• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really hope the release date gets dropped at this months Xbox 20/20 event (edit: July 23).

I get antsy when something is confirmed for the year we're in but there's no actual date attached to it. At least with a date we know that we're heading towards a release rather than what feels like endless waiting. Otherwise we're waiting until Gamescom and then TGS, which would be incredibly late to drop a release date for a 2020 game on current gen.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Try not to worry about the release date too much. Reminder that we are stuck between two behemoths that constantly alter fate: COVID-19 (killing people left and right, massively slowing down workflows, etc) and SQEX (remember KHDR being announced and delayed? How about KH3 getting announced, not talked about, delayed, delayed again? How about 0.2? FFXV? Hell even Dissidia NT).

Just take the rest of this year in stride. Chances are, MoM will get "delayed" to late November/December then delayed again to early 2021, just because SE mismanages everything it touches.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Try not to worry about the release date too much. Reminder that we are stuck between two behemoths that constantly alter fate: COVID-19 (killing people left and right, massively slowing down workflows, etc) and SQEX (remember KHDR being announced and delayed? How about KH3 getting announced, not talked about, delayed, delayed again? How about 0.2? FFXV? Hell even Dissidia NT).

Just take the rest of this year in stride. Chances are, MoM will get "delayed" to late November/December then delayed again to early 2021, just because SE mismanages everything it touches.
Of course COVID has thrown a spanner into the works, probably why the game wasn't announced in April like it was suppose to, but after everything that's happened and they're still committed to 2020 as a release.

KH2.8 was delayed because FFXV pushed into its release slot and KH3 was delayed because of a crowded holiday market (both of which had nothing to do with the quality or development of the games themselves), and DR was delayed because they an extremely limited staff looking after two games when COVID ramped up. there's no reason for me to believe that MoM would be delayed.

At least for me, a date is helpful as it makes me feel like there's something to look forward to in this shit. Something to look too and be like "okay, 67 days until I get to have a scrap of enjoyment" rather than "sometime in the next 178 days."

I fully get what you're saying, and it's all correct. But on the other hand it's much easier to look forward to something when there's a date to count down to.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I honestly think they'll release the game in about three months. Remember that SE has that internal policy where they don't announce upcoming titles unless they're in a very comfortable state to be announced.

Katsagu

Awards
Got Theatrhythm Final Fantasy curtain call used today... Saw it cheap on a second hand store and though why not?

Have been playing during the afternoon... KH MoM is now my most anticipated game of the year, I cannot wait to play this. I CANNOT! It will be so glorious.

Kind of sad they didn't use the cute designs though.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Moderately hopeful for a release date announcement during this:

Fingers crossed for Timesplitters trilogy remasters and/or TS4. THQ Nordic announced they bought the IP last year, series co-creator Steven Ellis revealed he was working with a new team on "TS's future", the other remasters Spongebob & Destroy All Humans have both just released, & Gamescom's right around the corner. It's go time!

Oh & uh, that Disney weeaboo thing too, I guess.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Not counting this month, we only have 4 months left for a release date. I'm very curious how much story content will be in this game. I refuse to believe Square have learned their lesson on trailer spoilers this soon after KH3. This makes me believe this game won't have too much story and be more for the gameplay. Still wanna hear more about it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not counting this month, we only have 4 months left for a release date. I'm very curious how much story content will be in this game. I refuse to believe Square have learned their lesson on trailer spoilers this soon after KH3. This makes me believe this game won't have too much story and be more for the gameplay. Still wanna hear more about it.

It's the difference in spoiler culture. Japanese trailers in general are riddled with them, and the audience there doesn't really consider it a problem.

Hopefully there will be something during the State of Play later this week. It'd be nice to get some news lol

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's the difference in spoiler culture. Japanese trailers in general are riddled with them, and the audience there doesn't really consider it a problem.

Hopefully there will be something during the State of Play later this week. It'd be nice to get some news lol
Is that why they let the trailers show every character in KH3...minus Namine? Given the spoiler culture, what if they showed every story bit in MoM already? Though I'll laugh if the rhythm gameplay completely overshadows anything Kairi does in the game.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I don't see KHMOM being part of the absolute state of play trailer, simply because it's a low budget under-most-peoples-radar type of game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Is that why they let the trailers show every character in KH3...minus Namine? Given the spoiler culture, what if they showed every story bit in MoM already? Though I'll laugh if the rhythm gameplay completely overshadows anything Kairi does in the game.

It'd still be lacking context I suppose lol

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd be fine with just a release date and a few new songs. Would be nice if we saw a glimpse of Kairi's grandmother

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't see KHMOM being part of the absolute state of play trailer, simply because it's a low budget under-most-peoples-radar type of game.

I think this stream is likely to be a mix of big upcoming games and a bunch of smaller stuff. Sony enjoys marketing "low budget under-most-peoples-radar" types of games. 40 minutes is a lot of time to cover games coming out this fall/winter. And it isn't for stuff on the PS5, which means they have to fill it with something.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Idk. It’s 40 minutes and devoted primarily to third party PS4 titles, so I think it stands a pretty decent chance of showing. It may be low budget, but those can often generate surprisingly high profit margins. Also, didn’t SE say most of their announcements would happen around late July/early August? I think Marvel’s Avengers is the most likely SE title to make an appearance, but a 2 minute or so MoM trailer with a possible release date would be easy to squeeze in. Like Spock said, it would be good filler material among the larger reveals.

SuperNova

Awards
Considering MoM is looking to be a bridge type game in the veins of COM and Days/Coded it would be a good smaller trailer to show among Sony's bigger titles. It may not be a big release like KH3 was, but this would be the perfect opportunity to give us a new trailer if not a release date if its coming out this year since I doubt SE will dedicate an entire event to a "smaller" KH game.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Considering MoM is looking to be a bridge type game in the veins of COM and Days/Coded it would be a good smaller trailer to show among Sony's bigger titles. It may not be a big release like KH3 was, but this would be the perfect opportunity to give us a new trailer if not a release date if its coming out this year since I doubt SE will dedicate an entire event to a "smaller" KH game.
You would think they would give us a release date. There's not much time left in 2020 to be holding out. It would be great if it releases around the same time as the KH3 volume 1 manga as I can get both at the same time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back