• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DLC dreams you know won’t come true

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Playable kairi
anti aqua as a data battle
more disney fights like hades and randall

Don't dismiss playable Kairi just yet. They could very well be holding off on showing playable Kairi until the final ReMind trailer when we get a release date. Now to me it wouldn't be nearly as exciting as what the last few trailers have shown, but playable Kairi in KH3 is on high demand for whatever reason so maybe we'll get the chance to play as her for those...how long is her battle sequence in that Saix fight? It's always over before I know it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Don't dismiss playable Kairi just yet. They could very well be holding off on showing playable Kairi until the final ReMind trailer when we get a release date. Now to me it wouldn't be nearly as exciting as what the last few trailers have shown, but playable Kairi in KH3 is on high demand for whatever reason so maybe we'll get the chance to play as her for those...how long is her battle sequence in that Saix fight? It's always over before I know it.
I can't wait to see peoples' happy faces drop when the fight is over in two seconds and the story plays out just like before.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe Kairi will get a one-on-one fight against Axel (Secret Forest), Xion (Keyblade Graveyard), Xemnas (Keyblade Graveyard after being kidnapped), Ansem: Seeker of Darkness (Keyblade Graveyard after beating Xemnas), and Master Xehanort (after beating Ansem).

D

Deleted member 252753

I would like to see more of Saïx. As I understand, he was actually directing Vexen and helping the good guys but we never see him openly do that or talk about it. It might be nice to see him show his feelings, if only to himself. Also his interaction with Xion would be interesting.

Also I would really like to get a sense of why Xehanort became convinced that the world was an 'utter failure' and consumed by darkness. It seems like we will get a little bit of that with YX and the MoM but I would love some playable segment where maybe YX tries to do good things for people and everything goes wrong or something.

Finally, given their roles, it would be interesting to see Vexen (and maybe Axel) show some regret over how they manipulated Repliku.

D

Deleted member 252753

Don't know about Vexen, but Axel actually did write down his feelings on how he treated Repliku in one of the secret diary entries in 358/2 Days.
Thank you. Only skimmed through the secret diary entries when going though 1.5 so will look for that one

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Maybe Kairi will get a one-on-one fight against Axel (Secret Forest), Xion (Keyblade Graveyard), Xemnas (Keyblade Graveyard after being kidnapped), Ansem: Seeker of Darkness (Keyblade Graveyard after beating Xemnas), and Master Xehanort (after beating Ansem).
Probably not for the secret forest since that'd require them making new assets for a one-time fight, but I definitely see her for Xion. Having Kairi fighting back against the norts before she's knocked out would also be nice.

the red monster

Awards
I seriously doubt it

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I would like to see more of Saïx. As I understand, he was actually directing Vexen and helping the good guys but we never see him openly do that or talk about it. It might be nice to see him show his feelings, if only to himself. Also his interaction with Xion would be interesting.

Also I would really like to get a sense of why Xehanort became convinced that the world was an 'utter failure' and consumed by darkness. It seems like we will get a little bit of that with YX and the MoM but I would love some playable segment where maybe YX tries to do good things for people and everything goes wrong or something.

Finally, given their roles, it would be interesting to see Vexen (and maybe Axel) show some regret over how they manipulated Repliku.
I don't think we're going to see more of Saix's "good side" because it was meant to be hidden so well, kind of like Snape in Harry Potter.

Also, Vexen's whole atonement storyline was basically the regret over the suffering he caused. I mean it would be interesting to see him working on the new Repliku and before he awakens, Vexen can say something about how sorry he is (and this would be a nice scene to actually show WHERE Vexen was working on the replicas since it was definitely not on top those rocks in the Keyblade Graveyard).

johnsan92

So it’s Monday morning and we are all still a little high from the Re:Mind trailer a week later, so let’s talk about DLC.

...specifically ones that will never come true but we still want them anyways!

I’ll start:

- DLC costumes based on the First Breath, World Tour, and World of Tres artwork. I’d love to see Sora in a tux.

- FF characters: I mean, at this point we all kinda figure this isn’t happening but it would be nice to have them in the game with a little quest attached to them. That leads to the next two wishes!

- Playable Riku scenario: a whole segment based on his time with Mickey in the Realm of Darkness, which also covers Radiant Garden so we can have FF characters appear. A few members have mentioned this recently and I know I definitely wanted this almost immediately after it became obvious in KH3 that we were going to miss out on that experience.

- World of Final Fantasy cameos: The constellations are based on WoFF already. Just have Lann and Reynn appear as secret DLC bosses. The way that game ends essentially open them up to being able to appear really ANYWHERE.
I'm going to list what I wish would happen in the ideal world
Adding more story content to the base game instead of being a separate episode
Expanding on Kairi more and giving her more time in the main story
Getting to play as Kairi and train with Axel
Dual wielding keyblades and drive forms available from command menu
Attraction flow having an actual cost on Sora (like draining all of his MP and Focus) with it being unusable in boss fights
Roxas and Ventus having a conversation
Riku actually speaking a single word to Kairi
Explorable Destiny Islands and seeing the old gang (Tidus, Sophie, Wakka)
Explorable Twilight Town with struggle cup
An entire level with Riku playable, and mandatory in the base game
Olympus Colosseum in the base game
Final Fantasy characters actually helping in the final battle.
That's about all I can think of. I really dislike Osaka team and felt they weren't ready to make KH3. I almost wish it didn't happen

Xagzan

Awards
Already said the Kairi bit earlier, but another thing I'd love to see, since it's now been brought to my attention that the final battle theme was not composed by Shimomura but most likely by Ishimoto, would be an extra round against Master Xehanort with a track actually composed by Yoko. Or at the very least by that guy, what's his name, the one who did the 3 Xehanorts theme that was beyond godly and apparently made Yoko's nose bleed when she heard it.

One or the other of those two. And that round could also fulfill my other wish, which is a fight against a giant MX. We fought a giant Ansem, a giant Xemnas, where the heck was my colossal, KH-fused MX battle?

But this topic is about what we know won't happen, so yeah...

NoWay

Awards
0.2 added in as Episode Aqua, but polished to fit in with the rest of KH3, also a Riku and Xehanort episode
I really want this to happen! I mean if you count 0.2 as a part from KH3, KH3 as a whole becomes soooooo much better.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
You can use the playable characters to fight the dancing furniture that Merlin has!
^^^^^^^

0.2 added in as Episode Aqua, but polished to fit in with the rest of KH3, also a Riku and Xehanort episode
I really, really, really want an Episode Riku. I'm 100% positive there was meant to be more to his part in the base game, but had to be cut due to time. He's already playable, the Dark World was given a logo and is briefly playable for a couple fights, and then there's Radiant Garden. I want all that expanded upon.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I really, really, really want an Episode Riku. I'm 100% positive there was meant to be more to his part in the base game, but had to be cut due to time. He's already playable, the Dark World was given a logo and is briefly playable for a couple fights, and then there's Radiant Garden. I want all that expanded upon.
While I agree, I think the problem with having the Dark World and Radiant Garden expanded is that we already know nothing truly important really happens in those time frames. Riku and Mickey didn't gain or accomplish anything by going to Radiant Garden (nor did they assist in anyone else's efforts), and were implied to have not run into any heartless till they got to the Dark Margin. They bassically left themselves no real wiggle room in terms of expanding on the story of those scenarios. That said, it could still open the door on some additional character interactions, and ideally could even have a cameo from the Restoration Committee. But at the same time, if it's just for that, I could see it being relegated to cutscenes.

Not saying this wasn't a good idea (I would definitely appreciate an addition like that), it's just that if it were added to KH3, it'd require a bit of reworking to the base story. At the very least certain peices of diologue would need to be changed.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
While I agree, I think the problem with having the Dark World and Radiant Garden expanded is that we already know nothing truly important really happens in those time frames. Riku and Mickey didn't gain or accomplish anything by going to Radiant Garden (nor did they assist in anyone else's efforts), and were implied to have not run into any heartless till they got to the Dark Margin. They bassically left themselves no real wiggle room in terms of expanding on the story of those scenarios.
I know, and I hate that! :mad:

That said, it could still open the door on some additional character interactions, and ideally could even have a cameo from the Restoration Committee. But at the same time, if it's just for that, I could see it being relegated to cutscenes.
At the very least I want them to give an explanation for their absence.

Also have Riku, Ienzo, and Aeleus acknowledge their previous encounter with each other. It's so weird having them act like nothing happened previously, or Aeleus apparently feeling bad about him epically pimp slapping Roxas but not for trying to turn Riku into a ceiling fan.

Not saying this wasn't a good idea (I would definitely appreciate an addition like that), it's just that if it were added to KH3, it'd require a bit of reworking to the base story. At the very least certain peices of diologue would need to be changed.
True. And it's hard to tell if what we've seen of Re:Mind is a new worldline thing or if they're seriously rewriting parts. The latter being preferable.

KH3 as a whole needs a rewrite....

SweetYetSalty

Awards
While I agree, I think the problem with having the Dark World and Radiant Garden expanded is that we already know nothing truly important really happens in those time frames. Riku and Mickey didn't gain or accomplish anything by going to Radiant Garden (nor did they assist in anyone else's efforts), and were implied to have not run into any heartless till they got to the Dark Margin. They bassically left themselves no real wiggle room in terms of expanding on the story of those scenarios. That said, it could still open the door on some additional character interactions, and ideally could even have a cameo from the Restoration Committee. But at the same time, if it's just for that, I could see it being relegated to cutscenes.

Not to change the topic, but this is kinda why I would be hesitate for a "playable Kairi training segment in the time-forest" it would accomplish nothing other then the people who want to play as her to play as her, and maybe for some that is enough. But battle wise Kairi accomplishes nothing at the Keyblade Graveyard, we know she doesn't win any fights herself, gets kidnapped and killed. Why play as a character who's fate you know is going to suck? Unless they really are going to rewrite the plot of KH3, I'd wait for another game to have playable Kairi personally. One where she's not limited to what KH3 established for her.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
At the very least I want them to give an explanation for their absence.

Also have Riku, Ienzo, and Aeleus acknowledge their previous encounter with each other. It's so weird having them act like nothing happened previously, or Aeleus apparently feeling bad about him epically pimp slapping Roxas but not for trying to turn Riku into a ceiling fan.
Yeah. If not a cameo, then some level of an explanation for their absence is definitely in order. I find it hard to believe they would just... leave the castle empty/unguarded, or just hand it over to the newly restored apprentices, considering what they've done in the past. Weren't they essentially the ones leading RG in AtW's absence? Honestly, that's a whole discussion all on it's own, but is all the more reason they really shouldn't have been entirely absent from KH3. Regardless of how Nomura feels about there being "too many" characters in the game as it is (even if most of them were barely in it, barely said anything, didn't do anything, or in some cases didn't even say anything), it damages the believability of the story if you just go cutting out entire important groups of people without a trace like that. I doubt he fully thought out how such a decision would affect the story, so much as he just looked at the numbers and went like: "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't we have enough already?! Besides, the fans care more about the original characters anyway, right?" Gotta work smarter and not harder I guess..

An extended interaction between Riku and the apprentices would definitely be in order too. This might also give an opportunity for Dolan and Aeleus to speak and actually voice their own thoughts for once in the game. I'll never get over how they kept entirely mute, despite clearly being in emotional shock at their Master's return. Aeleus' Nobody may be the "Silent Hero," but he's not so closed he doesn't speak when spoken too, or when prompted. Even moreso with Dilan.

Also, Lexeaus knocking Riku out cold is one of the most brutal moments in the series, and is probably the only time I legitimately thought a character might've gotten their bones shattered, lol. I wonder.. is it even possible for Riku to forget something like that? :unsure:

True. And it's hard to tell if what we've seen of Re:Mind is a new worldline thing or if they're seriously rewriting parts. The latter being preferable.

KH3 as a whole needs a rewrite....
I still don't even fully understand what a worldline is in it's most basic definition, so I hope that's not shoved into KH3, lest it's narrative become more cluttered with nonsense than it already is. I'm not expecting much at this point, but if nothing else, please just let it be some sort of rewrite.

Not to change the topic, but this is kinda why I would be hesitate for a "playable Kairi training segment in the time-forest" it would accomplish nothing other then the people who want to play as her to play as her, and maybe for some that is enough. But battle wise Kairi accomplishes nothing at the Keyblade Graveyard, we know she doesn't win any fights herself, gets kidnapped and killed. Why play as a character who's fate you know is going to suck? Unless they really are going to rewrite the plot of KH3, I'd wait for another game to have playable Kairi personally. One where she's not limited to what KH3 established for her.
Well, you're not wrong. Being playable during her training (which the game, more specifically the journal entries, treat as ineffective anyway) doesn't make Kairi's performance or use in the story any better. It doesn't suddenly make her more capable, or help round out her "arc", so what would be the point?

I'd imagine it's just catharsis for a lot of people who've really been rooting for Kairi to be playable. While it doesn't exactly give her more agency, or undue her treatment in this game by itself, it does at least allow for people who may still be on the fence about Kairi to get some level of interest in seeing her as a future playable protagonist.

Last edited:
Back