• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 receives nominations for Best Score/Music and Best RPG at The Game Awards

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The nominees for The Game Awards 2019 have just been announced! KINGDOM HEARTS III has received nominations in two categories: Best Score/Music and Best RPG, listed below:

Best Score/Music:

Cadence of Hyrule
Death Stranding
Devil May Cry 5
Kingdom Hearts III
Sayonara Wild Hearts

Best RPG:

Disco Elysium
Final Fantasy XIV 
KINGDOM HEARTS III
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
The Outer Worlds

Cast your votes on the official website or through Google.

Winners will be revealed live at The Game Awards on December 12th.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Some great categories to be nominated for! Fingers crossed it can win at least one!

AR829038

Awards
This makes me happy. I know people didn't like this game, and I agree with so many of the justified criticisms of it. But I'm still glad that it's being recognized as a good game nonetheless.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well KH3's score was pretty great so I think it's best chance is with the music award. Wonder what other RPGs it's up against?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well KH3's score was pretty great so I think it's best chance is with the music award. Wonder what other RPGs it's up against?

I've added the other games it will be competing with in those categories :)

Awards
Best Music is a heavy tie between DMC5 and KH3 for me since I love both soundtracks to death.

Best RPG however, I only played KH3 out of the ones on the list so...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Cool, thanks.

I could see Monster Hunter World: Iceborn taking the best RPG Award if it doesnt go to KH3

Same, unfortunately. Which is unfair in my opinion, as Monster Hunter World (base game) already won Best RPG last year.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Even though I haven't played the other games, I vote for KHIII in both categories and I hope they win! I'm bias and have no shame in showing my Kingdom Hearts favoritism.

Awards
I sadly feel that KH3 will lose in both categories.

Two music based games are on there, and DMC5 will likely win even if it's just because of Devil Trigger. That and KH3's soundtrack itself still doesn't have an official release.

And KH3 is just way too divisive of a game as is. It getting Best RPG or not getting it will only cause more arguments to start, with "It didn't deserve it anyway" being a likely phrase that'll pop up in said arguments.

Not only that, but no one would want to vote for a game that has a faulty Guard...

edit: sorry for sounding so negative. I'm...not really in much of a good mood right now.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't care about the other games, my votes will go straight to KH3! It needs to win best RPG and how dare those people make "Face My Fears" and "Don't Think Twice" lose to the other music from those games!

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I sadly feel that KH3 will lose in both categories.

Two music based games are on there, and DMC5 will likely win even if it's just because of Devil Trigger. That and KH3's soundtrack itself still doesn't have an official release.

And KH3 is just way too divisive of a game as is. It getting Best RPG or not getting it will only cause more arguments to start, with "It didn't deserve it anyway" being a likely phrase that'll pop up in said arguments.

Not only that, but no one would want to vote for a game that has a faulty Guard...

edit: sorry for sounding so negative. I'm...not really in much of a good mood right now.

It just is what it is. If KH2 Final Mix had come out in 2019, it wouldn't win Best RPG either. Most people loved the game, and I think that's what counts. Is it perfect? No, but it didn't need to be. And with almost a year later, the arguments are already worn out. Had KH3 been literally any other game BUT KH3, nobody would care to this degree, and that's just how it goes.

It would be amazing for it to win, but what matters most is your experience is with the game. Like for me, I LOVE KH3, so I don't give a single fuck who thought it was trash or "weak" or so on and so forth. I know what resonated with me and I know I bought it with my own money, so while other opinions are interesting to hear... I trust mine the most.

And if anything, this should light a fire under Osaka Team's ass to make the next KH title an absolute masterpiece. You won't knock it out the park every time (even I feel like they honestly did), and now they've got enough experience and resources to deliver on something incredible. It's not the end of the world, and certainly not the end for Kingdom Hearts anytime soon, so even though it might be disheartening, just know that in another 3 years or so, KH'll have its time to shine again.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Had the awards happened earlier I would have more hope. The dust has settled and some feel conflicted towards 3.
We will see who has the bigger fan base that voted.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Had the awards happened earlier I would have more hope. The dust has settled and some feel conflicted towards 3.
We will see who has the bigger fan base that voted.

I mean, even before and after launch there was a lot of conflicted feelings for KH3.

What I am hoping is that KH fans are just rabid enough to vote regardless if they loved KH3 or not. I know I did.

I don't care about the other games, my votes will go straight to KH3! It needs to win best RPG and how dare those people make "Face My Fears" and "Don't Think Twice" lose to the other music from those games!

Different strokes for different folks? DMC5 has phenomenal music and so does Sayonara Wild Hearts. Death Stranding is all about its music, too, although I don’t think it is fair for it to be in this category since it is mostly comprised of licensed music by Kojima’s favorite band.

KH3 is a bunch of rearrangements and I personally don’t think the game is a good showcase of Shimkmura, Ishimoto, or Sekito’s skill as a lot of the music is very...forgettable outside of some very key pieces. And the biggest issue is that there is still no OST release. How are we supposed to even know what the name of these songs are or have any sort of attachment to those songs when they are played once in a short cutscene in a part of the game you have to replay to experience all over again?

Sorry. I just...don’t like the way KH3’s OST has been handled. Face My Fears and Chikai/Don’t Think Twice are the BEST parts of KH3. The rest? Not so much and I love Shimomura, Ishimoto, and Sekito.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well, at least it got nominated! That's something.....right?

I mean, regardless of whether you (speaking generally) think KH3 has a chance of winning, or if it's deserving, it doesn't change the fact that it's been nominated. Some extraordinary work was done on the game and it's a rare chance to be recognized on the global stage, so let's support it :)

I mean, you should vote for the game you think is most deserving of the win lol

Last edited:
Back