• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anything new from the KH Series Character Files book?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kristi-swat

Awards
Most of us still haven’t received the book due to no deliveries on the weekend. But there are some stories translated on twitter

EternalDream

There's a full doc out there already but I assume KHI staff is waiting for better scans or translations to post anything?

It's mostly character building, which some people desperately needed like Isa/Saix, but there are some plot-important things in there too. Like Demyx talking about how a guy said "May your heart be your guiding key" to him, which I'd wager isn't talking about Xehanort, or how Marluxia never woke up re-completed after his first defeat, being a nobody again already by the time he awoke, which fixes an issue where he'd have been Lauriam inbetween and somehow still joined Xehanort which would be way OOC.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
These "short stories" were kinda... falsely marketed lol. They're just rambling inner thoughts, and most of them are packed with cutscene transcripts. There's some neat insight in there, but it's few and far between.

There's a full doc out there already but I assume KHI staff is waiting for better scans or translations to post anything?

It's mostly character building, which some people desperately needed like Isa/Saix, but there are some plot-important things in there too. Like Demyx talking about how a guy said "May your heart be your guiding key" to him, which I'd wager isn't talking about Xehanort, or how Marluxia never woke up re-completed after his first defeat, being a nobody again already by the time he awoke, which fixes an issue where he'd have been Lauriam inbetween and somehow still joined Xehanort which would be way OOC.

Yes, we will be working with goldpanner on our own translations! She, Spockanort and I are all waiting for our copies to arrive in the mail :)

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I can tell you that Xion has trauma from being gaslit for a whole year.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

He can be Lauriam and still decide to join for one reason or another. Heck, he could be Marluxia and NOT join. This just sounds really unnecessary when he could have just rejoined out of curiosity or to get his Nobody powers back (because everyone not Lea is apparently not allowed to keep them.)

These "short stories" were kinda... falsely marketed lol. They're just rambling inner thoughts, and most of them are packed with cutscene transcripts. There's some neat insight in there, but it's few and far between.
I saw a few fan translations and feel bad for those fans and soon Goldpanner for doing them cuz just reading the rambling thoughts gave me a headache.

Xemnas and Ansem's stories also gave me a headache, but for different reasons...

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I saw a few fan translations and feel bad for those fans and soon Goldpanner for doing them cuz just reading the rambling thoughts gave me a headache.

Xemnas and Ansem's stories also gave me a headache, but for different reasons...

Yeah, it doesn't help that the other translations so far have been super literal and stilted. Luckily we have Dandelion helping to adapt them so they'll be in character and flow naturally in English ❤

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yeah, it doesn't help that the other translations so far have been super literal and stilted. Luckily we have Dandelion helping to adapt them so they'll be in character and flow naturally in English ❤
Awesome!
tumblr_ntfm7wXpUj1up7vb2o1_500.gif

Back