• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Pooh's world in KH exists solely as a magical book that's been written by someone else. Therefore, Pooh & co. aren't technically real, in-universe. And yet, through the power of heart, they live happy lives. What other major character could relate to this? Xion! Her very existence is a natural abnormality and has been "written" into existence through memories and data that have since grown into their own uncertain being. What if we have Xion stumble into the world of the 100 Acre Woods and she travels across the forest with Pooh, completing odd jobs with his friends to earn a sense of accomplishment in the self. Pooh senses that Xion doubts her purpose in the world and feels unbelonging. He reminds her that even without their own destined purpose, he and his friends live fulfilling lives by merely doing what their heart craves. Pooh always desires honey, and as such, he always procures some. Through Pooh, Xion learns to develop her own self interests and pursue them to an end.

Xion can also meet Christopher Robin as an adult citizen of Radiant Garden who is Pooh's "author," and insists to her that he wrote the story of Pooh to be infinite and endless, so that Pooh can go on his own adventures, much like she should.

100 Acre Woods is one of those worlds that should have been in Days. Roxas and Xion are naive goobers. They would have fit in perfectly in this world and they would have taken every crisis that happens in Pooh's storybook seriously. From Pooh getting stuck in the door, to Rabbit's garden issues. They probably would have beat up Tigger thinking he was a Heartless destroying Rabbit's garden. Oh the beautiful chaos that could have happened if they had met Pooh and friends before. Now their too smart and mature to do anything majorly fun and chaotic there. Still I'd love to see RAX visit 100 Acre Woods.

1) The new Pixar film, Onward looks like a fantastic fit for a world in terms of exploration, magic and a new look for Sora and the gang. Check out the trailer if you haven't seen it:

2) Toy Story 4. Mainly because its theme of "growing up and moving on" could be appropriate to the upcoming battle between Sora and the Foretellers (Past vs. the Future) in KH4. The carnival would be a terrific open world for Sora to team with Woody and Bo Peep.

3) Pocahontas! Surprised this Disney animated classic hasn't been included in any games yet. Avoiding the cultural and historical sensitivity from the film with a Heartless subplot, I think the setting is beautiful and Pocahontas could be a magic-adept party member.
Too bad Sora didn't meet Bo Peep before. As for Pocahontas, perhaps it was too historically incorrect for them to want to touch in a KH game. Are there any other worlds that slap history in the face that Kingdom Hearts used?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Tangled the Series would be a fantastic addition to Kingdom Hearts. While watching yesterday's one hour episode, I was desperate for this entire storyline to be included in a Kingdom Hearts game. I was even thinking "you know, I'd take less worlds if it meant longer and more meatier plotlines."
Only IF they create models of Cassandra and Varian in the same style as the original movie.

Agree to disagree, they can't just simply create 3D models of them and "boom" they're in, cause it would feel unnatural just seeing different visuals of the same characters in the same world (TV style and CG movie style) which not only would be distracting but make the player whose who, cause Kingdom of Corona's visual style is reminiscent to the movie.

Lastly it will all come down to IF and only IF Nomura and his team are really that interested in returning back to Kingdom of Corona for future games, regardless if Rapunzel is one of the new seven hearts.

1) The new Pixar film, Onward looks like a fantastic fit for a world in terms of exploration, magic and a new look for Sora and the gang. Check out the trailer if you haven't seen it:

2) Toy Story 4. Mainly because its theme of "growing up and moving on" could be appropriate to the upcoming battle between Sora and the Foretellers (Past vs. the Future) in KH4. The carnival would be a terrific open world for Sora to team with Woody and Bo Peep.

3) Pocahontas! Surprised this Disney animated classic hasn't been included in any games yet. Avoiding the cultural and historical sensitivity from the film with a Heartless subplot, I think the setting is beautiful and Pocahontas could be a magic-adept party member.
Interesting you made a post on Onward, cause a while ago I made a post a while back for a planned Onward world, depending on where the film ends and which Original story they would come up and one idea that comes to mind with the world is what if it could become KH's answer to FFXV?

Think about it, The City, the landscape and the Brother's van, Guinevere do seem to be ideal for a FFXV style Open World exploration in KHIV, Just imagine having Ian and Barley as party members for Sora and the gang and the locations they go to either by walking or driving Guinevere, this screams FFXV.
latest

latest

latest

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Only IF they create models of Cassandra and Varian in the same style as the original movie.

Agree to disagree, they can't just simply create 3D models of them and "boom" they're in, cause it would feel unnatural just seeing different visuals of the same characters in the same world (TV style and CG movie style) which not only would be distracting but make the player whose who, cause Kingdom of Corona's visual style is reminiscent to the movie.
I don‘t see the problem here. Your argument would only work if the series didn’t have a history of creating 3D models and worlds for traditional 2D movies like:

- Cinderella
- Snow White
- Sleeping Beauty
- Alice in Wonderland
- Hercules
- Aladdin
- The Little Mermaid
- Pinocchio
- Mulan
- The Lion King
- Peter Pan
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame

And more.

Seriously, this is a topic that you’re against and there’s nothing wrong with just ignoring it. You don’t have to reply to every discussion just to interject your opinion. You just got off a temporary ban for being rude and antagonistic to people and you went straight back to angry reacting posts.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Seriously, this is a topic that you’re against and there’s nothing wrong with just ignoring it. You don’t have to reply to every discussion just to interject your opinion. You just got off a temporary ban for being rude and antagonistic to people and you went straight back to angry reacting posts.
Okay, I'm sorry, and secondly my post didn't sounded angry and especially antagonistic with you. You're the one who's jumping the gun and being the one antagonistic here.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Okay, I'm sorry, and secondly my post didn't sounded angry and especially antagonistic with you. You're the one who's jumping the gun and being the one antagonistic here.

Nah, he’s right. I made that Tangled thread intentionally to see how you’d post. You immediately jump on every post that is positive or for Tangled the Series to tell them why they are wrong so it fits your view point without letting people just enjoy the concept of it.

It is fine if you don’t agree with others but you are really going out of your way to shut down all discussion to be the most knowledgeable person in the room and also so you can have the last word.

disney233

Awards
Yeeeeeeah....throughout the many posts in regards to Corona, I'd vouch that the op has a....questionably strong hate for Corona.

That being said, I've been on and off on the Tangled series. It's not a bad place for the series to pick up on, but I personally don't see it as a return for Sora. Rather it and a few other Princess worlds seem better for Kairi. Idk, on one hand, it literally makes sense for Kairi to travel through the Princess worlds, but on the other hand.....cardboard personaity.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Nah, he’s right. I made that Tangled thread intentionally to see how you’d post. You immediately jump on every post that is positive or for Tangled the Series to tell them why they are wrong so it fits your view point without letting people just enjoy the concept of it.

It is fine if you don’t agree with others but you are really going out of your way to shut down all discussion to be the most knowledgeable person in the room and also so you can have the last word.
For your information, I learned what happened that resulted in my temporary ban from this site and learned not to be antagonistic on others

Lastly, on my post for the Tangled thread you created, I didn't shut down/attack others, picking a fight and especially say "I'm right you're wrong" I just spoke my opinion while explaining why I enjoy the show and being neutral on returning back to the world given that the visuals of the film and KH3's version of Tangled is much different to the visuals of the Television series which is where the issue lies.

That's fine if you continue to not agree with my post and will continuously called my message "moot", but it goes back to whether or not Square Enix, Nomura and his team are interested and really want to have Kingdom of Corona return as a world for future KH games and want to utilize elements from the Television show, regardless if Rapunzel is one of the new seven lights. Like with most KH games, Nomura and his team discuss and decide which Disney films/properties they want to put in as worlds and which Disney worlds they want to reuse again for the game (be it for the story, the themes that the world based on the film has with the KH game, Sora's growth, variety, visuals, etc..).

2 quid is good

Awards
This has been asked for again and again and again. I would love Balthier in KH as the leading man. His charisma would be a welcome addition to any KH game. Please let it happen with him owning his own Gummi Ship, lol.
Like with everything that's been asked for to death, we probably won't get it 😂

Eventually the people clamouring for Atlantis and TP will fall by the wayside just like the peeps who wanted Hawaii

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Like with everything that's been asked for to death, we probably won't get it 😂

Eventually the people clamouring for Atlantis and TP will fall by the wayside just like the peeps who wanted Hawaii
It'll be interesting to see what worlds they use for KH4. Given the choices used for KH3 the 2D style worlds might be few in favor of big hit movies in CGI. Though I've always wanted a Treasure Planet world I see that being a world possibly for a side game rather then KH4, but who knows for sure? There is also the other possible movies that Disney hasn't put out yet that might make it in. We'll just have to see.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I still want to see what Nomura would do with a Mary Poppins world. Whether it turns out good or bad it should be at least entertaining to play through
A full Mary Poppins world would certainly feel different and I'd totally want to play through it. Even if that never happens, I'd love if the chalk drawings ever made it in.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I still want to see what Nomura would do with a Mary Poppins world. Whether it turns out good or bad it should be at least entertaining to play through
Me too, it makes me more curious if Nomura will decide on using the original 1964 movie, or Mary Poppins Returns or a combination of both elements similar to how the 100 Acre Wood world has elements of ALL Disney Winnie the Pooh media.

I'd love to have both elements instead of just one over the other.

A full Mary Poppins world would certainly feel different and I'd totally want to play through it. Even if that never happens, I'd love if the chalk drawings ever made it in.
I also would like to have the vase that leads to the Royal Doulton Ball from Mary Poppins Returns involved. Personally I wouldn't mind having both areas the Chalk drawing and the Vase as locations either accessed through Radiant Garden or Twilight Town similar to the Space Paranoids and 100 Acre Wood worlds, I can so easily imagine them as another mini-game based world like the 100 Acre Wood and one where you can take a break from fighting the Heartless.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I also would like to have the vase that leads to the Royal Doulton Ball from Mary Poppins Returns involved. Personally I wouldn't mind having both areas the Chalk drawing and the Vase as locations either accessed through Radiant Garden or Twilight Town similar to the Space Paranoids and 100 Acre Wood worlds, I can so easily imagine them as another mini-game based world like the 100 Acre Wood and one where you can take a break from fighting the Heartless.
These should replace 100 Acre Woods as the mini-game world next time.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
kingdom_hearts_4_disney_world_ideas_by_the_dark_mamba_995_ddq7lly-pre.jpg

My world order would be
The Ocean
City of Supers
Agrabah
Zootopia
Game-Central Station
New Orleans
Arendelle

I limited myself to 7 cuz that's how many KH3 had. I wanna see them put a lot more emphasis on original worlds for KH4.
Incredibles, Zootopia, Moana, Princess and the Frog?! How dare you tease me with these worlds that I'm salivating for KH4. I hope we get them.

horto12485

Awards
Here are mine for the Future of Kingdom Hearts...

Worlds for a Kingdom Hearts game before Kingdom Hearts IV...

Treasure Planet (It's one of the Most Requested worlds that Everyone wants in the Series honestly i know everyone wanted in KH3 but Pirates of the Caribbean got more better than Treasure Planet and i was hoping it would appear in Kingdom Hearts IV so maybe a Spin-Off game could work for Treasure Planet)
Pocahontas (I know it's not going to work in the series cause not everyone wants it in the Series)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
The Jungle Book
Meet the Robinsons
Either Brave or Robin Hood
The Black Cauldron
The Sword in the Stone
The Emperor's New Groove
Coco
Inside Out
Pride Lands (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride)
Onward

Longshots: Brother Bear, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Great Mouse Detective

Kingdom Hearts IV Disney Worlds

Zootopia
Moana
The Incredibles (To Replace San Fransokyo since the TV Series of Big Hero 6 takes place after the Movie and we don't have no Movie Sequel confirmed)
Wreck-it Ralph (If not then a Spin-Off game before Kingdom Hearts IV)
Toy Box
Arendelle (Hopefully to implement Frozen II)
Agrabah (To finish up the Aladdin Trilogy)
Raya and the Last Dragon
A Bug's Life
The Princess and the Frog (Replacement for Kingdom of Corona since TV Elements from Tangled the Series can't be used for the next Saga)

Longshots: Marvel (Probably not rather have References or Cameos), Star Wars (Same for Marvel rather have References or Cameos), Mary Poppins (Some people would see Mary Poppins would have a Character resident in one of the Original Worlds like either Twilight Town or Radiant Garden)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...l-original-stories-popular-franchises-1278814

Disney is opening its vault to leading video game creatives.

Sean Shoptaw, senior vp games and interactive experiences at Disney, on Wednesday gave an update on the studio's new approach to video game licensing at the 2020 DICE Summit at the Aria Convention Center in Las Vegas.

"I'm here for one specific reason: to empower you to do really unique things with our [catalog]," the exec told the crowd of game developers. "We want to tap into the power of creatives across the industry."

Citing recent examples such as EA and Respawn Entertainment's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, 2019's sixth-best-selling title, and 2018's Marvel's Spider-Man from Insomniac Games, which was the fastest-selling first-party title in Sony's history with 3.3 million units sold in its first three days (it has since gone on to sell over 13 million copies), Shoptaw stressed the importance of original storytelling and "reimagining" what Disney characters and settings could be.

The Disney exec extended an invitation to game developers in the room and throughout the industry to "come and play" with its extensive catalog of franchises, which now include many 20th Century (formerly 20th Century Fox) properties such as Avatar and Bob's Burgers, among many others.

I wonder if this means more creative freedom for future KH games.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Hot Take: Any reasonable(as in not publicly controversial) Disney property can work. The only reason some worlds might not work are because:
  1. Disney being too restrictive
  2. Nomura overstepping his vision over Disney's IP(goes both way)
  3. Lack of vision
  4. Lack of resources
  5. Legal mumbo jumbo
That being said I firmly believe that Star Wars can work in KH. Just as Star Wars was influenced by many stories, KH follows most of the same tropes and archetypes from SW. I mean just look at the similarities:
  • Conflict between the forces of good and evil
  • Mastermind that set up a conflict that cannot be prevented
  • Big bad grooming emotionally unstable young heroes
  • The power of bonds pulling the fallen back to the good side
  • Mythical power and weapons
I know it might be hard for some to trust both Disney and Nomura(I do) to make a compromise and deliver a compelling story, but I won't let that stop me from hoping.

Back