• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Where does Kingdom Hearts 1 fit in the current canon?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
Considering how Namine, Roxas and Xion were created some time during or after Sora became a heartless in Hollow Bastion before being restored by Kairi , where does Kingdom Hearts 1 fit in relation to the current canon? Has the main story of Kingdom Hearts 1 changed slightly from the original or is still the same as it always was? How much Kingdom hearts 1 has been to accommodate the later games in the series?

AR829038

Awards
Considering how Namine, Roxas and Xion were created some time during or after Sora became a heartless in Hollow Bastion before being restored by Kairi , where does Kingdom Hearts 1 fit in relation to the current canon? Has the main story of Kingdom Hearts 1 changed slightly from the original or is still the same as it always was? How much Kingdom hearts 1 has been to accommodate the later games in the series?
I'm not entirely sure what the relation is between the question and the preface. KH1 is the same place in the canon as it's always been. Roxas and Naminé were both created at the moment Sora released his and Kairi's hearts from his body and became a Heartless; Xion was created at Castle Oblivion sometime shortly after this.

Grey Skies

Awards
So many things have changed since then. The big bad Ansem turned out to be the apprentice of the real Ansem, and also turned out to be an old man who invaded Terra's body and oh, he had a keyblade. Kingdom Hearts turned out to be an artificial fake Kingdom Hearts instead of the heart of all worlds and people. The world borders turned out not to be sealed in the end. Sora apparently was a human-shaped heart after becoming a Heartless, like Riku did after the fight with Riku-Ansem, all the way up until the beginning of KH2. Riku apparently learned of other worlds from Terra and not Kairi. The Heartless (specifically the symbol heartless) were originally created when a person lost their heart instead of the current explanation of heartless being created from a corrupted and disembodied heart. Originally Keyblade wielders did not just obtain Keyblades willy-nilly. Sora and Riku had to fight over a single Keyblade despite both being strong enough to wield one and both being threatened by the darkness (some of the presumed requirements for a keyblade appearing on its own). Originally Keyblades appeared to be sentient beings that chose their wielders in order to defend Kingdom Hearts and the world order, and a Keyblade could renounce its wielder if it believes the wielder is no longer working for its own interests.

Overall, characters' identities, backstories, and motivations changed either slightly or drastically while a large amount of the original lore was contradicted and revised by later games. The plot has also been revised, so some events in KH1 didn't exactly happen as the players were led to believe, or turned out to be meaningless in the end.

Guernsey

Awards
I'm not entirely sure what the relation is between the question and the preface. KH1 is the same place in the canon as it's always been. Roxas and Naminé were both created at the moment Sora released his and Kairi's hearts from his body and became a Heartless; Xion was created at Castle Oblivion sometime shortly after this.

I guess I didn't word it well but I was trying to write how KH1 seemed like the odd duck in relation to the rest of the games.

D

Deleted member 252753

I guess I didn't word it well but I was trying to write how KH1 seemed like the odd duck in relation to the rest of the games.
I get that. It's the only game which doesn't seem to introduce mysteries and drop hints about the future during the game. And it's been the most awkwardly fitted into the Dark Seeker saga (which I think Nomura said he made the general plan for while working on KH2), particularly in regards to Ansem, in my view.

Guernsey

Awards
I get that. It's the only game which doesn't seem to introduce mysteries and drop hints about the future during the game. And it's been the most awkwardly fitted into the Dark Seeker saga (which I think Nomura said he made the general plan for while working on KH2), particularly in regards to Ansem, in my view.

That is a fair point. I really wish that the game fir in better with the rest of the series.

D

Deleted member 246005

Its the beginning of Sora's story and thats all it needs to be.

Back