• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road introduces new characters!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The official Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Twitter have unveiled new artwork and names of new characters joining Xehanort and Eraqus! Meet Urd, Vor, Bragi and Hermod!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Skuld, Urd, so the next one should be Verdande, right?

tumblr_o6lwtqG1H11uzilxlo1_1280.jpg

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
All four of them are characters in Norse mythology
Previously only Skuld had that connection

I wonder how that will play out

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Is Vor going to be another Ephemer/Ephemera Brain/Blaine situation where people call her ver instead?

U.N. Owen

Awards
So I'm just going to pick apart names.

Vor - Obviously, Nomura realized what kind of fandom he has and wanted to make a cruel joke. In seriousness, she's a wisdom goddess. I know Norse mythology is redundant with gods of war and wisdom.

Urd - I know from my knowledge of Marvel that this is the name of a Norn.

Bragi - More norse stuff. Poetry. I know there are more than one Bragi and don't know which Nomura will choose from.

Heremod - Some Danish king I remember from Beowulf. Sorry, my knowledge of Norse myths don't go that far.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Is Vor going to be another Ephemer/Ephemera Brain/Blaine situation where people call her ver instead?

I think this will be alright since

1. They introduced the character simultaneously for all regions
2. Name is derived from Norse mythology, we know how it's supposed to be spelled (unless of course it turns out that her name is supposed to be Ver, short for Verdandi, but what are the chances of that?)

With Ephemer it was like 1.5 years before his name was localized, and Brain it still took 6 months. Different scenarios.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think this will be alright since

1. They introduced the character simultaneously for all regions
2. Name is derived from Norse mythology, we know how it's supposed to be spelled (unless of course it turns out that her name is supposed to be Ver, short for Verdandi, but what are the chances of that?)

With Ephemer it was like 1.5 years before his name was localized, and Brain it still took 6 months. Different scenarios.
Vor's name is spelled Vör in Norse. I would assume ヴェル is a closer transliteration than Vor and more accurately preserves the pronunciation. Anglicization basically just replaced ö with o because they look similar.
Sort of like how Hermod is actually Hermóðr. I don't know much about Scandinavian languages, but I do know ð is a "th"-ish sound which explains why it's ヘルモーズ in Japanese.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Vor's name is spelled Vör in Norse. I would assume ヴェル is a closer transliteration than Vor and more accurately preserves the pronunciation. Anglicization basically just replaced ö with o because they look similar.
Sort of like how Hermod is actually Hermóðr. I don't know much about Scandinavian languages, but I do know ð is a "th"-ish sound which explains why it's ヘルモーズ in Japanese.

Now that you brought that up, I tried to look it up:

https://forvo.com/word/vör/

Does seem to match the pronunciation.

GreyouTT

Awards
Why do they give me Bravely Default vibes?

Also I like the Google translate version of Hermod: "HELLMOOSE"

GreyouTT

Awards
So I'm just going to pick apart names.

Vor - Obviously, Nomura realized what kind of fandom he has and wanted to make a cruel joke. In seriousness, she's a wisdom goddess. I know Norse mythology is redundant with gods of war and wisdom.

Urd - I know from my knowledge of Marvel that this is the name of a Norn.

Bragi - More norse stuff. Poetry. I know there are more than one Bragi and don't know which Nomura will choose from.

Heremod - Some Danish king I remember from Beowulf. Sorry, my knowledge of Norse myths don't go that far.

To add onto this (from wikipedia):

Vor: "In Norse mythology, Vör (Old Norse, possibly "the careful one," or "aware, careful") is a goddess associated with wisdom."

Hermod: Hermóðr (Old Norse "war-spirit"; anglicized as Hermod) is a figure in Norse mythology, a son of the god Odin and brother of Baldr. He is often considered the messenger of the gods.

Urd: Urðr (Old Norse "fate") is one of the Norns in Norse mythology. Along with Verðandi (possibly "happening" or "present") and Skuld (possibly "debt" or "future"), Urðr makes up a trio of Norns that are described as deciding the fates of people.

Bragi: Bragi is the skaldic god of poetry in Norse mythology.

The sepia tone picture, perhaps?

Uhhh, maybe?

Foxycian

Awards
I feel like Vor is suited to have ava’s keyblade and she may have it Since this is after the event of union X

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I wonder if Bragi will be their Genesis before Luxu posses him and he turn in to Braig.
Hermod will probably venture through the RoD to save someone important, or perhaps he journey through memories and dreams.
I'm guessing Vor will be the young one who, much like Kairi before leaving DI, can see the destination of every character but feel powerless to change destinies path.
Urd would be their Aqua and Skuld or better yet, Ava, preserving the fate written down so long ago.
My thoughts after reading the wiki pages of the norse gods.

Back