• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I feel like Leon going by Squall again should be a decision he makes in front of Sora. So I'm hoping they hold that off when Sora returns to Radiant Garden in the future
"Sora I'm letting you know that I'm going back to my old name. From now on you may refer to me as Hart."

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I think I should've made this on the time of the new year, but now that 2020 has started, which Voice actor(s) were you most excited to see show up in the KH series during the 2010's decade (2010-2019) and which voice actor (A-B list actor, voice actor from anime and cartoons, and the original actors from the Disney films) are you most excited or you would like to show up for KH3: ReMind and the next KH games for the Forteller saga.

For me, the 2010's decade was a very exciting year for voice actors who made their KH debut (BBS, DDD, II.8 Final Chapter Prologue, KH3). We got some A-B list actors such as Mark Hamill as Master Eraqus, the late Leonard Nimoy and Rutger Hauer respectively as Master Xehanort, along with CW regulars such as Jason Dohring and Willa Holland as Terra and Aqua; The original actors from the Disney films reprising their roles (Jason Alexander, Zachary Levi, Donna Murphy, the Cast from Frozen (especially Idina Menzel), the Big Hero 6 cast (minus Damon Wayans Jr.), Wallace Shawn, John Ratzenberger, Kevin R. McNally, etc..); and many voice actors from cartoons and/or anime making their debut (e.g. Ben Diskin, Phil LaMarr, Kari Wahlgren, Fred Tatasciore, Mick Wingert, Tom Kenny, Carlos Alazraqui, David Kaye, Ray Chase, Max Mittelman, Matthew Mercer, Lara Jill Miller).

Plus with Kingdom Hearts III, the NPC's officially got voices and it was exciting seeing and hearing the likes of Cristina Vee, Erika Harlacher, JP Karliak, Tara Platt, G.K. Bowes, Karen Strassman, Keith Silverstein, Patrick Seitz among many others as Additional voices and hopefully the trend continues for the next KH games

I'm hoping for the 2020's decade we get more new A-B list actors involved for the next KH games and Re: Union X (if it gets a console remake)

Last edited:

OrionGold

Awards
I think I should've made this on the time of the new year, but now that 2020 has started, which Voice actor(s) were you most excited to see show up in the KH series during the 2010's decade (2010-2019) and which voice actor (A-B list actor, voice actor from anime and cartoons, and the original actors from the Disney films) are you most excited or you would like to show up for KH3: ReMind and the next KH games for the Forteller saga.

For me, the 2010's decade was a very exciting year for voice actors who made their KH debut (BBS, DDD, II.8 Final Chapter Prologue, KH3). We got some A-B list actors such as Mark Hamill as Master Eraqus, the late Leonard Nimoy and Rutger Hauer respectively as Master Xehanort, along with CW regulars such as Jason Dohring and Willa Holland as Terra and Aqua; The original actors from the Disney films reprising their roles (Jason Alexander, Zachary Levi, Donna Murphy, the Cast from Frozen (especially Idina Menzel), the Big Hero 6 cast (minus Damon Wayans Jr., Wallace Shawn, John Ratzenberger, Kevin R. McNally, etc..), many voice actors from cartoons and/or anime making their debut (e.g. Ben Diskin, Phil LaMarr, Kari Wahlgren, Fred Tatasciore, Mick Wingert, Tom Kenny, Carlos Alazraqui, David Kaye, Ray Chase, Max Mittelman, Matthew Mercer, Lara Jill Miller).

Plus with Kingdom Hearts III since the NPC's officially got voices it was exciting seeing and hearing the likes of Cristina Vee, Erika Harlacher, JP Karliak, Tara Platt, Karen Strassman, Patrick Seitz among many others as Additional voices and hopefully the trend continues.

I'm hoping for the 2020's decade we get more new A-B list actors involved for the next KH games and Re: Union X (if it gets a console remake)
For me, I would want Steve Blum. The guy appears everywhere in voiced media and yet he doesn't have a role in this series yet. It would be great for him to finally voice a character in Kingdom Hearts.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
For me, I would want Steve Blum. The guy appears everywhere in voiced media and yet he doesn't have a role in this series yet. It would be great for him to finally voice a character in Kingdom Hearts.
Yes, I've wanted to hear Steve Blum's voice in KH for so long. I could see him playing a character in Verum Rex. Possibly one of Yozora's companions

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Me too, it surprises they haven't used Steve Blum in ANY KH game yet, I also would like to see Yuri Lowenthal, Laura Bailey, Ali Hillis and Stephanie Sheh make an appearance in a KH game either voicing an original, Disney or Final Fantasy character (in Laura Bailey and Ali Hillis' case), especially the former given his wife Tara Platt did additional voices in Kingdom Hearts III.

Last edited:

GreyouTT

Awards
Me too, it surprises they haven't used Steve Blum in ANY KH game yet, I also would like to see Yuri Lowenthal, Laura Bailey, Ali Hillis and Stephanie Sheh make an appearance in a KH game either voicing an original, Disney or Final Fantasy character (in Laura Bailey and Ali Hillis' case), especially the former given his wife Tara Platt did additional voices in Kingdom Hearts III.

If it's not a Union dub, Steve won't show up in it.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
If it's not a Union dub, Steve won't show up in it.
You do realize that MOST of the Kingdom Hearts games since the first game have ALWAYS been union not to mention Disney's involvement and the many actors involved (Haley Joel Osment, Corey Burton, Jim Cummings, Alyson Stoner, Mark Hamilll, Tom Kenny, Ming-Na Wen, Kristen Bell, etc..).

In fact every Disney project (film, television and video game related) has been Union.

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
So this is a pretty interesting thing I found out by watching a Japanese playthrough of kh3. Evidentiary Mickey was voiced by two actors in that version. His longtime actor Takeshi Aoyagi retired from the role in 2018 but evidently did some recording for kh3. His replacement Takanori Hoshino filled in for him for the rest of the game.

Source:

Time: 3:10:23

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I was watching someone streaming Re:mind on YouTube, and just wanted to point out that Master Xehanort does indeed have a new voice actor. I'm not sure if they replaced Rutger Hauer's voice in the base game, but in Re:mind it is definitely not him.

New guy sounds a LOT like Christopher Lloyd, so kudos if it is him. I actually remember hearing him as a suggestion for when Leonard Nimoy passed away. And honestly a good pick for Xehanort as well.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was watching someone streaming Re:mind on YouTube, and just wanted to point out that Master Xehanort does indeed have a new voice actor. I'm not sure if they replaced Rutger Hauer's voice in the base game, but in Re:mind it is definitely not him.

New guy sounds a LOT like Christopher Lloyd, so kudos if it is him. I actually remember hearing him as a suggestion for when Leonard Nimoy passed away. And honestly a good pick for Xehanort as well.
It is him.

Kirankrt

Christopher Lloyd as Xehanort...

I wish they used him from the beginning. He just fits it more than Hauer.
for exmaple his delivery of “open now and show me the world to come!” Is a lot more emotional, you can feel the excitement of a old man whose waited his whole life for this moment.

Hauer...just sounds like “open now and give me my paycheque to come!”.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
So Yozora is
Spoiler Spoiler Show
huh?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Whoa Dylan Sprouse, that's a name I didn't expect to see him voice Yozora.
I assumed that Dylan retired from acting and went into business, while his brother Cole was the one who was active in acting.

Any word on who voices Aerith, Yuffie and the Fairy Godmother in ReMind?

Christopher Lloyd as Xehanort...

I wish they used him from the beginning. He just fits it more than Hauer.
for exmaple his delivery of “open now and show me the world to come!” Is a lot more emotional, you can feel the excitement of a old man whose waited his whole life for this moment.

Hauer...just sounds like “open now and give me my paycheque to come!”.
Same, In fact Christopher Lloyd was one of my picks to voice Master Xehanort following Leonard Nimoy's passing and before the release of Kingdom Hearts III.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
Whoa Dylan Sprouse, that's a name I didn't expect to see him voice Yozora. I assumed that he retired from acting and went into business while his brother Cole was the one who was active in acting.

Any word on who voices Aerith, Yuffie and the Fairy Godmother in ReMind?

Same, In fact Christopher Lloyd was one of my picks to voice Master Xehanort following Leonard Nimoy's passing and before the release of Kingdom Hearts III.
I don't have proof but I'm certain Aerith is Andrea Bowen, Yuffie is still Mae Whitman which is pretty great, and I didn't actually hear or see Fairy Godmother so I can't comment

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm editing your posts to expand the spoiler tags because everyone is able to figure out who you were talking about instantly. Please try to be more careful.

Last edited:
Back