• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Rumour: Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind Trailer Coming Next Month, New Difficulties Teased

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Tonight, Tetsuya Nomura made an appearance at the Kingdom Hearts World of Tres concert in Osaka Japan and revealed some new information about Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind. This information is in its incredibly early stages so for now please take it with a grain of salt.

According to some Twitter users, a new trailer for the DLC will arrive next month. It is unknown whether this will be at the Games Awards on December 12th or at Jump Festa 2020. This information was tweeted by @ftrkikikixxx and @lunesacree (who wasn't in attendance but translated other tweets). Luneacree also translated that there will be new difficulties, including an extremely easy mode and an extremely difficult mode where you can't use cure.

According to @mel_lifluous3, the extent of the DLC announcement is:
  • DLC release next month (editors note: other tweets say this is a trailer release rather than DLC release)
  • Photo Mode
  • Slideshow Mode
  • Fast Pass Mode
  • “Black Code”

Photo Mode allows you to pose any of the game’s protagonists (and even antagonists in one hilarious example photo) in your chosen setting with props and background effects. Example props included a giant pancake, sparkles, a Dusk, and dream eaters

Slideshow mode lets you take the photos you’ve created and add background music, transitions, zooms and create a slideshow. The example photos were hilarious and showed an incredible range of possibilities.

Fast Pass Mode and Black Code allow you to change difficulty settings. There were too many potential settings, went by so fast, but Fast Pass Mode lets you essentially one-shot kill enemies and had at least 7 attractions / spells stacked up above the combat menu.

Black Mode lets you tweak difficulty to extra hard including choosing how much health you have. The example battle was against Marshmallow in Frozen world. The demo player had to constantly block his swiping attacks and had no way to heal (used a kupo coin though).

@CrystalynH was also in attendance of the concert and had this to say about what was shown:

Director Tetsuya Nomura treated the audience to an exclusive look at some of the other extras that will be available with the DLC! Looks like the next trailer will drop next month & the release date will also be announced next month!

The extras shown included a “Greeting Data” mode where you can choose a location setting, characters, items, and sfx and create a diorama with it and take screenshots. The “Slide Show” mode then let’s you put those screenshots to music in a slideshow. #KingdomHearts

The “Premium Menu” mode has two parts: “Fastpass” allows you to go into your menu at what looks like any moment and change settings so you’re overpowered. In contrast, the “Black Code” allows you to make things ridiculously hard (like blocking healing, etc). #KingdomHearts

We consider all of this information as legit at this time but please consider it as a rumour until officially confirmed by Square Enix.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by a moderator:

ivaannom

Awards
Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Between this and what was previously confirmed, this DLC is insane! I really want it now :O

They showed examples about the Fast Pass and the photo mode.

The first photo mode example was Sora surrounded by the seven princesses of heart
The second was an energetic Master Xehanort
The third a Meow Wow with Sea Salt Ice
The fourth was Ventus and Vanitas

The fast pass example was on Olympus's battle portal, you had to defeat a bunch of heartless in a few seconds.
These all sound excellent, thank you for posting them!

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Interesting choices for sure.

Photo mode is obviously an answer to fan outcry of not being able to take selfies with the main cast, lol. And fastpass/blackcode essentially allows players to play the game with built-in restrictions, making things like video challenges a lot easier to set up. Also, this way, no one can ever complain about the difficulty again (provided you have the DLC of course) 😜

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This has reignited my love for Kingdom Hearts.

In the lead up to KH3, it was all about the possibilities that it could bring.

This time around, I know the extent of the game so each additional add-on is something I am able to work around and understand in the scope of the game. This takes me back over a decade ago and reading Famitsu translations about what KH2FM was bringing and wishing I had access to it... Except this time I do!!!! This isn't Japan exclusive anymore, we get all of this stuff!!!

I'm so excited and every "KH3 was a disappointment" post doesn't affect me now because I'm able to view this in my own personal story and relate it to what I will experience, not what others will experience, and it makes me so, so, so, so happy. I can't wait to recreate old moments from the series:

ivaannom

Awards

So, it seems that the new components that they showed will not be in the new Trailer BUUUT, it seems that there was a camera there so there are 2 options:

1- They recorded all the concert including the new components to sell it later as a Disk.
OR
2- We will see the pictures of the new components in some magazines like Famitsu or Dengeki Playstation this or next week
Maybe both(?)

I wanna see the Ventus and Vanitas one so bad

The picture with Ven and Vanitas was Vanitas chasing Ventus

Edit: The kyo0607 just said that he was wrong it was Ventus chasing Vanitas.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This has reignited my love for Kingdom Hearts.

In the lead up to KH3, it was all about the possibilities that it could bring.

This time around, I know the extent of the game so each additional add-on is something I am able to work around and understand in the scope of the game. This takes me back over a decade ago and reading Famitsu translations about what KH2FM was bringing and wishing I had access to it... Except this time I do!!!! This isn't Japan exclusive anymore, we get all of this stuff!!!

I'm so excited and every "KH3 was a disappointment" post doesn't affect me now because I'm able to view this in my own personal story and relate it to what I will experience, not what others will experience, and it makes me so, so, so, so happy. I can't wait to recreate old moments from the series:

Sooo... are these scenes gonna be exclusive to the Re:MIND DLC, or will they be part of the main campaign?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Thank goodness for the photo mode thingie! Now I can finally take pictures with RAX and Riku and Kairi and everyone! ReMind is sounding better and better all the time. I can't wait for this DLC :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sooo... are these scenes gonna be exclusive to the Re:MIND DLC, or will they be part of the main campaign?
The only thing confirmed as free are the Keyblades + forms. It's unknown what, overall, is free and what is paid, and whether it's a part of the main game or chosen separately via the main menu.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
All this extra content makes me worry for the DLC's pricepoint.
I have like 100 dollars saved especially for this DLC. I doubt it would cost that much, but I'm prepared. I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan thirsty for more content! But I seriously doubt it'll be 100 bucks. Still I'm ready.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I have like 100 dollars saved especially for this DLC. I doubt it would cost that much, but I'm prepared. I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan thirsty for more content! But I seriously doubt it'll be 100 bucks. Still I'm ready.
I'm expecting $30 USD max but of course they surprised us all with additional support so who knows!

No matter the price it beats having to import a Japanese exclusive game and a modifier to get it to work on a non-Japanese console though!

ivaannom

Awards
OMFG I'm in love with the Black Code already.

So Nomura explained that in the Black Code Mode you can ban the use of cure, Links while the HP and MP decrease slowly as time passes

Irino(Sora's japanese voice actor)'s reaction was: Why would you do that?

I only need a Online mode with this to send this type of challenges and this would be really perfect

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I'm so excited and every "KH3 was a disappointment" post doesn't affect me now because I'm able to view this in my own personal story and relate it to what I will experience, not what others will experience, and it makes me so, so, so, so happy.
Aaaw, that's so sweet to hear. So does this mean you're opinion of KH3's base game (the part that was labeled disappointing) has improved, or are you merely saying you're going into ReMind with an open mind? Either way, part of me is at least glad people are able to approach this with some level of renewed hope.

ivaannom

Awards
I wonder if we can add bosses(final bosses i mean, not like the marshmallow) to the fast pass and black code like Xehanort's replicas, etc.

Correction: the poster said it's with the Flantastic Seven, known as the "Seven Purins (Puddings)" in Japanese (a pun on "Seven Princesses").

Woops, my bad. I didn't read that tweet completely and I also forgot the existence of the god damn puddings so... And プリンズとプリンセス really are similar :LOL:

Thanks for the correction

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Yet another Orchestra-exclusive info/footage reveal
Getting a little tired of that if I'm being honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back