• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Series Character Files releasing February 20, 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix will be releasing the Kingdom Hearts Series Character Files on February 20th, 2020! This handy book contains information about more than 200 characters from throughout the series, and also includes new short stories written by Tomoco Kanemaki.

The book is 224 pages long and will cost 3,080円 (roughly $28.32 USD).

A complete introduction of all the charming characters from throughout the series, from the original Kingdom Hearts to Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind.

Introducing over 200 characters with highlights from memorable scenes! Includes new short stories written by Tomoco Kanemaki revolving around characters who are deeply involved in the story.

CHAPTER 1 Guardians of Light and those connected to them
CHAPTER 2 Real Organization XIII and the Power of Darkness
CHAPTER 3 Characters from the worlds
CHAPTER 4 Ancient Keyblade Wielders

Update 12/12/19: Dandelion has translated the preview of Xigbar's story:

This is a story from long, long ago...

People lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. But then, people began to fight over the light and darkness was born in their hearts. It swallowed everything and the world disappeared. But...

If you're asking me when this happened, I mean, it's an old legend so who knows? If you're asking me to come up with an answer this very second, all I can say was that it was a long, long time ago. You're looking at me like you're pretty lost. Whatever. You don't have to understand it right now. Can't say it wouldn't help, though.

You understand it's dumb to judge a book by its cover, right? Well, maybe we shouldn't judge a box by its color. I mean, is a "Black Box" actually black? What kind of black? Was it ever black at all? Only fools search for the unfindable, and that's why they don't know what the Black Box actually is or what's inside.

Here's another old story: A black goat sent a white goat a letter. The white goat ate the letter and realized he never read it, so the white goat sent a new letter to the black goat, asking what he wrote. The black goat ate the white goat's letter before he got the chance to read it, and so the story goes on and on without end.

But...

What if one day, the black goat sends the white goat off to find the letter which has now been hidden away. Now, why oh why would he hide it?

Only one person has ever asked me a question like that. I think that person understood not to judge a book by its cover. Unless he "knew" something else... After all, there's a big difference between "understanding" something and "knowing" it.

Is it possible that person was... ha! As if. I need to stop talking to myself.

Now. Back to the Black Box. Why did it disappear? Since the Age of Fairy Tales, that box was to be protected by Keyblade wielders. But here we are, eons later, and it's vanished without a trace. Why am I looking for it? We're juggling a lot in this story; what exactly are you asking?

Did all this happen back when I had a different name? That's right. Way, way back then.

Luxu—that was my name. You're asking me if I'd forgotten my own name? As if. That's not something someone just forgets, right?

There were six Foretellers.* Who were the Foretellers, you ask? They're people who foretell— well, to be more accurate, they're the ones who were entrusted with copies of the Book of Prophecies. Man, those were the good ol' days. All this happened way back in my youth. Yes, even I had a training period. Don't look at me like that, I know it's hard to believe.

Question: if I told you the world was going to end, what would you do? Would you accept it as inevitable, or would you think that you had to do something to stop it?

Remember what I just told you about the Black Box. No one really understands what kind of "black" it is. And what is the end of the world in the first place? Will the end be pitch black, or pure white? No one understands what will actually happen. Well, actually, there was someone—a person who did know the truth. That person gave the Foretellers roles along with the Book of Prophecies. Each role was different. I don't know what he was thinking when he gave me this one.

And I don't understand whether it was the right thing, either.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
SQUARE ENIX. ARE YOU DONE NOW. PLS HAVE MERCY

Oh this looks and sounds really cool. Any chances of it coming to the west?

Not yet! We'll keep you posted~

Any

Awards
Queen of writing is back to give us legendary stories. I’m ready!

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
What's that, Square? You want me to spend even more money on this franchise? Well, don't mind if I do! :love: Seriously, I'd love it if we get this translated because this has so much potential. Including the short story, I wonder what that could be about.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Inb4 the stories are cannon 🤣

The stories are canon. If the games do not contradict them otherwise, anything Kanemaki writes can be considered a form of canon information as Nomura provides her with supplemental information about the games to add into the novels and oversees their creation.

The novels thus far have been home for revealing that heartless and nobodies once both killed can be returned as a full human (KH2 novels), that Axel was coming back to life (KH2 novels), that Vanitas remembers the UX past unlike Ven (KH3 novels), and a ton of other information.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The stories are canon. If the games do not contradict them otherwise, anything Kanemaki writes can be considered a form of canon information as Nomura provides her with supplemental information about the games to add into the novels and oversees their creation.

The novels thus far have been home for revealing that heartless and nobodies once both killed can be returned as a full human (KH2 novels), that Axel was coming back to life (KH2 novels), that Vanitas remembers the UX past unlike Ven (KH3 novels), and a ton of other information.
Terra likes eating nutty foods is all I took away from BBS’s canonicity.

Any

Awards
Not trying to validate the novels canonicity (yeah I am) and certain people didn’t know this but Vanitas was correct about Ventus having black masses in his heart thanks to what we saw in the dlc trailer.

kristi-swat

Awards

I should read all the novels. I’ve bought them all but no time :( didn’t know about the KH3 one, thanks for the info

Back