• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura discusses Kingdom Hearts 3 Re Mind, new teams and future projects in Twitter Q&A

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
That's good news about another new project coming soon. Maybe I won't be a old fossil by the time KH4 arrives after-all, lol.

mriku90

Awards
Nomura just basically suggested the next game will be Sora/Kairi centric. So Kairi being playable in the DLC was a set up for her being playable in the next game full on.

Which is fantastic news.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Q3 So there won't be a KH3 Final Mix? What about a physical release of this?
There are no concrete plans right now. We might think about something when a new console releases, but I'm not thinking about whether that something will be a Final Mix.
That's pretty much what I thought--that a physical release might be most likely to happen as a re-release on the PS5 or something.

Q8 Early on you said you wanted to add the equivalent of one world - did that change?
Actually, we did start designing and planning a new world, but the reasoning why just this world would be added in after being separate didn't sit well with me. In the end I decided that it would be better to work it in properly from the start next time there's a chance. All the new content added with Re Mind put together makes more than one world's worth of content. In particular, it was a lot of work making this many bosses.

I'm going to take an educated guess here and assume this has to do with the new announcement for Union X. lol
I actually took that to be referring to a world seen only in cutscenes ('after being separate' and 'why just this world' versus all the ones only seen in cutscene). My guess is Radiant Garden really, but perhaps Land of Departure.

ZinC Podzzz

Awards
That's pretty much what I thought--that a physical release might be most likely to happen as a re-release on the PS5 or something.

I actually took that to be referring to a world seen only in cutscenes ('after being separate' and 'why just this world' versus all the ones only seen in cutscene). My guess is Radiant Garden really, but perhaps Land of Departure.
Yeah I thought Radiant Garden, too. Though I didn't think of Land of Departure coming back. That would be interesting.

mriku90

Awards
Glad we get to fight Xion. I want to be conflicted.

He did?

Are there any plans for further updates or DLC?
There are no plans for a hypothetical update as of now, but if issues come up we will deal with it. Re Mind is to be the first and only DLC. We are already working on the next title. The title screen of Re Mind serves as a piece of foundation for it.

The title screen is the Sora and Kairi both with paopu fruit. Also they added in that Sora says something to Kairi prior to disappearing so I imagine she will be playing a huge part in the next title and likely she may even be the main playable protagonist this time along with Riku.

2 quid is good

Awards
The story developments of KH3 didn't provide a reason to stop by Radiant Garden, plus work related issues.

Someone check on Nomura, he keeps trying to speak this line into existence, it doesn't really work like that. Look:

I am tall
I am tall
I am tall

Oh no I'm still 5ft 1

Violet Pluto

Awards
Someone check on Nomura, he keeps trying to speak this line into existence, it doesn't really work like that. Look:

I am tall
I am tall
I am tall

Oh no I'm still 5ft 1
You are taller than a good portion of the population. You are tall.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
This is exciting news as we've got not one but two new Kingdom Hearts games in development, unless if that other game is really KHIV.

Square Enix can still reuse the character models (e.g. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald, Goofy, Roxas, Ventus, Aqua, The Foretellers, Xigbar etc..) and worlds (e.g. Twilight Town, Radiant Garden, Destiny Islands, Toy Box, Arendelle) from Kingdom Hearts III for the next KH games without restarting from scratch again so development will move a lot faster than in previous KH titles, however when it comes to the new Disney/Original worlds and characters they create, it may take them another year or two to develop. I do expect the next new KH game for the PS5 (or whichever console it's releasing) to come out around mid-late 2021 and the next KH game by 2022 or 2023, mainly the former as it's the 20th anniversary of the first KH game and the KH franchise and going by the release pattern on how they release a new Kingdom Hearts game, it's usually 1-2 or 3-4 years for a new KH game (depending of the KH title) to come out.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I thought Radiant Garden on the grounds its segment felt like there was going to be so much more to it than the...2 minutes of cutscene (?) and spot for the data battles (then again, Land of Departure ALSO felt like there was meant to be more to it.) If that is what's being talked about, then we might get it as the first world next time. Maybe. Hopefully.

Back