• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
To Be honest, I don't think The Caribbean had ANY restrictions/guidelines from Disney when compared to the worlds of Arendelle, Corona and the Pixar-based worlds: Toy Box and Monstropolis (mainly the latter Pixar world) in KH3.
Sora, Donald, and Goofy barely knows what's going on because they were absent in the movie's plot just like Arendelle, and Corona. THE BOYS' PARTY MEMBER WASN'T EVEN REAL UNTIL THE MERE BEGINNING AND FINAL CLASH OF THE MOVIE! THERE WAS NO MIDDLE GROUND!

disney233

Awards
I feel so bad I haven't seen Coco yet. I've heard so many great things about it, I really want to see it. Especially if it can be a potential KH world. Yes, I have that mindset in the back of my mind everytime I watch a Disney/Pixar movie. Could it be in the next Kingdom Hearts game, lol.

And I didn't know that about Pixar wanting original stuff for their worlds in KH. That explains Toy Box and Monstropolis. I'd still want a Bug's Life world not sure if Hopper would be in it now, though.
Coco is a sweet movie tbh. Makes me kinda wish they added it in KH3, since
Spoiler Spoiler Show

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Sora, Donald, and Goofy barely knows what's going on because they were absent in the movie's plot just like Arendelle, and Corona. THE BOYS' PARTY MEMBER WASN'T EVEN REAL UNTIL THE MERE BEGINNING AND FINAL CLASH OF THE MOVIE! THERE WAS NO MIDDLE GROUND!
At least I prefer The Caribbean over Kingdom of Corona if you ask me. And AGAIN for Corona, Sora, Donald and Goofy don't know what has happened especially during the 2nd and last acts of the world.

Sora just wouldn’t shut up when he tried to call out Rapunzel and attracted attention of the antagonists even if he showed concerned for Rapunzel's well being. The First time attracted Gothel’s attention, the second time attracted Marluxia’s attention. Just watching him calling Rapunzel (the second time before Marluxia appeared) almost made me want to shut him up about to interfere the events of the movie and especially the “world order!” Even. Donald and Goofy did absolutely NOTHING and stood idle while Sora remained unconscious thanks to Marluxia until Maximus woke him up the next day. Shame on them.

On top of that, Sora and the gang never question Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, but they also didn’t know about Mother Gothel true colors and remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her until Marluxia reveals her real colors to them through context. Wanna hear the worse part, they, especially Goofy (who is supposed to be the intelligent one of the trio) didn’t grow suspicious with Mother Gothel especially when she coldly dismissed them and said they were “useless and of no help”. I mean If I was present with them and after our first encounter with Gothel once she dismiss us and leaves, I too would be the first to question and feel suspicious about Gothel especially when she coldly dismiss us as “useless” and wether if she really is Rapunzel’s “real mother” (which she isn’t). Even they also remain blissfully unaware that Flynn/Eugene got knocked out and when they (particularly Donald and Goofy) see him again they don't question what happened to him they just say, "Flynn Sora's unconscious" and "Oh no Rapunzel is held Captive" etc. it felt too preachy and over the top.

Lastly, the rest of it when Flynn went out to rescue Rapunzel (Gothel stabbing Flynn/Eugene, Eugene cutting Rapunzel's hair causing Gothel aged to dust, Rapunzel healing Flynn/Eugene) just had Sora Donald and Goofy being just "There" in the background not knowing what's happening ever since Flynn went of to the tower to rescue Rapunzel (yeah they saw Gothel's cloak before it was immediately turned into the Grim Guardianess Heartless by Marluxia and witness Flynn/Eugene dying until Rapunzel revived him with the Healing incantation) but they weren't acknowledged by the cast until after Eugene was Healed.

Just Imagine if SDG were involved during the climax of Wreck-It Ralph, Moana and Zootopia but are just "there" in the background not knowing what's going on and doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but don't acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved.

You can continue arguing, but honestly I don't think The Caribbean had ANY restrictions from Disney.

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
Just Imagine if SDG were involved during the climax of Wreck-It Ralph, Moana and Zootopia but are just "there" in the background not knowing what's going on and doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but don't acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved.

Almost. Every. Single. World. After. 1.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I feel so bad I haven't seen Coco yet. I've heard so many great things about it, I really want to see it. Especially if it can be a potential KH world. Yes, I have that mindset in the back of my mind everytime I watch a Disney/Pixar movie. Could it be in the next Kingdom Hearts game, lol.

And I didn't know that about Pixar wanting original stuff for their worlds in KH. That explains Toy Box and Monstropolis. I'd still want a Bug's Life world not sure if Hopper would be in it now, though.

To be fair though, Pixar is known for their stories hence why the majority of their films received Critical acclaim which is the reason why they requested to Nomura and his team to do Original stories on the Pixar worlds based on their films, because if they "retell the plot" of the film with SDG and KH elements involved, it would take away the important lessons and values that made the original films great but drastically change certain characters personalities and act out of character compared to the movie. As in my thoughts with Pixar only allowing original stories based on their movies, I'm alright with this change cause it mostly give positive's and few negatives (to a few people who are upset with this):

Positives:
  1. Allows Sora, Donald and Goofy to be involved in the movie's world, rather than retell the plot of the movie with them sticking out like a sore thumb in some instances, and having the KH antagonists be "shoehorned" in the plot.
  2. Takes existing Pixar characters in a new story exclusive to the KH series, while keeping the same behavior and personalities from the film.
  3. Protects the timeline and canon of each Pixar film without changing important events from their films, hence the Toy Story world taking place between Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3 and the Monster's Inc. world set after the events of the movie.
Negatives:
  1. Not exploring the plot of the film (A few people just wanted to explore the locations from the movie, hence their disappointment on the Toy Story world)
  2. Pixar villains (Frankly, I've seen a lot of comments mainly on YouTube with some users expressing on wanting to fight that specific Pixar villain only to be disappointed they aren't in the game or not as a boss (e.g. Waternoose, Syndrome, etc.)

In fact, in an interview from Nomura at D23 2017 following the reveal of the Toy Story world in KH3, he originally wanted to have the Toy Story world to follow the events of the First or Second film, but Pixar requested Nomura to "do something that is original and unrelated to the films" hence the original storyline for the Toy Story world in KH3 being an interquel to the 2nd and 3rd film.

Regarding Coco as I several posts based on this on this thread, I can envision the story could take place after the events of the film (before or after the epilogue) where Sora (and perhaps Donald and Goofy) ending up in the land of the dead but at the same time he encounters and helps Miguel's great-great relatives (Hector, Mother Imelda, Coco, Papa Julio, etc..) and Miguel on a new threat that is threatening the Land of the Dead and Santa Cecilia (e.g. one of the antagonists or Heartless and/or Dream Eaters is causing havoc on the civilians preventing them from reaching the ofrendas and seeing their living relatives. Or a possible route and the first for a Pixar-based world that it could be a prequel to the original movie where Sora ends up in the land of the dead trying to find his way back and he encounters Hector who also wants to cross the bridge to reach Coco, which can also tie into Sora's character development.

Besides the connection of Family (la Familia), Remembrance and memory which were the themes of the original movie and could connect with Sora's character development and the KH plot, the alebrijes could be another important story plot connection for the world cause in the original film they are meant to be spirit guides to their owners and their families such as Dante and Pepita. What if there were alebrijes that became corrupted and turns itself into a Heartless or Nightmare Dream Eater and actually do the opposite? I could so imagine the world culminated with either a Heartless or Dream Eater boss based on the Mexican deity, Quetzalcoatl with Sora riding on Pepita and battling the boss in the vein of Sora riding on Baymax and the Magic Carpet.

But hey, I'm very excited on how Pixar and Square Enix will come up with the new story for a world based on Coco. Another interesting thing to note is that apparently Jason Katz who worked on the Toy Story movies and was one of the consultants with the Toy Story world in Kingdom Hearts III also worked on Coco, plus Jason, Adrian Molina and some of the people who worked on the movie could serve as consultants giving notes to the Nomura and his team regarding on the Coco level. Coco definitely screams Kingdom Hearts level from both the environment, the story, the alebrijes and potential boss, so I'm very excited to see Square recreate it as a level.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Almost. Every. Single. World. After. 1.
Okay I had enough with your complaints disney233, and frankly I rather prefer The Caribbean over Kingdom of Corona if you ask me. So that's enough of you.

Coco is a sweet movie tbh. Makes me kinda wish they added it in KH3, since
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Unlikely as Big Hero 6 was the last world requested by Disney and/or Roy Conli in the game to be chosen in the game as a world since 2014/early 2015.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think Toy Box could have been fine if they used Al's Toy Barn instead of Galaxy Toys. They could have had the first floor like the film and then extended other floors to be original, that way we at least get some relationship to a film location and an original story.

I really enjoyed Monstropolis, but I do think the only thing it was lacking was a boss fight with Randall. It would have been perfect to have that conveyor belt thing be his fight, where you get past certain obstacles then get a few hits in, then he turns invisible and runs further up the belt.

Honestly, if Disney is going the route of only having "fighting villains" otherwise you face a giant heartless, I want world selection to be focused on giving us an actual Disney boss to fight. I'm hoping for KH IV they look at how they integrated film plot and main story (like Agrabah) in KH1 and lean more in that direction. The fact is that it's really disappointing to visit a Disney world and the climax be nothing related to the Disney villain or the world itself. Giant heartless can work in some worlds, but having the majority of worlds have giant heartless bosses was just a huge letdown.

disney233

Awards
I think Toy Box could have been fine if they used Al's Toy Barn instead of Galaxy Toys. They could have had the first floor like the film and then extended other floors to be original, that way we at least get some relationship to a film location and an original story.

I really enjoyed Monstropolis, but I do think the only thing it was lacking was a boss fight with Randall. It would have been perfect to have that conveyor belt thing be his fight, where you get past certain obstacles then get a few hits in, then he turns invisible and runs further up the belt.

Honestly, if Disney is going the route of only having "fighting villains" otherwise you face a giant heartless, I want world selection to be focused on giving us an actual Disney boss to fight. I'm hoping for KH IV they look at how they integrated film plot and main story (like Agrabah) in KH1 and lean more in that direction. The fact is that it's really disappointing to visit a Disney world and the climax be nothing related to the Disney villain or the world itself. Giant heartless can work in some worlds, but having the majority of worlds have giant heartless bosses was just a huge letdown.
The joy of the Kingdom Hearts series is experiencing the Disney magic by conversing with the characters and engaging with the villains, both Disney & Final Fantasy. That's why I'll always enjoy KH1. Having the most memorable boss fights like Jafar, Ursula, Hook, and most of all Maleficent, and having summons help you through those fights like Simba, Bambi, and most of all Genie & Tinker Bell. Honestly, my stories would always allow Tinker Bell & Genie to tag along. KH2 also has some memorable villains, that I can't deny. In all of them, Pete & the MCP were my most favorite bosses to fight. On TOP of this, we have this engaging soundtrack SPECIFICALLY for the Disney bosses that make the battles all the more engaging.

There's Squirming Evil, you can FEEL that intensity, the stakes risen when it was first introduced by Clayton and Cerberus (depending on where you started) and then given to the big bads in their beginning form like Jafar, Ursula, Maleficent, and Hook (despite not having a 2nd form)

There's Destiny's Force, despite it being an overall boss theme, it still gives that final countdown feel, when fighting Genie-Jafar & Oogie Boogie's manor.

Then there's The Deep End, that gives that hot damm, shit's getting real! feel with Giant Ursula and Dragon Maleficent. With those two, it's like utter chaos when this theme is played and you know it. There's even that sense of chaos when fighting Ansem & Kurt Zisa, especially.

NOW, comes KH2, stepping its game up with three tracks in mind for Disney villains. The first one is Vim & Vigor, and it's been used ever since. It's used for more...humanoid bosses and characters that aren't...main antagonists, but gives an interesting take. We've all had that fun when fighting Shan Yu & Barbossa, and of course, there's no other game that allows you to fight Experiment 221 & THE MAGIC MIRROR FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Next is Rowdy Rumble...honestly my favorite soundtrack in the game. I don't know why, but when this theme plays I always get that satisfaction of beating up Pete, Lock, Shock, Barrel, Shenzi, Banzai, Ed, & the Beagle Boys when this theme's playing in the background, as well as whalloping the Heartless & Unversed while protecting Minnie & Cinderella.

Finally, we have the end all be all soundtrack of Kingdom Hearts, introducing its memorable one of them all. Stepping up KH1's game, KH2 introduces The Encounter, as theme used for the epicness of the Disney bosses. The intensity, the rush, it's honestly my favorite soundtrack in the game, and I'm loving fighting Disney bosses when that theme plays.

Now that my tangent is over...you can understand how disheartened it is to see these Disney boss themes used for the Heartless instead. It's nice to see the songs again...but at the price of replacing Disney bosses with Heartless? Kinda makes me fear if there're intentions of continuing that pattern. As I said in the beginning, the best part of any Kingdom Hearts game is the magic of engaging combat/interacting with the Disney characters. Disney actually WANTING to take that away is...them literally getting rid of their own magic.

Ironic, huh?

Amadeus

Awards
Or a possible route and the first for and Pixar-based world it could be a prequel to the original movie where Sora ends up in the land of the dead trying to find his way back and he encounters Hector who also wants to cross the bridge to reach Coco, which can also tie into Sora's character development.

I think the prequel route is the best one for a Coco world. Firstly, Sora meeting Héctor is a perfect setup: Héctor needs help, and Sora loves to help. Even more important, though, is that Sora must fail in his attempts to help Héctor cross the Marigold Bridge. Sora's never really failed in any of his endeavors to help people, not in the way other KH protagonsists have: Roxas failed to keep his promise to Xion at the end of Days, Terra failed to control the darkness within him, Aqua's rescue plan for Ven (for his heart to eventually find its way home as he slept) failed. It'll be a big wake-up call moment that will teach Sora that he can't just persevere and hope his way through everything. He's probably had some lessons like these (not reaching Tron's hand in time in 3D comes to mind), but none have had the grand impact that I'm hoping a Coco world will have on him. Not everyone can be saved, and Sora needs to learn that.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I think the prequel route is the best one for a Coco world. Firstly, Sora meeting Héctor is a perfect setup: Héctor needs help, and Sora loves to help. Even more important, though, is that Sora must fail in his attempts to help Héctor cross the Marigold Bridge. Sora's never really failed in any of his endeavors to help people, not in the way other KH protagonsists have: Roxas failed to keep his promise to Xion at the end of Days, Terra failed to control the darkness within him, Aqua's rescue plan for Ven (for his heart to eventually find its way home as he slept) failed. It'll be a big wake-up call moment that will teach Sora that he can't just persevere and hope his way through everything. He's probably had some lessons like these (not reaching Tron's hand in time in 3D comes to mind), but none have had the grand impact that I'm hoping a Coco world will have on him. Not everyone can be saved, and Sora needs to learn that.
Yeah and I realize that it makes sense to have the world based on Coco to be a prequel to the film, because at the end of Coco after Miguel sang "Remember Me" to Mama Coco, Héctor's memory was saved and restoring his status among the Rivera family. On top of that his Guitar (which was stolen by Ernesto De la Cruz after poisoning him) was later displayed with Héctor's framed letters to Coco at the Rivera residence, following the reveal of Ernesto's crimes a year later, so a sequel-based original story is unlikely when compared to the sequel-based story for the Monster's Inc. world in KH3 and for other potential Pixar films becoming worlds with a sequel-based story (e.g. Brave, Onward, The Incredibles (set after the second film)) as the Guitar is now part of the Rivera family, thus making it unlikely for Miguel to return to The Land of the Dead once again.

I also would like to see Dante again. Even if he is more attached to Miguel (as he was the one who named him) he does reside in the Land of the Dead and maybe his encounter and curiosity with Sora could somewhat mirror his relationship he had with Miguel in the film.
latest

Regarding Ernesto De la Cruz, curious how he will handled IF he were to appear in a prequel based original story for Coco in the next Kingdom Hearts game?

Cause it wouldn't make sense for Sora to meet him and know about his true nature that he murdered Héctor and stole his music and songs (cause that goes to Miguel who figures it out himself once he finds out about Ernesto's true nature in the Land of the Dead) or go the same route like what Randall went to in Kingdom Hearts III. I think the likely route is he either is going to be just indirectly mentioned, or have a small cameo in one to two scenes in the world, cause he does a Sunrise Spectacular at the end of Dia de los Muertos, but only to have his concert be briefly interrupted by a Nightmare Dream Eater or Heartless.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Then there's The Deep End, that gives that hot damm, shit's getting real! feel with Giant Ursula and Dragon Maleficent. With those two, it's like utter chaos when this theme is played and you know it. There's even that sense of chaos when fighting Ansem & Kurt Zisa, especially.
I always loved "The Deep End" being introduced with the Giant Ursula battle. Seemed appropriate.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That truly would have been a perfect fight for Randall. 😭

WE HAD A POSSESSED BUZZ and Pixar was just like "nah".

WHY?!

WHY?!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

WHY?!

WHY?!
Possessed Buzz would have been great with Young Xehanort taunting us on the side lines. After you beat Buzz, then the giant heartless could have showed up.

I think I just miss the boss fights being two-parters like in KH1 and/or two boss fights spread out across 2 visits like in KH2. If we fought Zurg on the first visit and then the giant heartless on the second, I don't think anyone would have complained. Or even fighting Zurg as the mid-boss (instead of the doll) and then the giant heartless.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Kinda a random KH thought, but if RAX return in KH4 (and they better) I would love a segment of Axel getting them a place to live in Twilight Town and it's shabby. Roxas likes it and instead of Xion giving a direct first answer, we go inside her head and see she has her own set of the Inside Out emotions all in Organization coats discussing the problem of their new home, similar to Riley's own new home issues from the movie. It would be fitting since unlike Axel/Lea and Roxas, Xion has never tasted the full normal life. She'd make for a good Riley substitute in that regard, and then from there on out every now and again in odd cutscenes whenever Sora, Kairi, Riku, Namine, Terra, or whoever is thinking about something we get a look inside their heads and see their emotions processing whatever madness the plot is bringing them. Just a random Inside Out thought for KH4.

ryder16

you know I always see people here only take as if Sora, Donald and Goofy could visit worlds, when we have so many others who could visit worlds. (I have been trying to find movie polts similar to what has happened to the characters I have one for all but the Wayfinder trio)

disney233

Awards
you know I always see people here only take as if Sora, Donald and Goofy could visit worlds, when we have so many others who could visit worlds. (I have been trying to find movie polts similar to what has happened to the characters I have one for all but the Wayfinder trio)
Given how bland traveling worlds with TAV were, it's not surprising really. Characters that aren't SDG don't really...contribute to the world...at all. I mean, I do like how interactive the Organization is with most of the worlds shown in the Days Manga...so yeah. There's that. I favor Kairi going to the worlds of the other Princesses, I just feel there's not much to go off of that.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Without changing to much of the subject, or the past 24 hours Disney has released new trailers for both Disney/Pixar's Onward and the upcoming Live-action film, Jungle Cruise.

Onward:

Jungle Cruise:

I do see potential for them becoming worlds in the next KH games sooner than later, particularly the latter so we can have more Disney live-action based worlds in the series besides Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron. Anyways feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions on them.

WHY?!

WHY?!
Well you can thank Pixar for the guidelines and restrictions they put on Nomura. In fact, from the 2 Pixar worlds that Pixar was strict on I'd have to learn towards the Monster's Inc. world instead of the Toy Story world imao, given how picky and restrictive they were on not allowing Randall to be a boss (more so a mid-boss) in the level.

I say the Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts III that had the most strictness from Most strict to NO restrictions are:
  1. Frozen (Obviously, as said in most interviews by Nomura and the development team and MOST KH fans)
  2. Monster's Inc.
  3. Tangled
  4. Toy Story (to some degree, but not quite)
  5. The Caribbean
  6. San Fransokyo
  7. Olympus
  8. 100 Acre Wood

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Possessed Buzz would have been great with Young Xehanort taunting us on the side lines. After you beat Buzz, then the giant heartless could have showed up.

I think I just miss the boss fights being two-parters like in KH1 and/or two boss fights spread out across 2 visits like in KH2. If we fought Zurg on the first visit and then the giant heartless on the second, I don't think anyone would have complained. Or even fighting Zurg as the mid-boss (instead of the doll) and then the giant heartless.
It's kinda funny how they avoided using a villain character for Toy Box. Every other world used its villain in some way (or in San Fransokyo's case, Baymax's original body with Hiro's fight chip of evil.)

Olympus - Hades is there, but we fights the titans
Corona - Gothel's Heartless
Monstropolis - Randall is there, but we fight a machine of his turned Unversed
Arendelle - Han's Heartless
Caribbean - Davy Jones, and we fight the Kraken just before that.
San Fransokyo - Evil Baymax
Toy Box - lol nope. We get a doll and a Heartless that has nothing to do with anyone.

Well you can thank Pixar for the guidelines and restrictions they put on Nomura. In fact, from the 2 Pixar worlds that Pixar was strict on I'd have to learn towards the Monster's Inc. world instead of the Toy Story world imao, given how picky and restrictive they were on not allowing Randall to be a boss (more so a mid-boss) in the level.
tenor.gif

I say the Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts III that had the most strictness from Most strict to NO restrictions are:
  1. Frozen (Obviously, as said in most interviews by Nomura and the development team and MOST KH fans)
  2. Monster's Inc.
  3. Tangled
  4. Toy Story (to some degree, but not quite)
  5. The Caribbean
  6. San Fransokyo
  7. Olympus
  8. 100 Acre Wood
Sounds about right to me.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Anyone else want a Tamatoa boss fight in KH4 if they have a Moana world in the game? I was just watching Moana this week and I would so enjoy Moana as a party member, Maui as a Summon/Link and Tamatoa as a fun boss battle. And I want his Shiny song to be the theme.
Edit: Every hit you give him gives you munny.

disney233

Awards
Anyone else want a Tamatoa boss fight in KH4 if they have a Moana world in the game? I was just watching Moana this week and I would so enjoy Moana as a party member, Maui as a Summon/Link and Tamatoa as a fun boss battle. And I want his Shiny song to be the theme.
As long as he actually sings it. If Disney wanted to flanderize Arendelle to hell by adding in the FULL Let It Go, then a musical boss fight should happen.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
If Moana is a world, a Tamatoa boss fight is pretty much a given, lol. Same probably goes for Te Ka (even if she's technically immortal).

On the subject, I recently found this imagined track for a Moana world, and it's absolutely stunning! It combines elements from several of the songs in the movie, though I could only pick up on the "Right Where You Are" and "How Far I'll Go" segments.

In general, I think if Moana is ever a world, it should be reserved for something special that properly utilizes all of it's narrative similarities to the Kingdom Hearts franchise and it's philosophy. I'd really rather it not end up being completely wasted like Arendelle, or confused and half baked like Kingdom of Corona. Even if I'm not as invested in the series anymore, seeing a film I cherish so much get treated like trash would still tick me off. 😣

Last edited:
Back