• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How can the story be "fixed" going forward?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Eonstar890

Awards
I know the "Dark Seeker Saga" is considered one big ol' Xehanort saga, but in actuality the production of it feels more like two sagas. KH1, CoM, and KH2, followed by Days, BBS, (Coded), DDD, and KH3. I mean it's fairly obvious that around the time KH2 was being developed, the rest of the saga was most definitely not planned out as is. KH2 has a pretty conclusive ending with hints at the next story, and teases to it in the Final Mix version. Then Days and BBS open up a whole new story arc, where Xehanort is actually introduced in full for the first time. Coded and DDD act as a way to bridge this new arc to the current cast and KH3 is the culmination of all these events.

Essentially, by the end of KH2, all plot lines introduced at that point had been resolved, and then future titles introduced the plot lines resolved by KH3. Because of this, I imagine that the next saga will probably span 5 games max, but more likely 4 + KHUx. This first "Saga" is only so long because it is really two sagas pretending to be one.

Thankfully with KH3, all the dangling threads have been wrapped up with past games (not quite as well as some of us may have hoped) meaning that hopefully the next saga can focus on future developments/ focus on the new lines introduced by KH3.

I'll be satisfied if the story going forward covers these topics:
What happened to Demyx at the end of KH3? What "price" exactly did Sora pay? What are Luxu's plans moving forward/ what does he know about Ava? Why does Maleficent want the black box? WHAT IS IN THE BLACK BOX? Why were Luxord, Demyx, Larxene, and Marluxia chosen? Who is subject X? (This one should include Lea and Isa in some way and even AtW but probably won't) Who is nameless star and who are they waiting for?

I am assuming that KHUx will have an actual ending at some point that will explain how Ventus and others exist both then and now which is why I did not include that here. I also have always viewed the secret endings as teasers of something the far future, so I don't mind if whatever is happening with Yozora isn't delved into until later. Especially because I do feel a few things have to happen before that scene could make any possible sense.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I know the "Dark Seeker Saga" is considered one big ol' Xehanort saga, but in actuality the production of it feels more like two sagas. KH1, CoM, and KH2, followed by Days, BBS, (Coded), DDD, and KH3. I mean it's fairly obvious that around the time KH2 was being developed, the rest of the saga was most definitely not planned out as is. KH2 has a pretty conclusive ending with hints at the next story, and teases to it in the Final Mix version. Then Days and BBS open up a whole new story arc, where Xehanort is actually introduced in full for the first time. Coded and DDD act as a way to bridge this new arc to the current cast and KH3 is the culmination of all these events.

Essentially, by the end of KH2, all plot lines introduced at that point had been resolved, and then future titles introduced the plot lines resolved by KH3. Because of this, I imagine that the next saga will probably span 5 games max, but more likely 4 + KHUx. This first "Saga" is only so long because it is really two sagas pretending to be one.

Thankfully with KH3, all the dangling threads have been wrapped up with past games (not quite as well as some of us may have hoped) meaning that hopefully the next saga can focus on future developments/ focus on the new lines introduced by KH3.

I'll be satisfied if the story going forward covers these topics:
What happened to Demyx at the end of KH3? What "price" exactly did Sora pay? What are Luxu's plans moving forward/ what does he know about Ava? Why does Maleficent want the black box? WHAT IS IN THE BLACK BOX? Why were Luxord, Demyx, Larxene, and Marluxia chosen? Who is subject X? (This one should include Lea and Isa in some way and even AtW but probably won't) Who is nameless star and who are they waiting for?

I am assuming that KHUx will have an actual ending at some point that will explain how Ventus and others exist both then and now which is why I did not include that here. I also have always viewed the secret endings as teasers of something the far future, so I don't mind if whatever is happening with Yozora isn't delved into until later. Especially because I do feel a few things have to happen before that scene could make any possible sense.

I've had this thought the other day, and I agree. KH1 -> CoM -> KH2 would be the Destiny Islands Trio saga, because the whole point of the three games were to reunite with each other and go back to the islands. KH2 was mostly about Sora going around looking for Riku and stopping Organization XIII (or what was left of them). KH2 Final Mix's secret ending was what really opened the doors to where we're at now.

Although, BBS started before KH1, but there's no rule that says a saga has to have its origins take place after the events of everything. KHX especially.

In terms of questions, I think there's a lot that will be answered in ReMIND. Stuff like the Black Box and Subject X probably won't be addressed too much because that's for another game entirely, but stuff like Demyx ghosting after delivering the replica and Sora's "price" could be touched on. Maleficent theorizes that the Book of Prophecies is in the box, and she wants to use it for power. Luxu's plans *might* be slightly more explained in the DLC but I could see it not being addressed at all.

I think where we're at now in the story, we're going to have to look towards KH Union Cross for a lot of the deeper answers, because it's possibly going to be another three years until we get another title out the door.

Eonstar890

Awards
I've had this thought the other day, and I agree. KH1 -> CoM -> KH2 would be the Destiny Islands Trio saga, because the whole point of the three games were to reunite with each other and go back to the islands. KH2 was mostly about Sora going around looking for Riku and stopping Organization XIII (or what was left of them). KH2 Final Mix's secret ending was what really opened the doors to where we're at now.

Although, BBS started before KH1, but there's no rule that says a saga has to have its origins take place after the events of everything. KHX especially.

In terms of questions, I think there's a lot that will be answered in ReMIND. Stuff like the Black Box and Subject X probably won't be addressed too much because that's for another game entirely, but stuff like Demyx ghosting after delivering the replica and Sora's "price" could be touched on. Maleficent theorizes that the Book of Prophecies is in the box, and she wants to use it for power. Luxu's plans *might* be slightly more explained in the DLC but I could see it not being addressed at all.

I think where we're at now in the story, we're going to have to look towards KH Union Cross for a lot of the deeper answers, because it's possibly going to be another three years until we get another title out the door.

Thank you, I am glad that somebody agrees on this point :)

If any of the questions I mentioned do get answered by ReMIND that would be amazing, but I feel like ReMIND is probably just going to introduce even more questions than answers. But I totally agree about KHUx. I definitely feel that some major events will take place in the ending of that story similar to the way BBS ending played out
(i.e. big tragedy/revelation of character origins/reveal of antagonist true goals)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Next week we should be getting a KHUx Story Update, so there's that as well to look forward and see where the story is gonna go. We also have to remember that the next KH game is already in development, so it means that whatever we get in these next two story updates for KHUx, and Re:MIND, then it means it'll all lead to KH4/Whatever.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I know the "Dark Seeker Saga" is considered one big ol' Xehanort saga, but in actuality the production of it feels more like two sagas. KH1, CoM, and KH2, followed by Days, BBS, (Coded), DDD, and KH3.
This sounds about right. KH1, CoM and KH2 together feel like a complete trilogy. Personally I'd use the Arcs and Saga model I used to use for Dragon Ball here.

With KH1, CoM and KH2 being the Destiny Arc and BBS, DDD and KH3 being the Master Xehanort Arc.

Days, feels like it could basically fit into either arc really, while it does set up some stuff for the Master Xehanort Arc, it also expands and develops stuff from the Destiny Arc.

Coded would be the filler that connects the Arcs of the Saga I guess.

Back