• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Romance in a series about friendship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm all for the stations being changed or updated. Aqua and Xion had questionable choices on their stations (though I could make a argument on why Xemnas deserves a spot on Xion's) and of course Mickey-Terra. It bugged me that neither Sora and Kairi were in Riku's station. The Destiny trio is already dead this just felt like a kick below the belt when seeing his station. Roxas's station is one that will likely expand after KH3. Both of Sora's trios are in his station so Roxas should have that same honor with HPO being their with AX, I wonder if Isa will make it in one day? That's another thing I wonder what his station looks like. Or Axel's? Does Axel have a official station? Does Kairi? Who would be in Kairi's? Sora, Riku, Namine, and maybe her grandmother...unless she secretly hates her.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I just thought of something. Isn't Namine's body like half Riku now? That Replica body was originally housed by Dark Riku, so like if Riku and Namine ever hooked up wouldn't it be like Riku dating half himself now? Re:Connect Kingdom Hearts!

Don't think it works that way.

Just because KH3 didn't address it, doesn't mean that Roxas didn't feel a certain way about Riku. He openly declared his hatred to DiZ for speaking in riddles, you don't think he would genuinely hate the person that stopped him from being free and fulfilling Xion's last wish? Namine should be there or not... I don't see a major issue with Riku being there.

I don't think it's fair to lash out about the stations needing to be "reworked", let alone calling Nomura lazy. Sora's used the same station since KH1, should that have been "reworked" to include the Final Fantasy characters, Mickey, Namine, Roxas, Xion, Ven... like how many people do you really think should be on the station? Riku and Roxas' own had the necessary characters respectively. Their own would be way more jarring if Ansem/Mickey were missing (for Riku) and Xion/Axel were missing (for Roxas) over Sora missing.

Doesn't mean that he does feel a certain way either. You're grabbing at air here. There's nothing indicating any hatred for him like Diz in the game. And it's apparent that the series doesn't care for direct physical interaction in terms of past issues because Roxas was fine and friendly having a race with him without basis. Real hatred there. And if it was really about hate, then Diz should be there over Riku too.

Roxas got sucked into a vortex that's RAX. His other connections didn't matter and they didn't bother to address them (meaning we lost reunion scenes with HPO, Naminé, and Riku), so there's no argument here if it's not in canon. Just because you think that a character may hate another doesn't mean it's fact. Until proven. So yes, Riku has no reason to be in Roxas' heart station. Switch that with Naminé. Or Sora. Or both. I'm assuming you're fine with Xion's too if you're taking this stance.

Now. Sora's hasn't been changed because there is no reason for his to be changed, you can't be serious. He has all the right people in it that makes sense.

1e986646fd10c7fab5d8ee00b1ffe0c5d06014e1v2_hq.jpg

All of his best and closest friends, not people he "hates".

That's all he needs on his station. And you know why? It's because his station is original and Nomura actually put thought in it instead of grabbing merch from a stained glass collection (that he probably didn't even do) just based on a game's front cover or theme. Ventus too, who has the Wayfinders representing his closest friends. Notice how they are both asleep/ with eyes closed (since it is the Station of Awakening).

Everyone's else's stations need to be updated or reworked. I couldn't believe my eyes when I was seeing merch stations as official stations. Like...come on.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Everyone's else's stations need to be updated or reworked. I couldn't believe my eyes when I was seeing merch stations as official stations. Like...come on.
I had been looking forward to new station drawings for KH3, admittedly for the Disney princesses*, but it would've been satisfying to have a bunch of new drawings of the seven Guardians of Light. I mean, when will we ever get the chance to see all these characters' DttH platforms again? Missed opportunity.

* I'll continue to wait for those 'til kingdom come. Too bad Ariel could never have one and it's too late for Jasmine, but stations for Tiana, Rapunzel, Elsa & Anna, perhaps Moana or Pocahontas would be gorgeous... The thing is, the stained glass designs have been incredibly popular. I see fanart re-creating them even with non-Disney and non-KH characters all the time. It's really strange to me they have never once capitalized on that..

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I had been looking forward to new station drawings for KH3, admittedly for the Disney princesses*, but it would've been satisfying to have a bunch of new drawings of the seven Guardians of Light. I mean, when will we ever get the chance to see all these characters' DttH platforms again? Missed opportunity.

* I'll continue to wait for those 'til kingdom come. Too bad Ariel could never have one and it's too late for Jasmine, but stations for Tiana, Rapunzel, Elsa & Anna, perhaps Moana or Pocahontas would be gorgeous... The thing is, the stained glass designs have been incredibly popular. I see fanart re-creating them even with non-Disney and non-KH characters all the time. It's really strange to me they have never once capitalized on that..

Speaking of fan art.

Dude.

Even this fan made Station of Awakening is actually more canon based and accurate than the one he actually got, even if it's a bit too crowded and should be cut down:

142-1429426_roxas-awakening-station-kingdom-hearts-funny-roxas-kingdom.png

I swear, I think majority of us would do better work in this and the story in KH3.

This is just sad.

OneDandelion

Awards
I guess KH fans are so starved for new content that they're making up things to be mad about. As if the designs of the heart stations had ever been anything more than aethetic. 90% of them use recycled art, no ones arguing that they took SE a particularly long time to create.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I guess KH fans are so starved for new content that they're making up things to be mad about. As if the designs of the heart stations had ever been anything more than aethetic. 90% of them use recycled art, no ones arguing that they took SE a particularly long time to create.
Lol! You're not wrong! Literally nothing is going on in the KH community right now. If this is what things are like when KH is in a drought with no new news then wow. I'm getting a good laugh if nothing else XD

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I do wish we got to see Mickey's station of awakening. I always envisioned it with Disney Castle in the background and surrounded by pictures of Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto
You think Yen Sid or Riku would make Mickey's station perhaps?

Edit: Also what about Daisy? Mickey must hate her.

OneDandelion

Awards
I do wish we got to see Mickey's station of awakening. I always envisioned it with Disney Castle in the background and surrounded by pictures of Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto
Yea I mean we have this:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

but it really just goes to prove my point

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

OneDandelion

Awards
Oh that was in the game? Must of missed that. Pretty bland

Yeah those two would be there as well. Not sure about Daisy, lol
na its not in the game it's from a bunch of heart station concept arts SE/Nomura did for a shinjuku station exhibit. You can see the rest here: https://www.khinsider.com/news/King...ion-Opens-at-Shinjuku-Station-on-Jan-9th-8021

There's nothing to indicate it would be the same in the game if they did bring in Mickey's heart station but they were clearly designed with the aesthetics in mind. I don't think theres any particular reason to assume the ones in the games were designed differently. There's just not enough room on there for everyone and you don't want the same people to reappear on multiple heart stations for the sake of uniqueness

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Oh that was in the game? Must of missed that. Pretty bland

Yeah those two would be there as well. Not sure about Daisy, lol
Mickey hates Daisy! Even though it's usually a group of Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, and Pluto in media I think Mickey secretly doesn't give a crap about the girl duck. They need to do something where Mickey and Daisy are forced to work together...and then a new ship will be born mwahaha!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't think even Donald likes Daisy... I hate Daisy. Even in KH, they miraculously managed to make Mickey and Minnie interesting, and yet Daisy is still a harpy.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It's very unlikely Nomura even touched these stained glass artworks.
Where's the proof of that? Everyone hating on the stained glass artworks for a KH merchandise display is just mind-boggling.

Also, I want someone to tell me what exactly the requirements are for a station of awakening. I took it as a reflection of the person's heart. Sora's own having those 4 characters fits perfectly because his "friends are his power". Riku is a different person from Sora and his heart may process things differently. Getting a glimpse at his heart and seeing that Ansem/Mickey/Namine are important to him and represent certain aspects of his journey shouldn't be a cause for this uproar. I didn't realize that Riku's station was such a problematic piece of KH3ReMIND.

I admit that seeing a brand new design would have been great, but since a majority of fans probably didn't even see this artwork before (like me), it was basically "new" anyway. I just think it's unrealistic (and probably wouldn't look good) to show Sora/Kairi/Ansem/Mickey/Namine/Terra/Maleficent all on one station. For all we know, the stations can change the faces on there. What if those faces were on there because Riku had those 3 on his mind at that point in time, so their memories were dominant in his heart?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Where's the proof of that? Everyone hating on the stained glass artworks for a KH merchandise display is just mind-boggling.

Probably because at the time of that promotion, Nomura would have been elbow-deep in working on FF7R and KH3 along with all of the other work he juggled like Dissidia NT, World of Final Fantasy Maxima, the few collabs he was working on... FF7R especially because they were having issues with CC2’s work on the game.

Also Xion had no hand and Mr. Perfectionist Nomura would have never let that pass had he personally worked on the memorial exhibit.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Probably because at the time of that promotion, Nomura would have been elbow-deep in working on FF7R and KH3 along with all of the other work he juggled like Dissidia NT, World of Final Fantasy Maxima, the few collabs he was working on... FF7R especially because they were having issues with CC2’s work on the game.

Also Xion had no hand and Mr. Perfectionist Nomura would have never let that pass had he personally worked on the memorial exhibit.
So on one hand he's a perfectionist that won't let Xion's hand be hidden by the frame and on the other he's extremely lazy and rushes KH3 out the door without a care in the world?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
We could be consistent and just say he's lazy, lol. But nobody is really hating on the stained glass artwork really? How we got here was a disagreement over your argument that they actually signified something instead of being a lazy re-use of artwork.
Yeah because I didn't know it was a re-use of artwork... which means that I genuinely thought it meant something in regards to Riku having Namine in his heart station. The argument came about because others then pointed out that it was "lazy reused artwork". Circling back to that, the very fact that Nomura approved of it in KH3ReMIND means that he saw it and accepted what was on there. He even tweaked the image to not be KHCoM themed, which makes me believe that he wasn't lazy about it. Spock literally listed the number of projects he was working on simultaneously with KH3 and that makes him lazy?
??? what do these have to do with each other?
Everyone claims KH3 is a rushed, hot mess that Nomura was lazy about which would contradict your statement about Nomura being a perfectionist that wouldn't release artwork with Xion missing a hand - presumably because it was incomplete. If he wouldn't release artwork that was incomplete over a missing hand that is barely noticeable, then how would a described "perfectionist" like Nomura release KH3 in a rushed, hot mess state?

Back