• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That is if FF characters will even be in it....
I thought about that, but those three have been thrown into CoM and Re:coded so they are a part of Destiny Island’s history, so omitting them from a retelling would be odd (as opposed to not including FF characters in an upcoming story).

Square went to efforts to make worlds in KH3 be populated, so I hope that would be reflected in this show. But yeah, depends if Disney is like “but we don’t want Final Fantasy in our Disney show”

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Why are people opposed to Nomura handling the story exactly? Directing games I understand, but I would take an original story from Nomura over reexperiencing KH1 and the story so far for the 99th time

Because people like jumping to conclusions and it's cool to hate Nomura lately, lol. People are gonna disagree with me about it, but ever since KH3 came out (or even with DDD), they've wanted to send that man to the pastures. 🤷‍♂️ I can understand not being a fan of some of the creative decisions he's made in recent years, but he's still the reason why this series is as great as it is. The way how some word it though, I'm like damn, maybe it's time to move on to a different series or something. Cause some people talk crazy when it comes to that guy.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
I'm intrigued to see if this ends up happening. I know the popular thing would be to focus on one of the main trios, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing UX being made into an animated series. It would be one way of getting around remaking UX into a console game. Also might be a good way to draw in new fans too if they saw it from the technical beginning of the story. I'm not currently subscribed to Disney Plus but I would definitely sign up if this (and that rumored Tron series) ends up happening.

Awards
If I recall the one time Nomura wrote dialogue from the start was 358/2 Days, where he did nothing but write alone for two weeks from start to finish while living off canned food.

And once he was finished he never wanted to do it again.

Edit: Found it.
Dw0gTH_WoAAgkyE.jpeg.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If I recall the one time Nomura wrote dialogue from the start was 358/2 Days, where he did nothing but write alone for two weeks from start to finish while living off canned food.

And once he was finished he never wanted to do it again.

Edit: Found it.
View attachment 12606

Haha, doesn’t seem like that opinion lasted long because he went ahead and did it with the other games and seems rather proud of his work on KH3.

And I mean he should be. I thought his dialogue writing in KH3 is the best in the series so far.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think something good to potentially come of this is that any new assets could be easily carried over to future games if it’s built in UE4. Of course, that won’t really matter if they only do the pilot to show a concept like Chaser suggested. But would the animation look like standard KH cutscenes or like the fancier pre rendered scenes like the Let It Go scene. Not even sure if VisualWorks or whoever does those uses UE4 or not. Feel free to educate me.

Also, I wonder if we’d get a new Dearly Beloved arrangement or a Utada song for the show’s opening credits. Or something else entirely... like Sora singing an original Alan Menken song. 😂

disney233

Awards
I think something good to potentially come of this is that any new assets could be easily carried over to future games if it’s built in UE4. Of course, that won’t really matter if they only do the pilot to show a concept like Chaser suggested. But would the animation look like standard KH cutscenes or like the fancier pre rendered scenes like the Let It Go scene. Not even sure if VisualWorks or whoever does those uses UE4 or not. Feel free to educate me.

Also, I wonder if we’d get a new Dearly Beloved arrangement or a Utada song for the show’s opening credits. Or something else entirely... like Sora singing an original Alan Menken song. 😂
.......y'know, I wouldn't be obliged if the series is like those musical series like uhhh...Phineas & Ferb, for example. Not only Disney songs, but original songs or solos sung by characters like Sora, Riku, Xion, Jesse McCartney, .....I kinda want a villain song sung by Xehanort now.

On one hand, It would be interesting. On the other hand....ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it might not go well.

CDD

Awards
Guys, the CGI in KH3 was done in UE4. Nomura stated this.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Visual Works uses animation industry-standard software like Maya, Autodesk 3DS Max, Houdini, and so forth. They also likely have their own in-house stuff that most larger CG animation houses have.

I imagine they have training in UE4, but it wouldn’t be their go-to engine.

This definitely sounds like development staff and not Visual Works.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If this is an adaptation starting with the first game I wonder if Pete will appear here earlier than his KH2 introduction? Jim Cummings was listed along with Tony and Bill Farmer

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If this is an adaptation starting with the first game I wonder if Pete will appear here earlier than his KH2 introduction? Jim Cummings was listed along with Tony and Bill Farmer
Could be for the Cheshire Cat in Wonderland since that world appeared earlier than 100 Acre Woods.

Edit: I will say that, if this is legit, since Disney would be moving ahead they would be getting people signed on to the series. Cummings would have signed on regardless for KH1 for the characters I mentioned above. It’s not a sign of “maybe this character would be in it” or “they’ve signed on early so maybe this will happen earlier.” They’d be getting those contracts done now, which would be why Cummings would be signed on already.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Grace Randolph also talked about the rumoured KH Disney+ series on Twitter:
You could include her as another source in the article.

No. She might be reputable but I do not condone her thinly-veiled rhetoric.

Edit: She is also contributing nothing to the discussion. Other sources provided more detailed information on the project. She's just going 'tee-her look at that I KNEW FIRST" like okay.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So Jim Cummings voices the most Disney characters in the entire series? Good for him
No. She might be reputable but I do not condone her thinly-veiled rhetoric.

Edit: She is also contributing nothing to the discussion. Other sources provided more detailed information on the project. She's just going 'tee-her look at that I KNEW FIRST" like okay.
Oh Grace Randolph has terrible beliefs? That's a shame, she seemed like a nice lady whenever I watched her on Youtube

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If this is true I wonder if they'll skip Deep Jungle or replace it with something. Though I'd hate for this to be another canon thing to the series for us to follow to get into KH4 and the next saga, lol.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I’ll never forget her Jurassic World review. She criticized BD Wong for making Dr Wu sound effeminate or gay because he is in real life. After that I made it my mission not have her in my feed, so yeah Grace is not that sound of mind.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh Grace Randolph has terrible beliefs? That's a shame, she seemed like a nice lady whenever I watched her on Youtube

I used to think so too. I liked watching her analysis of films. Then I started noticing she has some pretty borderline coded language about "racebending" and she went on a full-on racist rant about Lady being played by Tessa Thompson was SJW "racebending" diversity that went to far. She deleted the tweets and tried to make a positive video about Bird of Prey and The Little Mermaid about how "racebending" there is good and necessary, but it is 100% bs because she uses a lot of coded language in the video. She tries to appeal to the anti-SJW crowd and also says a lot of misogynistic stuff about women.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So like who is Grace? Is she a credible source? Doesn't sound like it from what I'm hearing here lol.

Back