• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Dives Into Finny Fun and More in New Screenshots

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Shortly after its reveal, Game Watch has showcased some new Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory screenshots. The screenshots showcase Atlantica, Agrabah, and Wonderland as levels where Sora, Donald, Goofy, or a Disney guest can partake in some musical fun.

Thanks to ivaannom for the tip!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eonstar890

Awards
It’s funny seeing KH1 version Sora and Riku fighting unversed in the Keyblade Graveyard. One of those things you absolutely never expect to see and yet KH finds a way.

Mavxo

Awards
I don’t login for anything but the headline of this article made me groan out loud so I felt the need to comment. I actually love the old assets, so memorable. It’d be weird if they made all new world assets for this kind of game.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's going to be interesting to see how these new-ish maps are laid out.

But it looks like Donald is already being stingy with his costume magic in this version of Atlantica. Seriously though, I wonder what the reasons will be for the model/costume restraints this time. Chain of Memories and Dream Drop Distance had theirs. I know we're dealing with on memory again, but it would still be nice to see some variety.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's going to be interesting to see how these new-ish maps are laid out.

But it looks like Donald is already being stingy with his costume magic in this version of Atlantica. Seriously though, I wonder what the reasons will be for the model/costume restraints this time. Chain of Memories and Dream Drop Distance had theirs. I know we're dealing with on memory again, but it would still be nice to see some variety.
My guess is that MoM takes place in Kairi's memory as they intertwine with Sora's and she sees SDG as she remembers them, so she technically hasn't seen their respective world forms (merman, lion, etc).

SuperNova

Awards
Ah, Atlantica, my old nemesis. But seriously I really hope unlockable costumes are a thing, I know unlockable characters will be a part of it, but I really like the different costumes SDG use to disguise themselves in different Disney worlds.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I really hope we get to see all Disney worlds from KH, KHII, BBS and DDD but the screenshots so far have been mostly the worlds of the first game.

Katsagu

Awards
I really hope we get to see all Disney worlds from KH, KHII, BBS and DDD but the screenshots so far have been mostly the worlds of the first game.
The musics shown have also been mostly KH1 songs.

So far we have seen 1 music from BBS in rage awakened, and that uses the keyblade graveyard background. And 2 musics from KH2, and one of them uses the background of the xemnas fight. So at least for now we are seeing a consistency of the backgrounds being from the game were the music originates.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So Ariel is not a party member... Kairi's game has no playable Kairi and no female party members?

Also, they need to include Deep Jungle.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
My guess is that MoM takes place in Kairi's memory as they intertwine with Sora's and she sees SDG as she remembers them, so she technically hasn't seen their respective world forms (merman, lion, etc).
That is a really intriguing theory.

So Ariel is not a party member... Kairi's game has no playable Kairi and no female party members?

Also, they need to include Deep Jungle.
She could be one, We see Aladdin and Hercules as party members so there is a chance for Ariel. It's almost mandatory to have her in this game.

As for Deep Jungle, I have a theory. Tarzan lost his heart after Sora left. No heart, no see friends. No heart, no friends. Deep Jungle has been unseen ever since because he no longer exist in Sora's heart. A tragic tale but one the game itself forshadowed with Tarzan's own words.

Awards
She hasn't seen the Final Xemnas fight either.

The premise that it takes place in her memory only works for everything up till after Hollow Bastion....unless I read your post wrong.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

So far we have seen 1 music from BBS in rage awakened, and that uses the keyblade graveyard background. And 2 musics from KH2, and one of them uses the background of the xemnas fight. So at least for now we are seeing a consistency of the backgrounds being from the game were the music originates.
I really hope they go all out with this one, at the moment it's more like a more refined proof of concept they made for the 15th Anniversary memorial music box stringed together with cutscenes that weren't finished for Re Mind.

GreyouTT

Awards

And if we have the field theme and battle theme for each world in it, that still leaves just over 30 slots for other songs. (if my math is right)

Also would be cool if the levels for the Utada songs had the characters re-enacting the opening movies.

Back