• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Old mansion scene, Ansem the Wise call's Ansem seeker of darkness by xehanort?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Squall66

Is just me or in KH3 Old mansion scene, Ansem the Wise call's Ansem seeker of darkness by xehanort?
I have search along the web and do not find anyone complaining about this?
Am i missing stuff? is this a fault on the game?

Also some videos on youtube, some guys call it "Ansem seeker of darkness" and others "xehanort".

Thank you.

AR829038

Awards
Is just me or in KH3 Old mansion scene, Ansem the Wise call's Ansem seeker of darkness by xehanort?
I have search along the web and do not find anyone complaining about this?
Am i missing stuff? is this a fault on the game?

Also some videos on youtube, some guys call it "Ansem seeker of darkness" and others "xehanort".

Thank you.
Um, ASoD is Xehanort's Heartless—or, rather, the Heartless of Terra-Xehanort who was Ansem the Wise's apprentice. Xehanort stole Ansem's identity when he deposed him, and that's why his Heartless and Nobody (Xemnas is an anagram of Ansem with an X in it) are named after him.
This was established way back in KH2.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It is interesting that other characters continue to refer to him by "Ansem" even after it was revealed he stole the name.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
It is interesting that other characters continue to refer to him by "Ansem" even after it was revealed he stole the name.
Yeah. I think it's just to help better identify who specifically their reffering to. Young Xehanort (when talking to Sora) and Riku (when confronting SoD) each clarify this toward the end of DDD.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Gotta call him something. It would be a pain to keep referring to him as "Xehanort's Heartless" Ansemnort is catchy but obviously there is about as much a chance of him being called that as Terra-Xehanort to be called Terranort in the game.

Awards
Well with two other guys called Xehanort, and Xehanort's Heartless being a pain like what Salty said, Ansem's all they can use.

Also everyone's probably used to calling him Ansem like how they're used to "Axel."

Squall66

Um, ASoD is Xehanort's Heartless—or, rather, the Heartless of Terra-Xehanort who was Ansem the Wise's apprentice. Xehanort stole Ansem's identity when he deposed him, and that's why his Heartless and Nobody (Xemnas is an anagram of Ansem with an X in it) are named after him.
This was established way back in KH2.

Ok, thank you for your comment, but like the other guys are saying it's bad enough that we have 4 characters almost look alike.
my way to differentiate is the hair and clothes.
In the scene is clear to me that looking to the hair is ASOD, and not young xehanort, also xemnas is distinguable looking to the hair.

Of course when Atw call's Xehanort, every 4 of them is Xehanort, but in the rest of the game they are called for the proper names.

Am i right?

Time - 2:30.

AR829038

Awards
Ok, thank you for your comment, but like the other guys are saying it's bad enough that we have 4 characters almost look alike.
my way to differentiate is the hair and clothes.
In the scene is clear to me that looking to the hair is ASOD, and not young xehanort, also xemnas is distinguable looking to the hair.

Of course when Atw call's Xehanort, every 4 of them is Xehanort, but in the rest of the game they are called for the proper names.

Am i right?

Time - 2:30.
Right. But remember, Ansem the Wise calls Ansem Xehanort out of habit, because to him, both Ansem and Xemnas are just manifestations of his apprentice. In KH2, he always referred to Xemnas as Xehanort as well. That's just his preference, the same way it's easier for Sora and Riku to refer to his Heartless as Ansem because that's how they know that version of Xehanort best.

Eonstar890

Awards
Well if someone stole your name and you knew their actual name would you suddenly start referring to the them by your name? If anything it would be weird for Ansem to call Xehanort (who he actually is) Ansem. Like said previously he has never known him by that name as it was claimed after AtW was already banished. To him he has always just been Xehanort, whether that's as a human, heartless, nobody, or any other incarnation.
I am glad this name confusion comes to a close with the Dark Seeker Saga.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I mean, Xemnas is pretty much Xehanort's Nobody, who stole Ansem's name and named his Nobody after Ansem plus an "x", so it'd make sense to call Xemnas' Heartless counterpart by his original name.

Back