The old man's goal was to take control of his body, not to kill his soon to be vessel and, at the same time, Vanitas real goal was to take care of Aqua and Ventus. In the cutscenes of that fight we see Xehanort effortlessly block Terra's assault with a single arm and teleport in front of him to stop him from chasing vanitas; i don't think that these elements can be categorized as "Terra beat Xehanort and Vanitas". Lingering Will defeated Terranort, not Terra and the LW is stronger than the Terra we know. Also LW loses to Terranort in KH3, so this point is not valid.

Your points on Aqua are a bit biased too. She defeated Vanitas twice ALONE while Ven needed Mickey to survive their first encounter otherwise he would've been killed. She was tired, yes but because her intent was not to harm or simply defeat, but to literally kill him. In her final battle against the merged Vanitas, he had an incomplete version of the X-blade which is still way more powerful than any regular keyblade we know, so the fact that she needed help is completely understandable. Also in her fight with Terranort she perfectly holds her own by herself (and her intent is not to kill, but to free her friend while LW goal was to kill Terranort) and when Terra manages to interfere she was already winning and had enough energy to dive into the ROD, rescue terranort and keep fighting in the ROD without stopping, so i don't know how u are dismissing this huge feat by simply saying "terra helped".

In KH3 Aqua was weakened, tired and had PTSD. This is not made-up by some fan, but it's literally confirmed twice in main game and confirmed in the DLC (ignoring this element is just foolish and biased at this point) as well and she was still able to beat Vanitas up until he decided to cheat and she decided to sacrifice herself while, on the other hand, Ventus was getting hammered easily by the same Vanitas in the KG fight.

To finally answer your initial question, i think that Ventus would be the first to go. He is simply not at their level.
The final battle would be Aqua vs Terra. If we're talking about KH3 Aqua, then terra wins with some difficulty, but if we're talking about a fully recovered Aqua, the battle would be much harder. Even if at the beginning of the BBS we see that they're equal in terms of strenght, Terra's fighting style can be dangerous and still be too much to handle for Aqua in the long run, but if she starts using her magic i think that she can win or, at least, terra cannot win without using the Darkness and, even if he does, Aqua's magic is so powerful and versatile that it still would be a balanced match, so i think that it could go either way.

Back