• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where. Is. Sora's. Mom.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ZinC Podzzz

Awards
This is a detail that does not matter in the slightest, I understand that. But like, I want to know that happened to her! Do you think she's seen Sora since KH1? I assume so, since he's been back to the islands, but why haven't we seen her? The mainland was only shown in KH2 from what I remember (and I guess BBS) and from the cutscene in KH1, Sora lived there. I want to be able to go to Sora's house (and overall Destiny Islands again) and see if his room has changed. I want to explore the town and meet the citizens. (whoops I kind of got off topic but it kind of relates to his mom so its fine) So, bottom line, I would LOVE to see how she feels about Sora and his friends going to other worlds and fighting darkness. Thoughts?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I feel like the best opportunity to explore Sora's home and family would have been KH3 if the Islands were playble. Since they weren't I doubt Nomura will focus on that in the future. Nomura just doesn't seem to care about SRK's family lives.

I just want to know how Sora's mom reacted to her son's death. That must have been one awkward conversation for Riku

Zetsumei

Awards
Serious Answer: Maybe the reason why we never see Sora's mom again is because Sora went to a different worldline after destiny islands fell to darkness in KH1. Think about it. He wakes up in Traverse town, which we know now is in a special realm called "the realm between". Between what ? Worldlines maybe. Perhaps he left his original worldline, went to traverse town, and then ended up in a completely new worldline after leaving traverse town.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'd love to see Sora's mom and home. That said we don't even know if she's still around. After all Zexion hinted that when Riku recklessly opened the door some hearts were forever lost to darkness. Though I doubt Sora's or and of the other MC's parents were among them or I think Sora and Co would try and save them.

It's a bit of a shame we never get to see any of Sora, Riku and Kairi's home lives and their parents.
With Kairi I feel it's more likely we'll meet her bio-parents than her adoptive ones.

With Riku I feel at most we'll learn that Xehanort was a great-uncle of his or something, considering they're the only guys we know of from Destiny Islands with silver hair.

But I feel like their families will continue to be something the games will just gloss over and ignore.

OneDandelion

Awards
Some questions are better left unanswered lol. It's so late in the game and the characters are so independent that there is no feasible way of smoothly writing their families into the story. It would be easier to think they were orphans

But knowing Nomura he'll probably bring it back somehow. Watch the series end by Sora sending his heart all the way back to the first game and walk home to eat, just like Chronicles of Narnia

Noivern

Awards
I feel like some of the things about their lives back in the islands could still be important for the franchise going forward, although it would feel unnatural to have it being shoehorned back into the plot like this.

1. We know Sora is the typical estereotype of a clueless islander with little to no knowledge about technology and such things, although It seems like he's an exception to this rule and with Selphie and Kairi's "modern" take to their school uniforms and the way Riku acts in 3 when we first use the Gummiphone, they are probably well versed with this. So probably Sora is the kind of kid who spent his entire time playing outside instead of reading or playing games.

2. Kairi's backstory could turn out to be very important since she had access to the castle in Radiant Garden as a kid (although that probably has to do with them not wanting to model another scenary just for her grandma scene rather than making a big deal about them hanging out in the Library), something we know is unusual since Lea and Isa had to sneak inside in BBS. There are also hints that she was adopted by the mayor in DI which fits her princess role. So if they ever bother to explain how the Princesses of Heart work in KH4, that might be addressed.

4. Probably the most important detail being that Xehanort seems to originate from this world, and maybe he was even one of the original kids who built the whole base in the "Kids Island". It might also be the place where Ventus showed up when he went from UX to BBS, since that's where Xehanort leaves his body.

5. It's the place where the Paopu fruit originates from, and the stories surrounding that fruit are well know enough for Aqua to hear about them all the way in Radiant Garden. The Paopu signifies the bonds between people which directly ties into the Power of Waking. So maaaaybe it's more important than what we are initially lead to believe.

I doubt they are done with Destiny Islands yet. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to have a relationship with Scala who seems to be built on top of a series of small islands as well. lol

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
5. It's the place where the Paopu fruit originates from, and the stories surrounding that fruit are well know enough for Aqua to hear about them all the way in Radiant Garden. The Paopu signifies the bonds between people which directly ties into the Power of Waking. So maaaaybe it's more important than what we are initially lead to believe
Honestly Aqua could have heard about them from Eraqus, who in turn learned about them from Xehanort.

Still i agree with a lot of what you said. Destiny Isand still has a lot of secrets to unvail and i think a lot of us fans have been dying to see the main island since 2006's KH2 showed it to us.

As the home of so many key characters it feels like there should be more to it.

Lillia

Awards
Website
www.deviantart.com
This is a good question to start. I would love to see Sora going back the main shores of Destiny Islands. I want to add another question too to this thread.

Where is the main land?

Destiny_Islands_KHII.png
And in the data greetings, the main land of Destiny Islands doesn't even appear.
Maybe they cut the content from the game who knows?

640px-Main_Island_Ocean's_Road_KHII.pngDestiny_Islands_Mainland_01_KHIII.jpg

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This is a good question to start. I would love to see Sora going back the main shores of Destiny Islands. I want to add another question too to this thread.

Where is the main land?

View attachment 12296
And in the data greetings, the main land of Destiny Islands doesn't even appear.
Maybe they cut the content from the game who knows?

View attachment 12297View attachment 12298
I think it's just an animation error/they didn't care to include. KH1, Sora can see the smaller island that we play on from his room on the mainland. When you're on that island... you can't see anything. From what we can tell, you should be able to see either island when standing on the shores of the other. In all KH games that you visit Destiny Islands, when you're on the smaller island, you never see the mainland (even though you should be able to). I guess there's no point in animating this far-off island that no one is ever going to visit. Even at the end of KH2 (the game that showed more of the mainland), you can't see it.

Hitman365

Awards
I always wondered what ever happened to Sora’s mother during the games I forgot that Sora had a mother.

Back