• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I have a question about the ff7 remake please, since I didn’t play the original

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
got a question please, I’m already familiar with ff7, played crisis core, dirge of Cerberus and watched ff7 advent children movie, and watched few clips of ff7, but ofc this was all in the past, so I’m already familiar with everything regarding ff7 characters and story, however I didn’t play ff7 on purpose cause I had faith it will get remake I’m and it finally did! Took me 13 years of waiting... but worth it! Sorry to waste your time on reading all of this but here is the question.

will Aerith really die on the end of disc 1?
If so how is that possible? Aerith is one of the most important characters in ff7 so is she really gonna die this early in the game? I heard the game could have 2 or 3 discs, if it was 2 disc then it wouldn’t be a problem but 3 discs? So is she like gonna be in the game for like 40% portion of the game? If so I didn’t expect that at all... I thought in the original game Aerith died when the game was like 70% over, but didn’t not expect it to be in disc one... can someone please explain?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
She won’t die in the game releasing April 10th because it is only adapting the story up until the party leaves Midgar, which is only the first few hours of the original. That event takes place much later in the original game and will likely be towards the end of the next game in the remake series.

Foxycian

Awards
She won’t die in the game releasing April 10th because it is only adapting the story up until the party leaves Midgar, which is only the first few hours of the original. That event takes place much later in the original game and will likely be towards the end of the next game in the remake series.
thank you<3

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The 1st part alone is 2 discs. She's probably dying on Disc 8 at this rate.

Foxycian

Awards
The 1st part alone is 2 discs. She's probably dying on Disc 8 at this rate.
Disc 8? Wait what xD I’m confused, didn’t the game originally have 3 discs? So shouldn’t the remake cover 2 to 3 dice? or maybe stretch it 4?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Disc 8? Wait what xD I’m confused, didn’t the game originally have 3 discs? So shouldn’t the remake cover 2 to 3 dice? or maybe stretch it 4?

Games don’t work like they did back in the PS1 era now that game data can be installed to a console’s hard drive. While the first part of the Remake contains two discs in the physical version, one of those discs is just going to be install data. You’ll put it in first and it will install that data onto your PS4. The other disc will allow you to actually play the game. All that to say, when you play the game, you won’t have to pop one disc out and put another in unlike the original.

Each release of the remake will be one seamless game experience. The story will only be separated by however many separate games they decide to make out of the original. I highly doubt that number will be more than 3-4. With all that data, we may end up with 6-8 game discs, but the story will only be *played* over four discs/games.

Foxycian

Awards
Games don’t work like they did back in the PS1 era now that game data can be installed to a console’s hard drive. While the first part of the Remake contains two discs in the physical version, one of those discs is just going to be install data. You’ll put it in first and it will install that data onto your PS4. The other disc will allow you to actually play the game. All that to say, when you play the game, you won’t have to pop one disc out and put another in unlike the original.

Each release of the remake will be one seamless game experience. The story will only be separated by however many separate games they decide to make out of the original. I highly doubt that number will be more than 3-4. With all that data, we may end up with 6-8 game discs, but the story will only be *played* over four discs/games.
I see altho I’m betting it will be 3 discs instead of 4, I just don’t like it being stretched that far plus I don’t want to wait that long, guess all I can do is hope and have faith😌

Back