• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Persona Thread (Spin-offs galore!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What was wrong with Fire Emblem Warriors? I SPECIFICALLY hear people talk trash about that warriors game.

Their Berserk game, One Piece games, and even their Gundam games were all fun. Mind you they were all by the books Musou games, but they were good. It's hard for me to imagine how they could mess one up so bad.
Have you played Fire Emblem Fates, err, Fire Emblem Warriors? Besides the over-representation of the Fates games, it's also how boring the game overall is, and the original plot feels uninspired, generic and was made just for the sake of offering a middle point between different FE Lords meeting. I feel like the only thing this game did good were some gameplay elements that, honestly, Hyrule Warriors 2 will deliver.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Have you played Fire Emblem Fates, err, Fire Emblem Warriors? Besides the over-representation of the Fates games, it's also how boring the game overall is, and the original plot feels uninspired, generic and was made just for the sake of offering a middle point between different FE Lords meeting. I feel like the only thing this game did good were some gameplay elements that, honestly, Hyrule Warriors 2 will deliver.
I forgot to mention the story in my post because the story in Hyrule Warriors was also not too great, but here it's pretty much just the plot from the mobile game and HW combined. It could have been better if all the series existed in the same 'universe' for this game. Hell, just use Fate's plot about the two families clashing with a dash of the Awakening's "The future's all hecked up," story. Make it so if one of the families wins, the future gets rekt but if they join forces then the future is fine. There I made a story wheres my money nintendo

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

No, I haven't played Warriors OR Fates haha. That's why I was so curious, I've played my fair share of Musou games, but I've actually only just started playing my first Fire Emblem game. None of the Musou games are anything too special, they can be fun mindless hack and slash games that deliver on some extra fanservice for specific series', but again, never had I seen one ripped apart the way I've seen FE:W.

So I appreciate both of your inputs on it, especially your very lengthy and detailed post, CD.

Also, not to derail this too much further from Persona, but one more note on the topic of FE:W, I'm surprised there's no Ike in it? Again, I'm playing FE for the first time now, but I know Ike is super well-known thanks to Smash and how loved the Radiant games were, that's so weird that his games got zero representation.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Also, not to derail this too much further from Persona, but one more note on the topic of FE:W, I'm surprised there's no Ike in it? Again, I'm playing FE for the first time now, but I know Ike is super well-known thanks to Smash and how loved the Radiant games were, that's so weird that his games got zero representation.
The games Ike is from sold badly despite him being one of the most popular lords in the series, so that might be why. But the weirder part is that the one rep from Roy's game--who is also super popular thanks to Smash--isn't even Roy, it's Lyn, the green haired swordmaster who was added as DLC. She's also super popular, but it's still odd.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I just beat Persona 5. 125 hours. Wow, that was probably the most satisfying ending of the series. I want to resist the temptation to New Game+ knowing the Royal is coming, but I would also like to go mop up trophies and do the handful of things I didn't get to finish. I don't know, I'll probably end up doing it sometime before Royal comes out.

Anyway, one of the best games ever for sure, SO good! Absolutely loved my time with it.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Jeez, I almost forgot about this! And congrats on beating Persona 5; I'm still on AC: Odyssey, Sequence 5. The reason I haven't finished it is because of DLCs. Turns out there is more on the way and well, I like to sweep them up as the last batch is done with until the actual new AC game.

Oh, er.. Are we still doing this?? I'm still in.

Max

Staff member
Awards
So, no KH3 then? I mean, I consider then equal..

😏
Haha no way. I enjoyed KH3, sure, but it was nowhere near the masterpiece that was Persona 5 in my opinion. I don't think KH3 was better than ANY mainline Persona game honestly.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Congrats on beating it!
I'd say it's definitely worth going through again. Carrying over your social stats will make a lot of things more accessible, which I found great.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Haha no way. I enjoyed KH3, sure, but it was nowhere near the masterpiece that was Persona 5 in my opinion. I don't think KH3 was better than ANY mainline Persona game honestly.

Oh, really? 🤣

But really, I should just try to beat P5 after Odyssey. Been holding it off way too long than I anticipated and it wasn't even intended at all.

Triple A games really takes too much of my time and I'm fine with it; just the length totally mind blowing me away every time.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Congrats on beating it!
I'd say it's definitely worth going through again. Carrying over your social stats will make a lot of things more accessible, which I found great.
I was initially planning on holding off, but I miss the game already and really want to go back through and do everything I wasn't able to fit in the first time. I also cranked out Persona 5 Dancing the next couple days after finishing it haha. But yeah, I don't think I'll be waiting until Royal to play it again, I see myself restarting it real soon.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Buying all four Persona 5 Funko Pops has made me wanna replay the entire game. I had stopped playing after the pre to last Palace. It was a steal! I bought them at Hot Topic 3x$25, plus the employee honored me last month's $5 off birthday discount! I am IN LOVE with them! Haha, gonna buy a P5 poster soon on eBay~

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yeah, Scramble actually looks really friggin' good for a Muso game.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

found my main for scramble. she was already one of my fav characters (to the point that i want to cosplay here as Noir) but she looks delightful in this playstyle.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Persona 4 Golden has just shadow dropped on Steam.

Should I go ahead & get this or hold out for Switch/PS4 ports?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
or hold out for Switch/PS4 ports?
I'm on this boat because it isn't compatible with Mac :/ So in my case, I'll wait

In your case, something tells me the Switch version might be $10-20 pricier, so if you have the necessary specs to run the game, Just Do It

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
PERSONA 4 THE GOLDEN ON PC/STEAM HAS SURPASSED FFXV'S ACTIVE USERS!

As pointed out on Resetera, SteamCharts shows it had 29,984 concurrent players at its peak on June 14, 2020. This means it beat out the current JRPG PC record-holder for player counts, Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, which had an all-time high of 29,279 according to SteamCharts.

June 14th was yesterday (Sunday), meaning that the game hit peak a day after its reveal.

s of 8:45am CT on June 15, 2020, there are currently 24,373 people in-game according to the Persona 4 Golden Steam community page.
8:45am CT is 9:45am EST

he game is also at the top of Valve’s charts for both Top Sellers and Global Top Sellers as of today, and have been since its launch on June 13, 2020.
Wow, man. Wow!

I am GLAD P4G is performing good. This could also be the detonating factor Atlus needs to further port more Persona entries.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

As you might expect, this Persona 5 anime Blu-ray release gives people absolutely everything. You get the 26 episodes of the show and its two specials, which will take 880 to watch. In addition to the original Japanese language track, a new English dub is included. There are also 12 art cards of the main characters in the box. All of this will cost $298.98.

lol the box has a glaring spoiler

Back