• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road delayed, more info in early June

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts Dark Road has been delayed from its original Spring 2020 launch. The team shared a brief update on the game's official Twitter account, explaining the shift in work conditions as a result of recent events was the cause.

More information will be shared in early June.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This is disappointing but not surprising. A lot of stuff is on hold and delayed. Still I'll be sure to be all ears in June. I need me some Kingdom Hearts activity.

Eonstar890

Awards
Glad to hear an update! And glad that we will be getting more info in June. Something to look forward to! I’m sure most saw this coming as it’s pretty understandable given the era we are living in.

okhi12

Awards
Sad to hear. Anyway I'm not interested at all. I'll follow the story but no way I'm playing it if it's a pay to win or time sink like its older brother.

PikaPal

Awards
Not surprised seeing it getting delayed. In fact I had a feeling it was going to anyway.

Still wishing the staff well and hoping they’re keeping themselves safe during these crazy times.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think this could mean that they're still working with the game, but at a much slower pace. Maybe they'll delay the release window to Fall.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think this could mean that they're still working with the game, but at a much slower pace.
That’s exactly what this means. COVID-19 and the shift to WFH means that they are a bit behind schedule. It’s been worked on at a slower pace, like you said, and they‘re unable to launch it with the amount of content they need to have the game going for a while (remember that UX seems to have things made at least a year in advanced, if the Titan, Leviathan, and Shiva summons are anything to go by) so while they may be able to launch and have content for 2-3 months, at their current workplace they might not be able to have enough for the fourth and fifth month.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That’s exactly what this means. COVID-19 and the shift to WFH means that they are a bit behind schedule. It’s been worked on at a slower pace, like you said, and they‘re unable to launch it with the amount of content they need to have the game going for a while (remember that UX seems to have things made at least a year in advanced, if the Titan, Leviathan, and Shiva summons are anything to go by) so while they may be able to launch and have content for 2-3 months, at their current workplace they might not be able to have enough for the fourth and fifth month.
Thanks for sharing that detail about KHUx. And it makes a lot of sense for them to hold up on release until they have a year's worth of content.

What I wonder though is if this game will have content for beyond a year. Maybe, but after Covid and companies registering losses, maybe Dark Roads will be an expansion with a year worth of content.

Tho we'll have to see how it performs as well.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for sharing that detail about KHUx. And it makes a lot of sense for them to hold up on release until they have a year's worth of content.
Maybe. They’re reusing a lot of assets from UX (card renders are copy and pasted from the X cards, worlds are the same except for Scala) so I’m sure they’ve managed to cut corners with constructing the game. But they need to make a lot of different gameplay loops to make it work against UX.

Like, UX has the coliseum, PVP, and Union Cross. It’d be a LOT to ask players to do the exact same things in UX and DR so I imagine they’re held up with making original content that is different enough to UX.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Maybe. They’re reusing a lot of assets from UX (card renders are copy and pasted from the X cards, worlds are the same except for Scala) so I’m sure they’ve managed to cut corners with constructing the game. But they need to make a lot of different gameplay loops to make it work against UX.

Like, UX has the coliseum, PVP, and Union Cross. It’d be a LOT to ask players to do the exact same things in UX and DR so I imagine they’re held up with making original content that is different enough to UX.
True. Maybe that's where their workload is: differentiation.

Or maybe they could just go the easy route, don't offer much of a differentiation and just give bonuses based on progression on Dark Roads on link them with KHUx.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I am shocked I was absolutely right /s

I hope they don’t feel pressured to try and rush this out. I want them to take their time. We can all wait. (Not like we were all that excited for a game linked to the UX app but still)

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Considering how the world is right now this is not surprising and the other KH game that was supposed to come out "soon", won't come out anytime soon either.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Considering how the world is right now this is not surprising and the other KH game that was supposed to come out "soon", won't come out anytime soon either.

He never said it would be coming out soon, just that it'd be sooner than we think, which could mean anything.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't think this will change. In fact, I think they will be more confident about revealing this project than Dark Road because they have probably been working on it for longer.

Andriux

Website
kingdomhearts.be
To be honest I don’t mind the delay. I’m over the Dark Seeker saga. What else do I want to know about Xehanort? I’d rather read a book about it then play another mobile game! Also when Dark Roads does release would that be the end of KHUX? 🤔

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
To be honest I don’t mind the delay. I’m over the Dark Seeker saga. What else do I want to know about Xehanort? I’d rather read a book about it then play another mobile game! Also when Dark Roads does release would that be the end of KHUX? 🤔
No, both games will run concurrently.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Friendly reminder that this is the last week of June to still be considered "early June."

I'm thinking we can expect DR news on Thursday since they typically drop a staff letter on the same day as the story update (which for JP is just filler, don't read into it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back