• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does this game exist

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
At least it's not Fruitball. :LOL:

I guess I'm good at rhythm games, but like starting at easiest anyway.

Hey, we gotta get that "Kairi's Grandma is..." plot twist!🤪
The only plot twist they could do with Kairi's Grandma that would be 'shocking' is if she was just some random average woman who overheard the Light Fairy Tale from someone who actually was there, and passed it off as her own story as if she was there herself but doesn't no squat about it and only tells the story to put Kairi to bed. Now that would be a twist. And Fruitball sucks!

The Shibuya game is what I'm looking forward to the most, ha.

Still hope she is a part of that somehow and not just for helping Riku get to Tokyo
I almost forgot about this. Yeah this would be a game to look forward to. Hopefully Kairi is part of it too and it can be our Destiny trio game.

the red monster

Awards
I think the shibuya game is pretty much KH4. with riku looking for sora as a prologue

SweetYetSalty

Awards
You know, this would never have happened anyway, but I'd have loved if the rhythm game only inconsequential story was simply Sora saving TRON or whatever. Singin' TRON, dancin' TRON!
They better have Space Paranoids and the Grid in this game. The music in both levels and Tron as a party member is too good to pass up!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't know whether it's just me, but I believe that this would have been better recieved if the gameplay portion didn't reuse the PlayStation 2 models. After playing 0.2 Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts III, this just look horribly dated.

ZeVaine

Awards
Look, if it's Kingdom Hearts... I buy it.

I've never been a huge fan of Rhythm games , but I do love me some nostalgia and kingdom hearts music - and most importantly: some more sweet, sweet story hints.

Katsagu

Awards
I'm pretty sure they are only reusing PS2 assets so that they can get the game out faster. And a bit for that "Nostalgia" factor.

That and also the fact that, if they didn't reuse the old style, they would have to remake a lot...and I mean A LOT of assets from scratch. I mean, just for all the worlds that are going to appear in this game alone, the work needed would be gigantic. And that would lead to more money spent than SE feels confortable on a rhythm game.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
TONS of people have been asking for it, you just haven't seen it. A KH Rhythm game has been one of the most heavily requested (and actually feasible) spinoff titles since SE started making Theatrhythm games.

This. People didn't enjoy Atlantica in KH2 because of how cheesy it was, even though it was optional. But a rhythm game in itself? Oh yeah, this has been requested for YEARS. If people think Kingdom Hearts and rhythm games don't mix, they should look at the Persona franchise. Nothing about those games would make you think a dancing rhythm game would work, and yet... They're massively popular.

Kingdom Hearts is a Disney series, and Disney is known for its musical numbers, so it just made sense. I, personally, was hoping it was going to be like P4D, P3 DiM and P5DiS where you have the cast dancing to remixed versions of the KH songs we all know and love. Missed opportunity, Square, cause Ansem Seeker of Darkness seems like he'd know how to tango, and Xemnas looks like he just KNOWS ballroom dancing like the back of his hand. The meme potential would've been through the charts.

But I think the only real reason why people are disgruntled by this whole thing is because they're thinking that THIS is the big Kairi game we should be expecting, and I honestly doubt that's going to be the case. I hope not, and I think Nomura knows that people don't want this to be a one-and-done. Plus they've already put work into making her a playable character, so it'd be a waste to only use it once.

We don't even know if Melody of Memory is a 2.8 kind of deal where it's all on one Blu-Ray but Kairi's scenario and the rhythm game stuff are separate from each other. And, there's another mode we don't know about. They said "Rhythm-Action", so maybe there'll be traditional combat in it as well. There's so much to this game that we don't know about, so I think people should hold off before writing it off just yet. Plus, just like every KH game, I'm sure there'll be difficulty choices for those who aren't good at rhythm games.

If some of y'all can beat the KH3 Data Battles and Yozora, I'm sure you can handle being on beat lmao.

Katsagu

Awards
Honestly, I think MoM is going to set up Kairi for her own game... Like a prologue if that makes sense?

As long as her part of the search for sora isn't complete in this game, it's always a possibility yes.

A DDD Volume 2 with Kairi and Riku would be a good idea, with this being kind of like a Re:Coded in terms of story scope.

SuperNova

Awards
I am hoping Kairi gets the prolouge and set up she deserves, and I really want DDD v2 to either be a Destiny Trio or Kairi/Riku game. But one of my major fears is that Kairi is just going to be used for Riku to get closer to wherever Sora went and then DDDv2 becomes the boys' game without her.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Honestly, I think MoM is going to set up Kairi for her own game... Like a prologue if that makes sense?

I think that, too. They've already made Kairi playable and while her movements and jumping mechanics aren't perfect, they can absolutely tweak her in time for her own game. I feel like Kairi's play style would be a combination of Aqua mixed with Sora, which gives a lot of possibilities. Seven Wishes is like her own Sonic Blade in a way. Plus she's like Noctis with the warp-striking Strike Raid. They could make Kairi the most dynamic KH character in terms of gameplay to date if they do it right.

In characterization, all Kairi needs is her own scenario. Aqua only had BBS, and she was a fan-favorite even before we got 0.2. If DDD V2 can flesh her out and give her a journey that allows us to see more of her personality AND make her grow stronger, they're good. They're already showing that she feels regret about not being strong enough, they have to follow up on that now.

Michael Mario

If I thought that this game was going to be the Kairi game, I'd be more than a little upset; but considering Riku's presence in the Final World along with Kairi in the reveal trailer, this isn't that. This game is the follow-up of the Limit Cut episode from the Re:Mind DLC which, itself, will setup either a BBS/DDD-type game that ideally has her get her own scenario along with Riku. After they put in the work to make her playable in Re:Mind - and the massive fan backlash that led to her Memetic Loser status being changed to Memetic Badass after the fixes that DLC made, I doubt her personal stake in finding Sora is going to be one-and-done in this game.

In the meantime: fingers crossed for Naminé with sketchbook weapon :p

Awards
I wouldn't have a problem with Melody of Memories if it didn't double as Kairi's game. I tried my best to avoid the hype culture surrounding that fan-speculated game, yet I was still disappointed. Hell, Kairi isn't even in my top 10.

Nomura said remind's title screen art is the foundation for the next release. This led many to fantasize a kairi-focused game. Well, the story parts of Melody of Memories definitely fits those bills...... in one of the least satisfying ways possible.

Kairi's game seems to be cut remind content tacked onto a rhythm game that uses upscaled ps2-era assets for most of its runtime. Roxas, a tertiary character at best, was dealt the worst playing game in the series. However, it still focused on him; the gameplay was all about him. Kairi, a main character (evidently, only by proxy), is given a fun game, However, the gameplay is utterly disconnected from her. This is precisely why hype culture is dangerous.

These can't be Kairi's memories. When did she witness Xion's death or Xemnas' final boss fight? Does she have Sora's KH2 memories and Roxas/Xion's memories? If so, how and WHY?

Back