• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Pirates of the Caribbean

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 246005

It would have been better to let it fade into storage for a decade and then reboot it. Them doing it fast might feel desperate.

I rather just get a new cast rather than see new versions of Jack, barbossa, etc.

Patricier

Who says its official? There is no direct statement about Johnny leaving the series. Its only Stuart Beattie's interpretation based on where thing currently stand. As the article itself points out, Stuart Beattie has NO direct involvement with what is going on, so therefore any words from him contain NO official confirmation towards anything at all.

More to the point, given the phenomenal success of movies like Halloween (2018), a movie which made more $ in its opening week than ANY of its series' previous instillments did in their entire lifetime gross (and even more than at least 3 of them combined), and it happened to feature thee two original lead actors reprising their iconic roles, along with returning to the same tactics, methods and elements of the original.

If Disney is truly being their true smart selves, they will know that they can't just fully reboot and completely write off/recast an actor with who a character has become so close associated with, hence one of the main reasons why Solo bombed so heavily for them, not to mention for Sony the Amazing Spider-Man movies, of which Disney had to make an unprecedented deal with in order to salvage for them.

In short, if it is a complete reboot/re cast/write off, NO ONE, NOT even Disney themselves, will EVER end up being truly happy with it. It WILL overall fail, NO MATTER how it may initially seem.

TheMostRad

If Disney is truly being their true smart selves, they will know that they can't just fully reboot and completely write off/recast an actor with who a character has become so close associated with, hence one of the main reasons why Solo bombed so heavily for them, not to mention for Sony the Amazing Spider-Man movies, of which Disney had to make an unprecedented deal with in order to salvage for them.

Replace "actor" with "writer/director" and James Gunn would like to share a word with you.

But yeah. I see nothing wrong with letting this franchise breathe a little bit. Maybe give it another 15 years and we'll circle back to it as part of that 30-year nostalgia cycle.

Patricier

Replace "actor" with "writer/director" and James Gunn would like to share a word with you.

But yeah. I see nothing wrong with letting this franchise breathe a little bit. Maybe give it another 15 years and we'll circle back to it as part of that 30-year nostalgia cycle.

Replacing a director/writer is a different thing than replacing an actor, of which the series has already done so. Despite these changes, the series still kept overall continuity (much better than the Harry Potter and X-Men movies, of which completely ruined themselves, let alone the former already ruining it enough with re casting Dumbledore to a completely unspeakable word that is absolutely NOTHING like the character from the books, not to mention the first two movies, and who is truly a completely different character NO MATTER how much anyone can justify it and with that state true to what the series truly is, which still had each and every movie come overall pretty close to how well the previous one did, or if not the equivalent to that success considering lower budget etc. all of them outgrossing the original installment, as opposed to pretty much literally EVERY other movie franchise, with the exception of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and for the most part not only all of the Pixar franchises, but also pretty much every subsequent Pixar movie period, both of these brands like Pirates all being Disney :)

disney233

Awards

Looks like the reboot is happening. And it will have a female lead
........Whoever's in charge REALLY wants to make a carcass out of this series like Disney trying to make a carcass out of the 'live action' fad. Like...Pirates should've ended on 3. IS A GODDAMN REBOOT NEEDED? Also (I might get hated on this) what's with the trend of female leads, as of late? Like...I'm okay with it, but I'm seeing it A LOT of them, lately with Disney.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The Red Head is a character that’s been part of the attraction since it was built and she was recently redesigned into a pirate. If the movie is based on that character, I’m all for it.

I’d just want them to pull back on the supernatural/fantasy stuff and tell a more grounded swashbuckling story.

Back