• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Anyone else want a Tamatoa boss fight in KH4 if they have a Moana world in the game? I was just watching Moana this week and I would so enjoy Moana as a party member, Maui as a Summon/Link and Tamatoa as a fun boss battle. And I want his Shiny song to be the theme.
Edit: Every hit you give him gives you munny.
Absolutely, I love to have a boss fight against Tamatoa along with Te Ka once we get a Moana world in a future KH game or KH4.

On top of that, it would be awesome to have "Shiny" as a pre-rendered or in-game cutscene in the game, much like how they did it with Let it Go".

As far goes as how the Tamatoa fight could go, like you said it could be while he's singing Shiny while beating up Maui (with new lyrics to acknowledge Sora, Donald and Goofy's presence) or it could be more reminiscent to SDG fighting against Marshmallow in KH3 where he attempts to go after Moana and Maui after realizing that the Heart of Te Fiti is a fake (A Barnacle in Bioluminiscent algae) only to be blocked by the trio and the fight commences from here.

But hey, I would be a happy man to see Jemaine Clement reprise his role as Tamatoa along with Auliʻi Cravalho as Moana for the next KH game. Not sure about Dwayne Johnson returning as Maui given his cost and celebrity status.

In general, I think if Moana is ever a world, it should be reserved for something special. properly utilizes all of it's narrative similarities to the Kingdom Hearts franchise and it's philosophy. I'd really rather it not end up being completely wasted like Arendelle, or confused and half baked like Kingdom of Corona. 😣
Corona was also to a degree wasted as well (mainly in the 2nd and 3rd act) and frankly I just don't want any of the future Disney animated films that become worlds in a future KH game (The Princess and the Frog, Wreck-it Ralph, Moana, Zootopia and Raya and the Last Dragon) going the same route as the Tangled and Frozen worlds in Kingdom Hearts III, particularly the former.

Honestly the issues with Sora, Donald and Goofy's role in the Tangled and Frozen's world in KH3 are:
  • They don't play much of an impact on the world, interact with the cast "once" and never again, and not be acknowledge by them at the end of the world (In Frozen's case).
  • Be involved with the cast, but separate from them in certain instances of the world and stick out "like a sore thumb" during the world's 2nd and final act which becomes over the top or "preachy". Not to mention not have the cast acknowledge them until after the conflict was solved (In Tangled's case).

Honestly, I made a lot of complaints on Kingdom of Corona on this thread before which you can view here, here and here. But literally, Sora, Donald and Goofy stood out like a "sore thumb" in Kingdom of Corona and literally don't know what has happened especially during the 2nd and last acts of the world.

On top of that, not only Sora and the gang never question Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, but they also didn’t know about Mother Gothel true colors and remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her until Marluxia reveals her real colors to them through context. Wanna hear the worse part, they, especially Goofy (who is supposed to be the intelligent one of the trio) didn’t grow suspicious with Mother Gothel especially when she coldly dismissed them and said they were “useless and of no help”. I mean If I was present with them and after our first encounter with Gothel once she dismiss us and leaves, I too would be the first to question and feel suspicious about Gothel especially when she coldly dismiss us as “useless” and wether if she really is Rapunzel’s “real mother” (which she isn’t). Even they also remain blissfully unaware that Flynn/Eugene got knocked out and when they (particularly Donald and Goofy) see him again they don't question what happened to him they just say, "Flynn Sora's unconscious" and "Oh no Rapunzel is held Captive" etc. it felt too preachy and over the top.

Lastly, the rest of it when Flynn went out to rescue Rapunzel (Gothel stabbing Flynn/Eugene, Eugene cutting Rapunzel's hair causing Gothel aged to dust, Rapunzel healing Flynn/Eugene) just had Sora Donald and Goofy being just "There" in the background not knowing what's happening ever since Flynn went of to the tower to rescue Rapunzel (yeah they saw Gothel's cloak before it was immediately turned into the Grim Guardianess Heartless by Marluxia and witness Flynn/Eugene dying until Rapunzel revived him with the Healing incantation) but they weren't acknowledged by the cast until after Eugene was Healed.

Just Imagine if SDG were involved during the climax of Wreck-It Ralph, Moana and Zootopia but are just "there" in the background not knowing what's going on and doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but don't acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved.

Also, even Gothel and Rapunzel saw/Encounter Marluxia ONCE none of them ever bring up his name nor mention his name again for the remainder of the world, which honestly made Marluxia's appearance in Corona feel "shoehorned". At least with Monstropolis, Toy Box and San Fransokyo, the inhabitants do acknowledged the Organization XIII member and not brush them off like it was nothing, particularly the former when Randall had a "teamup" with Vanitas.

I just hope that once we get worlds based on The Princess and the Frog, Wreck-it Ralph, Moana, Zootopia and Raya and the Last Dragon in a future KH game they don't stick out like a sore thumb and have more involvement with the world and it's characters.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
A Moana world would great for Kingdom Hearts,and I'd love it. But after Frozen's world I have some concerns. The Frozen Heart thing could have been a very unique story element for Kingdom Hearts, like breeding a new type of Heartless that comes from a heart slowly freezing from a curse or something. They did not go for that. Moana also has a kinda unique heart theme that could equally play as a unique story with Taka. But given how strict Disney now is with their Disney stuff that goes into KH, it could just be another retelling of the movie plot with SDG.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A Moana world would great for Kingdom Hearts,and I'd love it. But after Frozen's world I have some concerns. The Frozen Heart thing could have been a very unique story element for Kingdom Hearts, like breeding a new type of Heartless that comes from a heart slowly freezing from a curse or something. They did not go for that. Moana also has a kinda unique heart theme that could equally play as a unique story with Taka. But given how strict Disney now is with their Disney stuff that goes into KH, it could just be another retelling of the movie plot with SDG.
Well Moana wasn't as successful as Frozen was so Disney might allow Nomura more creative freedom with that film.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Well Moana wasn't as successful as Frozen was so Disney might allow Nomura more creative freedom with that film.
Tangled grossed $591.8 million, Moana grossed $643.3 million, Big Hero 6 grossed $657.8 million and the first and second Wreck-It Ralph films grossed $471.2 million and $529.3 million respectively. Princess and the Frog which although grossed a respectable $267 million was far below what Disney had hoped given that it came out days before Avatar and also the title deterred of boys.

Frankly, I think it will depend on the specific Disney animated film, regardless if some of their more recent films do well at the Box Office ($400-900 million or $1.000 billion) or is made before the release of Princess and the Frog and Tangled (Pocahontas, Lilo & Stitch, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, etc..). As I said before in my previous posts, I remain cautiously skeptical about the more recent Disney animated films becoming worlds in future games after the Frozen and especially the Tangled world's being wasted in Kingdom Hearts III. San Fransokyo, from Big Hero 6 was I say the ONLY new Disney world out of the 5 new worlds (Kingdom of Corona, Toy Box, Monstropolis, and Arendelle) introduced in KH3, that Disney didn't put Guidelines and restrictions on given that the story was set after the events of the movie instead of being a retelling of the original film which allowed Nomura and his team creative freedom, of course credit goes to Roy Conli (producer of Big Hero 6) who came up with the original story.

As Nomura and the Development staff said in past interviews following the KH3 Disney worlds announcement, both he and the staff did go on to say that Disney including the staff that worked on the films (Tangled, Frozen, etc..) that the worlds are based are still around and did put guidelines/restrictions regarding on the worlds giving Nomura and his team less freedom on these specific worlds, even Pixar did put guidelines to Nomura and Square Enix on the worlds based on their movies (Toy Story and Monster's Inc.), of course not in the same level as the guidelines seen in the Tangled and Frozen worlds.

Olympus (Hercules) and 100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh) where the Disney worlds I say that I didn't see ANY restrictions put on in KH3 given that most of the people who worked on those films weren't involved in the game and Disney who had no involvement in the previous installments just allowed Nomura and his Team to do what they want given that they appeared in previous KH titles (same can be said with the other Disney worlds in previous games like Halloween Town (Nightmare Before Christmas), Neverland (Peter Pan), Land of Dragons (Mulan), etc..). I expect the same thing for some of the earlier Disney films that become worlds in future games like Pocahontas, Lilo & Stitch, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Dumbo, Meet the Robinsons, among others will allow Nomura and his team more creative freedom.

The Caribbean (Pirates of the Caribbean) is in the grey area while it didn't had any of the people involved from the film series nor did it had guidelines like Arendelle, Corona and the Pixar-based worlds: Toy Box and Monstropolis (mainly the latter Pixar world) in KH3, they had to trimmed things down due to time constraints as that film was nearly 3 hours long (169 minutes) and also a lot of stuff has happened in the film hence why SDG spending time with the "Jack Sparrow" made by Tia Dalma.

On top of that, I just don't want Disney or whomever (Nomura and the Development team) pulling a "Marluxia" and/or replace one of the specific characters from the film with one of the original KH antagonists being shoehorned in. I mean I can't imagine seeing Lawrence (Princess in the Frog) be written out entirely and replaced with someone else because in the film, he was driven to villainy out out of constant neglect and disrespect throughout his life, plus the scene he had with Dr. Facilier proves otherwise:

And for Zootopia I just can't envision the Foretellers (Aced, Ira, Invi, Gula, or Ava) or Luxu/Xigbar just replacing Doug and the Rams and be the one(s) responsible for using the Nighthowlers on the predators and also manipulating Bellwether for his/her/their own benefits just like Marluxia replacing the Stabbington Brothers and using Gothel to his own use.

I'm also going to be perfectly blunt to most of you, I feel in my unpopular opinion that Marluxia felt shoehorned in "Kingdom of Corona" no matter how much he thematically fit in the world and how everyone but their grandmothers expected him to appear. I think Xaldin was handled much better on replacing the Disney antagonist (e.g. Gaston) in a Disney world than Marluxia if you ask me.

Lastly, I can't envision SDG during the climax of the Wreck-It Ralph, Moana and/or Zootopia worlds being "there" in the background sticking out like a sore thumb but not knowing what's going on and doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but don't acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved, which is what exactly happened in the Tangled world.

Same here man, The heart of Te-Fiti, Darkness and decay spreading across the Islands, and Moana's journey to restore the heart do have themes that mirror Sora's journey in the first game and it would be awesome for Sora to have a conversation with Moana (as long as he doesn't break "world order") reminiscing his journey. But like you said I remain skeptical how strict Disney is going to be with the film and how much Freedom Nomura and his team will have. Same can be said with Zootopia I would love to see the world have an original story like San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6), but I have a hunch it would be another retelling of the film reminiscent to the Tangled world where SDG spend time with Nick and Judy but separate from them in certain instances of the world and don't acknowledged the trio until after the major conflict is solved.

Regarding Moana, it will be interesting if SDG will get a costume change cause as the film is set 10,0000 years ago in the Pacific Islands it will be awkward for SDG being in their standard clothes and feeling out of place cause most of the Male characters (Maui, Moana's father, the Male Islanders) wore skirts or shorts.

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
In general, I think if Moana is ever a world, it should be reserved for something special that properly utilizes all of it's narrative similarities to the Kingdom Hearts franchise and it's philosophy. I'd really rather it not end up being completely wasted like Arendelle, or confused and half baked like Kingdom of Corona. Even if I'm not as invested in the series anymore, seeing a film I cherish so much get treated like trash would still tick me off. 😣
Yeah...no. Not seeing that. Said it countless of times but AFTER. KH2, Worlds ended up getting wasted treatment. Even Chi's Game Central Station's wrapping up to be a world of nonimportance, gaining to be nothing more than a retelling of the Wreck-it-Ralph story. Odds are because it's such a recent film, it's gonna crash & burn like Corona & Arendelle....and every other retelling worlds. AFTER 2.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Another Pixar film I want to see in Kingdom Hearts. Like Coco it takes place in an afterlife like setting so it could work for DDD Volume 2
Got Ninja'd, but I do agree that this is another Pixar film (that I'm so looking forward to), that would make a fantastic world in the next KH game (DDD V.2 or KHIV).

Depending on where the film ends, I can envision the original KH story to this film being a prequel, with Sora unexpectedly dying (mirroring Joe Gardner's death in the film and from the trailer). But instead of going into the Final World, he ends up in "You Seminar" where he meets 22 and needs to find his way back to the real world and back to his body. On top of that, according to Pixar's description on the character 22, she has been attending the "You Seminar" for a hundred years, and has a dim view of life

Personally, it just comes down to how far Nomura and his team are in development for the next KH game and if they already finished choosing the Disney and Pixar films they want as worlds for the next game? I'd be surprised to see Soul being among those films included as a world in the next KH game, because I have been noticing lately that some of the more recent films released by Disney have been included as a world in a future KH game. The film, Tron: Legacy was a perfect example of this as the film came out in 2010 while Dream Drop Distance was still in development and eventually became a word 2 years after the film came out, perhaps the development team saw that film and decided to add it in at the last minute as a world in DDD. Even Big Hero 6 got included in Kingdom Hearts III just a year after its movie came out in 2014, but unlike with Tron: Legacy, Disney and/or Roy Conli basically requested Nomura to be added in the game as a world.

So it literally it comes down to which Disney and Pixar films would thematically work as worlds in the specific KH game and which ones they want to save for the next game. I doubt we will have both Coco and Soul as worlds in the same KH game together given that the both deal with death/afterlife despite both films having different settings/environments.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I can't say for certain on movies that haven't come out yet if I want to see them in a Kingdom Hearts game or not. Because the sad truth is not every Disney property can fit into the series, at least for it's entire world. That's why some get the Remy/Little Chef treatment which is not bad at all, in fact I love him in Twilight Town.

Going back to Moana for a second, I doubt they would, but it would be amazing if they actually got the Rock back to voice Maui. He did such a great job as the demi god, and I'm a big fan of him in movies and his WWF/WWE run. I don't know if they could get him though.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Going back to Moana for a second, I doubt they would, but it would be amazing if they actually got the Rock back to voice Maui. He did such a great job as the demi god, and I'm a big fan of him in movies and his WWF/WWE run. I don't know if they could get him though.
Me too, It would be awesome to have Dwayne Johnson return as Maui, but it will come down to his cost, his work schedule/availability, his interest on wanting to come back to voice the character and/or his "first right of refusal" for the next KH game.

I mean Mandy Moore didn't came back to voice Rapunzel in KH3, due to schedule conflicts as she was filming the third season of This is Us at the time of KH3's recording despite the fact she has voiced Rapunzel in her previous appearances after the film and was in the first KH game as Aerith.

I'd be surprised if Dwayne returns to voice him just for this new KH game since they did brought most of the cast from Frozen (Kristen Bell, Josh Gad, Jonathan Groff, Paul Briggs, and especially Idina Menzel) to reprise their roles for Kingdom Hearts III along with Christopher Daniel Barnes and T.J Miller for Prince Eric and Fred respectively after they ONLY voiced them in the original films, but if not I could see them using a good sound alike for Maui, leaving ONLY Auliʻi Cravalho (Moana), Jemaine Clement (Tamatoa), Rachel House (Grandmother Tala), and Aland Tudyk (Hei Hei) tor reprise their roles from the film.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I can't say for certain on movies that haven't come out yet if I want to see them in a Kingdom Hearts game or not. Because the sad truth is not every Disney property can fit into the series, at least for it's entire world. That's why some get the Remy/Little Chef treatment which is not bad at all, in fact I love him in Twilight Town.

I wonder if that means that he is originally from Twilight Town. Otherwise, Traverse Town should be back.

I would like Toy Box to return.
Big Hero 6
TWEWY
Chrono Trigger
Gargoyles
Jake Long as a summon
Camelot
Zootopia
Most of all I want Traverse Town back.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wonder if that means that he is originally from Twilight Town. Otherwise, Traverse Town should be back.

I would like Toy Box to return.
Big Hero 6
TWEWY
Chrono Trigger
Gargoyles
Jake Long as a summon
Camelot
Zootopia
Most of all I want Traverse Town back.

Either he's from Twilight Town or he traveled a interdimensional sewer system and arrived through that XD

disney233

Awards
What I'm curious about is how exactly he travels between worlds. Was that ever addressed?

Merlin's Magic, or transportation via Gummi Ship. Could be that he has one of his own, but it's definitely been addressed that he traveled along those lines.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards

Merlin's Magic, or transportation via Gummi Ship. Could be that he has one of his own, but it's definitely been addressed that he traveled along those lines.
Aw, I see now. Thanks!

In regards to how Remy got there, the diologue seems to imply that Scrooge found him on his homeworld before being asked to "broaden his culinary horizons", which probably meant cooking in a place that would allow him to discover and experiment with new ingredients he never used before. Thus, the two decided to head to Twilight Town and set up shop their. SDG getting him cross-world ingredients is essentially exactly the kind of opportunity Remy was looking for, though I'm shocked Remy would want to leave his homeworld behind just like that, lol.

Also, watching the clips in THAT order kinda highlights how utterly forgetful Sora was in that last scene. Seriously, one of the very first things Donald and Goofy told Sora was that Scrooge was a world traveler and was in the process of helping make a transit system so said travel would be easier. How does Sora forget that when he, in the exact same scene, references what it felt like during his time as a heartless (an experience that involved him actively losing his memory)? Just strange I guess, but it's a nitpick anyway.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If Remy was discovered in Scrooge's homeworld and that is where he comes from in the KH Universe, then correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that make him the first Disney/Pixar character to be found outside their world in another world that is not a original world? We've had plenty of Disney characters found in original worlds like Traverse Town, Radiant Garden, and Twilight Town. But we've never had Disney characters found in another Disney property homeworld. Isn't that meddling in a sense? And why Sora couldn't take Aladdin with him to other Disney worlds? And didn't someone in the higher ups not want characters like Simba in other Disney worlds so they had to flame him up or something, so why is Remy allowed to be found in Scrooge's homeworld? I personally don't have any issue with it at all, I'm just trying to understand these world order rules of KH.

disney233

Awards
If Remy was discovered in Scrooge's homeworld and that is where he comes from in the KH Universe, then correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that make him the first Disney/Pixar character to be found outside their world in another world that is not a original world? We've had plenty of Disney characters found in original worlds like Traverse Town, Radiant Garden, and Twilight Town. But we've never had Disney characters found in another Disney property homeworld. Isn't that meddling in a sense? And why Sora couldn't take Aladdin with him to other Disney worlds? And didn't someone in the higher ups not want characters like Simba in other Disney worlds so they had to flame him up or something, so why is Remy allowed to be found in Scrooge's homeworld? I personally don't have any issue with it at all, I'm just trying to understand these world order rules of KH.
From what Scrooge explained in the Twilight Town cutscene, it seems more like it was Scrooge that discovered Remy in REMY'S homeworld. And technically speaking, wouldn't Jiminy be the first to be found in a non-original world? Basically, world order is just a shit excuse (in my opinion) to keep Disney characters from crossing over. (I KNOW! GOD FORBID THEIR CHARACTERS TO CROSSOVER IN A FUCKING CROSSOVER.) But, the situation with world borders NOW, I think I can sum it up with....Disney has been clingy af with their properties NOW compared to back then.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I always pictured Scrooge visiting Remy's restuarant in Paris and making inviting him to travel with him after trying his cooking.

I wouldnt mind an actual Ratatouille world in the future. It would be fun to explore a restaurant or Paris from a rat's perspective. Plus then we might actually hear Remy speak

Back