• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ReMind Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Delsin Rowe

Okay, I wanted to create this thread for those who want to discuss the big dlc expansion coming for KH3. If there already is a thread like this on the site already, I'm sorry I didn't know and please dont hate me for it. So in this thread, I wanna discuss the big things coming to the dlc and what it could mean for the future of the Kingdom Hearts series. So we know the dlc will come with three big pieces of content. 1. ReMind Scenario, a new story that takes place after the main game, we can tell from the dialogue in the new trailer with of course Riku talking to Aerith,Leon, and Yuffie. Nomura has confirmed that the sections where we are playing as different characters will be a part of the ReMind Scenario, and the section with the Guardians of Light fighting against the Xehanort Replicas in the new trailer are also apart of it. Also, playable Kairi hype! 2. Limit cut episode, basically content added to the main game. From what we know so far, the content being added are of course new photo mode,slideshow mode, fast past mode, black code, and the infamous data battles that were introduced in KH2. Now my theory is that the new explorable Scala is going to be this game's version of the Cavern of Remembrance that will lead to the data battles And for those who don't know what data battles are, they are basically one on one superboss fights against each member of Organization 13, we've seen Vanitas,Xigbar,Terranort,Xemnas,Ansem,Dark Riku, and Larxene's data battles, we've not seen Saix,Luxord,Marluxia,Xion,Young Xehanort, and Master Xehanort's data battles yet. 3. Secret episode, I'm predicting this will take place after the ReMind Scenario and that the secret boss is going to be Yozora from what we've seen from the new trailer. Not much else to discuss about since we know very little of it. And that's basically what this thread is all about, let me know your guys thoughts on what we might see in the dlc and what you want to see in it.

Eonstar890

Awards
I agree with most of what you said except for Scala, I feel that will be apart of the ReMind scenario seeing as how in the main game you don't get to scala until the very end plus you only have access to like a ten foot square before triggering the final fight.

It would make sense to me if the "data battles" used the battlegate feature already in use in the game, and I could see them being placed within the maze in the areas where you originally fought that boss. Either that or maybe in the final world area.

I feel that the part where Sora is running around the world of Scala most likely happens during his journey to rescue Kairi. He has no party members during those scenes unlike the first time where he is with Donald and Goofy.

On another note, I am interested to see if Xion will actually have a solo boss fight. During the main play through we only ever semi battle her and she doesn't actually have an original fighting style during that fight, but instead mimics Saix. So if she does end up receiving her own battle gate it would be quite interesting to see what they do for her...

Delsin Rowe

Yeah, there have been two questions that came to my mid regarding the data battles. 1. Will Master Xehanort have a completely new boss fight or just his old one? 2. Will Xion have a data battle of her own considering she was a seeker of darkness at one point. Its going to be very interesting to when the dlc comes out on the 23rd.

the red monster

Awards
On another note, I am interested to see if Xion will actually have a solo boss fight. During the main play through we only ever semi battle her and she doesn't actually have an original fighting style during that fight, but instead mimics Saix. So if she does end up receiving her own battle gate it would be quite interesting to see what they do for her...
Damn i didn't think about it. data xion fight will be great.

Awards
Kairi being playable and showing us her full potential as a keyslinger beyond bonking a few Shadows is a dream come true, but I'm concerned there won't be much in-story justification for how and why she can kick so much ass at the point she gets to do so. Or maybe her getting kidnapped was full cutscene incompetence mode that every character gets stuck with for at least one point or another in this game. Then again, the journal's story section explicitly called out Kairi and Axel's inexperience with the Keyblade as a reason why they wound up so weak.

......Ah, screw it, I'm gonna enjoy this for as long as it lasts. It worked out well for me when I first played KH3.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I feel that the part where Sora is running around the world of Scala most likely happens during his journey to rescue Kairi. He has no party members during those scenes unlike the first time where he is with Donald and Goofy.

It makes me wonder when exactly does the scene with Riku in Hollow Bastion take place, because if Sora went back in time to the Keyblade Graveyard, he still should be there for at least a part of it. Maybe it's after the ending itself? That's the only time I can think of.

Cause it sounds like he finds Kairi eventually somewhere, and they both end up in The Final World somehow. Before she wasn't there though, cause in the last trailer, Sora was asking Chirithy about her status in TFW. Then she and Sora are fighting Armored Xehanort somewhere in the Keyblade Graveyard due to the Command Menu design. If she's in Scala, I wonder how in the world she ended up there.

Eonstar890

Awards
All the scenes with Riku are happening after Sora goes to find Kairi. So while Sora is doing whatever time hopping reality rewriting thingy, Riku goes off to find ways of rescuing him. Either that or it takes place after Kairi is returned and Sora fades away. Either way, it definitely appears as if Riku is trying to find a way to bring Sora back.

another thing I didn’t mention originally that has me very hyped is the scene where Aqua mentions not being alone anymore. I am really hoping this hints at my precious wayfinder trio having some sort of playability in this game together or (and this is me being a hopeless dreamer) a new title focused around them in the future. I love those three so anything that gives them more game time I am here for.

GreyouTT

Awards
I agree that Scala is gonna be the CoR for the Data Battles. There's a room in UX that's used for the Organization events that leads to data versions of them, and it looks A LOT like Scala.

Unknown_room_KHX.png

Though I think the only things affecting the main game proper are Fast Pass/Black Code and the new keyblades.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I see her Data counterpart either mirroring Sora's abilities or cycling through the Organizations move sets. Both would make her formidable.

I would love them to be creative with her replication powers.

Kairi being playable and showing us her full potential as a keyslinger beyond bonking a few Shadows is a dream come true, but I'm concerned there won't be much in-story justification for how and why she can kick so much ass at the point she gets to do so. Or maybe her getting kidnapped was full cutscene incompetence mode that every character gets stuck with for at least one point or another in this game. Then again, the journal's story section explicitly called out Kairi and Axel's inexperience with the Keyblade as a reason why they wound up so weak.

I've been jocking to myself that Kairi must have pulled a Goku and trained like crazy in the afterlife.

I doubt it'd be explained too much unless she and Sora end up on a journey that'd make her stronger.

I also feel she must have suffered from Cutscene incompetance, as well though, seeing all her training would definitely amount to more than what we saw.

I do hope that we get a bit of a explanation to why she now can kick Xehanorts butt, but don't expect it.

Awards
I do hope that we get a bit of a explanation to why she now can kick Xehanorts butt, but don't expect it.

Well, she's evidently using a Shotlock in the second half of the "Holy $#!+ Kairi's playable" footage. That's all the explanation we need about that part, because Shotlocks, am I right?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The "Holy $#!+ Kairi's playable" footage

I though it was the "*Excited Squeal* Holy $#¡+ Kairi's finally playable" footage.

Well, she's evidently using a Shotlock in the second half of the "Holy $#!+ Kairi's playable" footage. That's all the explanation we need about that part, because Shotlocks, am I right?
Well her Shotlock is rather strong looking so, I guess so.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I also feel she must have suffered from Cutscene incompetance, as well though, seeing all her training would definitely amount to more than what we saw.

They could explain it by Kairi going "Before, I hesitated and ended up getting you into this mess... Now I won't. Now I know what I'm fighting for." It also helps that Sora's there to encourage her, of all people. But as important as Kairi is (since she's a Princess of Heart), it's not like she personally has a stake in any of this at all, other than Sora and Riku being involved. If she didn't have a Keyblade, she'd be attending class right now. So while I'm sure she took everything with the right amount of seriousness that it deserved, it's not like she specifically HAS to be there if they found another Keyblade wielder that was ready and willing.

With her lack of real-world battle experience, it's pretty impressive how strong she is, but since she was in KH's version of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, she absolutely should be. And honestly... It really could've just came down to nerves. Her first real outing as a Keyblade wielder, and it's a war that decides the fate of the universe. Most of these enemies are WAY more powerful than she is, more experienced, and she's the freshest one out of everyone else in the Keyblade Graveyard when it comes to combat. So when Xemnas grabs her, she probably was panicking and didn't know what to do. If that was the reason, then I completely understand.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
When it comes to Kairi...yeah I didn't want to bring that up because she's been treated so poorly in the past and it's great to see her get some spotlight. But putting my personal bias aside, it is head scratching that she is now able to even go toe to toe with Master Xehanort, storyline wise when she can barely keep up with Xion beforehand. I won't complain because Kairi deserves some love after being hated on all 2019. But this has the potential to create some big inconsistent problems in the future. When MoM and the Zoo-Keys (Foretellers) come to attack just stick Sora, Riku, TAV, RAX and whoever in Merlin's Time Chamber and boom! They'll be Keyblade Master level. This is likely how every character outside Sora and Riku are going to get strong for now on. But if handled right it could be okay. Still where was this chamber in KH1 and KH2? Who cares, Kairi is finally getting some respect.

I'm still hoping Lea, Xion, Ventus, and Terra are also playable too! Apparently that's asking for too much but come on! You can't tease me with that badass scene of the guardians all fighting together in the sky taking on all those Xehanort clones. I wanna actually play as Xion slaying her own species, via replica on replica violence. I can already tell that guardian segment will be my favorite part of ReMind. TAV and RAX finally fighting together with a dab of Riku and Mickey too :D

SS501

Awards
I just realized that the ending after Sora leaves to save Kairi, meaning all the scenes of Riku going to RG/Namine, everyone back together in Destiny islands etc is AFTER Sora has saved Kairi cause we can see Kairi at Destiny islands.

Meaning that the ending of main game KH3 is the ending of ReMind worldline/timeline, not the ending of the timeline that the main game takes place. Which explains why Kairi is there, cause this after Sora rewrote the events for the 2nd time.
So most of the KG events of the main game never actually happened in the ending's timeline.

Right?

edit: what i am trying to say is that Riku going to RG and bringing Namine back and everyone going to destiny islands doesn't happen at the same time as Remind (sora saving Kairi) but after.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I just realized that the ending after Sora leaves to save Kairi, meaning all the scenes of Riku going to RG/Namine, everyone back together in Destiny islands etc is AFTER Sora has saved Kairi cause we can see Kairi at Destiny islands.

Meaning that the ending of main game KH3 is the ending of ReMind worldline/timeline, not the ending of the timeline that the main game takes place. Which explains why Kairi is there, cause this after Sora rewrote the events for the 2nd time.
So most of the KG events of the main game never actually happened in the ending's timeline.

Right?

edit: what i am trying to say is that Riku going to RG and bringing Namine back and everyone going to destiny islands doesn't happen at the same time as Remind (sora saving Kairi) but after.

Yeah, most likely. I say it's pretty safe to assume that the Ending we saw is after the segment of Re:Mind where Sora saves Kairi. In other words we saw the aftermath of a version of the war, we have yet to see unfold. Meaning we currently don't know the canonical events of the war.

That said, seeing Sora rewound time, I'm not sure if the previous time lines even really still exist. This is something they'll hopefully explain at some point.

They could explain it by Kairi going "Before, I hesitated and ended up getting you into this mess... Now I won't. Now I know what I'm fighting for." It also helps that Sora's there to encourage her, of all people. But as important as Kairi is (since she's a Princess of Heart), it's not like she personally has a stake in any of this at all, other than Sora and Riku being involved. If she didn't have a Keyblade, she'd be attending class right now. So while I'm sure she took everything with the right amount of seriousness that it deserved, it's not like she specifically HAS to be there if they found another Keyblade wielder that was ready and willing.

With her lack of real-world battle experience, it's pretty impressive how strong she is, but since she was in KH's version of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, she absolutely should be. And honestly... It really could've just came down to nerves. Her first real outing as a Keyblade wielder, and it's a war that decides the fate of the universe. Most of these enemies are WAY more powerful than she is, more experienced, and she's the freshest one out of everyone else in the Keyblade Graveyard when it comes to combat. So when Xemnas grabs her, she probably was panicking and didn't know what to do. If that was the reason, then I completely understand.
I would mind if part of her spike in ability were explained that she's overcome her hesitance and doubt, knowing what those caused before and how they didn't keep her or her loved ones safe.

Still this would hardly be the first time strengths are inconsistent in this series, so I'd probably manage to give it a pass with the rule of cool.

When it comes to Kairi...yeah I didn't want to bring that up because she's been treated so poorly in the past and it's great to see her get some spotlight. But putting my personal bias aside, it is head scratching that she is now able to even go toe to toe with Master Xehanort, storyline wise when she can barely keep up with Xion beforehand. I won't complain because Kairi deserves some love after being hated on all 2019. But this has the potential to create some big inconsistent problems in the future. When MoM and the Zoo-Keys (Foretellers) come to attack just stick Sora, Riku, TAV, RAX and whoever in Merlin's Time Chamber and boom! They'll be Keyblade Master level. This is likely how every character outside Sora and Riku are going to get strong for now on. But if handled right it could be okay. Still where was this chamber in KH1 and KH2? Who cares, Kairi is finally getting some respect.

Yeah as excited as I am with the development, I do hope there's some justification. I mean this is a universe in which someone can get stronger really fast. Sora went from level 1 to his former strength (or even beyond) in a bit more than a month's time while in Castle oblivion. So Kairi doing some major fighting leading up to her "rematch" with Xehanort could help.

Also again the series is really inconsistent with the strengths of characters. Like one moment Terranort can take out multiple Guardians and the next Aqua and Ven can pretty easily keep both him and Vanitas at bay. Both enemies Aqua has defeated in the past.

Hopefully they'll hand wave an explanation for why the "place where time doesn't matter" can't constantly be accessed, maybe it's too draining for Merlin and the fairies to maintain.

I'm still hoping Lea, Xion, Ventus, and Terra are also playable too! Apparently that's asking for too much but come on! You can't tease me with that badass scene of the guardians all fighting together in the sky taking on all those Xehanort clones. I wanna actually play as Xion slaying her own species, via replica on replica violence. I can already tell that guardian segment will be my favorite part of ReMind. TAV and RAX finally fighting together with a dab of Riku and Mickey too :D

It's possible and if not, we'd still get to "play" as them in the guardians fend of the Seeker scripted fight we saw in the trailer. I'm definitely rather excited to play it.

Last edited:

Delsin Rowe

So here's the description of the latest trailer for those wondering.

Attachments

• unknown.png.bc564a09050414445f829d814e1d768b.png
    unknown.png.bc564a09050414445f829d814e1d768b.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 13

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's possible and if not, we'd still get to "play" as them in the guardians fend of the Seeker scripted fight we saw in the trailer. I'm definitely rather excited to play it.
That's true as it looks like you'll be controlling them all at some point during that segment, which still makes my hair stand on edge whenever I see it. That guardians vs nort segment is 100% what I wanted from KH3, all the heroes tightly together repelling attacks from Xehanort's crew. The only thing that could make it perfect is if Sora, Kairi, Namine, Donald, and Goofy were in that fight too with all the others. Who cares if Namine doesn't have a Keyblade, let her throw her sketchbook at the norts.

CDD

Awards
pretty sure kairi is stronger because she's fighitng to protect sora... just like sora/riku/ventus/aqua/etc found inner wells of strength when they were fighting for their loved ones. Type less, and think more. All of you.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That's true as it looks like you'll be controlling them all at some point during that segment, which still makes my hair stand on edge whenever I see it. That guardians vs nort segment is 100% what I wanted from KH3, all the heroes tightly together repelling attacks from Xehanort's crew. The only thing that could make it perfect is if Sora, Kairi, Namine, Donald, and Goofy were in that fight too with all the others. Who cares if Namine doesn't have a Keyblade, let her throw her sketchbook at the norts.
Agreed that It would have been awesome to have something like this in the main game. Even, if it were just the 7 (+2) Guardians in an initial on slot before the maze was raised.

Also personally I'd actually prefer Naminé not to be a fighter. I'm usually a big fan of action girls, but for her it just doesn't feel right. I personally envision her more as a Oracle (from batman) type character. That could help gather information and communicate between characters.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Agreed that It would have been awesome to have something like this in the main game. Even, if it were just the 7 (+2) Guardians in an initial on slot before the maze was raised.

Also personally I'd actually prefer Naminé not to be a fighter. I'm usually a big fan of action girls, but for her it just doesn't feel right. I personally envision her more as a Oracle (from batman) type character. That could help gather information and communicate between characters.
I'm fine with her not being a fighter either. I just wanted her in the "Miracle Hour" shot with all the other main characters in that awesome sequence. I'm personally fine with them not doing the sequence before the maze, because otherwise my boi Roxas wouldn't be in it. The eight characters they have in there are more then enough for me. Aqua, Xion, and Mickey will be my new trio when ReMind ends, lol.

Back