• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS! Things that ReMIND forgot to address along the way

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
So, I LOVED ReMIND, as well as the Limit Cut and Secret Episode, naturally. In my mind, the additions that the Osaka team have added onto the base KH3 not only vastly enhance its enjoyability both in the sense of story and gameplay, but I dare say the whole package taken together now ranks even above KH2FM imo.
However, as much as I loved the experience, and as much as I feel we got our fair share of questions answered in this addition, I still noticed that ReMIND dropped the ball on a couple of points where certain plot threads or mysteries were concerned:
1. The conversation between Xigbar and Luxord at the beginning of ReMIND feels pretty meaningless in retrospect. While it lets us know that Luxord was suspicious of Xigbar, both ReMIND itself and the trailers made it seem like this was going to be the start of some sort of deep investigation into Luxord's past and character. The fact that ReMIND started off on this scene led me to believe that we'd get some sort of shocking revelation regarding Luxord by the end of everything (and, well, I guess we did get a little something with that Good Secret Ending *wink wink*, but that's not really a revelation about Luxord so much as it is just more mystery). I was disappointed that scene never came to any kind of fruition.
2. Demyx was kind of a bust. In post-KH3 interviews, Nomura gave an infamously sly nod to Demyx's disappearance at the end of KH3, and even gave a mischievous little laugh. While not much on its own, this did lead me and many in the KH community to believe that Nomura was going to show us what Demyx was doing after his disappearance in KH3, and that it would be something shocking, perhaps even leading to revelations about his character, as we were led to believe with Luxord. Needless to say, I was kind of let down when all he did was just pick up the Namine replica and NOTHING else. Like, the way Nomura talked about him, we were all expecting to learn something about HIM. Heck, a lot of people even theorized that Nomura's hint meant that we might find out in ReMIND that Demyx was the Master of Masters all along. At the end of the day, just as with Luxord, this trail ended up being a dud.
3. The box. We all remember the disappointment of not getting to see what was in the box at the end of KH3, but even those of us who were disappointed held out hope we would get the answer in ReMIND. Now, on its own, that hope might seem far-fetched, except that Nomura EXPLICITLY STATED in an interview around the time Back Cover was released that the Master's "surprise" inside the box would be revealed in KH3. I, and many others, speculated that if we weren't going to get that answer in base KH3, then we would at least get it in ReMIND. Now, of course plans change, and perhaps Nomura had to work things around and save the reveal for another time, but it just sucks that he essentially lied to us about such an important reveal.
4. Darkness inside Ven. Now, granted, this is a smaller issue, because the Dark Inferno in Ventus' heart was never really a subject of much interest before ReMIND released, and it's pretty obvious that whatever answers we get to that sequence are being kept for Union X. But still, it felt abrupt and pointless, as Sora never references it again, even though it seems like a pretty important thing to keep in mind about someone, especially someone ostensibly of pure heart. It was clearly just a tease for Union X, and nothing more, so they probably should have just scrapped it altogether.
5. The time rift. I think we were all hoping ReMIND would clarify the absolute mess that was the time rewrite sequence in the Keyblade Graveyard. Alas, it didn't. It still makes no sense why some characters remember the past reality sometimes and not others. In fact, adding future heart-Sora into the mix, if anything, only further muddies those waters.
6. Rescuing Kairi. I'm not gonna lie—I have no idea what was going on with the whole bit about piecing Kairi's heart back together. I don't understand how Xehanort could fragment her heart, and I don't understand what going through the other Guardians' hearts had to do with retrieving hers. It's never once explained how going into the others' hearts allows Sora to procure Kairi. Like, what was she doing in their hearts? How did she get there? If Xehanort is the one who fragmented her heart, then why go through the other Guardians' hearts in the first place? Shouldn't all the pieces of her heart be in Scala, then? And if so, why were there only five pieces of her heart in Scala, while the other two were outside in the Guardians' hearts? The whole escapade just made no sense to me. I won't complain too much, because hey, we got our girl back, but I really would like to at least comprehend how we got her back.
7. The Replica Norts returning. How is it that the Xehanort Replicas managed to respawn and attack the Guardians? For that matter, how exactly did Master Xehanort come out and fight them concurrently with his fight with SDG? At first, I was willing to believe (and maybe this is the case) that the Nort Replicas simply fused to recreate his goat armor without the old man himself having to operate it, but you can see his face through the armor—he's definitely in there! Does the X-Blade/Kingdom Hearts give him the power to be in two places at once? I mean, I guess it could, so maybe that's all the answer I'll get.
8. Why can't Sora rewrite the past this time around? Chirithy mentioned this to him, but why? If he did it once, why not again? And, in fact, this turned out to be untrue anyway. Sora DID rewrite time again! He did it in the battle with the Sea-Salt Trio vs. Xemnas and Saix. That stuff didn't happen the first time around. A lot of the other things that happen with future Sora, you could imagine it occurring in the main timeline offscreen and we're just seeing it now, but the stuff with Roxas Xion and Axel and Xemnas was definitely a time rewrite, if an ultimately inconsequential one. But everything else is played as if it was always a part of the main timeline that we just didn't get to see, so it's hard to tell what's in line with KH3's original ending, and what's a rewrite.
9. The Data battles, while awesome, ultimately turned out to be narratively pointless. This isn't a big complaint, because I LOVED the data fights, and I'm surprised they actually made them narratively relevant this time around. But it's just funny that you go through all that trouble only to find out that nothing comes of it and Fairy Godmother just shows up with all the answers.
That's all I have to say. Sorry it's long, hope I haven't given anybody headaches. Tell me what you think, and tell me if I overlooked some crucial detail in the dialogue or something that might make some of these make a bit more sense.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah it's a shame we didn't get more Demyx outside of his meeting with Riku. Though at least thanks to Luxord we have a bit more to speculate in regards to his history

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nanelle

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Makes sense, seeing as how it was confirmed that Vanitas was acquired from the past and put inside a Replica.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
So, I LOVED ReMIND, as well as the Limit Cut and Secret Episode, naturally. In my mind, the additions that the Osaka team have added onto the base KH3 not only vastly enhance its enjoyability both in the sense of story and gameplay, but I dare say the whole package taken together now ranks even above KH2FM imo.
However, as much as I loved the experience, and as much as I feel we got our fair share of questions answered in this addition, I still noticed that ReMIND dropped the ball on a couple of points where certain plot threads or mysteries were concerned:
1. The conversation between Xigbar and Luxord at the beginning of ReMIND feels pretty meaningless in retrospect. While it lets us know that Luxord was suspicious of Xigbar, both ReMIND itself and the trailers made it seem like this was going to be the start of some sort of deep investigation into Luxord's past and character. The fact that ReMIND started off on this scene led me to believe that we'd get some sort of shocking revelation regarding Luxord by the end of everything (and, well, I guess we did get a little something with that Good Secret Ending *wink wink*, but that's not really a revelation about Luxord so much as it is just more mystery). I was disappointed that scene never came to any kind of fruition.
2. Demyx was kind of a bust. In post-KH3 interviews, Nomura gave an infamously sly nod to Demyx's disappearance at the end of KH3, and even gave a mischievous little laugh. While not much on its own, this did lead me and many in the KH community to believe that Nomura was going to show us what Demyx was doing after his disappearance in KH3, and that it would be something shocking, perhaps even leading to revelations about his character, as we were led to believe with Luxord. Needless to say, I was kind of let down when all he did was just pick up the Namine replica and NOTHING else. Like, the way Nomura talked about him, we were all expecting to learn something about HIM. Heck, a lot of people even theorized that Nomura's hint meant that we might find out in ReMIND that Demyx was the Master of Masters all along. At the end of the day, just as with Luxord, this trail ended up being a dud.
3. The box. We all remember the disappointment of not getting to see what was in the box at the end of KH3, but even those of us who were disappointed held out hope we would get the answer in ReMIND. Now, on its own, that hope might seem far-fetched, except that Nomura EXPLICITLY STATED in an interview around the time Back Cover was released that the Master's "surprise" inside the box would be revealed in KH3. I, and many others, speculated that if we weren't going to get that answer in base KH3, then we would at least get it in ReMIND. Now, of course plans change, and perhaps Nomura had to work things around and save the reveal for another time, but it just sucks that he essentially lied to us about such an important reveal.

The Xiggy/Luxord conversation was the one cutscene I was anticipating the most as they’re both favs of mine. I personally wasn’t disappointed but I wanted so much more lol.

Honestly I think it was just setting up that there’s more to Luxord than we expected. Xigbar didn’t know him either, but now he is aware that Luxord is suspicious of him, he is probably going to keep an eye on him. These two will more than likely be confronting each other again in the future.

My question is, if Luxord suspected him, why didn’t he confront Xigbar when they were in the Organization previously? Unless, at that time, Luxord had no reason to confront him. After he recompleted the first time, maybe something happened in Luxord’s world that gave him the reason to rejoin the Organization. That reason could be a number of things: could be Yozora-related, the box or even him just investigating who Luxu is. Guess we’ll just have to see.

I personally don’t believe Demyx is the MoM for a number of reasons but I wont go into that. There’s always a chance he could be though. I’d rather him be just the way he is, perhaps as apart of the Verum world like Luxord. I was hoping for some more information on him too but maybe we’ll get something with UX. That being said though I always enjoy some Demyx time lol.

I don’t recall Nomura stating we would find out what was in the box in KH3 but I’ll have to do some research there. I personally never expected any information on the box to come out in this game. Probably the next one or KH4 as KH3 was just the teaser. Like you suggested though, they could’ve just had to cut it for time. I wouldn’t put it past that Disney and Square were hounding them to finish.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

1) & 2) Feel like these scenes being just now included in ReMind made them seem more important then they should have been. Those scenes just were there to make us aware that there's more going on with them and they'll return.

3) He also said that the MoM wouldn't appear seems those things got swapped around. I guess you could argue that we know what's in the box "HOPE", but what exactly that is we don't know.

4) The Vanitas & Darkness thing is weird. I take it that the implication is that Vanitas is more than just Ven's darkness, but probably also part of the being known as Darkness. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd return.
[USER=242987]@Nanelle[/USER] has a really good take on the situation with Ven's Station of awakening.

5) I actually feel this game does help me get a better feeling for what happened. It seems that when you reach a place where you already exist you have to reenact and redo what ever you did before. I guess the Final World is a bit disconnected from regular time so Naminé could act to help them while previously she didn't. It looks to me that the rewrite and the events prior to it are still all in the same timeline, seeing the old events are still accessible via Time Travel.

6) Well Mickey stated that Xehanort crystallized her for later use. I wasn't under the impression that Sora got the last two from Riku and Mickey themselves, but obtained them through them.
I could be wrong, but I thought the fragments were with the replicas and Riku and Mickey just freed them, which let Sora retrieve them.

Honestly it so unclear why Sora needed to trace 7 hearts that it feels like two story lines were combined as some point like Sora was originally going to obtain a crystal after every guardian, but that was later changed. With the Riku and Mickey segments still somewhat reflecting that original plan.

7) My impression is basically what [USER=212126]@Ballad of Caius[/USER] said

8) Actually with the events with the clock tower trio probably did happen in the rewritten Timeline, just past Sora wasn't aware of it (future Sora taking control and all) and therefore couldn't remember them and we didn't see them because we were following past Sora at that time. Or at least that's my reading of the situation.

Sora could intervene, but not in a way that'd alter the way things unfolded for him the last time around. Again it' super unclear.

MRKDH

Awards
1-3)I was hoping too we will get a little bit more information about Luxord, Demyx and the box. Instead of showing us half of the scenes we‘ve already known, i’m sure they could‘ve shown something without giving too much away. I‘m afraid the whole Luxord-Yozora-storyline is the new black box and we wont hear or see anything relevant of them for the next years. And Demyx? At this point i’m not sure anymore if he has any special role or is even important.
4) My first thought was there are 2 different darkness’s in Ven‘s heart; his own( Vanitas) and another one that took the form of the dark inferno heartless and spoke to Sora.(probably the person/being who appeared in KHUX. Maybe they sealed it in his heart ). But now i‘m not really sure anymore.
8) Tbh,i think this whole timetravel-part is a mess. Everytime they mentioned it or tried to explain, it gets more confusing. I‘m starting to feel they‘re just making up new rules or consequences as they see fit.

ZeVaine

Awards

Sora could intervene, but not in a way that'd alter the way things unfolded for him the last time around. Again it' super unclear.

Sora couldn't change the events of the past, but could gather the pieces of Kairi from that time, and revive her in the future/present... At least that's what seems to make sense?

The rules of time-travel are seemingly as set in stone, and not set in stone, dependent on when it is narrative-ly convenient.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Sora couldn't change the events of the past, but could gather the pieces of Kairi from that time, and revive her in the future/present... At least that's what seems to make sense?

The rules of time-travel are seemingly as set in stone, and not set in stone, dependent on when it is narrative-ly convenient.
The best way I can describe/explain it is he can't change the events he himself witnessed in the past, but things outside of his view that don't directly effect his perception of the past can be altered. if that makes any sense.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think it's fair to say half of those points are things they "forgot" when they are just points you'd love to learn more about.A lot if it is still just future teases and musings. I do think the Re Mind episode is clumsily put together though. Especially if you're someone who played the game over again in anticipation lol. In terms of the time travelling and the rift, I don't really find it particularly confusing anymore. I'm not really sure about the spoiler policy so I'll just tag everything.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sorry I can't explain myself in a clear way. I often feel like I understand things in my mind in a very conceptual way but I can't exactly put it into words.

NoWay

Awards
Maybe Demyx is also from the Verum Rex universe.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Maybe Demyx is also from the Verum Rex universe.
Judging by the fact that Luxord ended up being from Yozora's universe, and Demyx hasn't appeared in a KHUx update, yes, this is possible. He's either an important character in Verum Rex like Luxord, or just a random civilian that somehow got mixed up into all of this.

Back