• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you think Disney will fit into the next game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If we're going the whole game without Donald and Goofy, they should just use all the Disney films I don't care about and save the real shit for my boys
It would be pretty hysterical for DDD Volume 2 to be the dumping ground for films like Cars and Home on the Range even if those films dont fit thematically with the game, lol

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
And maybe all of the worlds don't need to be full on death-themed, but I think stories that focus heavily on themes of change and letting go can also fit. Frozen 2 is a good one imo, so would Ralph Breaks the Internet, Toy Story 4 just to name a few modern ones.
Mmmmm.. Honestly, I think there are probably better fits. Frozen 2 and Ralph Breaks The Internet, at their core, are more about self-actualization and finding your place in the world. I guess that could help to re-affirm that Sora and Riku had already found there place in the world (with their friends), but I'm not sure how change, in that sense, connects to what seems to be Sora and Riku's current journey. Which seems to be centered around death and finding their way to eachother, and then back home.

Thematically, I think it would fit better with characters who have a difficult time accepting change and are unsure of how they should live their lives. Ya know what I mean? I guess it really depends on who has what arcs at the end of the day.

GreyouTT

Awards
If we are exploring world lines and alternate realities, I could see Shibuya as a hub to worlds we've been to before but in another form. So, Enchanted Dominion but the live action version with a friendly Maleficent. Or live action Wonderland.
I like this idea, especially since it fits with being in a real city.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think Disney will always be a part of Kingdom Hearts, however since they said they want to do at least one game before KH4, it is possible they try a Kingdom Hearts game without Disney worlds to really test the waters if it is possible. I actually don't like that idea but it's a possibility.
Ideally, It might be for the best if they essentially split the series in 2 at this point:

1. The main KH series that only has original characters/worlds, as it has "outgrown" the original premise of a Disney/Square mash-up & become it's own thing.

2. A Disney-heavy RPG spin-off series that's sorta like Mario RPG or WoFF but with Mickey & friends.

It's the best of both worlds in theory. The main KH series going forward won't have useless filler worlds taking 90+% of the playtime & have way more room to flesh out plot/characters. The Disney spin-off would appease the number of gamers who were mainly interested in Disney fanservice & never cared for the "anime garbage nonsense" that came with it.

Problem is, I just don't see it happening. Too many people would complain about KH not having Disney worlds anymore.

Look no further than the backlash for no FF characters in KH3. Does KH really need FF characters? Heck no, the last few games have proven how unnecessary they are. & Square realized they didn't need Disney's involvement to have FF crossovers, they could just do their own crossover games like Dissidia or the aforementioned WoFF. KH & FF outgrew each other & went their separate paths & it was for the best overall.

Didn't stop anyone from bitching about it.

KH strikes me as being stuck in a catch-22. It might be better off without Disney properties but then less people would buy the game & that's something the S-E execs won't be approving of so they'll never allow such game. So KH is forever stuck with filler worlds that contribute little to the overall narrative.

If we are exploring world lines and alternate realities, I could see Shibuya as a hub to worlds we've been to before but in another form. So, Enchanted Dominion but the live action version with a friendly Maleficent. Or live action Wonderland.

This, on the other hand, is actually kinda brilliant: "real world" Disney properties instead of the cartoon versions. It's about as clever a way as any of ever incorporating film remakes into the series.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
With the next game taking place in the Shinjuku/Shibuya areas, there doesn't seem to be room for much Disney stuff. Will it be a game without Disney worlds? Will there be a clever way to include it? Or is it just the one world with the boys moving onto another like DDD?

IMO, I think we'll have the area act as an actual HUB where we enter projections of the worlds ala UX/CoM. That way it keeps them stuck at the world without them leaving it right away.
I was thinking about this a bit. Maybe if Sora wins the Reaper's Game, he will gain access to The Underworld (and have to face Hades alone). We can actually get the Hades boss fight that we didn't get in KH3 and either end things in Olympus once and for all OR have Hades evolve beyond a world villain and decide to go after Sora.

I'm also hoping they connect the worlds by Sora's specific story. He's not using corridors of darkness or the Gummi ship, he has to use the deeper connections between worlds. So say it goes from Reaper's Game to The Underworld to Coco's Afterlife to Halloween Town (there's a door that appears during The Day of the Dead that leads to the woods with all the holiday doors). I would like something that would connect the worlds and have Sora be on his own with just the Disney partner and Riku.

disney233

Awards
Ideally, It might be for the best if they essentially split the series in 2 at this point:

1. The main KH series that only has original characters/worlds, as it has "outgrown" the original premise of a Disney/Square mash-up & become it's own thing.

2. A Disney-heavy RPG spin-off series that's sorta like Mario RPG or WoFF but with Mickey & friends.

It's the best of both worlds in theory. The main KH series going forward won't have useless filler worlds taking 90+% of the playtime & have way more room to flesh out plot/characters. The Disney spin-off would appease the number of gamers who were mainly interested in Disney fanservice & never cared for the "anime garbage nonsense" that came with it.

Problem is, I just don't see it happening. Too many people would complain about KH not having Disney worlds anymore.

Look no further than the backlash for no FF characters in KH3. Does KH really need FF characters? Heck no, the last few games have proven how unnecessary they are. & Square realized they didn't need Disney's involvement to have FF crossovers, they could just do their own crossover games like Dissidia or the aforementioned WoFF. KH & FF outgrew each other & went their separate paths & it was for the best overall.

KH strikes me as being stuck in a catch-22. It might be better off without Disney properties but then less people would buy the game & that's something the S-E execs won't be approving of so they'll never allow such game. So KH is forever stuck with filler worlds that contribute little to the overall narrative.
Now, I would agree that KH is stuck in a Disney filler limbo, BUT you also have to take into consideration that Disney IS the selling point of Kingdom Hearts. Odds are KH1 attracted people through either Disney or Final Fantasy, take it all away, and you may as well just call it a completely different game. It might also be the case since (I'm pretty sure) Sora & the gang were created by Square, BUT owned by Disney. That being said, as much as I agree with the filler, KH just wouldn't be the same. Sora's bond was based solely on his friendship with Donald & Goofy. There isn't really a trio with a bond AS strong as SDG....Except...I guess RAX.

As for a Disney RPG....if a Disney fighting game was scrapped in favor of Dissidia, & Disney Infinity was basically abandoned, then it's clear that Disney has no interest.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
They probably should've held back on PotC3 considering Davy Jones' locker is a place of death as well.
I'm of the opinion that the Disney worlds in KINGDOM HEARTS III served as teasers to what the overall narrative was gonna pull. Sora ending up in the Caribbean's iteration of the land of the dead is literally foreshadowing on him dying.

I noticed possible evidence to support this. During and just after the first visit to the Dark World, Mickey and Yen Sid speak of an 'abyss' below the Realm of Darkness.

Later in San Fransokyo/Final World Young Xehanort tells Sora that he will 'condemn [his] heart to the same abyss' by his misuse of the Power of Waking to chase hearts.
I mean, the Realm of the In-Between is literally a Realm between the Realms of Light and Darkness. Who's to say there isn't a space between the Final World and the normal Realms that hearts somehow find their way there? Maybe hearts that weren't couped by the Lich end up in that abyss?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
As for a Disney RPG....if a Disney fighting game was scrapped in favor of Dissidia, & Disney Infinity was basically abandoned, then it's clear that Disney has no interest.
It was Square who decided against Dissidia: KH, not Disney. Square decided to not even bother pitching the game to them to begin with. & DI died because the bottom was falling out on the whole toys-to-life genre. They lost a lot of money on the game. So neither of these are fair comparrisons.

disney233

Awards
It was Square who decided against Dissidia: KH, not Disney. Square decided to not even bother pitching the game to them to begin with. & DI died because the bottom was falling out on the whole toys-to-life genre. They lost a lot of money on the game. So neither of these are fair comparrisons.
Yeahhh, my fault on my end for my botched up....I can't even say research. In anycase, I stand by my point that a Disney RPG...probably wouldn't be possible. On a reality point of view, mixing KH into the equation, despite how filler it is, not sure if it's possible to make one as big as KH at this point in time.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

A truly ideal KH would be one where the Disney worlds are relevant and move the story forward instead of forcing the main story to an abrupt stop they can do nothing for hours, then say something thing that vaguely relates to it, while FF continues to be integrated characters of original worlds and guest stars in Disney.

And yet, those games with no FF characters have had many complaints about the lack of them. Nor does not having something prove it's unnecessary. It's been shown time and again how not having them leaves a big hole in KH, and SE's other crossover games don't fill this. They never can fill this, because they are not Kingdom Hearts. They are entirely separate things that serve entirely different purposes.

And here's the thing. So many complained about their exclusion in KH3 because their stories weren't resolved. Many wanted to know how Cloud's doing, the Restoration Committee's absence donks up the Radiant Garden plot thread entirely, we don't know what happened to Zack. From a story perspective, none of this is irrelevant. It doesn't matter that they're FF characters, they are part of the story. Plain and simple, and in a big finale that should be focusing on resolutions, they should have been included, at least the Committee's, yet instead we get a big fat nothing. Even Radiant Garden's general relevance is completely ignored. It's why even now you'll have people calling KH3 "unfinished" because its story lacks much of what it was promising or alluding to.

What makes this worse is, even if their absences is a result of time (they did lose a year of development, after all), that's no excuse to not mention at least the Committee. Stupid Seifer got one from a random NPC, but having Ienzo say something is apparently just to hard. It's a slap on the face for everyone who were rightfully expecting the Restoration Committee's return.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
A truly ideal KH would be one where the Disney worlds are relevant and move the story forward instead of forcing the main story to an abrupt stop they can do nothing for hours, then say something thing that vaguely relates to it, while FF continues to be integrated characters of original worlds and guest stars in Disney.

And yet, those games with no FF characters have had many complaints about the lack of them. Nor does not having something prove it's unnecessary. It's been shown time and again how not having them leaves a big hole in KH, and SE's other crossover games don't fill this. They never can fill this, because they are not Kingdom Hearts. They are entirely separate things that serve entirely different purposes.

And here's the thing. So many complained about their exclusion in KH3 because their stories weren't resolved. Many wanted to know how Cloud's doing, the Restoration Committee's absence donks up the Radiant Garden plot thread entirely, we don't know what happened to Zack. From a story perspective, none of this is irrelevant. It doesn't matter that they're FF characters, they are part of the story. Plain and simple, and in a big finale that should be focusing on resolutions, they should have been included, at least the Committee's, yet instead we get a big fat nothing. Even Radiant Garden's general relevance is completely ignored. It's why even now you'll have people calling KH3 "unfinished" because its story lacks much of what it was promising or alluding to.

What makes this worse is, even if their absences is a result of time (they did lose a year of development, after all), that's no excuse to not mention at least the Committee. Stupid Seifer got one from a random NPC, but having Ienzo say something is apparently just to hard. It's a slap on the face for everyone who were rightfully expecting the Restoration Committee's return.
I beat Sephiroth the other day in KH2 and I was wondering what resolution do we need about Cloud? The cutscene when he and Sephiroth vanishes suggests that he will overcome his darkness one day. Hollow Bastion is clearly restored in KH3, so the Restoration Committee's role is completed there. In terms of actually helping Sora fight the main villains (whether it be Ansem or The Organization), in the story the Final Fantasy characters pretty much didn't. The only time they helped was during the 1,000 heartless battle and that was because the heartless were attacking their home. Sure, they helped with Tron/DTD but that wasn't really anything.

If people want to condemn KH3 for not having the Final Fantasy characters at all, why not condemn the games that DID have them for not using them properly? If they are such a big part of the story, then why didn't Leon and the gang fly with Sora to the World That Never Was and help him fight? They clearly are able to leave their world (as Leon fights in the Coliseum). Leon can leave Hollow Bastion to fight in a tournament, but not fight the main villain and actually help Sora?

I think this is the issue with the Final Fantasy characters in KH and replaying past games made me really understand what Nomura was saying about them. KH1 having only 4 original characters needed the mix of Disney/Final Fantasy to draw people in to the concept. Once we were hooked, I think you could see how the games needed them less and less. CoM did perfectly fine with them only being in Traverse Town. We got WAY more original characters in CoM and the story was really strong without heavy Final Fantasy. Unlike Final Fantasy though, the Disney part of the equation has always been "filler" in the sense that we want to visit the Disney worlds. So in CoM, Disney was pure filler and that was fine. If Final Fantasy characters didn't show up in CoM, the game would have been pretty much the same. If Disney didn't show up in CoM, it wouldn't be KH at all.

I'm not arguing against the fact that characters that were in KH1 and 2 were not mentioned at all (Cloud and Auron were), I'm just saying that KH3 did not need any Final Fantasy characters. Should Ienzo have said something? Sure. It could have easily had Sora ring up Hollow Bastion, get Ienzo, ask where Leon and the gang are, he says that they went to find Cloud, and the conversation continues about main story stuff. There could have even been a journal entry somewhere that references them. But again, I don't think that any of them were needed for "closure". I really feel like KH2 gave them all closure and we don't need to see them again. I was more let down not having a new Final Fantasy cameo in a Disney world (like Balthier and Fran in The Caribbean). But again, I don't think they're necessary, more like fun extras.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
FF characters were added to KH1 to begin with to fill roles that otherwise would've been filled by OCs. Subsequent games have long since decided to just go ahead and make OCs. Hayner, Pence, and Olette are basically substitute Tiduus, Wakka, and Selphie. The restoration committee is irrelevant now that the king of EG and his apprentices are back to run the place again.

GreyouTT

Awards
FF characters were added to KH1 to begin with to fill roles that otherwise would've been filled by OCs. Subsequent games have long since decided to just go ahead and make OCs. Hayner, Pence, and Olette are basically substitute Tiduus, Wakka, and Selphie. The restoration committee is irrelevant now that the king of EG and his apprentices are back to run the place again.
I wouldn't mind seeing Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie again though. Especially since they do live on the islands with them.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I beat Sephiroth the other day in KH2 and I was wondering what resolution do we need about Cloud? The cutscene when he and Sephiroth vanishes suggests that he will overcome his darkness one day. Hollow Bastion is clearly restored in KH3, so the Restoration Committee's role is completed there. In terms of actually helping Sora fight the main villains (whether it be Ansem or The Organization), in the story the Final Fantasy characters pretty much didn't. The only time they helped was during the 1,000 heartless battle and that was because the heartless were attacking their home. Sure, they helped with Tron/DTD but that wasn't really anything.

If people want to condemn KH3 for not having the Final Fantasy characters at all, why not condemn the games that DID have them for not using them properly? If they are such a big part of the story, then why didn't Leon and the gang fly with Sora to the World That Never Was and help him fight? They clearly are able to leave their world (as Leon fights in the Coliseum). Leon can leave Hollow Bastion to fight in a tournament, but not fight the main villain and actually help Sora?

I think this is the issue with the Final Fantasy characters in KH and replaying past games made me really understand what Nomura was saying about them. KH1 having only 4 original characters needed the mix of Disney/Final Fantasy to draw people in to the concept. Once we were hooked, I think you could see how the games needed them less and less. CoM did perfectly fine with them only being in Traverse Town. We got WAY more original characters in CoM and the story was really strong without heavy Final Fantasy. Unlike Final Fantasy though, the Disney part of the equation has always been "filler" in the sense that we want to visit the Disney worlds. So in CoM, Disney was pure filler and that was fine. If Final Fantasy characters didn't show up in CoM, the game would have been pretty much the same. If Disney didn't show up in CoM, it wouldn't be KH at all.

I'm not arguing against the fact that characters that were in KH1 and 2 were not mentioned at all (Cloud and Auron were), I'm just saying that KH3 did not need any Final Fantasy characters. Should Ienzo have said something? Sure. It could have easily had Sora ring up Hollow Bastion, get Ienzo, ask where Leon and the gang are, he says that they went to find Cloud, and the conversation continues about main story stuff. There could have even been a journal entry somewhere that references them. But again, I don't think that any of them were needed for "closure". I really feel like KH2 gave them all closure and we don't need to see them again. I was more let down not having a new Final Fantasy cameo in a Disney world (like Balthier and Fran in The Caribbean). But again, I don't think they're necessary, more like fun extras.

I agree with a lot of this. But to be fair I'm so tired of Cloud vs Sephiroth that it could be clouding my judgement (Ha! little FF7 humor)

I would not have minded seeing Final Fantasy characters in KH3. Leon, Aerith, Yuffie, and Cid at least deserve something. But they are not the reason I play KH games, I feel like a broken record repeating that phrase over and over again. Could they have been in the game? Sure. Would it have been nice? Of course. Was I excited to see FF characters in KH3? Not really. None of them would have excited me to the levels of a RAX, TAV, Namine, Organization XIII members ect. Those were the characters I was playing KH3 for. Some more then others, true. I'm not opposed to Final Fantasy characters in the series, but if they don't appear it's not the end of the world for me. I was more upset over the original characters lack of screen time then the FF characters not appearing, because the reality is they can replace the FF cast. Next Hollow Bastion battle might have scenes of Aqua and Roxas fighting side by side as the dream team as opposed to Squall and Cloud.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wouldn't mind seeing Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie again though. Especially since they do live on the islands with them.
Only after your post did I realize that they weren't even invited to the beach party lol (world order I guess).

I agree with a lot of this. But to be fair I'm so tired of Cloud vs Sephiroth that it could be clouding my judgement (Ha! little FF7 humor)

I would not have minded seeing Final Fantasy characters in KH3. Leon, Aerith, Yuffie, and Cid at least deserve something. But they are not the reason I play KH games, I feel like a broken record repeating that phrase over and over again. Could they have been in the game? Sure. Would it have been nice? Of course. Was I excited to see FF characters in KH3? Not really. None of them would have excited me to the levels of a RAX, TAV, Namine, Organization XIII members ect. Those were the characters I was playing KH3 for. Some more then others, true. I'm not opposed to Final Fantasy characters in the series, but if they don't appear it's not the end of the world for me. I was more upset over the original characters lack of screen time then the FF characters not appearing, because the reality is they can replace the FF cast. Next Hollow Bastion battle might have scenes of Aqua and Roxas fighting side by side as the dream team as opposed to Squall and Cloud.
While I was going through my first run of KH3, I didn't realize that they were missing until I reached the Keyblade Graveyard and figured out that this was the end of the game. I was kind of hoping that during the huge heartless battle when they were swamped, they would have popped up and joined the fight. I didn't need them, but I think a cameo of Leon, Yuffie, Cid, Aerith, Tifa, and Cloud helping Yen Sid fight off the heartless would have been cool.

disney233

Awards
I would've cared if those three had more to them. Tidus, Wakka, & Selphie were...just there. They don't even feel like islanders, they just feel like they were plastered there just to fill up the prologue. After the literal prologue, the end of Destiny Island, they were gone and barely needed. They just felt like they were there for battle convenience. That could be said about literally EVERY character that isn't original and the Disney 6.

The topic of Final Fantasy characters goes on to what I said long ago that there's no middle grown between Disney & Final Fantasy. It's my biggest wish that the Disney AND Final Fantasy characters contribute more to the overall story and characters. The world of Kingdom Hearts just seem...shallow.

Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie could've had more potential. Perhaps going on their own journey, or meeting up with Sora, Riku, & Kairi or integrate their stories, (Final Fantasy story) into the Kingdom Hearts story.

Like...for example, an appropriate way to actually introduce Final Fantasy worlds is mentioning their homes. Why do Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie have to be islanders, when they could've just fit themselves in the same place as Kairi?

Tidus' home is Zanarkand. When he was a young boy, came the story of how his home was destroyed by Sin, and he drifted to the Destiny Island shores after the destruction. To which he meets Sora & Riku, and he lived his life on the islands. (I've made Tidus' story, I have no idea how to integrate Wakka & Selphie's story on how they end up on the islands.)

ANYWAY, to my point...there's literally no middle ground, there's potential for both Disney and Final Fantasy to be more than just shoddy cameos and boss fodder.

I've lost my point during my rant and storytime.

RIGHT Uhh Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie...uhhhhh...there's really not much going for them. After Destiny Islands, it's almost as if they didn't exist. I mean...I commend their actual existence in COM & the LITERAL beginning of 2...but it's not enough for them. The use of Final Fantasy in this game is....pretty messy. KH2, there's no denying how Radiant Garden & the RGRC felt like they were actually part of the game, and KH1, I like the use of Leon, Yuffie, & Aerith as SDG's guides.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If original characters are now filling the roles of FINAL FANTASY characters, then I guess it's high time we put some closure into them. I say that in KINGDOM HEARTS IV we say goodbye to these characters as they return to their respective worlds. Especially now that the FFVII Remake is around.

I'm already picturing Cloud saying "I have a mission to fulfill" (FFVII), and that he "doesn't know when it'll end" (alluding to FFVII's dev time heeehee).

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Not sure how it would work for Riku but I'm confident Disney worlds will be a part of Sora's Reaper Game. If they use newer Disney worlds I figured they would go for ones with a emphasis on the afterlife like Pixar's Coco
I could see that being the case.

I'm not sure on how many we would be getting, but I expect it could be approx. 7-9 Disney worlds for the next game and most of them could be thematically reminiscent to the Disney worlds we got in Dream Drop Distance where it focuses on some of the lesser known and/or slightly recent Disney films and ones you'd expect to appear in KH3 but didn't end up in the final game.

I envision these would be the Disney worlds for the next KH game before KHIV, along with the fact the worlds and level designs vastly are different from one another:
  1. Wreck-It Ralph (Video game/Candy Level)
  2. Coco (Undead level)
  3. Treasure Planet (Space/Pirate level)
  4. Atlantis (Underground/Ocean/Temple level)
  5. Dumbo (Circus level)
  6. Jungle Book (1967 animated version) (Jungle level)
  7. Maleficent (2014 film) (Forest/Fantasy level)
  8. Alice in Wonderland (2010 version) (Medieval/Gothic fantasy level)
  9. Long Shots: Meet the Robinsons, Pocahontas, Mickey and the Beanstalk (Fun and Fancy Free), Sleepy Hollow (Ichabod and Mr. Toad) or The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (Snow/Fairy Tale level)

Unless Disney Worlds like Arendelle or Toy Box are memory like projections like CoM or Coded I feel like there sequel stories would be better off as returning worlds for another game.
Yeah I say Frozen and Toy Story look to be worlds saved for Kingdom Hearts IV. In fact, they would be the ONLY Disney worlds introduced in KH3 to return in the next numbered title compared to Corona, Monstropolis and San Fransokyo which are very unlikely to return in the next games.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
It would be interesting if Sora teams up with Disney adversaries he'd defeat in the past and somehow ended up in Shibuya as an afterlife.

Honestly, I see these villains gloating and laughing at Sora if that's the case. Imagine the guy who killed you ends up in the same location as you. I'm sure many villains would have something slick to say to Sora, especially Oogie Boogie.

I sincerely doubt Shibuya/Shinjuku is in the Realm of Light or any of the realms we know. Sure we could experience Riku's journey to Shinjuku but there is the chance we could start with him already there.

If memory serves, Young Xehanort more or less said that the Lich Heartless ushers people to the deep abyss. So that already implies that it's most likely not in the Realm of Light. And Sora just wakes up there, so it doesn't seem like it's a place where you can enter by normal means. It's probably difficult like the Realm of Darkness to enter, or it requires a certain ability like the Realm of Sleep.

Honestly, given the Versus XIII vibes, this could be something like a "Realm of Death" location we're dealing with. Chirithy said there's no more after The Final World, but that's because Sora was almost completely dead and was able to revive and save everyone (and then time travel stuff happens). But what happens if you die via unusual means? What if that's where individuals in certain cases go?

Either that, OR, Shibuya is a realm that exists outside of current universe we know. It's not a location that acts under the same rules. Riku seems to be in the same world (just further away), so there's clearly a method to getting there, but... I have a feeling it's not a place you can just waltz in and out.

I've had some thoughts about this, and this is the perfect opportunity for me to bring this up.

If you look at the Secret Ending, on the billboards and signs, the lettering is a LOT like what you'd see in Scala ad Caelum's books and posters.

kingdom-hearts-3-sequel-3-650x365.jpg

If you look on the right... You'll see weird symbols that I don't think belong to any real world language. Since this is supposed to be a district in which people live though, clearly it's supposed to mean something -- a language of sorts. But the only other place I've seen similar symbols would be:

4549b57d70a4d46e029ebbdfde73832b.jpg

They're similar. We don't know what happened to Scala ad Caelum, we just know that Eraqus and Xehanort came from there. And Scala was built atop of a destroyed and submerged Daybreak Town. We also know that the Master of Masters is for whatever reason in the same world as Riku (and presumably Sora), because we see him on top of a building. The Master of Masters "dimmed, faded" (possibly) the same way Sora did. Sora ended up in Shibuya. The Master of Masters is here too.

What if Scala and whatever Shibuya is a part of, are all connected? Not as one big world, but... Something else?

D

Deleted member 246005

Its a possibility Shibuya could be the hub world. Maybe Sora begins his quest there?

It's also possible the whole game could be set in Shibuya for Sora. Maybe Riku and Kairi have to journey to get there?

Back