• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Melody of Memory could mean for the future projects

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
I am very interested in this game that seems to reuse the graphic style from pre unreal engine games. I am amazed that there still is a team that is working with these assets and making great games with them. Which made me thinking: what if the team in charge of melody of memory will be charged in the future to remake the non-playable games of the compilation with the old engine? I am talking of a re:358/2 and a re:re:coded (lol) using the ps2 engine with proper battle system and everything. Since melody of memory is on switch, I highly doubt that they would stop there and might want to bring back the compilation on it.

It's just a thought but maybe the compilations might receive a new lifting soon with this new team working with the old engine.
Kingdom Hearts is a serie that needs full commitment of the players. You cannot miss a single game or you are out of the loop. They said that they couldn't give a proper remake to days since they were working on kh3. But now, they have more resources apparently or this rythm game wouldn't exist. Let me know your thoughts.

Henryp

Awards
If they are going to remake anything, it would be UX/DR. While I would love a remake of days because of the multi-player mode, I think they made their mind up about them being film like installment with the remixes. I don't see them coming back soon to any of the games from the Xehanort Saga, as they are available in the current gen and most of their lead ups were resolved in KH3.

AegisXIII

Awards
UX and DR will definitely become hd at some point. They have 3 teams right? One on the main games, and two for spinoffs.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They want to move forward, not back. Let them make new games and tell new stories instead of continuing to linger with the old cast doing the same old, same old.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
They want to move forward, not back. Let them make new games and tell new stories instead of continuing to linger with the old cast doing the same old, same old.
I respecfully disagree. We just got a new game announced that surfs on the old worlds old stories old everything like always. 😆

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If that's the case why not make a game that doesn't reuse KH1 Sora and KH1 worlds for the billionth time?

Because it's efficient? This is a smaller team, working on a game that relies on many different characters and stages from across the entire series. These models are done, ready and available. They don't need to spend time, money and resources making new models just because people suddenly decided they don't want to look at these anymore.

And frankly, the asset recycle shaming that's popped up after this game was announced is ridiculous.

AegisXIII

Awards
Because it's efficient? This is a smaller team, working on a game that relies on many different characters and stages from across the entire series. These models are done, ready and available. They don't need to spend time, money and resources making new models just because people suddenly decided they don't want to look at these anymore.

And frankly, the asset recycle shaming that's popped up after this game was announced is ridiculous.
That's exactly my point. 358/2 days could be made in less than a year and be super fun.

Henryp

Awards
That's exactly my point. 358/2 days could be made in less than a year and be super fun.

If it were only Roxas part, maybe. But even with an old engine, making all the enemies+boss fights, the weapons and the panel system, the org members and the mission mode... that would take a lot of time.

Thats the reason it wasn't playable in the ReMix. Evrything should be done from scratch except most assets.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Problem is they can't write for squat. *looks at UX*

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Problem is they can't write for squat. *looks at UX*

I'll give it to you on the pacing and fillers (which is more due to the nature of the game rather than a measurement of writing quality), but not the rest. There's a reason why the vast majority of people who actually keep up with UX's story claim that its main scenario is one of, if not the best written in the series.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'll give it to you on the pacing and fillers (which is more due to the nature of the game rather than a measurement of writing quality), but not the rest. There's a reason why the vast majority of people who actually keep up with UX's story claim that its main scenario is one of, if not the best written in the series.

I believe the quality of X/Unchained/Union Cross storytelling has to do with the fact that it's not connected to Xehanort whatsoever. When X began, it really felt like its own standalone Kingdom Hearts game but everything changed when Ventus was brought into the mix. Truth be told, the storytelling's remained consistently good despite the integration of pre-existing characters.

PStuder12321

I am very interested in this game that seems to reuse the graphic style from pre unreal engine games. I am amazed that there still is a team that is working with these assets and making great games with them. Which made me thinking: what if the team in charge of melody of memory will be charged in the future to remake the non-playable games of the compilation with the old engine? I am talking of a re:358/2 and a re:re:coded (lol) using the ps2 engine with proper battle system and everything. Since melody of memory is on switch, I highly doubt that they would stop there and might want to bring back the compilation on it.

It's just a thought but maybe the compilations might receive a new lifting soon with this new team working with the old engine.
Kingdom Hearts is a serie that needs full commitment of the players. You cannot miss a single game or you are out of the loop. They said that they couldn't give a proper remake to days since they were working on kh3. But now, they have more resources apparently or this rythm game wouldn't exist. Let me know your thoughts.

WAIT. MOM is going to be on Switch not ps4?!?!?!??!?!??!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If you look at the copyright information of Melody of Memories, you'll see that the game was made in Unity which means that the pre-existing assets of the previous Kingdom Hearts games have been ported to a different engine.

So, expect the traditional Kingdom Hearts graphics to be used in other entries now that the assets have been converted into Unity.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Honestly, I think that MoM is the perfect way to say goodbye to the old school style of KH. Not only does it honour the old assets, but also honours the music that we've enjoyed for over a decade (which is why I'm OK with it not having much KH3 music).

As much as I love Days (story), I think it's time to move forward. The worst thing possible is for Nomura to feel like he can keep going back and adding things in. If there's a wave of modern day "re" games, Nomura can easily throw in hints that Xigbar is Luxu, Luxord has something to do with Yozora, KHUX was somehow known during the events of KH1-2 etc. It's better for Nomura to just go forward and not keep retconning things. He can learn from the mistakes made during the Dark Seeker Saga and improve in future games.

I thought this thread was going to be about future KH titles being different genres instead of action RPG - which I would have hated. Although, a classic turn based RPG with Kairi/Aqua/Xion/Namine would have been cool.

AegisXIII

Awards
As I said in another topic, this kind of picture really interests me because it uses the old assets, while greatly improving the shading. I would love to see past compilations with that kind of polish. Unity is great for cartoonish look and feels.

1602831328346.png

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you look at the copyright information of Melody of Memories, you'll see that the game was made in Unity which means that the pre-existing assets of the previous Kingdom Hearts games have been ported to a different engine.

So, expect the traditional Kingdom Hearts graphics to be used in other entries now that the assets have been converted into Unity.

We've known it was built in Unity for over a month now my dude.

Back