• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► How did TAV do that?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

So when I started up Limit Cut and saw Riku and Terra's little exchange I was rather entertained. I figured this was a little preamble before we'd see Riku, Aqua and Mickey entering the realm of darkness to search for Sora, only to be caught off guard with the wayfinders going there instead and I was honestly just confused.
When Aqua said "I'm not alone this time" or in the Japanese version stated there'd be three of them in the trailer, I figured it'd be natural for it to be the three masters, but did consider she meant her trio.

Now what I don't get is how the three of them opened a gate to the realm of darkness and how they intend to get out of there again. Up until now the cast has repeatedly made it out to be really hard for none darkness affiliated people to get in and out of that Realm. If I'm not mistaking KH3 established that to open gates between the two realms with a Keyblade you require one of the Realm of Darkness. So how could Terra, Ven and Aqua create a portal to the RoD?

Last I checked Mickey was the only one with a RoD Keyblade. So did they through that bit of lore already out the window? Or does one of them have a Keyblade from the Realm of Darkness? Did I misunderstand something?

What do you guys think?

AR829038

Awards

So when I started up Limit Cut and saw Riku and Terra's little exchange I was rather entertained. I figured this was a little preamble before we'd see Riku, Aqua and Mickey entering the realm of darkness to search for Sora, only to be caught off guard with the wayfinders going there instead and I was honestly just confused.
When Aqua said "I'm not alone this time" or in the Japanese version stated there'd be three of them in the trailer, I figured it'd be natural for it to be the three masters, but did consider she meant her trio.

Now what I don't get is how the three of them opened a gate to the realm of darkness and how they intend to get out of there again. Up until now the cast has repeatedly made it out to be really hard for none darkness affiliated people to get in and out of that Realm. If I'm not mistaking KH3 established that to open gates between the two realms with a Keyblade you require one of the Realm of Darkness. So how could Terra, Ven and Aqua create a portal to the RoD?

Last I checked Mickey was the only one with a RoD Keyblade. So did they through that bit of lore already out the window? Or does one of them have a Keyblade from the Realm of Darkness? Did I misunderstand something?

What do you guys think?
Well, Sora managed to enter the Realm of Darkness with Master Eraqus' Keyblade, which is NOT a Dark Keyblade, so that rule is not exactly air tight. It's possible that Aqua knows some trick. However, it seemed that the portal they opened was not a portal to the Realm of Darkness, but a portal to the Lanes Between. So, it's more likely that TAV used that portal to find a different way into the RoD.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

What do you guys think?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Last I checked Mickey was the only one with a RoD Keyblade. So did they throw that bit of lore out the window already? Or does one of them have a Keyblade from the Realm of Darkness? Did I misunderstand something?

What do you guys think?
This is KH3, lol. We should know well by now that they're perfectly willing to sacrifice or ignore established lore when they need it to suit the plot.

Also, Mickey's Kingdom Key D was said to be damaged beyond use, and he specifically asked Yen Sid for a "replacement." Yet he and Riku still strolled in and out of the RoD without issue, so even back then they played it fast and loose with that whole idea.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Well, it was definitely Terranort that (accidentally) opened the portal after his battle with Aqua, and he was also the one who cast AtW out to the RoD (meaning he likely opened up a Dark Corridor then too).

Not sure about the post-Xemnas portal, but it could just be a property of the Realm Of Nothingness they were stuck in. Nobodies, or those that exist in the between Light and Darkness, are capable of opening up their own portals afterall.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well, Sora managed to enter the Realm of Darkness with Master Eraqus' Keyblade, which is NOT a Dark Keyblade, so that rule is not exactly air tight. It's possible that Aqua knows some trick. However, it seemed that the portal they opened was not a portal to the Realm of Darkness, but a portal to the Lanes Between. So, it's more likely that TAV used that portal to find a different way into the RoD.
That's fair, though I personally imagined that being a similar situation to Sora and Kairi opening a Door to Light in KH2, the Keyblade using the connection between people to bring them together.

You might be right about it being a portal to the lanes between, so they might have been rendezvousing with Mickey to get into the realm of darkness, they might pick up a Keyblade of darkness along the way.

This is KH3, lol. We should know well by now that they're perfectly willing to sacrifice or ignore established lore when they need it to suit the plot.

Also, Mickey's Kingdom Key D was said to be damaged beyond use, and he specifically asked Yen Sid for a "replacement." So even back then they played it fast and loose with that idea.

Yeah, Mickey's Keyblade situation is weird, I think it's still the Kingdom Key D, just with the Star Seeker used to mend any damaged it might have taken. Still you got a point with lore being played a bit fast and loose.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
And now we know what happened to Max Goof and PJ!

OneDandelion

Awards
Thats a really good observation I hadn't thought about, surely this will be expanded upon in the future. My best guess would have to be that Aqua or Terra's time spent in darkness has lead them to many abilities some consider to be unnatural....

Or maybe Eraqus' keyblade actually is a KoD? I was under the impression Sora entered the RoD by tracing his connection to Riku and Mickey? Maybe that's wrong I'll have to rewatch.

Zetsumei

Awards
My best guess would have to be that Aqua or Terra's time spent in darkness has lead them to many abilities some consider to be unnatural....

This made my day. Can we get someone to photoshop Nomura's head on Palpatine saying that line please ? lol

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Yeah, Mickey's Keyblade situation is weird, I think it's still the Kingdom Key D, just with the Star Seeker used to mend any damaged it might have taken. Still you got a point with lore being played a bit fast and loose.
That was my interpretation as well actually (we never do get to see the Starseeker again after that). I was just speaking from a more literal standpoint, lol.

That's a really good observation I hadn't thought about, surely this will be expanded upon in the future. My best guess would have to be that Aqua or Terra's time spent in darkness has lead them to many abilities some consider to be unnatural....
I know this was meant to be a joke, but considering how much inspiration KH seemed to take from Star Wars in the past (particularly during BBS), this might actually be what they had in mind, lol.

Noivern

Awards
Ehh, Terra has a pretty powerful connection to the Darkness so I'd guess that + the time he spent fighting Xehanort inside his heart probably gave him some interesting abilities. He was also the only know user of Darkness without external influence, so maybe he has a natural affinity to it.

But really, this is the first time we've had a situation where the characters went willingly into the Realm of Darkness without being in a rush or with a specified time to return. When Mickey and Riku went after Aqua, they knew she was in there and they were in a hurry with the battle against Xehanort incoming and everything. This time, TAV are going there in a exploration mission and no one really knows where Sora actually is, so it's a different situation.

Also, more importantly: they have their armors. Maybe the method they used can be achieved because of that, while Riku and Mickey had to look for a safer route with a Keyblade of Darkness.

GreyouTT

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
But really, this is the first time we've had a situation where the characters went willingly into the Realm of Darkness without being in a rush or with a specified time to return. When Mickey and Riku went after Aqua, they knew she was in there and they were in a hurry with the battle against Xehanort incoming and everything. This time, TAV are going there in a exploration mission and no one really knows where Sora actually is, so it's a different situation.
So you're saying that since no one was being pressed for time, they were just able to get around the established methods because.... They learned something new, I guess? In which case, that still opens up just as many questions.

Also, more importantly: they have their armors. Maybe the method they used can be achieved because of that, while Riku and Mickey had to look for a safer route with a Keyblade of Darkness.
So like, the path they opened is extremely volatile and dangerous, thus requiring a higher level of protection than Riku and Mickey's magic clothes specifically designed to ward off darkness? Interesting.. cause that would suggest they may have to pass through a dense area like the abyss before they can properly reach it (which would admittedly be a good trade off for trying to essentially use a loophole).

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Having a Keyblade of Darkness isn't something you can "teach", but if you're reffering to whatever he was doing after that Keyblade broke (which we have absolutely no information on, cause the game danced around the topic)... I suppose it could be possible.

ZeVaine

Awards
Isn't the LoD a world that lands on the barrier between the realm of light and dark? At least that seemed to be case when it was in it's Castle Oblivion form... But maybe that's a permanent feature of the world: you can easily access and traverse the dark and light realm from here.

GreyouTT

Awards
So you're saying that since no one was being pressed for time, they were just able to get around the established methods because.... They learned something new, I guess? In which case, that still opens up just as many questions.

So like, the path they opened is extremely volatile and dangerous, thus requiring a higher level of protection than Riku and Mickey's magic clothes specifically designed to ward off darkness? Interesting.. cause that would suggest they may have to pass through a dense area like the abyss before they can properly reach it (which would admittedly be a good trade off for trying to essentially use a loophole).

Having a Keyblade of Darkness isn't something you can "teach", but if you're reffering to whatever he was doing after that Keyblade broke (which we have absolutely no information on, cause the game danced around the topic)... I suppose it could be possible.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Well, you're not wrong. Mickey's first method of getting into the RoD was described to us in detail during 0.2, and it wasn't particularly simple. The second method was definitely less complicated by comparison.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

GreyouTT

Awards