• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who could you imagine voicing who among TWEWY's cast?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
It might be a bit early to talk about it, but I'm curious to hear what people think.

For the sake of argument, let's say that we get the full game cast back together for the anime(Neku, his friends, the Game Masters, etc), who could you imagine voicing the folks in the RG, like Makoto, the Tin Pin boys, the CEO, etc?
On the flip side, in the event we can't get everyone from the game cast, or there's days where they can't record for a given reason, who would you consider as a potential understudy?

To get the ball rolling, I could see either Johnny Yong Bosch or Nathan Sharp(aka NateWantsToBattle) as 777, since they both have experience singing(in case we may get to hear that concert in Day 3), Paul St.Peter as the CEO, Scott Frerichs as either Makoto or the Prince.

That's all I can think of for the moment, but I look forward to seeing who else people can think of.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
A bit on the nose, but a pretty solid choice (y) Maybe Tara Sands could be Yammer.
Ash and Mokuba in TWEWY does sound pretty fun😁
If anything it's more because of Dinosaur King I choose VT.

Literally the exact same voice as Ash. That complete lack of even attempted variation in cliched merch-driven anime protagonist vocals is why I picked her.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Okay, here's a take: Cristina Vee as Eri. Why? 2 reasons.

1: it can be a nod to another character she plays who's also a fashion designer(Marinette/Ladybug from Miraculous)

2: Personally, I don't want them pulling a Kairi/Xion where the same VA has to play both. Yes, Shiki is in Eri's body as part of her entry fee, her appearance, but I'd like to think it's her own voice that she speaks with, not Eri's.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’d love to see Christina Vee as Eri. I didn’t even think about it but it fits really well. (Also I’ve been her fan since the mid/late 2000s when she was still trying to get her name out there so I always enjoy hearing her in new projects)

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I guess on the topic of understudies, or the scenario where we don't get the game cast, so far there's only 2 choices in my head from Funimation's talent pool for the leads: Micah Solusod as Neku, and Justin Cook as Beat.

For what roles these actors have played previously, Micah is probably best known for his role as Soul Evans from Soul Eater. Yuri on Ice fans will know him as Yuri "Yurio" Plisetsky. Coincidentally, these are also roles performed by Neku's seiyuu Kōki Uchiyama.

As for Cook, HeroAca fans will recognise him as the dub voice of Eijiro Kirishima. He's also played Hatsuharu Sohma in both Fruits Basket anime and Yusuke Urameshi in Yu Yu Hakusho.

If in the event we don't get the game cast back, I think they'd be some good choices.

EDIT: As to not double post, here's some potential choices I thought of for Ai and Mina: Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Xanthe Huynh and Erica Harlacher.

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I just thought of something. If the anime decides to adapt the Final Remix story content, who could they get for Coco? Or does she have a voice in the game already?:unsure:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I hope Coco or another character would be Erika Harlacher, only because of how much of a Kingdom Hearts fan she is and it was amazing that she was able to do voice work for Kingdom Hearts III. I want her to keep getting roles in franchises she loves because, having worked on a TV show I loved, it's absolutely amazing to have had that opportunity.

As for everyone else, I expect Troy Baker only because he's in everything using the exact same voice 95% of the time. I don't know anime voice actors that well due to not really watching anime, but I imagine that it's not that big a pool to pick from. There was a lady I met at Supernova in Sydney one year who, I think, was a voice in a Dragon Ball Z thing. I recognised her from Shameless (playing the boss or coworker of Fiona at a temp agency) so hire her please bc we have a connection.

I would absolutely go mental if they somehow, for some reason, went full celebrity AAA. TWEWY is far from AAA but throw in like Henry Cavill as Minamimoto and Margo Robbie as Uzuki and I would be convinced I had died.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I hope Coco or another character would be Erika Harlacher, only because of how much of a Kingdom Hearts fan she is and it was amazing that she was able to do voice work for Kingdom Hearts III. I want her to keep getting roles in franchises she loves because, having worked on a TV show I loved, it's absolutely amazing to have had that opportunity.
After hearing her work in stuff like Persona and the Digimon Kizuna movie, among other anime, I’d say that’s a pretty solid choice 😀👍
As for everyone else, I expect Troy Baker only because he's in everything using the exact same voice 95% of the time. I don't know anime voice actors that well due to not really watching anime, but I imagine that it's not that big a pool to pick from. There was a lady I met at Supernova in Sydney one year who, I think, was a voice in a Dragon Ball Z thing. I recognised her from Shameless (playing the boss or coworker of Fiona at a temp agency) so hire her please bc we have a connection.
Not gonna lie, Troy would make a great 777, or Kitaniji if they can’t get his original voice back. I could see him using Van Kleiss(a villain he played in Generator Rex) as a starting point.
After looking up the cast for Shameless, I believe the lady you’re thinking of is Maile Flanagan? She’s the English dub voice of Naruto Uzumaki from.. well, Naruto(believe it!) and its related sequels and movies.
I would absolutely go mental if they somehow, for some reason, went full celebrity AAA. TWEWY is far from AAA but throw in like Henry Cavill as Minamimoto and Margo Robbie as Uzuki and I would be convinced I had died.
I could see Cavill more as Kitaniji than Minamimoto if they went full Hollywood, he has the jawline for it😂

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Does Troy even do anime VO these days? Seems like he moved on after blowing up from all those AAA video game roles.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Does Troy even do anime VO these days? Seems like he moved on after blowing up from all those AAA video game roles.
In terms of anime, if you don’t count the DOTA Netflix series as anime at least, he’s the voice of the titular character Baki in the anime of the same name, and he reprised his role of Schneizel in the Code Geass movie Lelouch of the Re;surrection.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’ve only counted 2 anime projects in the last five years...it’s kind of crazy how he doesn’t do any anymore but still does a lot of children’s cartoons.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
After looking up the cast for Shameless, I believe the lady you’re thinking of is Maile Flanagan? She’s the English dub voice of Naruto Uzumaki from.. well, Naruto(believe it!) and its related sequels and movies.
Ah, Naruto. See, told you I don't watch Anime 😂

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Should be noted that this cast list doesn’t have all the roles listed, notice the lack of Joshua and 777 for example.

Back