• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Next game in the series…

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Wallflower3582

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere and I just missed it, but…

Not too long ago we got that interview with Tai Yasue and Nomura, in which Nomura said that there was a game coming unexpectedly soon. Right after that Project Xehanort (Dark Road) was announced, and I for some reason sorta assumed that's what they were talking about, but now, looking back on the one translated from Japanese and also at the official translation released by Square, it doesn't really look like it…

"We will need some more time to make another traditional, main-series style KINGDOM HEARTS game, but there was a surprising announcement from the KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross] team last week. On top of that, we also have two new teams working on different projects separate from Re Mind and Union χ[Cross], and one of those games is coming out earlier than you would think. The title screen for Re Mind lays some of the groundwork for it."

I'm the translation by the lovely Goldpanner we got of the Japanese version, it was slightly different, since it was just a bit before they announced the project.

"We still need some time with regards to main line Kingdom Hearts, but first up the KH UX team will have a surprising announcement tomorrow."

They took out that part in the English version mentioning that the UX team had an announcement the next day, but they also added the part at the end about the title screen for ReMind being a hint for the next project (which doesn't seem like it's related to YX obviously). So in conclusion, it looks like Dark Road is being developed by the UX team, and whatever the project that's coming "earlier than you think" is developed by a different team. I've read the theory that our next game will be DDD2, which would be my guess for what it is, but who knows at this point.

I just wanted to throw this out there since I've heard some people lately saying that the project Nomura was talking about was the new mobile game, but I don't think it is. Anyone have thoughts on what it is and when it might be coming?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm guessing that it's Dream Drop Distance 2 featuring Riku/Kairi.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm guessing that it's Dream Drop Distance 2 featuring Riku/Kairi.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SPOILERS... forgive me, I dont know how to do spoilers tags
I still think its going to be a Kairi, Riku, and SORA game. I dont think they'd miss a chance to do the Reapers game, espeically after what Yozora said in the secret episode about ".. accidently wandering into this place and going through some trials"

Plus, Noruma did hint at the title screen as what the next game is going to focus on. And after what we learned in the Limitcut, Kairi is going to be a focus in the next as well as Riku but given everything else we know, I don't see why that wouldn't mean Sora as well. We also still have to take the secret ending into account too. I think Sora does end up in Shibuya, regardless of the good or bad ending.

And fans have been complaining for years that DDD should've also included Kairi; so if this is going to be DDD Volume 2, I think that would be a great way to fix that complaint. Also, if Re:Mind is anything to go by is the developers have been listening and want to deliver the fans what they want, even if it's not always executed correctly.

I honestly think they are setting up a Sora, Riku, and Kairi DDD style game with three seperate campaigns, which would be very fitting as a first game in the new saga.

Last edited:

Wallflower3582

(Np. If you're curious, you can just do [spoilers ](insert whatever you're hiding here)[/spoilers ] (minus the spaces I put in the end of the brackets, I just put them in there so the website wouldn't actually read it as code) to hide them in black like this

spoiler

Or you can tap the little dots on the post formatting above and select "Spoiler" from the drop-down (or just type spoiler instead of spoilers into the brackets) to do them like this

Spoiler Spoiler Show

In case you wanted to know. 😊)

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
If you are talking about a new story entry, then yes. DDD2 seems like a good guess. Although it will be have a convoluted name for sure.

But as about the surpsisingly new title coming, there is no way a team could have developped a game in one year, especially since it is a new team. My guess will go towards one last remaster of the whole xehanort saga. Maybe for switch or pc.

okhi12

Awards
Yeah guessing DDD style game will be next too. just hoping they not gonna bring the awful deck command menu back, and stay with KH3 style gameplay.
Not my cup of tea either but I don't think command deck was that bad. I'd rather get rid of Flowmotion and Attraction Flow.
Anything Flow-related. They're not good.
Though I admit KH3's flowmotion was bearable and it didn't break the game like in DDD.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's funny I still haven't played DDD1 yet, lol. But I'm all for a Sora/Riku/Kairi game because I know I won't get that in KH4. These guys need a game to show they are a strong trio and a DDD style game could be that. Just imagine Kairi finally in a Disney World outside Data Greeting where she's awake (Not counting Neverland! You know that doesn't count) speaking of what Disney Worlds would they use?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It's funny I still haven't played DDD1 yet, lol. But I'm all for a Sora/Riku/Kairi game because I know I won't get that in KH4. These guys need a game to show they are a strong trio and a DDD style game could be that. Just imagine Kairi finally in a Disney World outside Data Greeting where she's awake (Not counting Neverland! You know that doesn't count) speaking of what Disney Worlds would they use?
I figured the Disney worlds in DDD Volume 2 would either be memory copies like CoM and Coded or worlds with a emphasis on death like Coco.

Noivern

Awards
I just hope that if we do get a DDD2 with Kairi, that the other playable character ends up being someone else and not Riku. I know the story kinda hinted towards that, but he already had his shot and even though I'd love to have him in a new game, I just don't think he should be the pick here.
I'm hoping for Kairi to be alone this time with Riku only really acting as a support character so she can have her much needed spotlight, and we would benefit with better gameplay too.
I'm ok with commands making a comeback, just PLEASE no de-aging. I like KH3 Kairi very much, thanks.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I still think its going to be a Kairi, Riku, and SORA game. I dont think they'd miss a chance to do the Reapers game, espeically after what Yozora said in the secret episode about ".. accidently wandering into this place and going through some trials"

Plus, Noruma did hint at the title screen as what the next game is going to focus on. And after what we learned in the Limitcut, Kairi is going to be a focus in the next as well as Riku but given everything else we know, I don't see why that wouldn't mean Sora as well. We also still have to take the secret ending into account too. I think Sora does end up in Shibuya, regardless of the good or bad ending.

And fans have been complaining for years that DDD should've also included Kairi; so if this is going to be DDD Volume 2, I think that would be a great way to fix that complaint. Also, if Re:Mind is anything to go by is the developers have been listening and want to deliver the fans what they want, even if it's not always executed correctly.

I honestly think they are setting up a Sora, Riku, and Kairi DDD style game with three seperate campaigns, which would be very fitting as a first game in the new saga.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AegisXIII

Awards
I am still hoping to get a PC port of the whole saga. I have a lot of friends that are curious about it but don't want to invest in a console for one saga.
Also if it would happen, I would really enjoy if they could spend some time on the prerendered cutscenes of chain of memories, days and recoded which are very very blurry/aliased on hd screens. Barely watchable in my opinion.

Zach2

I just hope that if we do get a DDD2 with Kairi, that the other playable character ends up being someone else and not Riku. I know the story kinda hinted towards that, but he already had his shot and even though I'd love to have him in a new game, I just don't think he should be the pick here.
I'm hoping for Kairi to be alone this time with Riku only really acting as a support character so she can have her much needed spotlight, and we would benefit with better gameplay too.
I'm ok with commands making a comeback, just PLEASE no de-aging. I like KH3 Kairi very much, thanks.
👍👍

wwinterj

DDD 2 seems likely as others have said. I hope that it's only all major platforms at that time. I wouldn't rule out being Switch only though.

hlc1988

Awards
I just hope any future game will be released on PS4... no more releasing games on other consoles please... if you are going to do that, release it on all consoles please.

NoWay

Awards
I just hope any future game will be released on PS4... no more releasing games on other consoles please... if you are going to do that, release it on all consoles please.

They are already releasing the games on different platforms. The whole Chi Saga and Dark Road are mobile games. And I actually hate this fact because I want to experience these games on a home console. :cautious:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Since Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are searching for Sora in the older Disney worlds I'm a bit curious what a game with Mickey as the playable character would be like.

That might be a good excuse to bring back Disney Castle and possibly adapt some of the old Disney shorts

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

The PS5 is confirmed to be launching this holiday season. So we're getting to a point where PS4 game releases will start dwindling down. The next game being on PS4 though really depends on when that game is done. Persona 5 is on the PS3 but Persona 5 Royal isn't, but that's because P5 was always meant to be on the PS3.

So if the next KH game comes in 2022, chances are, you're gonna need a PS5.

SuperNova

Awards
I have a strong feeling that the next game is gonna be a DDDv2 with Riku and hopefully Kairi looking for Sora. I don't really want another game starring TAV or RAX right now.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm not very enthused at the idea of a non-Sora KH game, much less a KH game where you frequently switch characters. Your opinion may differ, but the gameplay has always been miserable in games where we switch between characters. In all the dev time that could have been spent making the combat good, it was instead used on making multiple characters work.. And we got what we got.

I think Osaka has learned a lot, and Re:Mind changed my feelings about them considerably, but deadlines really do still be deadlines.

And at the core of it all... I don't want more KH games that don't have Donald and Goofy! They HARD carry every cutscene they're in.

Back