• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

if you had to pick a Keyblade master to train under who will it be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who will be your Master?

• Master Xehanort

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Master Eraqus

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Master Aqua

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Master Mickey

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Master Riku

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • One of the Foretellers?

• I don’t care if he/she didn’t get the title of a master I still want to train under him/her

• Total voters

Foxycian

Awards
If you had the option who would you rather train under and why?
1. Master Xehanort
2. Master Eraqus
3. Master Aqua
4. Master Mickey
5. Master Riku
6. Foretellers?
7. Or just train under the character you like master or not

Eonstar890

Awards
Master Aqua wins for me in a landslide as she is definitely the most experienced and knowledgeable Master from what we’ve seen who is also not corrupted by darkness or aligned to it in some fashion.
She has always done everything in her power to be a force for good, she is a pretty good fighter and accomplished magic user, and she has firsthand experience combating the darkness after surging the RoD for ten years straight.
Plus she would also be a very caring master. Eraqus to me was reckless as a master, and not very thoughtful of his students dispositions. He willingly sent Terra off despite his internal struggling with darkness and provided no helpful guidance in better understanding it, burdened Aqua with the responsibility of “watching” Terra AND tracking Ventus down, and literally tries to murder Ventus before trying to reason with the boy.
The foretellers are dumb af. Period.
Riku and Mickey wouldn’t be awful, but Mickey seems like he is too flighty to be a teacher. The dude clearly hates being tied down by things since he’s a freaking King and yet he is constantly leaving his kingdom. Riku is a great keyblade wielder and also has been sharpened by his experiences, but I still think Aqua has him beat when it comes to knowledge on the ways of the keyblade since she received a traditional training.

LoneFox

Awards
Either Riku or Brain, because those two are Nomura's avatars for showing the right way of being a leader.

Noivern

Awards
Definitely Aqua. Not only is she experienced, having gone through hell and back (quite literally so), I feel like her wielding style fits me the most as I favor magic and range every time I can in fantasy setups.

She's also quite patient and cares deeply for everyone, so I feel like she would know the best way to train me to reach my goals while also respecting my limits and making sure I don't overwork myself nor go down a depressive train of thought feeling like I can't reach my true potential.

D

Deleted member 252753

Tempted to vote for one of the Foretellers, specifically Ava. She seems nice and easy to talk to and if you get on well with her, you might be spared from an apocalyptic war, which is a neat bonus.

Seriously, Aqua seems like a good pick for the reasons people have given. I imagine she'd be a strict teacher like Eraqus but would hopefully learn from his mistakes.

My top pick isn't on there though. The retired Keyblade Master Yen Sid. He is very wise, and has lots of cool magical items you can play with

Cumguardian69

Awards
Master Sora because he gets ultimate plot armor which is a skill that no one else can boast tbh, not even Mickey has plot armor..

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I would rather go the self taught route like Zettaflare/Sora. Nothing gets you prepared for the real world like the real world itself.

But of the choices...I don't know. Riku, Mickey, and Aqua are all fine but I have yet to see any of them in a mentor/teacher role and I know all three can be just as useless as they are useful (Terranort scene) I likely wouldn't survive Eraqus or Xehanort's training even if the idea is amusing.

I would either go with Ava or Aqua. They seem the best choices, despite what I said about Aqua earlier.

Awards
Master Aqua wins for me in a landslide as she is definitely the most experienced and knowledgeable Master from what we’ve seen who is also not corrupted by darkness or aligned to it in some fashion.
She has always done everything in her power to be a force for good, she is a pretty good fighter and accomplished magic user, and she has firsthand experience combating the darkness after surging the RoD for ten years straight.
Plus she would also be a very caring master. Eraqus to me was reckless as a master, and not very thoughtful of his students dispositions. He willingly sent Terra off despite his internal struggling with darkness and provided no helpful guidance in better understanding it, burdened Aqua with the responsibility of “watching” Terra AND tracking Ventus down, and literally tries to murder Ventus before trying to reason with the boy.
The foretellers are dumb af. Period.
Riku and Mickey wouldn’t be awful, but Mickey seems like he is too flighty to be a teacher. The dude clearly hates being tied down by things since he’s a freaking King and yet he is constantly leaving his kingdom. Riku is a great keyblade wielder and also has been sharpened by his experiences, but I still think Aqua has him beat when it comes to knowledge on the ways of the keyblade since she received a traditional training.

This is also much of the reasoning for why I too chose Master Aqua. I agree with many of these points, especially how out of all the options, Master Aqua and Master Mickey were the ones who stayed closest to the light. Master Mickey, though, as much as I love him, I probably wouldn't want him to train me for certain reasons. While Aqua did temporarily fall to darkness in Kingdom Hearts III, she is also an example of how friends and loved ones can help us out of those dark places in many cases. Riku also is an example of this, too, so I guess he would be a second choice for me. Aqua ultimately recovered from her temporary fall and in the end stayed closer to the light than most of the other Masters in my opinion, though. I think any of these Masters have their own benefits and interesting reasons one might follow them, but personally, I would choose Master Aqua for her personality and for how close to the light she has stayed.

By the way, kudos to the Topic Creator for this intriguing poll! I really like it, as it is very thought provoking and offers an opportunity lot of different and really neat perspectives!

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Master Aqua, for all the reasons already mentioned. I don't think Riku is ready to mentor yet, it would just be too much time spent on awkward "don't call me Master" conversations and unspoken "I need to find Sora first". I'll reconsider when he's older and more confident as a teacher. (XD)

I was tempted to say Master Mickey, because I want to do cool bubble combos with him; he would let me do my thing while he does his own thing and be available for a GummiPhone check in from time to time (or randomly show up when I'm about to die, which can be useful). But like Eonstar said:

Mickey seems like he is too flighty to be a teacher. The dude clearly hates being tied down by things since he’s a freaking King and yet he is constantly leaving his kingdom.

I wouldn't trust that mouse with my education.

But actually, my mentor of choice would be Master Donald. We'd scream at each other all the time but also bond and learn lots of stuff. And he'd send me over to duel Sora to improve the Keyblade-specific techniques when he needs a day off.

Last edited:

Eonstar890

Awards
But of the choices...I don't know. Riku, Mickey, and Aqua are all fine but I have yet to see any of them in a mentor/teacher role and I know all three can be just as useless as they are useful (Terranort scene)

There is no Terranort scene in Ba Sing Se🙂

(But seriously that whole moment was trash and I have decided to neglect from KH canon for the rest of eternity)

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wonder what training with the Master of Masters is like? I imagine he's a really over the top teacher. It might be worth a lesson just for his crazy antics.

D

Deleted member 252753

I wonder what training with the Master of Masters is like? I imagine he's a really over the top teacher. It might be worth a lesson just for his crazy antics.
I would be worried about learning under the Master of Masters. He is very manipulative of his students and impressionable young minds like Xehanort's so who knows what he would get you to do for him.

I feel like Master Riku would be the opposite: honest and transparent with his students. Eraqus, Aqua, and Mickey are more likely to lie (or not tell the whole truth) in order to protect you but we've seen that often doesn't end well.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I would be worried about learning under the Master of Masters. He is very manipulative of his students and impressionable young minds like Xehanort's so who knows what he would get you to do for him.

I feel like Master Riku would be the opposite: honest and transparent with his students. Eraqus, Aqua, and Mickey are more likely to lie (or not tell the whole truth) in order to protect you but we've seen that often doesn't end well.

Absolutely.

There must be some unique stuff to learn from the MoM (and from Master Xehanort) but they are too dangerous; it doesn't seem worth the risk.

Riku's integrity/sincerity/honesty (not sure which word to pick, but Aqua says sincere in BBS) is his number one character trait <3 I'm reconsidering my Aqua vote... although, no I'm not. I believe Aqua's journey would have made her reconsider some things (she'd be an Eraqus 2.0 with much more nuance) and having Terra and Ven at her side might compensate for any shortcomings she might have. The power of friendship would make her the best Master. The Wayfinder trio together would be the best teaching staff, deciding what's best for individual apprentices as a team with different perspectives. (+ they seem to have grown close to Riku in Limitcut, so this is going to be one brilliant academy!)

Foxycian

Awards
The ones I considered picking are Riku Aqua Mickey, But here’s why I’m hesitating

1. Mickey
the most experienced out of the three but his a king and might not have enough time for you when duty calls

2. Aqua
more experienced then Riku but below Mickey, I want to improve my magic but still the thing with Aqua she always give me this vibe that she has high expectations of her students and I don’t think I can do it, don’t know why but I feel like she will be Strict like Eraqus

3. Riku
The least experienced out of the three but also I think his the softest/kind? when it comes to approaching people, altho I might want to pick him cause I want to learn to control both light and darkness equally (his magic is not bad too) but his the least experienced out of the bunch but he still might be my choice while Mickey and aqua tied for “maybe”

Guess I either Go Riku or go for a foreteller (specifically Ava) or just self taught myself.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
1. Riku
2. Aqua
3. Mickey

I wouldn't train under any of the others. I mean, Xehanort, really? Maybe if you want to be evil? Eraqus would barely be better.

Back