• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you think Disney will fit into the next game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GreyouTT

Awards
With the next game taking place in the Shinjuku/Shibuya areas, there doesn't seem to be room for much Disney stuff. Will it be a game without Disney worlds? Will there be a clever way to include it? Or is it just the one world with the boys moving onto another like DDD?

IMO, I think we'll have the area act as an actual HUB where we enter projections of the worlds ala UX/CoM. That way it keeps them stuck at the world without them leaving it right away.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If both Shibuya and Shinjuku are as full fledged as the worlds we had in KINGDOM HEARTS III, there's the possibility that those two will both be two worlds that are part of a bigger selection. Or maybe they'll be so big that a big part of the game could take place on it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not sure how it would work for Riku but I'm confident Disney worlds will be a part of Sora's Reaper Game. If they use newer Disney worlds I figured they would go for ones with a emphasis on the afterlife like Pixar's Coco

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Not sure how it would work for Riku but I'm confident Disney worlds will be a part of Sora's Reaper Game. If they use newer Disney worlds I figured they would go for ones with a emphasis on the afterlife like Pixar's Coco
Good point. I think someone suggested that Shibuya could be a hubworld.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Personally, I want it to be Riku visiting worlds with a focus on the afterlife in order to find Sora, with Sora's half being all Shibuya. It'd take the fun out of TWEWY if Sora just does what he always does, plus keeping Sora in one place instead of filler would (theoretically) put better focus the main story.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Personally, I want it to be Riku visiting worlds with a focus on the afterlife in order to find Sora, with Sora's half being all Shibuya. It'd take the fun out of TWEWY if Sora just does what he always does, plus keeping Sora in one place instead of filler would (theoretically) put better focus the main story.
It would be interesting if Sora teams up with Disney adversaries he'd defeat in the past and somehow ended up in Shibuya as an afterlife.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They probably should've held back on PotC3 considering Davy Jones' locker is a place of death as well.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I really like this idea. That said I'm not sure if there would be enough movies around death in Disney's backlog to fill out the game's usual quota.

Of course, if Riku is the one visiting worlds revisiting Olympus or Port Royal wouldn't be unreasonable.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think Disney will always be a part of Kingdom Hearts, however since they said they want to do at least one game before KH4, it is possible they try a Kingdom Hearts game without Disney worlds to really test the waters if it is possible. I actually don't like that idea but it's a possibility.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora should be something of an end goal of whatever the next game is, not so much the main character. I think once upon a time I said that the game after KH3 should definitely be the "Search for Spock" of KH, and it really has ended up being just that. So they need to lay all in on that.

Have Riku finally go on his own real adventure to different worlds. I love the idea of them being worlds primarily focused on death as the theme. Perhaps it would be important to learn that what is lost isn't always gone. Maybe he needs to learn this just as much as Sora that sometimes you can't save everybody, but rather you have to learn how to face what is in front of you head-on and find the truth.

After all, Sora and Riku have both ended up doing the same thing. Riku died to try and protect Sora, and Sora died as a result of saving everybody and Kairi. They give too much of themselves and they always inch closer to the point of no return.

And maybe all of the worlds don't need to be full on death-themed, but I think stories that focus heavily on themes of change and letting go can also fit. Frozen 2 is a good one imo, so would Ralph Breaks the Internet, Toy Story 4 just to name a few modern ones.

I don't really imagine KH will be changing the formula for how worlds work, except maybe instead of traveling to each world there are portals.

On the other hand, this bridge game is the perfect time to experiment again before KH4. They could explore the series without a heavy Disney influence and focus on pure story development.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sora should be something of an end goal of whatever the next game is, not so much the main character. I think once upon a time I said that the game after KH3 should definitely be the "Search for Spock" of KH, and it really has ended up being just that. So they need to lay all in on that.

Have Riku finally go on his own real adventure to different worlds. I love the idea of them being worlds primarily focused on death as the theme. Perhaps it would be important to learn that what is lost isn't always gone. Maybe he needs to learn this just as much as Sora that sometimes you can't save everybody, but rather you have to learn how to face what is in front of you head-on and find the truth.

After all, Sora and Riku have both ended up doing the same thing. Riku died to try and protect Sora, and Sora died as a result of saving everybody and Kairi. They give too much of themselves and they always inch closer to the point of no return.

And maybe all of the worlds don't need to be full on death-themed, but I think stories that focus heavily on themes of change and letting go can also fit. Frozen 2 is a good one imo, so would Ralph Breaks the Internet, Toy Story 4 just to name a few modern ones.

I don't really imagine KH will be changing the formula for how worlds work, except maybe instead of traveling to each world there are portals.

On the other hand, this bridge game is the perfect time to experiment again before KH4. They could explore the series without a heavy Disney influence and focus on pure story development.
I'm not sure if Frozen 2 or TS4 are possible since Arendelle and Toy Box arent sleeping worlds. They are still very much in the land of the living.

Unless Sora or Riku exists there as some sort of Ghost

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Perhaps "Sleeping" wasn't the right word. My point is that Sora or Riku shouldn't have access to those worlds since Arendelle and Toy Box are in the Realm of Light and the two of them arent

I don't think that has to stop anything. How many times has this series proven to fans that if they want to make a world work, they will make it work?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Perhaps "Sleeping" wasn't the right word. My point is that Sora or Riku shouldn't have access to those worlds since Arendelle and Toy Box are in the Realm of Light and the two of them arent
Where was that stated? To my knowledge we dont know where it's set. Could be the sleeping realm or a dimension of a world in the Realm of Light.

Like I can totally believe Sora ending up in some kind of Realm of Sleep Limbo, after the ending of KH3, but he could have just as easily been pulled from his way to the final world into the UG of TWEWY's world.
Riku on the other hand would be on a quest to get there to save Sora, so I don't see the worlds in the Realm of Light being an issue.

I don't think that has to stop anything. How many times has this series proven to fans that if they want to make a world work, they will make it work?

There's also this. The series does like to do things we'd think impossible with our given info.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Where was that stated? To my knowledge we dont know where it's set. Could be the sleeping realm or a dimension of a world in the Realm of Light.

Like I can totally believe Sora ending up in some kind of Realm of Sleep Limbo, after the ending of KH3, but he could have just as easily been pulled from his way to the final world into the UG of TWEWY's world.
Riku on the other hand would be on a quest to get there to save Sora, so I don't see the worlds in the Realm of Light being an issue.

There's also this. The series does like to do things we'd think impossible with our given info.
I sincerely doubt Shibuya/Shinjuku is in the Realm of Light or any of the realms we know. Sure we could experience Riku's journey to Shinjuku but there is the chance we could start with him already there

Unless Disney Worlds like Arendelle or Toy Box are memory like projections like CoM or Coded I feel like there sequel stories would be better off as returning worlds for another game.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
If we are exploring world lines and alternate realities, I could see Shibuya as a hub to worlds we've been to before but in another form. So, Enchanted Dominion but the live action version with a friendly Maleficent. Or live action Wonderland.

D

Deleted member 252753

I sincerely doubt Shibuya/Shinjuku is in the Realm of Light or any of the realms we know.

I noticed possible evidence to support this. During and just after the first visit to the Dark World, Mickey and Yen Sid speak of an 'abyss' below the Realm of Darkness.

Later in San Fransokyo/Final World Young Xehanort tells Sora that he will 'condemn [his] heart to the same abyss' by his misuse of the Power of Waking to chase hearts.

Back