• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Next game in the series…

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Personally I would love to see a Destiny Trio focused game instead of another SDG one.

I feel like the real reason everyone has this perception of the main characters as dull is because they barely get any screen time, and when they did in KH3 it was admittedly pretty bland, but if a game was forced to focus on this trio it would really give them a chance to shine and finally actually feel like a trio again.

Riku in DDD was my favorite iteration of him, his personality outside of "dark edgy boy" finally got to shine through and he had real interactions with the disney characters.

Imagine getting to see Sora, Riku, and Kairi having these types of interactions with Disney characters together, the way they would play off each other. Plus having a female approach to the disney worlds would be a breath of fresh air. Not that I don't love the boys, but sometimes a woman's touch is nice too, especially in worlds with princesses and what not.
The Destiny trio seems to be the focus of DDD Volume 2 from the looks of it. Which is good since it means Riku and Kairi will finally get a chance to interact and act like friends

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
The Destiny trio seems to be the focus of DDD Volume 2 from the looks of it. Which is good since it means Riku and Kairi will finally get a chance to interact and act like friends
I'm actually more excited for the supposed DDD Volume 2 that the team are developing right now, along with the new Disney worlds they may end up going.

On top of that it would also give Kairi more character development and growth much like how DDD was clearly more centered on Riku than Sora.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
If DDDv2 is indeed a SRK game I really hope they end up using Coco as one of the Disney worlds.
Coco is most definitely a shoe-in for the next KH game, due to the themes the film (remembrance, death, etc.) had and Héctor interactions with or one of the trio (be it Sora, Riku and/or Kairi) so he can reach his daughter Coco.

I also envision Inside Out, given that in portions of the film they do focus on emotions and dreams which could be a useful plot device, even Princess and the Frog and/or Moana (or both of them) could work as worlds for the next game. I'd be surprised if Moana would end up being a world in the next KH game instead of KHIV, cause Moana's journey on restoring the Heart of Te Fiti and the Islands decaying/dying due to Maui taking the Heart, do somewhat mirror the first KH game when Sora goes on his Journey to fight the darkness, plus I could see some fun bonding moments and interactions between Moana and Kairi (or Sora).

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Not everyone likes Flowmotion in KH3. Besides myself, I know a few other friends who dislike it as well. Regardless, Square as a company is big and rich enough to test things by themselves instead of releasing such a weird project like DDD again, and that was the point MATGSY made (which I completely agree with).

Anyways, I still think Kairi should be the lead of the next game, but I think Kingdom Hearts is missing in personality lately which the latest replies seem to agree. I think we need more of what the first game had back then with the unique artstyle, each character kinda doing its own thing, having their own sense of style. Lately everyone has a Keyblade and flashy moves and it could get stale. I think looking towards the Persona franchise for inspiration could be cool, with more unique quirks to the game's design in the menus and personalities, and maybe some sort of character-interaction system evolving from what D-Links and Summons were. Let us chat with the other Guardians of Light through the gummi phone to get to know them more giving us fun interactions and, as a reward, new abilities, skills, commands and so on.

I would like a Kairi-focused game to be somewhat inspired by what FF-X2 did but not as much; the main games since 2 already have this with the forms which work similarly to the outfits and class system of that game, but imagine befriending Riku through his "buddy-system" giving Kairi a Light-Firaga (aka Dark Firaga, but with Light magic) and, when maxed, the Oblivion Keychain. Befriending Aqua gives us Mine-Square, Xion gives Ars Arcanum finisher, Naminé unlocks KH1 passive abilities or something.
My dream is a Kairi/Xion/Aqua game with Namine in the Jiminy role.

Maybe the reason everyone's been lacking personality lately is because it's been all gloom and doom for so long (or at least what seems long because of the wait times between games)?

As hyped as I am for KH IV with what was shown in KH3ReMIND/Limit Cut, I kind of feel that the best approach is to give us a "fun" game and what better way to do that than a Disney focused game. Whichever characters can visit the Disney worlds for clues about Sora and along the way we get little tidbits/hints at what is going on behind the scenes (like Foretellers/the box/Yozora), but that is not the focus. I feel like that will allow some characters to be more relaxed than having to be in "serious" mode for a grand battle.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Not everyone likes Flowmotion in KH3. Besides myself, I know a few other friends who dislike it as well. Regardless, Square as a company is big and rich enough to test things by themselves instead of releasing such a weird project like DDD again, and that was the point MATGSY made (which I completely agree with).
Not everyone likes it but it is better as a mechanic, to the point where many like it's inclusion over how it was in DDD. My point was that these experimental games are new blood to this series and they should release weird projects like DDD. Its an experiment but that isn't inherently bad, and can actually be beneficial. Dream Drop Distance's problems are mostly focused on how fast it was pushed out, but that isn't a problem with it being experimental. Yes testing would have fixed it's problems but again that's on the time that was used to get it in and out.

I didn't misunderstand the point, I disagree with it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'd want it.

Maybe the reason everyone's been lacking personality lately is because it's been all gloom and doom for so long (or at least what seems long because of the wait times between games)?
I'd say it's more from how passive everyone not named Sora has become and their attitude toward him. They've been dumbed down so the "plot" goes a certain way at a certain time instead of it being built on the characters. In writing, it doesn't matter how "cool" you think the events in your story is, how its characters are written dictates whether it floats or sinks. You can have the most generic plot, but if the cast is interesting, with good dynamics, reacts logically to their character, etc., and they build up the story, then you have something kinda cool going on. You can have a story with constant twists and turns with amazing events, but if these things happen because the characters are like cardboard standees, being moved from one spot to another not really reacting like they logically should, then whatever cool thing you're doing just falls flat on its face.

As hyped as I am for KH IV with what was shown in KH3ReMIND/Limit Cut, I kind of feel that the best approach is to give us a "fun" game and what better way to do that than a Disney focused game. Whichever characters can visit the Disney worlds for clues about Sora and along the way we get little tidbits/hints at what is going on behind the scenes (like Foretellers/the box/Yozora), but that is not the focus. I feel like that will allow some characters to be more relaxed than having to be in "serious" mode for a grand battle.
I mean, all KH games are Disney-focused games. lol

SuperNova

Awards
I'd say it's more from how passive everyone not named Sora has become and their attitude toward him. They've been dumbed down so the "plot" goes a certain way at a certain time instead of it being built on the characters.
I'd have to agree with this statement here. Aqua and Riku were really passive in KH3 despite being secondary main characters. They just had to keep finding reasons for Sora to be invested in each plot battle that occurred instead of letting the characters do their own thing like Aqua and Ven saving Terra. The main character does not need to be involved with every single plot battle to make that battle worth fighting for.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Sounds like a fun game to me.

As for the future KH games, I'm curious what the main plot of KH4 will be. If Sora is revived in a possible DDD2 then that'll be off the table and I wonder what the main conflict will be. Like what do the Zoo-Keys/Foretellers want and will they be the main antagonist? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'd have to agree with this statement here. Aqua and Riku were really passive in KH3 despite being secondary main characters. They just had to keep finding reasons for Sora to be invested in each plot battle that occurred instead of letting the characters do their own thing like Aqua and Ven saving Terra. The main character does not need to be involved with every single plot battle to make that battle worth fighting for.
Even in Re:Mind they're not allowed to hold their own and need Sora's help. Sora shouldn't have to die in order for them to be so.

Sounds like a fun game to me.

As for the future KH games, I'm curious what the main plot of KH4 will be. If Sora is revived in a possible DDD2 then that'll be off the table and I wonder what the main conflict will be. Like what do the Zoo-Keys/Foretellers want and will they be the main antagonist? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
That's the biggest problem I have with those dang furries. I can figure their storyline going forward will involve the box in some way, but....I don't really see just what they could be doing. Before Re:Mind, we had something to work off of with the protagonists (and Isa), and after that, we got more for them, but still nothing for our supposed antagonists. I don't mind being in the dark, but at the same time it kinda shows how the Foretellers don't have much going for them.

SuperNova

Awards
It sounds like to me we are going to bring back Sora in DDDv2 and I really hope we get something with the Foretellers. So far they look just like plot pieces and not as interesting as Xehanort or the MoM as villains.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Even in Re:Mind they're not allowed to hold their own and need Sora's help. Sora shouldn't have to die in order for them to be so.

That's the biggest problem I have with those dang furries. I can figure their storyline going forward will involve the box in some way, but....I don't really see just what they could be doing. Before Re:Mind, we had something to work off of with the protagonists (and Isa), and after that, we got more for them, but still nothing for our supposed antagonists. I don't mind being in the dark, but at the same time it kinda shows how the Foretellers don't have much going for them.
I think that's the intrigue of the new saga which I think is a breath of fresh air and a callback to old school Kingdom Hearts. In KH1, we had no idea what was going on or what to expect. In KH2 (even with my issues with the story), there was an air of mystery and a real desire to find out more about the story and lore. KH3 we basically knew what was going down - the Keyblade War. The only real mystery was who was in the New Organization and if the new PoH would play a role.

KH IV is all new stuff - no more nobodies, Xehanort everywhere, Sora clones, people trapped/forgotten... it's all fresh and the direction is a mystery. We know some elements of the story - black box, Foretellers, MoM - but where it's going to go is beyond anyone even guessing because there's really nothing to go on and I really like it this way. It even makes it a mystery which Disney worlds to expect (minus Frozen 2 for obligatory reasons).

Back