• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS: Luxord/Marluxia/Larxene/Demyx

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Eonstar890

Awards
I remember reading somewhere that a plausible reason that the Demyx scene was added in ReMind was to establish a connection between him and Riku
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Demyx as a character is very lax and unworried about furthering any specific plans, but always seems interested in "Demyx Time" or essentially any moment he gets to shine. Makes sense for a musician, and I get the feeling he was sweet talked into the organization. His carefree attitude is reminiscent of someone who comes from a lofty background so perhaps his past life was protected by people around him in power.

As we know, Marluxia didn't have all of his memories of being a Union Leader during CoM up until the moment he fades away in KH3, so the same could be true for Demyx. If he is experiencing amnesia then perhaps that could explain his characters seeming lack of motive for anything.

EternalDream

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noivern

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
While Jack is pretty similar to Demyx in looks (haven't played Type-0 to know about anything else), he only shares a VA in the japanese version. And I doubt they would pick such a random character regardless, and while Nomura has been pretty much THE designer for FF since 8, the whole deal about Versus is that he was more than the designer, he was in charge. It's probably just a matter of similar designs, Lightning looks pretty similar to Aqua too if you change their hair colors.

@ Thread

I doubt Xemnas (or Xehanort, for that matter) has been to any other worldline, Luxord was probably just hanging around the KH timeline somewhere. He definitely doesn't have any idea that Luxord is special either because he was never suspicious of him, while he was aware that Marluxia and Larxene were acting up.

Regarding the ending, we just don't have enough to understand that or even piece Luxord as a character yet; He could very well be a special Nobody like Roxas was; Sora was capable of reforming his body even while his Nobody was still around because he had a very strong heart (and Kairi did a bit of helping, I guess?), so his original hanging out with Yozora while his Nobody was doing just fine is definitely possible.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not enough people in this thread have played Type-0 and it is a travesty :(

I highly recommend it even though the PS4 remaster is the inferior version imo

EternalDream

While Jack is pretty similar to Demyx in looks (haven't played Type-0 to know about anything else), he only shares a VA in the japanese version. And I doubt they would pick such a random character regardless, and while Nomura has been pretty much THE designer for FF since 8, the whole deal about Versus is that he was more than the designer, he was in charge. It's probably just a matter of similar designs, Lightning looks pretty similar to Aqua too if you change their hair colors.

Fair enough. The Demyx relation was more of an aside to the main similarity (the clockwork apparatus hanging from the window in Type-0 and between the towers in Daybreak Town, which is off-topic here...maybe I should make a separate thread on it? I don't know enough about Type-0 myself though) but I just thought to bring it up. Nomura is crazy enough after all.

Also totally off-topic but I only just realized Luxord's somebody would be called Ludor (latin for 'game') and I feel stupid for not noticing that before.

D

Deleted member 252753

Well, I am definitely going to play Type-0 now, relevant to KH or not.

I wonder about Demyx a lot and I find it hard to buy that he was sweet talked into joining the organisation a second time (especially when he sounds so insincere talking about it to Ienzo). It's weird that he wants to join but doesn't want to fight, which was the whole purpose of the new organisation.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Fair enough. The Demyx relation was more of an aside to the main similarity (the clockwork apparatus hanging from the window in Type-0 and between the towers in Daybreak Town, which is off-topic here...maybe I should make a separate thread on it? I don't know enough about Type-0 myself though) but I just thought to bring it up. Nomura is crazy enough after all.

Also totally off-topic but I only just realized Luxord's somebody would be called Ludor (latin for 'game') and I feel stupid for not noticing that before.
Dont feel bad. Not sure how many of us would have known much Latin, lol

But yeah I can see his original name being Ludor. It's a lot better than Lord U

Back