• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [UPDATED] Square Enix removes reference to a new world in Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

UPDATE: Square Enix have since amended the blog post to remove the part referencing a new world.

Square Enix released a look back at Kingdom Hearts in 2019, but the most interesting part was in the Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind portion of the blog post where they seemingly revealed that Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind will include a new world.

Back in June, shortly before E3, we revealed a new DLC expansion for KINGDOM HEARTS III. Then, during the PlayStation State of Play broadcast this very month, we announced the PS4 release date!

In case you missed that, the Re Mind DLC launches for PlayStation 4 on January 23, 2020, and 25 February, 2020 on Xbox One!

The expansion adds a host of new content, including a new world, additional story content, some very cool new Keyblades, challenging boss battles, loads more options for photo mode, and a new menu that lets you tweak the difficulty in some exciting new ways.

Perhaps most excitingly for fans, it also brings back characters from the FINAL FANTASY series, including Aerith and Leon.

The Re Mind DLC is available to pre-order now. Alternatively, you can pre-order the KINGDOM HEARTS III Re Mind + Concert Video bundle, which also includes footage from the KINGDOM HEARTS – World of Tres – Orchestra concert in Osaka.

It's currently unknown whether or not Square Enix is referring to an expanded world, such as Scala ad Caelum, or something like the realm where Sora fights the Organization as part of the Limit Cut Episode, but with Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind launching on Thursday we won't have to wait long to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm like, fully expecting that they meant a world that isn't new (such as Scala, since we did have some access to that world) but the last Secret Episode we got included a new "world" (The Dark Realm) to play through and we currently have no idea what else the secret episode entails other than meeting Yozora at the place where night sky meets water so who knows....?

Noivern

Awards
I'm gonna bet it's Radiant Garden. We at least got some semblance of control in Scala, but RG was a pure cutscene world.

drew0512

Awards
Doesn't this kind of confirm new keyblades besides Oathkeeper and Oblivion too? It would be weird to talk about stuff from the free update, especially considering they didn't mention the rest.

2 quid is good

Awards
Guys, it was a fuck up, they already changed it unknown-6.png
I saw the original version too and it did say "including a new world" but it definitely was referring to scala.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I was going to say it was either Scala or Radiant Garden. I didn't think it would be a Disney World. Assuming this still holds.

AleMustDie

Awards
Removed from Blog?
Obviously it's the Yozora's World.
Maybe could we get a little Preview of KH4?

UltimaXOmega

Doesn't this kind of confirm new keyblades besides Oathkeeper and Oblivion too? It would be weird to talk about stuff from the free update, especially considering they didn't mention the rest.
Unfortunately it's likely referring to Oathkeeper and Oblivion. This is why I'm waiting to buy until/unless Scala is a confirmed full world and there's new Keyblades in the paid DLC.

Venitas

I'm gonna guess that the Scala exploration will be about the same length of Cavern of Rememberance. I wouldnt be surprised if the end of the Scala dungeon ends in an area where we access the Organization fights.

GreyouTT

Awards
HMMMM?
F23KTL6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back