• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The ratio of returning/new worlds for KHIV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ratio of old/new Disney worlds for KHIV

• few new worlds, I prefer more of my old favorites to return. 4 new 6 old

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • more new worlds! less of the old. 7 new 3 old

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I think an equal amount would strike a good balance. 5 new 5 old

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don't really care much about the old worlds, want mostly new. 8 new 2 old

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • most of the new disney movie don't have much to offer. stick with old school. 8 old 2 new

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • give me a good handful of the classic kh disney worlds and fill out the rest with new. 4 old 6 new

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2 quid is good

Awards
The Vanishing Isle as a boss fight I have dreamed about since KH2.

View attachment 12590

This would look magnificent in fully rendered unreal engine. The boss fight would make the Titans boss battles in KH3 look like a joke by comparison. A battle with this and then a boss battle having us fight both Sa'luk & Cobra Jafar at the same time

View attachment 12593

View attachment 12591

in KH4 would make for a spectacular, epic finish to the Agrabah saga in the series.

That cinemagic logo is so nostalgic

the red monster

Awards
I want mostly new worlds, but for sure some of them will return (frozen)
i would be up for pride lands to return using lion king 2 story. it has so much potential on UE4/5.

horto12485

Awards
I want mostly new worlds, but for sure some of them will return (frozen)
i would be up for pride lands to return using lion king 2 story. it has so much potential on UE4/5.

Same I want to see How the Pride Lands looks in Unreal Engine 4 maybe with the Animals and the Green Grass and Simba's Family and Friends and Kovu and Zira and the Outlanders

horto12485

Awards
Hmm let's see hmm...

A Game set between Kingdom Hearts IV...

Legacy to Galaxy (Treasure Planet)
Game Central Station/Niceland/Cybug Sector/Candy Kingdom (Wreck It Ralph)
Coco (Land of the Dead)
Either Alice in Wonderland (2010) (Underland) or The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (Four Realms)
The Lost Capital (Atlantis the Lost Empire)
Wild Jungle (The Jungle Book)
The Mythology World (Onward)
Pride Lands (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride) (Just a Second Option if either one Jungle World makes it in or not)
Motunui (Moana) (If it doesn't make it to Kingdom Hearts IV or does)
Todayland (Meet the Robinsons)

Kingdom Hearts IV Worlds

Kumandra (Raya and the Last Dragon
Soul
Town of Wishes (Princess and the Frog)
Scottish Kingdom (Brave)
Islands of Hawaii (Lilo and Stitch)
Zootopia (Zootopia)
Jungle Cruise (Jungle Cruise)
City of Supers (The Incredibles)
Agrabah (Aladdin and the King of Thieves) (Returning World)
Arendelle (Frozen II) (Returning World)
Toy Box (Toy Story) (Returning World)
100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh) (Returning World)

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Now that I think about it, repeat Disney Worlds are almost sure to happen for the sheer fact so they don't run out of high blockbuster new Disney properties. Don't want to spend all your munny in one batch, right? They might want to stretch big releases like Moana, Zootopia etc and have repeat worlds just to make sure they'll have other new big worlds for KH5.

sephydark

Awards
Yeah, if every game was 100% new worlds they'd run out of movies pretty quick, especially the big movies that would get people excited. Not to mention that the most fitting movies from a thematic standpoint could be ones that were already used.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
From what I gather it seems Aladdin, Frozen, and Toy Story are among the favorites to return for the next big numbered title. It makes sense from a marketable standpoint. As much as we love our side games at the end of the day it's honestly mainly about the main numbered titles. Out of those three I am personally most looking forward to visiting Agrabah again (along with the Vanishing Isle). Toy Story and Frozen are among the most popular franchises currently in the business so naturally we have to have those two again as well. I am still wishing that Kingdom of Corona (my second favorite world in the series after the Caribbean) would come back as well and join those three, but unfortunately for some reason Tangled is not as popular as the "great" Frozen. So I am going to try to keep my expectations of it's return to a minimum.

I do wonder however if the Caribbean will return along with those three as well? POTC is still quite popular these days, having two other sequels to work off of to boot. It even has favoritism from the main character Sora. "You always did like this world". It may have a chance to join Agrabah, Arendelle, and Toy Box in the return section for KH4. Only possible issue I see with that maybe is having both POTC and Jungle Cruise in KH4, both being live action films that take place in similar settings. Or do you all think they are different and unique enough to coexist in the same game. Honestly I wouldn't mind if both were in KHIV, not every day you can say you played a video game teaming with both Johnny Depp and the Rock in the same game. Could be fun really.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
From what I gather it seems Aladdin, Frozen, and Toy Story are among the favorites to return for the next big numbered title. It makes sense from a marketable standpoint. As much as we love our side games at the end of the day it's honestly mainly about the main numbered titles. Out of those three I am personally most looking forward to visiting Agrabah again (along with the Vanishing Isle). Toy Story and Frozen are among the most popular franchises currently in the business so naturally we have to have those two again as well. I am still wishing that Kingdom of Corona (my second favorite world in the series after the Caribbean) would come back as well and join those three, but unfortunately for some reason Tangled is not as popular as the "great" Frozen. So I am going to try to keep my expectations of it's return to a minimum.

I do wonder however if the Caribbean will return along with those three as well? POTC is still quite popular these days, having two other sequels to work off of to boot. It even has favoritism from the main character Sora. "You always did like this world". It may have a chance to join Agrabah, Arendelle, and Toy Box in the return section for KH4. Only possible issue I see with that maybe is having both POTC and Jungle Cruise in KH4, both being live action films that take place in similar settings. Or do you all think they are different and unique enough to coexist in the same game. Honestly I wouldn't mind if both were in KHIV, not every day you can say you played a video game teaming with both Johnny Depp and the Rock in the same game. Could be fun really.
Mmmm, I wouldn't put Agrabah in the same category as Frozen and Toy Story as a world to likely return, just yet. Nothing really suggest that will happen. It might return seeing how they dusted off Fairy Godmother and gave her a role again, so anything is possible. But Toy Story and Frozen are like almost a given...even though Arendelle sucked in KH3.

As for the POTC it's funny you mentioned that "You always did like this world" line. When I first heard that, and Sora's followup "Yeah, how could you not?" That felt almost tongue and cheek about the fact that nearly everyone disliked Port Royal in KH2. I'm sure that's not the case but I got vibes of that. That being said is POTC still popular? Whether it is or not won't matter if they want to put it in the game or not, I was just under the assumption POTC was played out now. Honestly I was stunned they selected it for KH3 during the 2018 trailers lol. Too bad KH already used POTC best two villains in Barbosa and Davy Jones already.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That being said is POTC still popular? Whether it is or not won't matter if they want to put it in the game or not, I was just under the assumption POTC was played out now.
Depends on what your definition of played out would be. Getting a 4th and 5th movie is impressive when online opinion for them wasn’t that warm (On Stranger Tides is the second highest grossing film in the series, making over $1B). There’s also a 6th film coming (the first draft of the screenplay is almost done) with Kaya Scodelario reprising her role, unless they move in a different direction.

You’re absolutely right, the series being popular or not doesn’t really have a bearing on whether or not it will be a world in future games. Nomura could decide, with Disney’s permission, to do an original story but there’s still plenty from the series to mine for content.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Mmmm, I wouldn't put Agrabah in the same category as Frozen and Toy Story as a world to likely return, just yet. Nothing really suggest that will happen. It might return seeing how they dusted off Fairy Godmother and gave her a role again, so anything is possible. But Toy Story and Frozen are like almost a given...even though Arendelle sucked in KH3.

As for the POTC it's funny you mentioned that "You always did like this world" line. When I first heard that, and Sora's followup "Yeah, how could you not?" That felt almost tongue and cheek about the fact that nearly everyone disliked Port Royal in KH2. I'm sure that's not the case but I got vibes of that. That being said is POTC still popular? Whether it is or not won't matter if they want to put it in the game or not, I was just under the assumption POTC was played out now. Honestly I was stunned they selected it for KH3 during the 2018 trailers lol. Too bad KH already used POTC best two villains in Barbosa and Davy Jones already.

Sure nothing suggests at the moment that Agrabah will return, but nothing about the way Arendelle ended indicated to me it would (nor should) come back either. Agrabah would certainly be one those feel good moments of SDG meeting another pre-KH3 Disney character like they did with Herc and Jack. Like Hercules, Aladdin sure has the "bro" friendship with Sora. Jasmine maybe could also provide usual information regarding the new POH too.

Toy Story will always be my favorite of the Pixar films, the Incredibles right behind it. However with that being said, playing through the world itself was alright at best. As far as the KH3 worlds go for me it's somewhere in the middle. Not bad or one of the worst by any stretch of the imagination, but could have been better in some areas too. If it come back I wouldn't mind it, hopefully they will find more innovative ways to keep the world fresh instead of journeying through yet another toy store. Oh and about the mechas thing. Please no more of that. I want to feel like I am apart of the Toy Story world, not a strange hybrid of Mobile Suit Gundam and Wreck-it Ralph.

As for Frozen. If I had it my way I wouldn't bring back Arendelle at all period, and rather have just Corona be the only returning princesses world from KH3. The only sole reason why I keep adding Frozen to my KHIV lists is because is something that feels inevitable. I may not particularly care for it, but I wouldn't allow that to blind me from the fact that one way or another that damn cold hell hole of a world will return because so many people out there apparently can't get enough of the overrated Elsa.

If it doesn't matter if a world is based off of a popular movie or not, we probably wouldn't have gotten Frozen as a world in KH3 in the first place. I am almost a 100% positive they bring back Frozen again purely because of how popular it is, not how it can contribute to the story. We all saw how much it "contributed" to the plot. Shoots, maybe even Hundred Acre Wood had more to do with the plot than Arendelle did. POTC could come back for that very same reason. I do agree with you that they already used there best villains in both Barbosa and Davey Jones. That is one department both part 4 and 5 lacked in. I don't think a minor thing like that would stop them from including it. If they don't use Blackbeard or Salazar, they might just shoehorn in one of the Foretellers to be the main villain in the world or have the usual heartless boss fight. Did Frozen 2 even have a villain?

sephydark

Awards
I don't think that Arendelle is guaranteed to return just because Frozen is popular. It's true that's a point in its favor, but it also seems like there were a lot of restrictions on how they could use it. Unless someone really pressures them to include it, I could see them ditching Arendelle for something that's more fun to write for. After all, the most used world is based on Hercules, a movie that had pretty middling reception compared to other Disney Renaissance movies but is apparently fun to write new stuff for.

I do think PotC is pretty likely to show up again at some point in the series, though I'm not sure if it'll be KH4 or one of the in between games. I think there's a lot of opportunities for unique gameplay gimmicks in addition to all the other movies they haven't touched yet, and the world being well-received in KH3 means they're probably going to be less wary of going back to it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Toy Story will always be my favorite of the Pixar films, the Incredibles right behind it. However with that being said, playing through the world itself was alright at best. As far as the KH3 worlds go for me it's somewhere in the middle. Not bad or one of the worst by any stretch of the imagination, but could have been better in some areas too. If it come back I wouldn't mind it, hopefully they will find more innovative ways to keep the world fresh instead of journeying through yet another toy store. Oh and about the mechas thing. Please no more of that. I want to feel like I am apart of the Toy Story world, not a strange hybrid of Mobile Suit Gundam and Wreck-it Ralph.

As for Frozen. If I had it my way I wouldn't bring back Arendelle at all period, and rather have just Corona be the only returning princesses world from KH3. The only sole reason why I keep adding Frozen to my KHIV lists is because is something that feels inevitable. I may not particularly care for it, but I wouldn't allow that to blind me from the fact that one way or another that damn cold hell hole of a world will return because so many people out there apparently can't get enough of the overrated Elsa.

If it doesn't matter if a world is based off of a popular movie or not, we probably wouldn't have gotten Frozen as a world in KH3 in the first place. I am almost a 100% positive they bring back Frozen again purely because of how popular it is, not how it can contribute to the story. We all saw how much it "contributed" to the plot. Shoots, maybe even Hundred Acre Wood had more to do with the plot than Arendelle did. POTC could come back for that very same reason. I do agree with you that they already used there best villains in both Barbosa and Davey Jones. That is one department both part 4 and 5 lacked in. I don't think a minor thing like that would stop them from including it. If they don't use Blackbeard or Salazar, they might just shoehorn in one of the Foretellers to be the main villain in the world or have the usual heartless boss fight. Did Frozen 2 even have a villain?
I thought Galaxy Toys was one of the better KH3 ideas as it was original but still had Disney elements. It's my favorite world in KH3. But I can understand people wanting more iconic locations. Galaxy Toys could have been made Al's Toy Barn just upscaled in model. The problem is they run the risk of repeating a movie plot which is something Toybox completely avoided. KH is restricted with what they can do with Disney stuff now, so it's almost pick your poison in this case. Do you want a retread of the movie plot beat for beat in a iconic location? Or a new original plot but not in a setting from the movie therefore not iconic of the movies setting? As for the Gigas, I was fine with them until they forced me to play that Verum Rex minigame with them. But overall they provide a game gimmick similar to the pirate ships.

As for Frozen 2, they had their villain announced long before the movie came out. It was called 'high expectations'

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I want more old worlds returning just for the sake of me missing classic Disney and that being where a good amount of the magic and charm of this series came from. If it was up to me, I would fill the next game with majority classic Disney like 6 old classic 4 new. Seeing Atlantica, wonderland etc return (Especially on unreal 5) is just far more interesting than seeing a lot of these newer cg properties.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
When it comes to returning Disney worlds it comes down to the following factors and it's very subjective:
  • Which Disney worlds Nomura and the team want to reuse again for the specific KH game
  • The themes that the specific returning Disney worlds based on that Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
  • The Story the world can offer
  • The gameplay value and environment that the world can offer.
  • Variety
  • Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)
Tbh prior to it's KH3 reveal, I Initially didn't think we were coming back to Olympus/Olympus Coliseum for Kingdom Hearts III cause I thought KH2's story of the world got a great sendoff for the world as Sora, Donald and Goofy have now become "Real Heroes" from the constellations, but the reason that Olympus returned to KH3 was that it tied to what happened to Sora back in Dream Drop Distance when he lost most of his powers from Xehanort during his Mark of Mastery Exam so Sora, Donald and Goofy visit Olympus to get advice from Hercules on how to regain his lost powers, even Nomura revealed in the Ultimania said he felt that Olympus was the perfect world for the "hero's journey" to regain his lost strength, so it made sense as to why it's in KH3. Of course, I wouldn't be too sure if it's going to appear in the later KH games as Hades coming up with a plan to take over Olympus or destroy Hercules is becoming tedious already, besides there is also the issue of Phil not talking due to his Japanese voice actors death.

100 Acre Wood's return to KH3 probably has to do with besides the fact being a relaxing world from the Heartless fighting, it also was tied into what happened to Sora in DDD similar to Olympus, cause Xehanort interfering with Sora's Mark of Mastery caused him to not lose only his powers but also the connections he has with others including Winnie the Pooh. And while to some may not like 100 Acre Wood's story in KH3 it does provide some hints for Sora's Power of Waking especially when Merlin said "Whatever's Lost can be found again", also Sora not on the cover of the book foreshadows his fate at the end of the game when he abused the power of waking to revive Kairi. I think this world could return.

Agrabah could be another Disney world to return to and adapt the events of the third Aladdin film, given that it didn't return to KH3.

I don't think Halloween Town is going to return for the next games as that world hasn't been used in any other KH games since KH2 and 358/2 Days respectively. I also don't think that worlds that have made their KH debut but haven't been making many appearances since then such as The Land of Dragons, Pride Lands and Space Paranoids from KH2, and the Disney Worlds from Dream Drop Distance will be used again for future games. Even Atlantica hasn't been in any game after KH2.

I'm expecting around 3-4 Disney worlds for the next titles, mainly KH4. Regarding the KH3 worlds, I think from the 5 Disney worlds the ones I see the most likely chance of returning are Toy Box and Arendelle as they can have another new adventure with Woody and the Gang with the debuts of Slinky, Bo Peep, Jessie, Bullseye, etc. and Arendelle adapting the events of the 2nd film.

I'm not sure about Monstropolis, Kingdom of Corona and San Fransokyo returning for KH4 or other KH games cause that just comes down to whether Nomura and his team want to continue reusing the world and what story they could tell or just use a new Disney world altogether. I do expect San Fransokyo to be replaced with an Incredibles world.

The Caribbean will all come down to whether they want to reuse it again in KHIV or replace it with another live-action Disney film such as Jungle Cruise, but I wouldn't be surprised nor opposed of its return to KHIV reenacting the events of the 5th film (Dead Man Tell No Tales) since I did enjoy the visuals and the world setting in KH3 and the 5th film could be an important plot device to mirror Sora's return.

I'd say from the worlds that are likely to return to KHIV they are:
  • Agrabah
  • 100 Acre Wood
  • Toy Box (From Kingdom Hearts III)
  • Arendelle (From Kingdom Hearts III)

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Yeah, four returning worlds is reasonable enough I think.

I personally feel Olympus has ran it's course as a returning world at this point. Unless they do another original storyline for it such as maybe have it be one of the worlds Riku travels to, thinking maybe Sora is in the Underworld with Hades. For boss battles we already had Cerberus, the Hydra, Hades, and then finally the Titans. I know we haven't fought that Centaur guy and the Cyclops either, but both of these should have been done already. Compared to everything we already battled including the four titans, that feels like a major anti-climax. Time to leave room for other Disney worlds from KH1 and KH2 to make a comeback.

Agrabah the number one requested return world for me. Adapt some parts of King of Thieves and blend it with an original KH4 storyline. Kingdom of Corona my second most requested return world could adapt maybe an episode or two of the series and cross with the animation from the original Tangled movie which would make it a bit more unique in itself. Both Agrabah and Corona can serve their purposes with POH storyline and perhaps something else pertaining to the Foretellers and the MoM. In addition we have Sora meeting with some old friends he really connected with outside of Riku, Kairi, Donald, & Goofy which is something he might need after returning from the dead. Meet the characters he did have some connection with beyond the "let's save the world together" shtick. It could give all the Disney worlds more importance in the story again too.

The Caribbean will all come down to whether they want to reuse it again in KHIV or replace it with another live-action Disney film such as Jungle Cruise, but I wouldn't be surprised nor opposed of its return to KHIV reenacting the events of the 5th film (Dead Man Tell No Tales) since I did enjoy the visuals and the world setting in KH3 and the 5th film could be an important plot device to mirror Sora's return.

@DizneyXBirds95 Something tells me those two would be a bit too similar design wise to be in the same game together. Not because of the live action part because POTC and Tron were in KH2 together, but Tron at least has a vastly different setting compared to Pirates so it worked. Jungle Cruise and POTC both have a main character that is attached to a vessel of some sort (pirate ship, boat) and adventures through island/jungle/watery-type settings. Having either one of them in KH4 would be nice. If Jungle Cruise comes then cool, we get a brand new live action world. If we get POTC returning in KH4, that's still fine by me. That's my favorite world of KH3 and I wouldn't mind playing through the Dead Man Tell No Tales storyline only this time have the KH characters play a more integral role in the plot. POTC just like Frozen has the one major advantage over so many other properties, and that's it's on going popularity. Though you never see it advertised in stores as much as Frozen constantly is, however Jack Sparrow does still get name dropped a lot. Even on the news the other day some reporter mentioned Jack Sparrow. There is also the sixth movie to be

As for Atlantica possibily returning in the future. First of all I wouldn't mind it. Secondly, I believe that it does hold a higher chance of coming back compared to others like Wonderland, Halloween Town, Land of the Dragons, and Beast's Castle. I have a small theory. I noticed all three of the main numbered games has Ariel incorporated in it somehow. Maybe Ariel will return again KH4? Maybe as just a summon again or perhaps she along with her world will come back. I would prefer the later because seeing an improved version of Atlantica would be nice along with having Ariel finally returning as a part member again. Also after how they fixed the underwater fighting mechanics in KH3, that's an added bonus to Atlantica. As for story, it would be a great surprise if Ariel somehow became one of the new POH since she oddly enough wasn't one of the originals. Though they most likely will be saving the new POH spots for the newer, current Disney princesses to advertise unless Nomura does a twist to have Ariel somehow become more important in the grand scheme of things. It would be an unexpected twist to have one of the new POH be a Disney Princess that is NOT apart of the current generation Disney group. Or we could get some insight on the Foretellers through either Ariel or her father, King Triton to finally uncover the mystery of how he knew about Keyblades and Keyholes.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
^ The truth is Disney will always want popular properties to be advertised in KH. That's why Simba and Ariel always appear. And Ariel is probably the most popular / profitable princess alongside Cinderella and Elsa/Anna. It's the same reason Frozen 2 will be in the next mainline game, too. I never underestimate the possibility for a popular property to return. They'll figure out a way.

And I would love for Ariel to be a PoH. If only Disney would allow the princesses to leave their worlds like in KH1--Tiana, Rapunzel, Ariel, Anna, and Elsa all in the same room together like the first PoHs were in the Castle Chapel in the first game would be fun. If Nomura wanted to echo the first part of the Seeker of Darkness Saga with the first part in the next saga, he could get off his behind and finally make new stained glass images for an opening tutorial again already. :p

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Agrabah the number one requested return world for me. Adapt some parts of King of Thieves and blend it with an original KH4 storyline. Kingdom of Corona my second most requested return world could adapt maybe an episode or two of the series and cross with the animation from the original Tangled movie which would make it a bit more unique in itself. Both Agrabah and Corona can serve their purposes with POH storyline and perhaps something else pertaining to the Foretellers and the MoM. In addition we have Sora meeting with some old friends he really connected with outside of Riku, Kairi, Donald, & Goofy which is something he might need after returning from the dead. Meet the characters he did have some connection with beyond the "let's save the world together" shtick. It could give all the Disney worlds more importance in the story again too.
Like I said, Kingdom of Corona's return is all up to Nomura and his team if they want to continue reusing the world again for the next KH game, regardless for themes or the POH storyline, for all I know they could just do an original storyline unrelated to the show similar to the story for the Big Hero 6 world where it also had no relation to the television series

That's why I think Toy Box and Arendelle have the likely chance of returning to KHIV compared to the other KH3 Disney worlds.

@DizneyXBirds95 Something tells me those two would be a bit too similar design wise to be in the same game together. Not because of the live action part because POTC and Tron were in KH2 together, but Tron at least has a vastly different setting compared to Pirates so it worked. Jungle Cruise and POTC both have a main character that is attached to a vessel of some sort (pirate ship, boat) and adventures through island/jungle/watery-type settings. Having either one of them in KH4 would be nice. If Jungle Cruise comes then cool, we get a brand new live action world. If we get POTC returning in KH4, that's still fine by me. That's my favorite world of KH3 and I wouldn't mind playing through the Dead Man Tell No Tales storyline only this time have the KH characters play a more integral role in the plot. POTC just like Frozen has the one major advantage over so many other properties, and that's it's on going popularity. Though you never see it advertised in stores as much as Frozen constantly is, however Jack Sparrow does still get name dropped a lot. Even on the news the other day some reporter mentioned Jack Sparrow. There is also the sixth movie to be

@Gandalf-the-Wise , As I said, It wouldn't surprise me if PoTC will be chosen over Jungle Cruise to adapt the 5th film, that's not to say I don't Jungle Cruise cause as it turns out I want Jungle Cruise to be the next Live-action Disney film to become a world incorporated into the Kingdom Hearts sereis, but honestly, the way Nomura chooses Disney worlds is debatable because sometimes they added them because of environment/gameplay value, it's Nomura's or the developer's favorite film, which contradicts how the Disney worlds are added into the game and whether they fit the theme to that specific KH game. I mean even looking at Pride Lands and The Land of Dragons from KH2, they were just added because their worlds were destroyed by the Heartless in the first game along with Mushu and Simba's connection to Sora as they were summons, not because the themes to those films match KH2's themes. Even Monstopolis should've been a world for BBS or Dream Drop Distance instead KH3, cause I actually wanted this to appear in the series and the first Pixar world to appear, along with the use of flow motion in Monstropolis would've worked much better in DDD than KH3.

But if Jungle Cruise does come to KHIV, it will depend on how far in development Nomura and his team are on the Disney worlds that they want to use for KHIV and whether or not they are interested in putting that film in, because I've seen several recent Disney films (mainly the animated films) that came out during the development of the specific KH games, but none of them appear in that KH game until 5-8 or 10-15 years after they were released in theaters till they make their debut, either because Nomura and his team decided on the worlds they chosen or they didn't bother watching the movies and choose to ignore them and wait There were some exceptions like Tron: Legacy (2010) in Dream Drop Distance (2 years later) and Big Hero 6 (2014) in Kingdom Hearts III (4-5 years later).

As for Atlantica possibily returning in the future. First of all I wouldn't mind it. Secondly, I believe that it does hold a higher chance of coming back compared to others like Wonderland, Halloween Town, Land of the Dragons, and Beast's Castle. I have a small theory. I noticed all three of the main numbered games has Ariel incorporated in it somehow. Maybe Ariel will return again KH4? Maybe as just a summon again or perhaps she along with her world will come back. I would prefer the later because seeing an improved version of Atlantica would be nice along with having Ariel finally returning as a part member again. Also after how they fixed the underwater fighting mechanics in KH3, that's an added bonus to Atlantica. As for story, it would be a great surprise if Ariel somehow became one of the new POH since she oddly enough wasn't one of the originals. Though they most likely will be saving the new POH spots for the newer, current Disney princesses to advertise unless Nomura does a twist to have Ariel somehow become more important in the grand scheme of things. It would be an unexpected twist to have one of the new POH be a Disney Princess that is NOT apart of the current generation Disney group. Or we could get some insight on the Foretellers through either Ariel or her father, King Triton to finally uncover the mystery of how he knew about Keyblades and Keyholes.
I find it extremely unlikely for Ariel to become one of the new Seven Hearts because in the first KH game she was tricked by Ursula to steal Triton's Trident to open the Keyhole to Atlantica and disobeys her father King Triton (which also happened in the original movie) which isn't someone that fits the POH. On top of that, as I said before, the world hasn't been utilized again in ANY game in the KH series since KH2 16 years ago, so like I said that is up to Nomura and his team if they want to continue reusing Atlantica or just use another Disney world that hasn't appeared in the KH series.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't get why people are so against worlds like Agrabah and Halloween Town returning. After seeing Olympus in KH3, I think it's safe to say that ANY world that returns will feel like a brand new world to explore anyway.

The main reason I want the classic worlds to come back (Agrabah/Halloween Town/NeverLand/Atlantica) is simply because I feel like Sora had the best interactions with those Disney characters compared to his interactions in KH3 (besides Rapunzel/Flynn). Also, all of those worlds HAVE a Disney boss fight guaranteed, as we were allowed to fight all of those villains beforehand. They also have the advantage of having their film stories being over with, so you can easily have original plots take place and not feel weird.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I don't get why people are so against worlds like Agrabah and Halloween Town returning. After seeing Olympus in KH3, I think it's safe to say that ANY world that returns will feel like a brand new world to explore anyway.

The main reason I want the classic worlds to come back (Agrabah/Halloween Town/NeverLand/Atlantica) is simply because I feel like Sora had the best interactions with those Disney characters compared to his interactions in KH3 (besides Rapunzel/Flynn). Also, all of those worlds HAVE a Disney boss fight guaranteed, as we were allowed to fight all of those villains beforehand. They also have the advantage of having their film stories being over with, so you can easily have original plots take place and not feel weird.
I personally want Agrabah to return if you ask me.

On Halloween Town, although I'm not opposed for an original story and experienced an accurate representation of Halloween Town much like they did it with the returning worlds of Olympus and The Caribbean for KH3, what else can we do here in Halloween Town?

I'm pretty satisfied with the way they ended the world off in Kingdom Hearts II, not to mention that other than Christmas Town we don't know what the Holiday doors look like cause we NEVER had visited them nor were they shown in Oogie's Revenge.

Besides, having Oogie Boogie being brought back to life again would feel pretty repetitive and linear at this point. Even the same can be said for Olympus (Hercules') cause after the destruction of the Titans in KH3 I just feel it would be redundant having Hades coming up with a new plan to destroy Hercules or takeover Olympus after he keeps foiled, again and again, so I doubt Halloween Town is coming back for the next KH games as is Olympus, and Atlantica.

It just comes down to whether or not Nomura and his team want to continue reusing them again for story or variety which judging by the fact that Halloween Town, Atlantica, Pride Lands, The Land of Dragons, haven't been utilized in ANY KH games lately, particularly the latter three worlds they seem to want to move on from them.

Also, I really have to disagree with Sora, Donald, and Goofy's relationship with Flynn Rider/Eugene cause the way they handle him in KH3 made him a much different character than how he was in the film. Personally they had a better relationship with Rapunzel if you ask me.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I personally want Agrabah to return if you ask me.

On Halloween Town, although I'm not opposed for an original story and experienced an accurate representation of Halloween Town much like they did it with the returning worlds of Olympus and The Caribbean for KH3, what else can we do here in Halloween Town?

I'm pretty satisfied with the way they ended the world off in Kingdom Hearts II, not to mention that other than Christmas Town we don't know what the Holiday doors look like cause we NEVER had visited them nor were they shown in Oogie's Revenge.

Besides, having Oogie Boogie being brought back to life again would feel pretty repetitive and linear at this point. Even the same can be said for Olympus (Hercules') cause after the destruction of the Titans in KH3 I just feel it would be redundant having Hades coming up with a new plan to destroy Hercules or takeover Olympus after he keeps foiled, again and again, so I doubt Halloween Town is coming back for the next KH games as is Olympus, and Atlantica.

It just comes down to whether or not Nomura and his team want to continue reusing them again for story or variety which judging by the fact that Halloween Town, Atlantica, Pride Lands, The Land of Dragons, haven't been utilized in ANY KH games lately, particularly the latter three worlds they seem to want to move on from them.

Also, I really have to disagree with Sora, Donald, and Goofy's relationship with Flynn Rider/Eugene cause the way they handle him in KH3 made him a much different character than how he was in the film. Personally they had a better relationship with Rapunzel if you ask me.
I always had a belief that certain worlds were "main game" tiered, as in they would only be used in main games, while other worlds were relegated to being used whenever. Worlds like Pride Lands, Atlantica, Land of Dragons, and The Caribbean/Port Royale would be for consoles/main games because of the sheer size of the worlds and possible transformations. Worlds like Wonderland, Agrabah, Halloween Town, NeverLand are easy to be on consoles and the side games.

I wouldn't have a problem with Oogie coming back because that'd mean a boss fight with him. The last time that Oogie was featured as a boss fight was like 4 games and over a decade ago. Would it really feel "repetitive" to fight Oogie or any of the past villains again in a modern setting?

And if Nomura was able to stretch Monstropolis' office building and Arendelle's mountain into a full world - I'm sure he can do a lot with Halloween Town/Christmas Town. I mean Arendelle you can visit only TWO memorable locations from Frozen (and see another from a distance). If that's all he needs to make a world, then Halloween Town is easily doable.

Back