• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Diamond Select Toys plan to release new Kingdom Hearts figures

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

eiczerofour

I'm not trying to be ungrateful or annoying, but why does it take a year for two new figures to come out? Maleficent and KH3 Sora are Wednesday, while Hercules isn't coming out till the end of the year, but my God is this line a snail... and Donald & Goofy are just rereleases.
No I am starting to agree with you. I am excited for KH 3 Sora, Malificant, and Herc... and these costumes are cool but I want some more Disney / square / kh original characters. And if this is all we get this year, this line started off a lot more exciting then it has become.

Neo_

Awards
I know me and eiczerofour are the only people who care about this, but the Maleficent figure still isn't out, though some occasionally do pop up and eBay and people have had it for months; I have no idea what's going on, but the delay on the widespread distribution of this is monstrous.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm sorry, guys ;A; I'm sure at some point they will rollout. I know I haven't seen a Maleficent in my neck of the woods of LA, and we usually get stuff last since most warehouses prioritize rolling out to the east and midwest first

eiczerofour

I know me and eiczerofour are the only people who care about this, but the Maleficent figure still isn't out, though some occasionally do pop up and eBay and people have had it for months; I have no idea what's going on, but the delay on the widespread distribution of this is monstrous.
I honestly didn't even know they were online. I got the Sark and Tron-Sora pack a few months ago online, but even the store that usually gets in the specialty sets (2nd and Charles in my town) have not gotten the Sark or Maleficent pack. I am thinking of just going to Amazon for it since it is slightly over retail there, I just hope that Herc and Kairi eventually release more widely and we get some new figures announced at sdcc or something.

Speaking of which, have you seen the Steam Boat Willie Pete yet? I got to Walgreens from time to time for Marvel Legends and stuff, but have yet to see Pete...

Neo_

Awards
Speaking of which, have you seen the Steam Boat Willie Pete yet? I got to Walgreens from time to time for Marvel Legends and stuff, but have yet to see Pete...
No, and I stopped looking for it.

I've had the $25 Maleficent ordered on Amazon for months and it still hasn't shipped... Diamond is turning into Jakks. This line is in a really weird state; a bunch of the statues were marked from 50 to $10 at GS yesterday so my brother picked them up for me... you better hope Kairi even releases period.

eiczerofour

Hey dude just wanted to let you know I just found the kh3 Sora / Malificant at Gamestop. 20% off with 5$ bag for most collectibles so came out to less then $20 after tax. (I'm in Texas too currently where tax is usually high.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, and I stopped looking for it.

I've had the $25 Maleficent ordered on Amazon for months and it still hasn't shipped... Diamond is turning into Jakks. This line is in a really weird state; a bunch of the statues were marked from 50 to $10 at GS yesterday so my brother picked them up for me... you better hope Kairi even releases period.

I was so upset I didn't know about this deal until I was at my part-time job and selling this guy all of my stores KH and Sonic statues that were on sale...

Like eiczerofour said, we are doing a $5 bag sale right now so if there was some KH stuff you were looking to pick up, you should do it before the end of this week. Stores are starting to get more of the Diamond stuff so check it out.

Neo_

Awards
Gotcha.

Yeah, a week and a half ago I came home and there were Sonic, Tails, Sora, Pete and a Toy Story statue sitting there, free of charge. ☺ He's a GS employee as well so he had his discount on top of that lol.

People criticize the sculpts, but their Sonic ones are flawless, and the Pete and Goofy ones are very good as well. Sora's fine, and I saw the Mickey & Donald statue in-store the other day... people are gonna be hard on that one.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Gotcha.

Yeah, a week and a half ago I came home and there were Sonic, Tails, Sora, Pete and a Toy Story statue sitting there, free of charge. ☺ He's a GS employee as well so he had his discount on top of that lol.

People criticize the sculpts, but their Sonic ones are flawless, and the Pete and Goofy ones are very good as well. Sora's fine, and I saw the Mickey & Donald statue in-store the other day... people are gonna be hard on that one.

My favorite Diamond stuff is their statue line. They definitely do a fantastic job with them. I’d prefer a paint job that wasn’t so matte but the fantastic sculpts are enough to make them worth buying

Neo_

Awards
I finally got Sora & Maleficent and you know what? I don't even mind having to wait so long for one figure because I forgot how much of a pain the twist ties are. 😄

eiczerofour

Was nothing new announced at SDCC? I am kinda missing Riku in this line... and I guess Kairi is a no go now?

Neo_

Awards
Who knows... I don't even know why this line moves like a snail if they said it's doing good.

They said this year was supposed to pick up with releases but it's been the slowest yet; it apparently takes a year to get a figure of Hercules out.

Neo_

Awards
Finally; something new:

f99830e50a49444eb1e6ec95c0a68499xl.jpg

I don't know what was with the obscene crawl on figures this year, but I guess wave 4 is supposed to be out soon? Yeesh.

Neo_

Awards
I know most people despise these figures and eiczerofour and I were the only ones who really cared about them, but is it safe to say they're dead now? All they have announced is Element/Guardian Form Sora at $20 a pop. I swore one of their reps was raving about how well this line was doing and that we'd see multiple waves last year. Following their website, it seems like they have ADHD and can't stay on one property for too long; that or they're just juggling too much.

SaltyDog

I know most people despise these figures and eiczerofour and I were the only ones who really cared about them, but is it safe to say they're dead now? All they have announced is Element/Guardian Form Sora at $20 a pop. I swore one of their reps was raving about how well this line was doing and that we'd see multiple waves last year. Following their website, it seems like they have ADHD and can't stay on one property for too long; that or they're just juggling too much.
New to this site. I was looking through all the figures I’ve managed to find in this line and went fumbling around the internet for a checklist. Found this thread and I also care about this line! Sure, they’re not the prettiest, but KH and all the characters hold a special place for me. I’ve collected any KH figure possible, from the originals at GameStop (in what? 2003? which this newer line is very reminiscent of.) to the PlayArts Kai (only managed to get a few at release, they’re now crazy rare and impossible to find under $200) to the newest Bring Arts line which has been 100% KH3, maybe that’ll change. I’m inclined to agree with your statement about this line being dead now or on the verge of it, as much as I wish it weren’t the case. Who knows though. From the beginning, I dreaded this line having so many retail store exclusives and the insane number of singles that are rereleases. Still have yet to see Pete at any Walgreens. Haven’t seen any recently at Walgreens, to be honest. Last time they were at a local Walgreens, they were on sale for like $2. Sorry for the longwinded reply, but know you and eiczerofour aren’t the only ones out there! There’s at least one more right here haha!

Neo_

Awards
I always ask in their Ask DST (which they just did) what the status of the line is but they never answer. Sometimes I ask in a condescending fashion so I'm gonna give it one more try in a more professional way.

Haven’t seen any recently at Walgreens, to be honest. Last time they were at a local Walgreens, they were on sale for like $2.
Mmm... was unaware of this; this is pretty good evidence that they're ready to bury this line, but if they can't be successful with Kingdom Hearts then I don't get how they're successful with other properties. They've already made a ton of NBX waves (though those look better). I guess this is why they property-bounce so much.

Neo_

Awards
Had my question answered in last week's Ask DST:

Hi Chuck, was curious if there are anymore plans for the Kingdom Hearts line beyond Guardian/Valor Toy Story Sora. Thanks.

DSTChuck: There are none planned at this time, but we are watching to see how well what we have been released sells and what demand might be for more.

Neo_

Awards
The whole thing is odd because I swear in 2018 they were bragging about how well the line was doing, expanding retailers, etc. and now it's dead in the water; "multiple waves" last year when we only got one.

Kingdom Hearts fans are very particular about the quality of the merchandise so I'm not really all too surprised.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The whole thing is odd because I swear in 2018 they were bragging about how well the line was doing, expanding retailers, etc. and now it's dead in the water; "multiple waves" last year when we only got one.

Kingdom Hearts fans are very particular about the quality of the merchandise so I'm not really all too surprised.

That probably hurt them. The thing about their figures was that the Disney characters and Heartless/Nobodies were actually pretty well done. The problem was with the original characters. They were just too off-model which always struck me as weird because they are rather good at rendering when it comes to other franchises. If they hadn’t had such odd faces, these could have really stood up against the Bring Arts/Play Arts Kai lines as legitimate options for low-cost action figures.

It isn’t like the BA/PAKs are well-rendered all of the time, either, but they try at being closer to their actual faces. The closest any company has gotten has been Bandai with the SH Figuarts.

Back