• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Dark Road details revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The latter.
OMFG. I'm just going to stick to KH3 and wait for the cinematic version of KHUX/Dark Road. If it was a one-shot deal with the full story, I would have actually tried to find a way to play it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So does this mean Union X is ending soon to be replaced by this?

PARACOSMIC-M

My imaginary magic fishpond in the back yard
Something to consider: Speed and reflexes being integral to the gameplay will prolly make it impossible for me and many other disabled people to play. This was the case with the classic kingdom games too; I didn’t have enough range of motion or speed to play most of them. Not to derail the thread, but what do you all think the chances are of Dark Road having accessibility options?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So does this mean Union X is ending soon to be replaced by this?
No, they're going to run concurrently with each other. Though apparently Union X hasn't been making as much money for Square Enix as the other mobile games so who knows if this desperate ploy for money will work and keep both games going.

Something to consider: Speed and reflexes being integral to the gameplay will prolly make it impossible for me and many other disabled people to play. This was the case with the classic kingdom games too; I didn’t have enough range of motion or speed to play most of them. Not to derail the thread, but what do you all think the chances are of Dark Road having accessibility options?
There's an auto option for battle. That might make things easier for those with disabilities? But without playing we ultimately don't know if it will be fully accessible :(

AR829038

Awards
So, not to downplay your concerns, but, wouldn't all the KH games then be barely accessible to people with such handicaps? After all, reflexes and timing are kind of salient gameplay aspects of this series—I don't really know how you get through them without being at least a little capable with regards to reflexes/speed. I can't imagine that the "speed/reflex" timing they're talking about here is much more intensive than the kind demanded of those playing the main games.

No, they're going to run concurrently with each other. Though apparently Union X hasn't been making as much money for Square Enix as the other mobile games so who knows if this desperate ploy for money will work and keep both games going.

There's an auto option for battle. That might make things easier for those with disabilities? But without playing we ultimately don't know if it will be fully accessible :(
Sounds like they're flailing as they fall off the cliff. Let both of them just die already. Let Nomura remake them into real games if the story is really that important.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
That's so evil! It makes me wonder if they even know what they want to end Union X on? Still making stuff up as they go along I see.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
mobile games make me cry I’m so sad

So, not to downplay your concerns, but, wouldn't all the KH games then be barely accessible to people with such handicaps? After all, reflexes and timing are kind of salient gameplay aspects of this series—I don't really know how you get through them without being at least a little capable with regards to reflexes/speed. I can't imagine that the "speed/reflex" timing they're talking about here is much more intensive than the kind demanded of those playing the main games.

Nah, KH on various settings is still playable even for people with disabilities. You can button mash a lot of the games which is what I do as a primary strategy. More difficult bosses do require some more strategy but it’s all still accessible on lower settings if you need to take that route.

Prior to ReMind, the super bosses were optional and had nothing to do with story progression as well, so any player at any skill level could enjoy the full story.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Insisting that we cover KHX all those years ago continues to be my best idea ever.

OMFG. I'm just going to stick to KH3 and wait for the cinematic version of KHUX/Dark Road. If it was a one-shot deal with the full story, I would have actually tried to find a way to play it.

You could consider watching the 10 minutes of cutscenes goldpanner and I slave over each month to provide? Especially since you're dabbling in UX-related theories, it's important to keep up to date with new developments.

AR829038

Awards
mobile games are

Nah, KH on various settings is still playable even for people with disabilities. You can button mash a lot of the games. More difficult bosses do require some more strategy but it’s all still accessible on lower settings if you need to take that route.

Prior to ReMind, the super bosses were optional and had nothing to do with story progression as well, so any player at any skill level could enjoy the full story.
Okay. That makes sense.

darknessofheart

Awards
With regards to Disney Worlds, the only possible redeeming quality I could think of is if there are new characters. If this takes place 75+ years before KH3, it would be a cool opportunity to introduce some unique history to Disney characters.

But now that I think of it, I don't think Disney would ever allow that, especially in a mobile game. Please don't tell me Xehanort runs into the same characters, even though it's decades before they should even exist.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
My expectations for this were low, but holy eff. And I'm pretty conservative. Watch the Emblem Heartless appear because the Book of Prophecies has been passed down and Eraqus' line and that's what they're using to train. Also, I don't think Dark Road will phase out KHUx. I think it's a complimentary feature to try and breathe some life into KHUx before they finally shut it down.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
They are traveling through time right? So Eraqus is now a time traveler? Huh. So are Terra and Aqua the only non time travelers from the BBS era?

AR829038

Awards
My expectations for this were low, but holy eff. And I'm pretty conservative. Watch the Emblem Heartless appear because the Book of Prophecies has been passed down and Eraqus' line and that's what they're using to train. Also, I don't think Dark Road will phase out KHUx. I think it's a complimentary feature to try and breathe some life into KHUx before they finally shut it down.
That was my theory, too (about the Book of Prophecies). Although, to be fair, KH3's Secret Reports written by Xehanort did already hint at this, so at least it doesn't come out of thin air like a lot of Nomura's ideas.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That was my theory, too (about the Book of Prophecies). Although, to be fair, KH3's Secret Reports written by Xehanort did already hint at this, so at least it doesn't come out of thin air like a lot of Nomura's ideas.
What specifically do the Secret Reports say?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What specifically do the Secret Reports say?
Secret Report 2

Mark of Mastery Journal—

Some days have passed since I set off on my journey to prepare for the Mark of Mastery examination. Eraqus asked for leave to undertake the same pilgrimage, but apparently I am to be first to tour the worlds written of in the old fairy tales.

Until a few short years ago, I'd known only my own world, a speck of land surrounded by sea. But how I'd dreamed of, yearned for the World beyond... And, granted guidance from the future, I left that nest behind. As I treaded the path to my master's side, I came in contact with darkness in many forms. I knew even then, as by instinct: terrifying as its power was, it could be harnessed. Mastered.

Eraqus is a blueblood, descended from the very first masters in the age of fairy tales. But I did not come this far to indulge in adulation. I will be his peer. His equal. And to do that, I must learn to wield the power born from both darkness and light in proper balance.

—Xehanort

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
With regards to Disney Worlds, the only possible redeeming quality I could think of is if there are new characters. If this takes place 75+ years before KH3, it would be a cool opportunity to introduce some unique history to Disney characters.

But now that I think of it, I don't think Disney would ever allow that, especially in a mobile game. Please don't tell me Xehanort runs into the same characters, even though it's decades before they should even exist.

We’ll see Xehanort meet Aladdin and it’s gonna be all sorts of dumb

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well at least I know it'll run on my Kindle Fire.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Is Xehanort going to fight Jafar and send him to the lamp for the 100th time in this series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back